Cup cakes for birthday

Van, Eileen, fatmum n auguestmum,

Pu Shi xin....I tried kueh bangkit again just now n follow all the advices your all gave....success ! really thanks all of u ya...
happy.gif

1216104.jpg

1216105.jpg

mamamya: nope... i didn't order... but really heart and hand itchy leh... *scratchy scratchy*

mdl: wah seh.. xim tia!!!

cookie/apple: yeah... akira got stainless steel... very cheap... not pro lah... but can bake cake and cookies and things lor...
happy.gif

vanessa: kurt... sounds good leh... 100+ only... hmm... somemore industrial kind... *sigh*... if only i shopped at courts!!!
happy.gif

ppp: congrats!!! i wish i would have the kueh bang kit luck too when i make it ... sometime next week... thinking of flour flying all over... a bit scare sia!!!

now i'm waiting for my cake to be done... erupt like volcano on top... somemore split!!! hahahahaha (chocolate chiffon cake)

<font color="ff0000">mummies</font> actually whats the logic for inverting chiffon cake while cooling it huh? ... other kinds of cake dun need wor...

cookiepie: yeah... something like that.. model is HM-281BSS ... very recently... at carrefour... that time they had this promo... every S$100, get S$8 off... so priced at S$108... discounted liow become S$100.

mama mya / Peng: Wat receipe u use for the silicon mould? Can share? We cant use chiffon / sponge receipe rite?

Btw wats the diff between chiffon &amp; sponge?

Forever Friends,
Styrofoam can get from Popolar.

Vanessa,
Thank you for your kind compliment indeed.
You baked lovely spread too..
Love everyone of them.

Sweetie_hamster,
Thank you for sharing your Crunchy Sugi Cookies.
Would love to try once got the ingredients in hand.

Mama to 5Js,
Love your Kitchen Aid mixer..
Empire Red, whoosh!! Like Ferrari Red..
Waiting for the good bargain, retail price too steep at $899 (Tangs basement selling).

Chrilee,
Wow, you got great bargain when bought sometime back.
That was really a steal!

Maya,
Mayer the distributor in Singapore have Kitchen Aid selling sometimes at promo price.
Have to look out for their good bargain then wise to buy.
US Kitchen Aid voltage is different as only 110v, while Singapore is 220-250v.
If buy from US directly, you got to buy a transformer for the conversion of Voltage in order to be used in Sin yet guarantee is diffult..

Hwee,
Pls keep me on the loop in buying the disney cutters should you are going to Japan ya.
Thanks a lot!

Eileen,
Nice bakes of zebra eggwhite cupcakes.

Mama mya,
Cute designs tried out on your banana cake recipe.
I also bought those silicon bakeware from the previous spree.
Received 4 items but still waiting for one more item. Hopefully to collect it soon..
Agreed quite ex, shipping charges also high, coming to the same price of an item.

Peng,
The heart shape cake is very nice.
I have yet to try out mine.

Cookiepie,
Great bargain for the Akira mixer with stainless steel bowl.

PPP,
You baked well the kuih bangkit.
Love the smilling star shaped design.
Mind to share, where you get the mould from?

good morn bakers!

JJ
yah i truly looove my kitchenaid. it was my xmas gift last yr. with a mixer like that u feel u can bake any cakes of the world!

ppp
congrats! u made it! and what a cute starry bangkit smiling at u!

errh.. sorry this may have been posted and missed out by me. anyone has an idiot proof pineapple tart recipe for me? thanks a zillion!

Agree with all that the akira mixer looks good but got to confirm the price again with Catika.

CatiKa,
Just to clarify: does the akira stainless steel mixer cost $39 or $108 hah? Did you get it from the suntec or plaza sing carrefour?

