Cup cakes for birthday

Green Muffin...hahaha ok will remember that...this morning i present this meal to my hubby ask him which one he prefer hahaha..he buay tahan and shake his head in the end he choose the egg! whahaha

dinner tonight:

With home made bread, chicken patty & mushrooms

1741198.jpg
1741199.jpg

Wow, now fondant is a hot topic lor! I have bought mashmellow already and can start to try too, hehe! Can advice what type of cake suitable for fondant? If want to make fondant on cupcake then any cake will do?

Eileen, i think basic is vanilla butter cupcake will do. choco also can. unless for bigger cakes i think cannot be those that are too soft, cos fondant can get heavy with all the stacking of figurines etc. I m going to try out my Hello kitty cake these few days...wish me luck!

Yany, where did u take the class? The baby is unique

hahahaha *cough* *cough* lim said the burger look very big but actually is only half of my plam's size... i did closed up... so it look big and the plate i used is small la... :p

Eileen...if u want to make a whole fondant cake u need to use a maderia cake recipe like wat Pink is doing..S@L is correct normal sponge cake to soft to hold the fondant..for small cupcake u can try out Sally's vanilla pound cupcake she posted few days back.

Ling...wow nice dinner! i long time din cook leh..feeling lazy and sick also..having sore throat now...

peng
Thanks! Anyone of u try maderia cake? what is the taste like? I saw pink recipe Maderia Cake need to rest for 1 day then can do deco? sorry me mountain tortise, hehe!

Hi all,
I'm new here...all yr creation look so pro and yummy..really motivate me to start baking..

Yany,
I'm interested to do cupcake with deco. Can share with me where you attend the class?

Eileen...the 1st fondant cupcake i try is maderia one, i made a almond flavour one by adding ground almond...i put into cupcases instead of baking a whole cake..is texture is denser then sponge but is still soft..u refer to pink's blog..the recipe is there :D

Hi mummies,
So excited when i chance upon this thread, as I am planning to bake my daughter's 1st birthday cake! Any recommendations where i can take fondant modelling classes? (for beginner of course; )

Pink, thank you for ur cuppies! My gal loves to eat the MMF and the buttercream! Then pass the cake portion to me to eat! Haha... need to get recipe from u to make leow!
happy.gif

Peng, u are good with the fondant! Must teach me ok?

S@L, bbgirl,
I attended the classes conducted at BIY (The bakeit yourself store). They teach you how to make the butter cupcake but the fondant is prepared and provided. We just learn to mould and decorate.

S@L,
Your fondant class sounds more interesting. Ours use a lot of Wilton products. My boys "chope" their cake and had a b'day celebration complete with blowing candle .... even tho not their b'day... hahahaha.

Peng,
Love your cupcakes! I like the egg...simple and nice
happy.gif

Janiviy,
I like your buttercream cupcake. I don't have a recipe for buttercream.... care to share?
happy.gif

yany,
BIY issit located ard bukit timah?

S@L,
I saw MC website..but it seems it's conducted during weekdays afternoon..how is it? do you recommend?

Hi, I am new to this thread. All yr cupcakes and bread look amazing. I have just started to bake this month and would really like to make a gd cupcake and also some decorating techniques. Anyone knows where to pick up those skills? I am planning to bake my son some cupcakes for his 3rd birthday.Thks.

Morning everyone !

hamster,
thks for informing us. yes i received sms from nikonet, replied her already
happy.gif

niko, congrats!

jenjen,
ai yoh ! i've tried my best to reduced the buttercream liao.... i knew kids loves it, tats why dun want to put too much... haha! MMF taste no doubt ! plus the melted chocolate !
glad they all enjoy it...
u take care ! send my hug n kisses to baby.

wow! my MMF really rolling the ball huh? hahaha!
sally, u improved alot ! i like the car..

PENG,
the egg very cute ! good job!

how to get rid from the shiny MMF?
hm.... if u hv HOT or sweaty palm, perhaps you can stop for 5mnts, let it air dry for 5mnts?

my issue is the other way round. i knead till very sian. ... no hot or warm at all. i believe i need longer time to knead compared to all of you.
sometime, i asked my maid to knead 1st, i borrow her hot palm...
happy.gif

combining MMF & wilton? why not? but i believe is abt the same... maybe slightly diff, jus slightly.

