Cup cakes for birthday

Hi CL, can you please let me know which retail shop did your colleague buy the cookie cutters from Japan? I walked all over Shinjuku and Tokyo and couldn't find them at all when I was there last year
sad.gif
Thank you so much!!!!

Something to contribute to this thread after long didn't logging in..

Self-made cupcake stand..
Still to improve..
Lots of work and fine details..
Using cake base lined with styrofoam to have a thicker border to line with ribbons.
3 tiers using 3 different size of cake base (don't know why in pic the tiers seems like using all same size cake base..)

1212978.jpg
1212979.jpg

jjsan
very nice packaging leh. So cute.

annelise
It is at Tokyu hands at Shinjuku where the big Takashimaya is leh. Tokyu hands has another outlet at shibuya, it is building on its own.

Hey, jj, your packaging very nice ler. How you define "personalised"? You printed the box yourself and fold it? Any unfold pic? Hehe, want to learn ler, mind to share.

hi jj, no problem. let me know how to get the cutter to you.
happy.gif

your 'fruits' are so pro now!
happy.gif
are the boxes printed by you?

other ladies, since jj is the first to ask, i'll close my Q now. there are others who are offering their pooh cutters too. quick go check!
happy.gif

Hi CL, I must've missed it!!!! I was at Tokyu Hands Shinjuku the whole morning! If you do organise anymore sprees, count me in ya? Thanks!

Hi jj, your cupcakes are very nice
happy.gif

Chicken Little,
Thank you..
Do keep me on the loop should organising the Disney Cutter again..
Pls remember me ya..
Xie Xie!!

Frisocream, Xiau Ling, Apple, Hwee and Annelise
Thanks for the kind words.

For the box, I bought readymade boxes from PH, cut the window and have it decorated with border and ribbons.
Personalised in a sense that I print out from PC the baby icon and small note with baby name attached. Glued it to the box side.

Hwee,
"BIG THANK YOU" TO YOU for selling me the Pooh Cutter..
Appreciate it so much..
I will pm you my info and pls advise on your a/c to transfer ya..
Thanks again!

jj, me cannot receive pm cos my office cannot access my yahoo mail. and i haven't installed my broadband at home yet. so i'll pm you my contact number.
happy.gif

Hi all
Finally finish baking kuih bangkit, this is the 2nd batch. So tiring, I don't eat it, baked it for my hubby, mum & aunty.

Hi Van
Thanks for your recipe. My mum said very nice!
1213359.jpg

Now my fridge got a lot of egg white, any suggestion to do with it? I think I saw someone making egg white cake? May I know the recipe?

Van, about kueh bangkit,I heard someone mentioning that if fry the flour, it will fly around and whole kitchen become very powdery...is it true? Can take a pix of your mould? Thank you much much huh.....

Eileen, well done on the keuh bangkit..feel like eating it liao...

jj, thats a lot of work on the gift box and the cuppies so cute...i like the pram...

fatmum, can share the oat & raisins cookie recipe? looks good....yum yum.
kao_drool.gif

cl,

oh i got it... it's okie then. shall wait till my turn comes. Thanks
happy.gif

Fellow bakers,

do you know where we could get stainless steel bakewares? Besides sunlik, phoon huat and biy, what are baking suppliers are there?

niko...is not peanut cookies...actually i also dunno what is it..just saw the recipe in one of the book so i try lor. Ya...quickly login after receiving ur sms..hee hee..

sweetie_hamster
Ghee is fm goat, butter is fm cow. I m not sure but I dun think u can replace butter wif gheee n vice versa as ea has it's own taste n fragance

b2b3m4
Hihi!
OMG, I keep double boiling choc till I finish coating. So tis is not right huh

fatmum
yum yum pineapple tarts
Can the eggless cake b made as cuppies?
U may like to try those shops @ Joo Chiat for baking wear

3rascals
U n your hubby v can. Thumbs up
Wow making for wedding set, how many box u gonna make?

jj
nice cake stand n bb shower gift box. U sure r creative n artistic
Where do u get the separator for the cuppies?
Beautiful bb shower cuppies design. U selling?

Eileen
Steam egg white wif prawns or make agar agar or use to make face mask

Sweetie_hamster, Eileen, fatmum
I missed baking CNY cookies.
sad.gif

Shook,
thanks for answering my qns...Ghee smell nice, just like butter. so i want to check if can replace for butter...hee hee still have some left so want to try something else.
happy.gif

Why u miss baking CNY cookies? can still bake right? want me to email u my recipe? hee hee

hammie, login during nite time lar. Now my girl is watch tv, i "ke ke" sit beside her accompany her watching but keep refreshing this page see who is posting.. Hehe.. Keep me accompany ler..