Catika,
my Krup $100+ one is hand held type wor, not like the Kenwood Chef, maybe the $200-$300 range one is those type.

ppp,
very nice bangkit. Congratulation on ur success.
happy.gif

jj, lets share the cutter. I have put up my name and if BP went thru, will pass 2 cutter to you
happy.gif

ppp, your bangkit looks good. I have yet to try, keep thinking of the flour flying around when fry, really put me off. So you follow strictly to the recipe, right?

Maya
I saw that you have not posted so I will post and we share then

Cookie Monster Cutter
1.syeda 1
2.mama to 5Js 1
3.jj (jjsan) 1
4.spicegal 1
5.Fatmum 1
6. chrilee 1
7. Eron 1
8. Shers 1
9. Maya + Chic lil 1

Hi Syeda, I will be sharing with jj.

Cookie Monster Cutter
1.syeda 1
2.mama to 5Js 1
3.jj (jjsan)+ Eron 1
4.spicegal 1
5.Fatmum 1
6. chrilee 1
7. Shers 1
8. Maya + Chic lil 1

ppp, your star bangkits look very nice. Can share your recipe?

jj, I also think that I got good prices for my Kitchenaid mixer. As compare to current price, it really expensive.

Sweetie_hamster,
Thanks you for sharing your Crunchy Sugi Cookies.
I have tried baking this with my hubby yesterday night.

We baked about 3 trays plus. One tray about 25 cookies. First two trays fail. Chao ta.
Third and Forth trays still ok. Third trays seem most sucessfully.
Will describe more when my hubby get me the send my the third tray picture.

Need to start work now.

Good morning mummies!

Catika,

Try to sieve the flour in the basin to avoid the flour frying all over the place. n Augustmum teach me to bake the flour 130c for 20min instead of fry, more easier! My first time failure is because my coconut milk cook till less then 100ml so try to cooked n cool it then measure.
happy.gif

jj,

MY star mould bought from Daiso like Van one n I use toothpick to poke eye n mouth...actually Daiso have 1 set 'star' n 'love' plastic mould consist of 6 from small to big. more worth....I bought that also but last night lazy to take them out to try....

shook,

After baking, I washed n cleaned till 12am leh....

mama to 5j,

Thanks.
happy.gif
I told myself if last night fail again I don't want to bake kueh bangkit liao...hehe...luckily success..so tonight wanna to make again.
happy.gif
this time for my mum...

Btw mummies, my mum got diabetes, so how much sugar I can reduce to make it not so sweet for her....pity her, can't eat too much CNY cookies....

Eron,

Yes, mix the wet ingredient for about 8-10mins n fold in flour slowly...fold well before next addition....got all these advices from mummies here.....Thanks mummies without u all, my kueh bangkit won't be nice to eat..hehe...

Chrilee,

I use van's recipe:

Kueh Bangkit Recipe:

300g Tapioca flour (weigh after fried)
30g Sago flour (Weigh after fried)

100ml Coconut Milk
A pinch of salt
3 egg yolks
130g Icing Sugar

Method:
1) Boil coconut milk and salt for a while and let it cool.
2) Sieved Tapioca Flour &amp; Sago flour together
3) Mix coconut milk, icing sugar and egg yolks
4) Add into flour mixture slowly, make into dough, roll flat and cut with cutter
5) Bake at 150 Deg C for 25 mins

Wow, this thread indeed moves very fasy.

Re: KitchenAid mixer
PH selling at $899 is not cheap. Now Mayer selling at $789. But i agree, if get from USA, very cheap. I have checked Amazon, their Artisan model only selling at US$199. After converting to Sin$, still very cheap. But i dunno if KitchenAid is good for dough. If u read on the website, there are people who fedback that the machine will burn out or the whole machine will move at high speed. There are some who share that their machine fell off from the kitchen top.

I'm also looking at the new Kenwoood Pattisier (sp) mixer. Now retailing at Carrefour at $499 (i think)... Dunno if it is as good as the Kenwood Chef.

ppp
yr kueh bangkit very well done! U really very hardworking n bake till so late. I have reduced the sugar to 110g as my mum don't like too sweet.

