Confinement NannY/Helper NEEDED

Blacklist Confinement Nanny - PAY SIEW HUAY
Please do NOT hire this confinement nanny named PAY SIEW HUAY (Siew Wah) from malaysia. She has a bad attitude, rude, lazy and is very rough with the baby. Totally unprofessional and not properly trained. Being in confinement, I've fallen sick several times and had diarrhoea 3 times. Had terrible engorgement due to her untrained advice on breastfeeding. Her method of looking after baby and mother is just not right and not in today's context, too much myth and etc. Messed up my whole house and kitchen is so dirty, she doesn't clean up after cooking. Unhygienic with food and etc. She has done uncountable unprofessional, harmful and horrible things. She also use and feed certain chinese medication on the baby without my permission and knowledge. Here are just a few things I am mentioning, but there're so much more to what she has done that is unbelievable and totally uncalled for. To cut the whole story short, please just do not take this risk to hire her or you'll regret and have the most stressful confinement month with sleepless nights worrying about the baby and yourself as I had this extremely bad experience with her and I'll definitely not hire her for my next baby in future.

Hi all, please beware of CL auntie Kiew. I'm currently engaging her as my CL and so far the experience is very bad. I hope to share my experience here so nobody will continue to employ her. She is not fit to be in this line.

She claimed that she has 5 years experience as CL but she doesn't cook the traditional confinement dishes.

Has anybody heard of eating fried bee hoon or fried rice during confinement? Has anybody heard of drink leftover soup from the night before for confinement? No! And when my MIL confronted her of such absurdities, she was very defensive and claimed that what she cooks, I should just eat. She also said that others before me also just eat whatever.

Not only that, she is very stubborn and refuses to listen to others opinion. When we specifically told her not to add such and such ingredients into my confinement food, she still put. When we confronted her, she claimed it is ok and refused to just follow our ways.

She is also very sneaky when it comes to money. Can you imagine, so far we have spent close to $400 on food marketing when it is only day 8 into my confinement.
Day 1: She went with my husband to get some groceries from ntuc as market was closed. Not sure how much she spent.
Day 3: She used up close to $150 to buy 1 week of food.
Day 6: she claimed that the food can only last a day more so she needs to go to market. When asked,"Haven't you already bought a week of food the other day?" she claimed that because I requested her to cook hearty breakfast and lunch so now not enough food. So I gave my sis-in-law $300 to accompany her. In d end she used close to $200. When I asked her what she bought, she just said, fish, meat, and vege. I asked her how long the food can last. She said about 6 days. I wonder how come food for 1 person for 6 days can chalk up $200? She still said fish not enough need to buy somemore in 2 days' time?!!?

When my MIL asked her about the bills, she grew very aggressive and heated argument with my MIL. If she has clear conscience, she would have just told outright exactly what she bought...

She is also very lazy just want to do things easy way. When I first suggested use cloth nappy for my boy she gave many excuses, say poo will cause bum to rot la, diff to wash the stain off cloth nappy la, etc etc. So we ended up using disposable diapers. But my MIL wanted me to insist she use cloth diapers so I told her to use. She gave me a black face. Even then, she doesn't check on baby regularly to monitor poo or pee. I always have to check and then tell her myself. She doesn't wash up the dirty cloth nappy immediately or even when she has time. She will soak to the next day afternoon to do the washing. Sometimes she will just throw in the nappy together w my laundry into the washing machine, no doubt to have easier job...

Other cLs will cook hot soupy food for breakfast and confinement set meal for lunch and dinner. But she expects me to eat bread and milo or cereal for breakfast. And lunch she will cook one dish of friend rice or bee hoon, or just a soupy noodle dish. No doubt easy job for her, but hardly confinement food...

So pls beware of employing her. She is a glib talker but doesn't do as much as she talks. Now I have to send her back and look for other plans, barely a week into my confinement. Pls dun walk in my shoes...

beware of aunt SHU HUA from TANJUNG PINANG Indonesia. Infront of you, she seemslike a hardworking, good personality, etc etc...

Initially i was very happy with her working attitude but i did not know all these are only fake attitude!
i even tried to post good comments on forum for her & tried to help her to get new customer.

Who knows at my back she bad mouthing me. At my back she said:

1) HER PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ALWAYS BUY HER BREAKFAST EVERYMORNING & MY HUSBAND DID NOT BUY HER ANY BREAKFAST.
I thought we paid confinement lady to serve us & not the other way round.

2) SHE CLAIM SHE REJECTED MY REQUEST FOR HER TO EXTEND ANOTHER 2 WEEKS.
she told my maid she rejected my request to extend another 2 more weeks. By the way, i have NEVER ask her to extend. My mum ask me to extend her for another 2 weeks, I told my mum dont need to. The the CL ask me whether I want to extend her for another 2 weeks, i told her no, thanks. But what she said at my bback is different.

3) SHE EXPECTED 2 ANG PAOS (1 when she arrived & the other one when she depart). I only gave her 1 ang pao when she left which i thought is the standard practice. I gave her S$100. i check with my friends, all only give $20, but i gave her $100. Yet she still complain at my back & expecting 2 ang paos.

4) SALARY
She was complaining about her pay at my side was very low & below the market. AT the first place, she was the one who offer to work for me & ask that amount of pay. Really ridiculous that she licked back her own saliva.

BEWARE! INNOCENT LOOK & HARDWORKING ATTITUDE DOES NOT MEAN SHE WILL NOT BAD MOUTH YOU AT YOUR BACK!!!!