I was busy the whole day, with these "fruits":
1213649.jpg

1213650.jpg
1213651.jpg

Eron,
Yup, it will fly all over the kitchen and make your kitchen very powdery, so I only does it once in a year :p As for the mould, I find mine quite big lah, can get from Daiso. Here's the pix:
1213652.jpg

Hi Eileen,

U r welcome, glad that you and your family had enjoyed the receipe.

As for egg whites, I use it for my egg white cake and some as "glue" for my mini crackers.

Hi Van
Nice fruits! Can share yr egg white cake recipe? I have 6 egg whites in my fridge now, don't know what to do with it.

jj
wow! v nice! n the packaging is so pretty too!

syena
elmo cutter? i want! let me know if u havg a BP, thanks!

van
wah u forever so hardworking! u know what time daiso open?

mama to 5Js
if more people will show interest then i will arrange one but if only 3-4 people wan then not worth it

wa seh... finally got chance to log in ... phew... lots to read and catch up...

<font color="ff0000">pink</font> ask u 3x liow... *sigh* ... :p ... how long can the buttercream be kept in fridge huh? ... they are stored in air-tight box.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">CL</font> thanks for the effort... i'm #15... lost hope liow... hahahahha... next time can help me order those characters? thankew...
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">niko and hammie</font> mizz me or not??? hehehehehe... niko... i'll tt the $ later after posting... check ur account hor! ;)

<font color="ff0000">vanessa</font> can i fry the flours and then use after cooling? ... thanks...
happy.gif
and what kind of heat should I use? ...

hmm... <font color="ff0000">pink</font> i still failed in my doughnut!!! argh... 8 times liow!!! huat huat huat arh! dunno what went wrong leh... *sob* *sob*

my cuppies are selling (i mean consumed) like hotcakes... why can't i do doughnuts?!?!? *pek chek liow* :p

Eileen/Vanessa, your baking makes me drool....Was pondering whether shd make pineapple tarts this year or not, Coz the idea of cooking the pineapple jam i already sian halfway. But seeing you guys so hardworking, I a bit hand itching leh....
happy.gif

Nikonnet, you very sian huh...keke....noticed you always logged in at night very late. Me at this hour usually half dead liao...

mama to 5Js..er.... tat one is cookies monster not elmo right?
C is for cookies, the cookies not for me
cookies cookies cookies start with CCCCC.....

I oso don;t know how come sunday like top form leh can bake 3 things continuously.....but the oat &amp; raisin was really a last minute decision. Anyway the baking &amp; preparation for the oat cookies is only 20 mins so pretty fast.

Syeda, so the price is for a pair or one? Actually I'm keen too if theres a BP! Got other characters?

cookiepie, I used the dark tray but layered with the silicone paper bought frm PH so no need to grease with oil. U also using Techno right? I used the upper slot to bake scared the bottom get chao ta again at the base.

Eron. Sure sure the recipe is here:

Self raising flour 180gm ( sieved the flour)
veg oil 100ml
an egg
fine sugar 80gm ( I reduce it to 40gm since I don;t like it to be too sweet plus I have raisin &amp; choco rice added. The original did not add raisin &amp; the choco rice)
a cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup raisin (pre soaked 20mins in water &amp; drained off excess water)
handful of chocolate rice

Method
(1)In a mixing bowl, add sugar, oil &amp; egg &amp; mixed
(2)Add the flour, oats, raisins &amp; choco rice into (1) till they are properly mixed
(3) Baked @ 180C for 10-15 mins or till turn brown. Cool on tray and keep in air tight container.

Xiauling: I have problem with the techno oven esp the bottom slot. Find its too near to the bottom heater leh. so get chaota easily. So u still baked mostly using this slot? Got same problem like mine? Ur son birthday coming right? Must be busy preparing. So u have decided to bake cup cakes for him?

Vanessa I like ur pineapple tart very 'bao mun'. I intend to do one more round with the balance of the pineapple filling. U got any idea how to make it softer? I oso bought tat cutter but its meant for cutting the carrot used in cham chye.

JJsan, thanks for the link to the cuppies stand. And wow.....ur cuppies very pro indeed.

Back