colour/dye hair

summer kuo

Hi all mummy
Is colouring of hair ok during pregnancy? I have asked a number of them some say ok some say not advisable. And my gynae say ok. Anyone out there colour hair during your pregnancy? Thank you.

My gyane said ok too and I trust him~ Had my hair dyed black at my 14th week of pregnancy cause I didn't want to have to deal with pudding head hair afterwards. And my baby is still growing well now!

Oh, I did tell my stylist to avoid the roots cause I was doing black so it was pretty much easy :)

Mixed reviews on this - ie whether to colour/dye hair. Generally, not recommended to do in 1st trimster. Some gyanes don't find it an issue, while some advised against it. I thk till date, it is still not medically proven it will definitely be harmful to the bb. Alternatively, you may want to look for those colour/dye which is pregnancy safe. I heard some salons do carry such products. Or you can consider highlight instead of colour cos highlight doesn't really touch the roots of your hair.

My gyane said ok too and I trust him~ Had my hair dyed black at my 14th week of pregnancy cause I didn't want to have to deal with pudding head hair afterwards. And my baby is still growing well now!

Oh, I did tell my stylist to avoid the roots cause I was doing black so it was pretty much easy :)
Thanks Mayochuu, u mean u dye your hair black cos of white hair? Mine a lot of white hair so I am quite troubled now.. btw ur profile pic is nice.. which studio u go for your pregnancy photos?

Mixed reviews on this - ie whether to colour/dye hair. Generally, not recommended to do in 1st trimster. Some gyanes don't find it an issue, while some advised against it. I thk till date, it is still not medically proven it will definitely be harmful to the bb. Alternatively, you may want to look for those colour/dye which is pregnancy safe. I heard some salons do carry such products. Or you can consider highlight instead of colour cos highlight doesn't really touch the roots of your hair.
Thanks Trinity4ever..will keep this in mind n consider whether to dye..cos I got a lot white hairactually I have done once during first trimester when I dunno I m pregnantto think back I m also scared whether is it OK..

Thanks Mayochuu, u mean u dye your hair black cos of white hair? Mine a lot of white hair so I am quite troubled now.. btw ur profile pic is nice.. which studio u go for your pregnancy photos?

Hihi, I used to have very light coloured hair and was skeptical in dying it at first when I found out I was pregnant. Cause the original black hair is growing out so rapidly I had to make a choice of dying them black (vain lah me, haha) or just let it be and becomes black on top and light brown below :p

Then my gynae gave me the green light saying the chemicals doesn't go into the blood so it's ok. End of the day it depends very much on how comfortable making the decision to dye is. Especially if later on, if you are gonna face problems like elderly nagging at you for that or self guilt for making the decision, it wouldn't be worth.

Thanks! I planned my maternity shoot myself and engaged my photographer friend to shoot for me. He takes really good photos! If you're interested I could PM you his contacts :) But it's self planned so for costumes and location you have gotta find them.

Hihi, I used to have very light coloured hair and was skeptical in dying it at first when I found out I was pregnant. Cause the original black hair is growing out so rapidly I had to make a choice of dying them black (vain lah me, haha) or just let it be and becomes black on top and light brown below :p

Then my gynae gave me the green light saying the chemicals doesn't go into the blood so it's ok. End of the day it depends very much on how comfortable making the decision to dye is. Especially if later on, if you are gonna face problems like elderly nagging at you for that or self guilt for making the decision, it wouldn't be worth.

Thanks! I planned my maternity shoot myself and engaged my photographer friend to shoot for me. He takes really good photos! If you're interested I could PM you his contacts :) But it's self planned so for costumes and location you have gotta find them.
Hi hi... thank's muchie for being so nice in sharing so much.. I will take these into considerations.. as for the maternity shoots.. I guess your fren is really good but I really need help for costume n location hahaha(very lazy of me orh?).. thanks for your kind recommendation anyway I try find one with costume n location ba..if u happen come across any good one b4 Aug keep me posted okie?

My gynae discouraged me so I did not do it when I was preg with my 2 kids. Whole head almost white and I am the super vain one hor. I am the type who will touch up roots every 6 weeks so u can imagine how much I went thru Anyway no right or wrong. Nowadays there are so many natural colour dyes which cld be less harmful or no harm at all. If u feel comfortable, do it happily instead of questioning. Cos if in doubt and you will tend to blame yourself and link it to the hair dye for whatever non-related incidents.

My first pregnancy, I did hair colouring -blonde colour when I was still pregnant. I thought it was OK. But then when my baby born, I saw she got 2 hairs with the same colour like mine. After that, with my second..I do not dare to dye my hair anymore throughout my pregnancy and when I breast feeding. Just want to be safe because if anything happened then I will regret for my whole life. But to refrain from dying your hair..will only takes about 2yrs.

So far there is no clinical studies or proof that hair dye can affect newborn during pregnancy, although some say yes it will coz hair is part of body system.. while some say wont la.. better to play safe lor..

If you really wanna prevent drastic loss of hair, can try go to bee choo hair loss treatment. Coz they use Chinese herbs all natural ingredients, definitely unlikely to harm newborn compared to chemical dye.

Anyway they have a new shop now only for women, so if you shy or more conservative can go there like me.. haha their address is in their website, in bugis area.. http://www.beechooladies.com.sg/affordable-scalp-treatment-salon-singapore-ladies/

I found they have a new video quite innovative la

While pregnant try to avoid chemical intake lor just play safe!!

Back