Cooking Tips & Recipe

krisjoy, u just dun want to go under the sun right? haha! sure we can think of something
happy.gif

twinkle-starry, yeah where r u ? dun worry u can join us next time.

Lyn, it's ok with us.

Btw we have 3 families going for picnic tomorrow.
Lyn, cookiesmonter & little cat.

Imagine this scene, cookies monster having pinic with a cat and admiring the sunflower... interesting!! haha!

Krisjoy & Furryfurry - the mee pok i actually bought it at Shop n Save - it comes with the sauce and the mee pok packed seperately..forgot to take a pic of the brand though..it is being placed in the section with the wanton wrappers, tofu etc..then i just add in the rest of the ingredients which i want with the mee pok
happy.gif

Hi Sunflower,
I will try and post some recipes when I have more time (paiseh).

Mee pok, I usualy buy the Fortune Brand (Hong1 Yun4). Its easy to cook. Just put in when the water is boiling and 3/4mins later scope and bath in cold water and then steep in the hot water for a while, drain and stir in the sauce. As for the sauce its up to individual, for my case I put sesame oil, ketchup, chili paste and some soy sauce (sometimes vegetarian oyster sauce). There's another version which they put the black vinegar and chili and oyster sauce, and a version without ketchup is they replace it with dark soy sauce. Since you all eat small red onion (all of a sudden cannnot recall the name...)you all can put that and the oil. Garnishing - is up to you!

hi gals,
Thanks for all the previous encouragement on my bf problems and for sharing your experiences.
Really useful cos I adopted some of your methods...
The picnic sounds like fun... enjoy yourselves!

cookiemonster,
Thanks for the PM!
happy.gif
I just don't have time to reply cos need to attend to baby all the time. Even though me and MIl got differences, I still appreciate her lots for helping me out by staying with me, else I don't know how I'm even going to go toilet in peace!

Update on my bf:
I've managed to cut out most of the FM that TMC recommend I supplement. Now bb is only on 1 FM per day which is the last feed before she sleeps at night.
This morning she gave me a big scare cos milk came out of her nose when I was nursing her in the lying down position!
I've got a "windy" baby who belches and farts a lot, so she's always crying cos she's uncomfortable. Thinking of buying a sling to carry her around to comfort her!

Nancy,
My PD gave me ridwind - it's not bad... after taking it, she will fart thru the night.
Are the 2 that you mention better?

LittleCat,

Your suggestions very hardcore leh.I am thinking along the lines of potluck gathering at someone's house or having dinner/coffee at an air-conditioned place.
biggrin.gif

Littlecat, zzzcookie, annelise,
Nice meeting you and family
happy.gif
I have downloaded the photos to my laptop already, but how to send to you gals?
hee... my boy got a bit "chao ta" already. His arms red red when I showered him. After we reached home, after his afternoon nap, we went for a swim
happy.gif

Lyn, cookiemonster & annelise,
Nice meeting you guys !We really enjoyed the picnic!
My baby was so tired, after bathing & milk, he sleep for close to 4 hours.
But the elder one still so energetic only sleep around 4pm, sigh...

twinkle-starry, u so lucky, Sop sure envy u :D

Ambrosial, hehe, that's good idea. or we can go somewhere for hi-tea etc...

Lyn, you can upload to yahoo group or any online photo album so we can view it, or just send it to my email account i can upload.

Littlecat & Lyn & Annelise,
Nice meeting u guys together with the families.
Its nice to see the children and babies playing together.
happy.gif

Was telling littlecat, there's difference to boy and girls.
Littlecat's ds1 very independent playing himself, exploring etc.
Annelise's dd are so 'tie xin' always handling daddy's and mummy's hands. So sweet.
Lynn, yr ds always very happy baby and very active. Hee.. nice to play with. Maybe u can send us the photos or download into yahoo?
I also become 'char tar' oredi. Now the skin ard the shoulders are peeling.
Thanks Annelise for bringing the HK and disney things all the way fm japan. They are very cute. ;)
I will download the photos into yahoo, but think will only be able to do so next Monday. Cos left the camera cable at my place and weekdays I am at my in law's place.

Hi everyone, yeah it was nice meeting up with lyn, littlecat and cookiemonster and their families! Lyn, you can try to upload the pics to our Yahoo group. Wah, you're really energetic, after a nap still can go for a swim! Cookiemonster, glad you like the things! Your bb is very nice to cuddle! LittleCat, Mr Bean's movie was really enjoyable! Your ds1 is a big fan, ya? He's sure to enjoy the movie!

