Dating a Single Mom

Eugene_1984

Good afternoon to you all. I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe. I am not so sure IF this forum is an appropriate place to post my question, but i am hoping to get some feedback from those who are single moms themselves.

I am 36 and am currently attempting to court a 40 something mom who has a 17 year old daughter. I am accutely aware of what is at stake and am able to accept her daughter. I understand that her daughter will always be her top priority and that she requires alot of space. I do honestly care about her and have once in a while left her favourite items (not expensive) on her desk with a note to show that i care. However, i am not sure if it would be enough. Many times i have thought of texting or calling her, but i have put it off as she is a very busy lady. Lately i feel she has been abit distant towards me. Besides giving her the space and listening to her, is there anything else i can do to let her know that i genuinely care about her without appearing too pushy?
Much Thanks.

Good afternoon to you all. I hope all of you are doing well and staying safe. I am not so sure IF this forum is an appropriate place to post my question, but i am hoping to get some feedback from those who are single moms themselves.

I am 36 and am currently attempting to court a 40 something mom who has a 17 year old daughter. I am accutely aware of what is at stake and am able to accept her daughter. I understand that her daughter will always be her top priority and that she requires alot of space. I do honestly care about her and have once in a while left her favourite items (not expensive) on her desk with a note to show that i care. However, i am not sure if it would be enough. Many times i have thought of texting or calling her, but i have put it off as she is a very busy lady. Lately i feel she has been abit distant towards me. Besides giving her the space and listening to her, is there anything else i can do to let her know that i genuinely care about her without appearing too pushy?
Much Thanks.
Call her out for a quick catch up. Express your feelings for her. Show her that you're ready and confident about building a family with her and her teen daughter. But remember, teens especially girls can be very complicated and reluctant in accepting a new family member. It's either you make her understand about your feelings for her or accept her decision, whatever it may be.

Back