Cup cakes for birthday

Cat, FM,
this morning I took another look and is one of it the "if he is naughty, feed it to the ducks"? If it is, wah! good leh!

kendy,
Thank you in advance!

Keng... since it's already detached... letz just flushed it down the toilet bowl... no need go find duck liow! hahahahaha...

"dun trouble trouble until trouble troubles you!"

Peng,

here is the pic of the cut strwberry marble cake.. inside is moist.... the top is so red so i nvr do the swirl pattern...

3995279.jpg

jandew,

when u open spree for cakediy... wan to get silicon mould leh...

Mone,

fry A1 INSTANT SAUCE - CHICKEN CURRY ..or any other brand of curry paste... then add in cut red onion .. then potato .. meat...then add coconut milk or evaporated milk.... and some water then close the cover n let it cook ....

maggie ,

u so kiasu..ur kids so young nia.. but u ask the rite person leh... i was serving SAF for the past 10 yrs...i was wearing Green... hahah ur sons will b in good hands of their...kekek... the cookhse food sucks lor.... ur boy wont enjoy it wan...kekekek

i juz got 2 baking book from taiwan, can't help but keep reading at them day & nite, hehee... really luv their books... btw, i saw one basic chocolate sponge cake recipe calls for 350g of egg ler... mean abt 7 eggs rite? anyone of u tried making sponge cake using 7 eggs before? dun u think it's too much for juz a 6" pan? dunno got printing error or not...

keng,
thanks... no special technique laa, i juz anyhow create the swirl
happy.gif

Mother of princess : Thanks you! Will try it out. Usually how much coconut milk or evaporated milk and onion do i need to add?

Jess: I think it's a bit too much. I usually use between 2-4 eggs depending on pan size.

Cat,
hahaha...rite!! *focus* *focus* hmmmm i must not be distracted and mould something else..doing some baby stuff toppers now.

Mrs Teng,

for your butter cake, if to halve the recipe, meaning just halve every ingredients?
If that's the case, can bake in 7" tin or 8" will be better?

How about the timing?

Thanks in advance.

Mother of 3 Princess,
Cookies look good. What type of oatmeal do you use? Are these the chewy or crunchy type of cookies?

mone,
yalor, too many eggs already... actually tat book got few recipe for different flavour sponge cake but only the choc & the vanilla one are using more than 4 eggs for only 6" pan... weird!

PENG,
i bought 65C 汤种面包, lot of nice bread ler, but actually hor i prefer baking cake than bread coz bread takes longer time... hate the waiting time, haha!
btw, i tried making bread twice b4 using 汤种 but not really soft, my bread always turn out better & softer w/o using the 汤种 method, dunno why? hehee...

Jess
the strawberry shortcake I make needs 5 big egg yolk and 3 big eggs, total 285g and the cake is very soft and nice.

FM, Wah...Seeing RG's rubbing the shuo tao make you feel high already?? Hahaha...Well done man..I like it...Hehehe...

Mother of 3 Princess I wanted to go in police line but now dont know can a not... my dream.... haha..

I am in the making of goddess(gunying)fondant... to cool down.. me so upset..

Heeheeee....soli ah.....pic too gross
embarrassed.gif
got all this idea from the net.

Jess
the amt of egg for 6' cake is really alot. Perhaps u can email the publisher and check with them.

I got the Yovnne C 65 book too. Love it. Another one bread book you can have is 孟老师一百道面包. Worth buying.

Eron
can;t help but to laugh when u mentioned RG.Rub rub.....

fatmum... ... putting STARS at vital points and moulding an INNOCENT looking winnie the pooh doesn't atone for your lustful 'crime'.... hahahahahahahaha....

VERY VERY NICE!!! I LIKE!!! hahahahahaha...

Fatmum haha u make it look even worse with stars... make u look bad girl hoh... hehe

but its very nice I like.. thumbs up...

mother of 3 princess I upset- my hubby bang barrier of a condo which still can work but the management staff insist my hb pay them a new one when still can fix(cheaper mah)... so Naturally upset when I can take that kind of money get myself a KA mixer...

Hi Ladies

Need more advice on fondant.

Do I need to put the cake in the fridge to chill after buttercream frosting (to firm up) before laying the fondant? I am trying this cake first time and scared that the fondant will sweat/ melt.

If there are some buttercream decoration along with the fondant, will it melt or turn bad if I leave the cake outside the fridge. The cake will be served during after dinner next day. Don't want to "poison" anyone, haha!

Hi Mrs Teng,
May I check with you how was the Ariston 90.3 Maxi Oven that you own? Does it take longer to preheat oven and the oven gives even browning on cakes? Cos I just ordered the oven and could not find much reviews on this oven.
Thanks..

Mother of 3 princess, can you share with us/me the recipe for the oatmeal/raisin cookie? ... i have a bag of nestum oats and cornflakes... need to do something with them... thanks.
happy.gif

cat
哈哈哈。。。这样也给你抓到了!

MH
no bad girl la...bad aunty
happy.gif

Mrs Teng
my next project is to try molding her friends....but dont knw when lah hahah....i still have problem with the fondant sweating in room temp despite adding tex into it
sad.gif

sabby
my instructor told me NOT to put in the fridge else it will develope moisture when u cover the fondant. Her buttercream is based on wilton recipe which I find can dry up quite fast.

cat,
am tempted to get the mixer from the lady.. but dunno is it a gd idea to get a 2nd hand, since it's so ex.. hvn't sms her for details, not sure if still under warranty.

cat,

for you

Ingredients
180g Self Raising Flour
125ml Sunflower Oil(Naturel brand)
80g castor sugar
1 egg(beaten)
1 cup of Rolled Oats

Method
1. Add the oil, sugar, egg together to mix.
2. Add sifted flour, oats and stir till well mixed.
3. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to form balls and place on cookie tray.
4. Bake in preheated oven of 180C for 10 to 15 mins or until golden brown.
5. Remove to cool completely on wire rack before storing in air tight containers

cornflajes makes cookies also nice... my gals like it crunchy...

I now no money to buy.. I even told her put here to let other mummy view lei.. she say ok also.. went missing also...

Yew Tee mum ask u for ur hp no so many times u dont want to give me... Just now go Giant left with 4 chiffon tins lei... so never buy (someone else viewing too) by the way next month.... DAISO new 6th store at BT Panjang...

Back