Choc sends her regards to everyone! She's really busy with the kids and wants me to tell all of you that she misses coming to the forum to chit-chat!

Sop, have you tried giving gripe water? I find it very useful and I drink it myself whenever my tummy doesn't feel good and I must say it works quite well! Good that you've managed to cut down to just one fm feed a day - that's a fantastic progress!

twinkle-starry, you've been really busy travelling lately! How long will you be away?

Hi Krisjoy, thanks! The trip was enjoyable but the plane ride was a little too long for the girls. Any new pics of your bb to share?

hi gals!
Wow, you gals met up at Botanic Gardens... so nice!
I'm pretty much stuck at home with a baby who doesn't wanna sleep. Her wind is better, but she doesn't wanna sleep.
Last night latch on from 830pm till midnight!
If my mum sees that, sure say I got not enough milk and ask me to supplement lah... and I'll be going to stay with her for 3 weeks starting this Sunday
sad.gif

So have to be very strong and determined to tell her NO to formula.
My baby's not wanting to sleep is so bad that I am now carrying her in a Snugli carrier in my home! And she just fel asleep *sigh*

annelise,
Yep, I got a bottle of Gripe water at home... I give that as a maintenance, but cos last few days it was bad, PD gave Ridwind which he says is better.
I've just cut out that one last FM... now on TBF again
happy.gif

twinkle,
Yeah, I envy you leh... I'm already wondering when I can take my baby travelling.

Sophie, Cat_tail, Lani, Krisjoy and other pet owners

Have you heard about the pet food recall?Some of the wet and dry food manufactured by Menu Foods for IAMS, Science Diet etc etc brands are contaminated with rat poison.We can never too sure that the ones on S'pore shelves are completely safe.

ALSO

Extracted from another forum....
In general the stuff you should avoid in cat food is corn, wheat, meal, by products. The ingredients are written in order of % content. So the kind of thing you would like to see at the top of the list is ingredients like "real turkey" , "chicken" or stuff like that. Sea salt is much better than regular salt.

The food companies(IAMS, SD etc) pay the vets to stock them,and a lot of nutrition talks in vet schools are by these food companies.

I've dumped my Science Diet Ocean Fish and switched to Royal Canin Skincare 33.Some of the premium brands to switch to are Nature's Variety (raw instinct), Royal Canin Skincare, Innova Evo, Serengeti, Artemis, Acana.

littlecat, cookiemonster, annelise,
Do you all mind if I put the photos in my blog? Then you all can see the pictures from there? Sorry, I did not manage to capture all the kids.
Littlecat, I did not capture any picture of your DS1
sad.gif
cookiemonster, I took quite a number of pictures of your DS
happy.gif
He's the only one who can sit still for photo taking. kekeke...
I hope next time can go somewhere he can creep everywhere he likes. Or maybe I gotta be put away the fear of him being dirty :p I am scared he will taste the mud on his hand.
How about East Coast Park next time?

annelise,
My ds has lots of energy. If keep him at home, he will fuss around, we also cannot rest, so might as well bring him for a swim, then pray he will sleep after the swim.. hahaha...

sophie,
Do you believe in carrying baby whenever baby want or need to be carried? I do believe in that though. When my ds was about 1 month plus, there was a stage when he wanted to be carried almost the whole day, and we carried the whole day. I even carried him in a sling to do housework or cook my meals. After a week or so, he did not need to be carried all day long already.
I find that for breastfeeding, gotta really persevere. During the so called "growth spurt", I was latching on hourly. If I were to see a doctor or LC then, perhaps I will be told to supplement, cos baby latching on too often is a hungry baby to most of them
happy.gif
But I pressed on to latch on although it was painful. After 2-3 days of latching on, milk will come in. So try to persevere on if you are determined to total breastfeed
happy.gif
I am sure you will. Jia you...

Lyn, can you put them in Yahoo group photo like what Annelise suggest?

We are not ready to face the huge crowd yet leh ...keke!

Annelise glad to hear u guys enjoy the movie!
My hb dun really like him watching too much Mr Bean.. cos he like to mimic his expression...