Chrilee,
nice try but temp is diff for diff oven so need to control accordingly. for me, i will look into the oven and if find it too dark color will quickly reduce the temp..hee hee... but then my still too dark for sugi...hee hee..but as long as taste nice can already.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi Syeda,

Cookie Monster Cutter
1.syeda 1
2.mama to 5Js 1
3.jj (jjsan)+ Eron 1
4.spicegal 1
5.Fatmum 1
6. chrilee 1
7. Shers 1
8. Maya + Chic lil 1
9. mdl

CatiKa,
Ya,,real xim tia, almost BANG my head against the wall when i rec'd the shipping charge bill.

ppp,
chk with u, after bake the flour will the flour reduce in volume? Dun need to use mixer to mix rite? can just use whish or spoon?

Fellow mummies,
Understand ghee originates from goats. Is there any 'strong goat goat' smell (like the mutton smell) when we use it on cookies? I am scared of the mutton smell, you see.

hammie,
Ok, u let me know on tuesday morning lor, me monday on leave.

Got so many easy cookies to try but no time + lazy + no easy access of oven. Lots of excuse. Target, bake next year.... hope this thread can goes on till next year. hahaha....

ice_lim,
fresh coconut milk tastes better. ntuc has nicely sealed ones at the freezer section where they put the perishables like noodles etc. Can keep for a few days.

b2b3m4
wah online so cheap? yah i face that with my kitchenaid too. when i mix at high speed the whole thing vibrate like there is a mini earthquake! hehe... otherwise its still v good to me.

cookiepie,
Really? ntuc got huh, ok tmr go look for it. Thks!

Till now i still cant find the shrimp floss at ntuc leh... only saw pork, chicken, fish , seaweed 1 leh. I go to Bt timah ntuc basement section. If still cant find den will just use pork floss liao but b4 i shi xin in finding.

Hi Chicken Little, thanks for putting in the name. Just log in.

Hi jjsan, thank you for the comments on KA. Didn't know got difference in voltage and stuff. So I will probably have to sit and wait till old for the price to drop.....hehehehe
Or hope to kena lottery to buy. Very ex leh, even with discount. Sigh......

1216694.gif

ice_lim,
I had a hard time looking for the prawn floss too at tanjong pg ntuc. It is usually placed near the condiments section, where the soya sauce and cooking sauces like chng's , singlong etc are.

Hi all mummies, I have 2 shop and save Jan sticker. Anybody want? Btw, not sure what is it use for also. Hehe..

Catika, ice_lim, pink said she can't make it next week for Catika's house excursion. So wait until school holiday or next time when Catika's son got morning session bah..

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader all this while, drooling over all the delicious bakes you guys have made. And now I have something to contribute finally after many attempts at unsuccessful baking. Made a batch of walnut brownies yesterday, it doesn't look terribly exciting but was delicious (in my opinion at least). Was too wet in the middle, probably cos I didn't spread it evenly in the tray, but was quite rich and chocolately and yummy anyways.

cookiepie,
Me was looking for the floss at this section leh only found other type of floss instead of shrimp leh.

niko,
oh ok lor. den we got to wait till holiday liao lor..

Tomorrow I'm might be going to Giant. I can go see see whether they are selling the chilli shrimp floss. Anyone want me to help you buy?

Van,
oh shop&amp;save oso have huh. Me v seldom go s&amp;s so din know there oso have.

Dearie,
ok thk! will go both side to c.

<font color="ff0000">PENG,ERON, J's MUM,
Please help me to finalise the total PEACH and SHOU mould. I lost the list. I will go buy the balance this wkend and hope that I will not missed out any.

PENG,
Bought yours but I think I missed out 1 PEACH. Can confirm again?

Sorry for the trouble. PLEASE EMAIL ME at [email protected]</font>

apple
I will put tigger and pooh for you. Then I will pass to hwee. Hwee oso stays CCK but she will pass to Pink who is in the east. YOu get it from Pink the

Back