S@L,
my fondant cake? ALL using MMF.
i don't use wilton cos the smell like cardboard.
even for roses, i'm using MMF, all you need is to familiar with the texture.
u mus know what texture to do wat.. tis is important.
i'm trying my best to present a very yummy fondant cake and nice looking cake... so, i don't use wilton or other ready-use fondant.

sally,
the MMF can keep for perhaps 2 wks, room temperature without sunlight.
actually 1 mth oso no problem, will not spoil. however, it will turn hard, just need to bring it back to the right consistency.
remember the texture i've shown u all in the workshop?

yany,
OMG ! i like the baby, the butt so cute !! haha!
very well done....

babyluvspink,
u new with us? welcome to tis factinating baking thread
happy.gif

Beautiful Princess* (ling_baobao),
u can get it from sunlik. 33 seah st, next to raffles hotel.

janivy,
use wilton 2D, tis is 6 petals tips.
practice couples more time, then u'll get the rose looking liao.

Hammy_yaya !
tats my favourite ! i dun care ! when i meet you, i wanted 10 bowls of mango sago ! wa piang ! early in the morning see my favourite dessert! *slurp*

did i missed out anyone Q ? bomb it again...

CL,
AY oso told me it's maca-HOON.
however, my new macs mentor, said is: maca-RAWN.
she pick up tis pronouncation when she attended pierre herme class.

chef veron, purposely fly from usa to paris....
she is one of the 20 lucky persons who can meet pierre.
from 2000 registrations, pierre pick 20 only ! crazy hor?
my hubby asked me to register. siaw ! go paris for macs class? i rather buy a ton of almond powder and consult chef veron. hahaha!

my macs idol: Pierre herme - Picasso de la Pâtisserie
1742111.jpg

chef veron, a rose between two thorns
happy.gif

1742112.jpg

my macs, after many consultations with chef veron:
strawberry macarons with cream cheese filling.
1742113.jpg

vanilla macarons with cream cheese filling.
1742114.jpg

chocolate ganache as filling:
1742115.jpg

hope u all not sick with my macarons

hi all,
i found this thread very interesting to share our baking experience. just started baking again .... still need a lot of practice and all your advise.

R11,
hope the bday girl like the LV bag & shoe.
i wanted to make lipstic etc, but run out of time lah.... do till 3am... haha! but i really enjoy it.... baking is my passion
happy.gif

here is the closed up with the bag and shoes.
you can get this design at:
http://www.louisvuitton.com/

MARSHMALLOW fondant cake:
1742287.jpg

1742288.jpg

1742289.jpg

someone ask abt putting the fondant on cake?
juz use thin layer of b'cream will do.
1742290.jpg

1742291.jpg

thanks for viewing
happy.gif

angel baby,
thks for your kind words.

haha! paint the monograms one by one, if u look carefully, NONE of the monograms look alike.... NONE... hahaha!
send my hug n kisses to dana ! missed her joyful smile leh!

Hi pink,

The LV is fantastic. My daughter would love to have this for her birthday *hint* *hint*.

Thumbs up for you !!

wow Pink! That LV bag and shoes are AWESOME!! You are getting better and better!

OK... I will book you for my son's b'day in early Nov. He wants a Naruto cake... so go do your homework and check it out, k?
happy.gif
Here's a preview....
1742515.jpg

Pink,
You should conduct a Macaron class? I would attend! Your's look so good.... I am salivating!

bbgirl,
Yes, BIY is at Bt. Timah
happy.gif

peng, hehehe i can wear up to size 8 if the cutting is small... so no differ la... 5.5 is the smallest shoes size i can go... my elder sis is only size 3 or 4 wor...

Pink,
WOW! My size is 8. My share is bigger loh. : > Dont think I want to "eat" your shoe! Looks too real!

Macarons! Pink can have a class? They all looks so pretty!

wow! Once again, so much nice fruits!

Ling, I'm surprised that you are not married because you kept mentioning that you are cooking for hb.. CONGRATS ya..

Pink, the LV is really nice nice.. i'm a fan of LV!! Can i order a bag from u also?

Hi all,

Pls HELP!!!!Need advice here.According to Straits Time Phoon Huat's butter also cant use right?

But b4 this incidents I just buy 5 blocks.
Do u think can I go back to change other thing?

Back