Say 'Hi' to choc for me, tell her we miss her here and we miss all the 'hum' talk! :D

lynn,
littlecat's ds1 very independent playing himself so u got no chance to take photos of him.
hahaha.. my little monster very engrossed with the food, so will be able to kuai kuai sit there waiting for chance to grab the food. And also there's 2 pretty jies jies (annelise's dd) to entertain him, he very happy.
sure, we can do picnic at beach, bbq+swimming at littlecat or yr place, potluck at someone's house, makan session at aircon place. heee.... many choices.
sorry, but can i opt not to have our photos on yr blog. cos we very camera shy and worried that my colleagues will know i am yakking in the forum.

Choc, we miss yakking with u and do come in to chit chat as and when u can afford to steal some 'time-off' fm the children okie. ;)

Sophie,

soon u will be lah. i also din realise how fast my boy grow. I m planning my vacation in July with them. Hope the work schedule permits lor and i m dying for a holiday.

Annelise,
I try to be away for a wk and then back to see him. I tld my boss each trip is a wk. if they want me to be there a mth , too bad i hv to be back after a wk. i m looking around now want a non travel job. The impact it has on my son is terrible leh

Hey gals, I think the mothers enjoy more than the kids leh. THe mommies look so happy and the kids kind of busy...

thanks Lyn!
how you train aloysius to be so active ?

zzzcookiemonster
may be is due to first child, not everytime got people play with him, so he got to find way to entertain himself..

twinkle, know how u feel...
how about going for a short trip to malaysia?
We will be going to malaysia next week.
First 'oversea' trip for my baby :D

nancy, hehe it is the mothers gathering mah... but i am glad the HBs also can get along well...

Hi lyn, thanks for taking the pics and uploading them. The pics are nice, bright and colorful!

Hi LittleCat, which part of msia are you gg? I'm thinking of bringing e kids to penang in june - I miss eating my dragonball tau sar piah!

Hi furry, sorry missed your earlier post. Thanks, I like collecting cute kitchen/ bakeware. Diff to find in sg and usu quite ex, so I always make it a pt to look out for them when I'm overseas.

Hi annlee, haven't "seen" you lately - busy with the boys?

Hi twinkle, can request for internal trfr to another dept where you won't need to travel so often? You must miss your bb very much when you're away.

Hi ambrosial, thanks for the pet food warning. I used to give my maltese IAMS but he prefers eating the food tt we eat, so he eats homecooked food nowadays. Btw, I bought a HK bento making book in Tokyo. Will post pics of my creations when I find the time to experiment!

739751.jpg

nancy,
kekeke... It was a very enjoyable picnic
happy.gif
The kids are busy exploring their new surroundings perhaps. My boy keep wanting to pluck the grass, but not successful though. hahaha.. If successful, I think he gonna eat the grass already.

littlecat,
The most important for kids is balanced nutrition. The key period is birth to 3 years old. Not enough nutrients will cause inactive babies. And I give him lots of opportunity to explore on his own. When he's happy on the floor, I will let him go everywhere he likes, and just follow him.
I dunno if your maid will carry your boy very often. When I bring Aloysius to the playground, I noticed that most babies are either carried by the maids, or confined to the stroller or push car. The kids are not allowed to play on their own. They will get dirty, and not easy to clean after playing in the playground, but it's very important for their motor skills development. My dad met a 12 months old baby who cannot stand properly yet, and the maid keep carrying the baby. hee... I been brainwashed by Glen Doman's books :p

annelise,
Where is dragonball tau sar piah? I usually buy from "Him Heang" at Jalan Burma.
Happy birthday to you! Your birthday cake is very nice, and with lots of loves
happy.gif
envy envy...
I am looking for ideas to decorate a chocolate cake for my son's first birthday. Any ideas? The cake gonna be whole chocolate, so whole thing is dark brown. Or if you have any nice pictures for me to copy? kekeke... I am no good in designing...

Annelise,
Happy Birthday to u!
Yr birthday today?
Yr hubby cake decor is quite pro. heee... u must have given him good training.

Lyn,
thanks for downloading the photos.
heee.... my baby also picking up things to eat fm the floor, sometimes wondering if he ate any ants or insects.
Agree with u that its not good to always carry baby.

Littlecat,
The little fellow is always eyeing on food.
True also he's the only child at home and he seldom has chance to play with other babies.
He has got to entertain himself and also realise he don't really know how to play with other babies, but prefer to play with other babies parents.
heee..Yr ds2 very cute hor, always like to talk to us.

Krisjoy,
yr baby very huggable, so cute!

Twinkle,
Any chance to ask yr boss to cut down on the travelling? U must have missed yr son heaps.

