Christian Mummy Support Group

Stylobb,
paying for first 2 months after than all comes the excuses , drag for another 2 weeks ... 1 month give all those words i never visit him why must i pay, say i am nt loan shark why go after him for money, he will inli givw when he has enough very tired of keeping asking lo heart breaking also in future also nt sure hw to explain to my son hai...

hi fairytale, how are you? have actually been meaning to write to you about your baby....

I know exactly how it feels to have our babies taken from us, and like you, it was really during this time that I felt the power of God in our life. Sabie's death also had so much meaning, not only to me, but to a lot of the mummies here in the forum and even overseas. Most of them tell me that they learned to love and be more patient with their kids. I guess we should be proud to have been chosen by God to love these babies who have such a strong message!

if you need to talk, please feel free to PM me.

shannonmom
where do u stay? yes most cg do not have children. i guess mine is a special one we have loooads of them!! basically we r host n hubby is leading as well and we have 4 children of our own and my members' kids just love coming to my place.

mama to 5js,
you are so lucky to have a cell that has loooads of children , wjile mine there isnt any kid some times its qutie hard for me to cope with cell gp n my son.
Fairytale, pasty,
from both of ur cases i really learned a lot from both of u the perservance that you all had n as a mum i understand how it feels like , it makes me more and more tresure n be patient with my boi as he is veri active n bad tempered , as you all knoe i am currently seperated with my hb n going into divorce but i am nt upset at least god sent my son to be with me when i am alone and i am so touched by god presence in this thread the presence is stronger n stronger n the faith for him is growing my our testiomy ,god bless all of you !!

EPYL
i guess it all depends on host. some host dun mind children while others do. seriously speaking children can be quite disruptive esp when adults wanna share n fellowship. most churches will try to discourage (the word here is discourage and not enforce) bringing children cos cell meeting is a time when fellow brothers n sisters can share n connect with each other. but havg said that, many families do not have help at home to babysit. so if children r not allowed to bring then the parents themselves will not attend thus miss a lot of opprtunities to come n learn from each other. as for us, we adults will have our meeting in the hall and we have a special room where we "lock" the kids inside to play.

not easy to be a single mom. im sure God has His plans for u. draw strength from Him ok.

mama to 5Js

My boi niche is at CCK govt area not the one your Joel is coz I heard very expensive leh.How much you pay for a niche location?

fairytale
oh i see... i cant remember how much i paid cos hubby was the one who paid. didnt have the mood to settle all these funeral things then. i think was 1k plus only for 30+30 yrs.

hi everyone..

dorothy
Usually I attend 2pm service. Can find me in the mother's room, most of the time I will be bf my baby in the room. If not crowded, I will stay inside, else I will be at foyer with hubby.

sunbloom & EPYL
It's tough in times of trial, but don't lose faith. U can always count on our Father above who knows & will meet our needs. We are here to pray & spur each other on.
happy.gif

shannon
Congrats ...I'm sure God will bless u in your new workplace, for we are Highly Favor, Greatly Bless, Deeply Love by our LORD!!! I'm not attending any cell group too, don't have any caretaker for my kids. For mid-wk service, we just buy the CDS to listen at home. I love serving in nursery with the babies. Hope to go back when my 2nd one is older.

mama to 5Js
How do u manage 4 kids? I'm already worn out taking care of 2. Pei-fu!!

Hello sisters,
Have not come in for some time. Always feel encouraged reading some of the mummies' previous posting.
Have smthing to share and hope wont bore all mummies..usually for my daily prayer, i will pray that my girl will eat well and sleep well during both the day and night as i have always treated these 2 things as "problems" that my girl is facing...cos fm birth she dont sleep alot and she dont drink alot of milk. Last nite while feeding her milk, again she rejected the bottle...was getting fedup and decided to pray to God to help her "Feeding problem"...suddenly a small still voice seem to be telling me that i have been confessing that my girl has problems in many areas but actually she has no problems..God has already blessed my girl and that she is eating well, she is sleeping well...she is behaving well..the moment that i have these good thoughts of my girl she begin to drink her milk. Thats where i realize that i have been confessing to her problems where she has no problems at all. I should be confessing good things about her that she is and she has eat and sleep well.
Sorry if my testimony has bored you but didnt know where to share...

<font color="aa00aa">Mezzo17
Yes its a good reminder for me as well.. after I read yr testimony.. I realised that I have been thinking neg on my gal's behaviour where actually I had forgotten the pther good side of my gal... thansk for bringing me back in thinking of the good side and b optimistic.. =))

Thank you mezzo</font>

hi all,

God is good all the time. I told my employer about my pregnancy and they are ok with it since I think I can work throughout my pregnancy. My immediate boss is nice. Though she is not married yet, she is quite understanding on my situation. Thank God she is a Christian too.