Hi,

I had a Stay-In Msia CF lady to highly recommend.
She is very honest, flexible, friendly, great CF cook, ard early 50 yrs old, got more than 10yrs experience.
She can be contact at
HP: 81535205(S'pore line)/+60167209255(Msia line)
NAME: Auntie Chong

Honest -> She will make sure there are receipts to justify how much she spent on weekly foods.
-> She will only cook enough portion for CF mummy as not to waste foods.
-> She won't take advantage by eating good stuffs same as CF mummy.

Flexible -> She will prepare CF foods according to your likings.
-> She will wash CF mummy and baby clothings.

Great CF cook -> She is a real great cook & will cook different variety of confinement foods within 28days. For every meal, she will prepare different tonic soup.

Note: She is very popular so MUST book her in advance with deposit.

Auntie Chong is very good at handling with newborn baby. She is capable at burping my baby in less than a second. She also knows why the baby cried everytime. I am still trying to learn from her.

My previous cl is from M’sia, she has attitude problem and very rude she work for 3 days I sent her back. My 2nd cl is a wonderful she is very kind and clean up my house very chin chai.
She is from Indonesia I engaged her from agency. But forgot her name, I call her aunty and lost her no. u can call her agent 92778358

one big thumb for my CL - Siew Ling Jie.

the confinement food she made is healthy and taste good. and she is experienced in taking care of baby, teach me a lot during the confinement, and also she keep the house v clean.

but have to book her earlier coz she is very popular.

Name: Siew Ling Jie (M'sia)
Singapore HP: 81195431
M'sia HP: 013-7067061

Hi all,

have a good confinement aunty to recommend. She is very hardworking and looks after baby well. Can call her daughter to confirm her. She don't carry mobile so very good. Her daughter is Tess. The number is 92382012. She is available these few months.

My CL, Auntie Chong has more than 18years of experience in taking care of CF mummy and baby. She is a great cook and she would prepare food to your preferences. She would even cook for my hubby if he is home for meals.
Good knowledge of herbal soup. She can cook a type of herbal soup to expel the bad blood in the uterus after delivery. Don’t be surprise if you suddenly have heavy flow of menses as its good to have it out of your body instead of inside.
Auntie Chong can be contactable at HP: 81535205(S'pore line)/+60167209255(Msia line)

Please ignore all my comments stated above as I was pestered to write it during my 2nd week of confinement. Personally, I don't recommend Auntie Chong after 28days of confinement period.

>Jas (yew_98), what do you mean by you were pestered to write it? You were pestered by Auntie Chong to write it?

Hi all,
I have bad experience of engaged my 1st CL, she is from KL was recommended by my neighbor.
She is lazy do house core and money face, ask for advance pay after engaged her 3 days, I have already paid her 500 for booking .I terminated her after 7days. I manage to get my 2ndCL from Ms.Ling she an agent, She got me a good nanny. Her nanny is Indonesia Chinese, Her nanny is patient with baby and cooks for my family and helps to do house cores and keep my house clean. I was so LUCKY. Here I strongly advise for mummy to be, engage CL from agency Call or sms for more information 92778358.

hihi, like to recommend my cl, aunty ah lan, +60 16 704 1081
confinemt was reali torturing for me, lucky tat i hav her to take gd care of my precious babe n me who is weak..

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">any mummies looking for confinement lady? aunty xim who is young(43yrs old),can cook very well, experience,energetic,support bf,hard working and charge at reasonable price. 100% good feedback about her. sms me 98572771 </font></font>

Please email me at [email protected] if you can recommend me a good Chinese CL of mid/late 40s with english-speaking to perform the CL duties responsibly. My newborn is due in Nov 2012.

Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

I have a very good nanny to recommend.

She is Mrs Low contactable at 67551466, location: Yishun Street 22.

Good environment:
- Grown-up kids
- Non smoking/ non pet environment
- Caring and patient towards baby and experience in handling both baby and toddler

I saw someone recommending Helen
9147 **** in 2008 post.

For goodness sake she is a big eater. She will secretly eat your food, fish, tonic etc etc.

Demand fish every meal. Eat good food everyday.
Make you buy and buy. The food "suddenly" finished very fast. Oh need to buy again. Obviously she is the one eating because she purposely cook a lot so she can eat.

What a shame employing her.

I just realised my expensive high quality coffee 5 in 1 mix is gone for good. Inside got 12 packets. I just drink 3 loh.....
One box around $7-$8
Aunite Helen YOU WIN liao....

Okay, so here is my poor experience. Auntie Chong (refer to other posts in this forum) recommended me to her friend Auntie Gek or Auntie Ah Gek (malaysian phone +601 2772 8845). Her cost was relatively quite expensive $2700, but I thought since she sounded nice also, we would just confirm it and stop worrying about confinement nannies. My mother-in-law called to confirm her, and she said deposit is $500, which I must pay to Auntie Chong's bank account. In parallel, I was trying to arrange a confinement lady work visa with MOM, which required Auntie Gek's passport, identity card, etc. When I asked her and Auntie Chong for these details, I heard nothing back. I followed up, but still nothing. After three days, Auntie Chong called me to say that Auntie Gek had accepted another job. During this time, I has turned down two other confinement ladies which I had spoken to, since I had already confirmed with Auntie Gek. So, my warning is to be careful when dealing with Auntie Gek as she may not be completely trustworthy. Also be careful when confinement ladies recommend their friends!

In parallel, now I have now confinement lady options, since the others I turned down are booked out, despite baby not coming for another 7 months :(

Back