Hi lyn, I dunno which street dragonball is at - only know how to walk there! I'll ask hb tonite and see if he remembers!

My nephew who's 15 month old, can only crawl a little and can't stand on his own. My sil carries him the whole day cos' she's afraid he'll fall down and hurt himself. When she went overseas and my mum took leave to look after him, he improved tremendously in just 2 weeks. Sadly, he hasn't progressed much again since then.

Thanks, lyn - just a simple baked cheesecake cos' my kids don't like the taste of cream! Remember to post your bday cake creation! Btw, I don't have the link to your blog, may I take peek? Here's a pic I found while surfing for ideas for my nephew's cake - I thought it is quite cute - can use Maltesers chocolate balls for the bear's paw pads. The cake pan is from Wilton's and may be available from B-I-Y.

739896.jpg

Thanks, cookiemonster - celebrated my bday last weekend with my mum & sis cos' it falls on a weekday this year. My hb doesn't like to bake but he loves to play with icing like my 2 dds!

Btw, I ate this in tokyo - if you're a fan of the red bean potong ice cream and haagen dazs like me, this is having the best of both worlds! Hope this will be avail in sg some time soon!

739906.jpg

annelise, happy belated birthday!
wow your hb not bad leh can deco the words so nice!! he must have good hand writing also right?

I think my hb will pipe every single drop of chocolate into his mouth liao...

I am going to Port Dickson, the Avillion resort. Went there once, quite a nice and kids friendly place. Will take photo and show u gals
happy.gif

This time we booked the Kiddies package,3D2N at MYR 710 weekday rate.
It will includes :
Room wt breakfast 2 adults & 2 kids
milkshakes & fries
haagen Diaz ice cream
Cookies goody bags

Lyn, we will leave him at cot or the baby gym too. But now he so young i dare not let him walk on the grass etc..
But the auntie likes to put him on walker...
After my hb chat with your hb, he is even more support on the idea of me quit & stay at home next year...

cookiesmonster, yeah my D1 likes to play with adults & talk like adult too.. faintz..

Hi ladies,

have been busy with my ds1 as I've just send him to a new kindergarten.

annelise and ambrosial, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Have seen the picnic pic... boys are so chubby.

annelise, wah...didn't know your girls has grown so big already and they're "xiao mei ren" little beauty.
I liked your cakes alot...will ask you for advise on how to make them later hee..... btw, I love red bean and red bean ice cream, hope haagen-dazs will bring them in

annelise, happy belated birthday! ambrosial too! Wishes you all qing1 chun1 met1 li4!

Hi Littlecat,
Its actually not advisable to put in walker as it affects the leg development.

I do have one at home but its not used. But you know what recently my silly girl Charis is using it as a toy - she climbs in and sit and play! faints...
kao_confused2.gif

cookiemonster,
I think my boy haven't taste ants and insects. hahaha... Maybe not yet. He's now a paper eater! Everyday sure eat some paper. Yesterday, tasted a very small piece of plastic! Chew chew and swallow, then open his mouth for me. aiyo...
My boy also dunno how to play with other babies. Often very rough... that day, sorry leh... pushed your boy.

annelise,
http://lnung.blogspot.com/
I read that baby gotta crawl 400 yards a day according to Glen Doman... cos crawling will improve brain development and language development. Babies gotta explore themselves to know how not to knock themselves. My boy often got blue blacks on his legs, sometimes see already very "sim tia", but for his development, still gotta let him crawl and explore. Just now he was exploring my weighing machine! hahaha... He put his head down to taste the weighing machine!
Maybe you can recommend the books by Glen Doman for your SIL to read - "How smart is your baby", or "How to teach your baby to be physically superb".

hmm... I gonna get a round, brown cake leh.. not bear shape wor...

Littlecat,
Enjoy yourselves in Port Dickson
happy.gif

Sometimes I thought, shall I be SAHM till my kids become 6 years old, and then consider my career. Cos from birth to 6 years old is very critical for their future learning abilities, and kids learn best with their mothers. My hubby also read the Shichida and Glen Doman books that I read. And we are in an environment whereby most wives gave up their career to be SAHM to nurture the kids.
kekeke... I dunno what my hubby told your hubby leh... maybe tonite I ask my hubby... :p

I agree with Nancy that walker is no good for baby's development, but very convenient for the person looking after baby
happy.gif
. The more they crawl, the stronger they will be. The more they crawl, the faster their language development. The more they crawl, the better their brain development.

