D3 or D5 ET?

havingfaithh

I did my egg retrieval at KKH. On the day of ER, I was informed to come back on Day 3 for Embryo transfer. Does anybody know how does the doctor decide which day to do embryo transfer? My understanding is that embryologist will monitor the egg growth before they decide. But in my case the decision for Day 3 was made right after retrieval, which the eggs have not sufficiently grow yet? I feel a bit disappointed that it’s not Day 5 cos I read that chances of implantation is higher for Day 5 blastocyst!

I did my egg retrieval at KKH. On the day of ER, I was informed to come back on Day 3 for Embryo transfer. Does anybody know how does the doctor decide which day to do embryo transfer? My understanding is that embryologist will monitor the egg growth before they decide. But in my case the decision for Day 3 was made right after retrieval, which the eggs have not sufficiently grow yet? I feel a bit disappointed that it’s not Day 5 cos I read that chances of implantation is higher for Day 5 blastocyst!

It is not true that D5 blastocyst will contribute to bfp, mine is d5 blastocyst (with PGD somemore) still bfn in the end, some ppl transfer d3 but still bfp.

In the end is depend on the quality of ur embryos and luck also play a part too.

in yr case, it could be doctor's preference.
if u don't have alot of eggs retrieved, Day 3 may be advised too.

Thanks! I had 12 eggs retrieved so not sure if it’s considered little or not...

guess it's not high.
for my fresh, they retrieved 11 eggs , ICSI 9 and only 4 embryos developed.

I asked them why did they ICSI, done my hubby's sperm grade was fine. they said cos I don't have many eggs ...

it's the quality that matters ultimately

Back