Ambroisal,
Happy Belated Birthday
happy.gif

Annlee,
Which kindergarten have you chosen for your DS1?

Happy Belated birthday to annelise & ambrosial.

re: Jobs

tks for all yr concern. I already request to travel less and i guess my job nature is like tat. best to either transfer or find a new one. trsfer also need to hv vacanices mah.

My son miss me lor, infant care say he very moody when i not around and when i m home he cling to me like a koala bear. i think he also develop insecurity liao since i always disappear. call home or on web cam , 1st few days he is ok , after that he realise i m not home then he refuse to talk to me liao.

u guys got job lobang tell me hor.

Ambrosial,
Happy Belated Birthday!

Lyn,
its okie. little children play are like that, dun worry. That's how to bond and grow also.
My son now always eyeing our food when we eat. And always find opportunity to grab our food.

Twinkle,
Very poor thing to hear yr son like that. Difficult for u also.

Oh Twinkle,
that's sad, hope that you find a good solution soon. Bless you!

Lyn,
My Charis ah no matter how much she already eat when we eat she will want leh! So greedy!

Nancy n other mommies,
U r rite on the crawling theory. My dd is in walker which easier for my MIL. She is now very lazy in crawling. When i bring back, she always kena torture by me as i always ask her to crawl n a walker definitely is a no for me...

Nancy,
Ur dd good hor having a huge appetite. if and only if my ds having this type of appetite, i will be more than happy to buy or cook food for him.

lyn, I think most babies is the same...they will put everything inside their mouth and must really watch out on them.
For my ds2, when he saw ants on the floor he'll shout antz antz and try to step on them...OMG!! so must always tell him not to do that.
I send my son to a church kindy near my place.

Twinkle, yah...hope you can find better alternative...very poor thing for him too...

littlecat, yes...walker for babies is not good for their leg development. I bought those bumper instead of the walker. Last time when I'm busy cooking, I will put him on the bumper so he can entertain himself with the toys attached in it for awhile.... but they will also get bore with it.

Do you take a plane or coach to port dickson? Heard about the place before but not sure how far is it.

HELLO LADIES,

Miss you all ! Wow! I missed out so much cybermakan here with you all !

How are you all?

Hey Anne, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ! What a nice hubby to help you pipe out wordings on your birthday cake !

Hey cat, yah.. I miss humming too ! Everytime, when I see hum in shop and save, I'm very tempted to buy one kilo and wallop everything all by myself ! But I'm still bfing
sad.gif

My little didi has just started carwling on the floor, tasting tables and chairs.. Has yours started crawling ?

Hey soph, try rubbing Ruyi oil on bb's tummy at night and after her bathe.. It helps to expel the wind.. I also gave mine gripe water, find it effective, cos he breaks wind after that..

Last whole month, my little bb woke up almost every 2 hours at night, until I was a walking zombie during the day.. Now, he's better. I'm feeding him porridge and also bm, when he's full, he can sleep better. Also, when he wakes up at night, i'll just feed him warm water. hehe.. until he goes to sleep..

Hey cookie, how's your little one getting on ? Looks like you gals really had a good time pinicking..

Hey Ambrosial, Happy belated bday to you too
happy.gif

Didn't see VAN around ? Or did i miss her post ?

Gohong, as usual, your dishes are so tempting !

Hey lyn, how's Aloysius ?

So many new members here, HI to all of you !

hi all,

it's been a hectic week for me as we were trying our best to secure our maid as my energy level is simply dipping way low nowadays..i even fall sick on weekend while 'shopping' for the maid..resulted in very bad vomitting and to make it worse, both my arms were badly biten by some kind of bug that were residing in one of the rattan chairs outside one of the maid agency that we went to..

anyway, we had done what we were supposed to do for the application of the maid..all that's left is to wait for the agency to call and we can go pick her up..i can't wait to have another person to share the housechores with me
happy.gif

that's all for now..take care ya..will update again when i cook any more new dishes
happy.gif

Hi
I am looking for a confinement lady for my sister who is due in sept. All my frens' recommendations are booked during the period and she is now quite kian cheong. Kindly pm me the contact if its not convenient to post here. Thanks alot!!

hi gals,

tks for yr concern. me still looking out . hope i can work something out lor.

i also dun know what jobs i want one, thinking of changing line otherwise no pt it will be like tat. Hee... i cannot say here what i work as lah, then every easy to know where i work. My colleague may knows mah...

Back