Now I just have to get myself to be a confirmed staff 3 months down the road to entitled to the maternity leave. But it is not my efforts, it is God. Since God is perfect, I just thank HIM for the confirmation now.

Thanks all for praying for me
happy.gif

Hi mama to 5Js,

I am staying at Bedok. Where is your cell group?

Hi Mezzo17,

I used to "complain" to God about my problems especially about my girl too. Hubby then reminds me why I think so small of God. Instead I should just start to thank HIM for everything. Like if my girl is sick, thank God that she is healed although she is still sick. For God has already healed her, we just need the manifestation to happen.

Well we all fall once a while so let just continue encouraging each other. I think I really need such support since I dont know many people in church nor is attending any cell.
happy.gif

shannon_mum, i'm staying at bedok reservoir... my place is opened for care group... infact there are a few care group in the east....my place is those with kids...

let me knwo if u wan to join us this tues(24/07)

Hi ladies...

Just want to share with u too. Last Sat was a tiring day with me, my girl has been testing me whole day with her "No". It happened quite often since after her 3th birthday. I guess after my 2nd baby, it kind of impact her. I have less patience for her too.

We came home late after a day of struggle. Although I was very tired, I forced myself to read the book by Suzuki - highly recommended to read by the piano teacher. I thought it will be on the technique they use to teach piano, but it turns out to be more of a parenting philosophy. As I read the book, even though my body was weak, my spirit was strong. I realized I'm just a very typical mom, easy to anger. But the Lord showed me how to be a better mom for my kids, especially after today's episode with my girl.

"The talent of a child is not inborn. Any child has the sprout of possibility to grow. Ascertain the truth, nurture that sprout with overflowing love and make the flower of hope bloom. It depends upon how children are raised. The fate of a child is in the hands of the parents."

After completing the book, I went to my kids, who were sleeping, and gave a thankful prayer over them. In the morning, I went to Emma & apologized to her for being quick to anger and for spanking her. She turned to me & gave me a hug, saying sorry. I sensed the peace in my heart.

In church, God continue to impress me with His message.
1)When nagging doesn't work, just give up & let it to God.
2)Let your face radiate with God's glory that your children can see.

The phrase "See my finished work in your child" kept coming up to me. And I realized how much I need to let go & let God does His miracle in my children. All I have to do is just thank Him and let my children see God's glory on my face.

So far so good, though there are testing times. But each time I get a little prompting from the voice in me..change yourself and your children will image you.

A bit long here..
happy.gif

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for inviting, I will keep in mind. Currently I am very tired after work, think partly due to my pregnancy.

Let me settle down first with my new job and I will pm you if we want to join the care group.

Thanks for letting me know.

Hi mummies,

MAy wan to add this into your prayer list today...

23 korean missionaries were kidnapped by the Talibans. If their requests are not met by 10.30pm tonight, they will start to kill the hostage.

HI Christian mummies,

Can I join you?

Need some advice on childcare? Am looking for a childcare for my 2 yo boy. My number 2 is arriving in about 6 weeks time. Very much want to put my boy in a christian environment but find that most churches operate kindergarten rather than child care. Is there a listing somewhere on churches that has childcare service?

Do other christian mummies try their best to put their kids in a christian childcare too as they learn to say grace before meals, have worship sessions, learn bible stories,etc?

Hi Joshlyn,

Where do you live? From what I know there's Life Child care at Prinsep Street (near Sim Lim Sq). Another one is Ascension Kindercare at Potong Pasir. However Ascension only accepts 3yrs old and above.

I didn't put my child in Christian childcare due to sending/fetching issue. But giving me a choice, I would prefer to put my child in Christian childcare.

Hi CJ mum,

I'm staying near Boon Keng mrt. Infact there are afew churches around here like Elim church and Kim Keat church but they all operate kindergarten which only take in 3 yo and follow MOE's calendar. Ascension kindercare is very near my place but we do not like the idea of void deck kind of childcare as there is less outdoor activities.

I didn't know of Life childcare, will check it out! Thanks!

Hi Handydog,

Trinity church at Adam's road is too out of the way. I have also use the MCYS website to search for childcare within 5km from my address.

I guess if no choice then will have to settle for non christian childcare as travelling too far is also too tiring for the child. :-(

Joshlyn, dunno if it's too far for you but Calvary Baptist in sennet estate has a pre-school but dunno if they will take younger than 3 yrs old..

hihi,
please keep me in prayer has been bitten by posionous inscet as mention by DR on forehead been in pain since mon even pain killer wont help thanks

Hi Joshlynn,

Whether to hv more outdoor activities or not would largely depend on school curriculums. So you probably hv to find out from the school abt their daily schedule instead. Life childcare has its own small playground within the school compound.

If you're driving, it'll be very convenient to Life childcare. If you're taking bus, I think you can take either 139 or 857. But bear in mind that you will need to walk as the buses will use different routes to (Jalan Besar->Bencoolen) and fro (Selegie->Serangoon). I'm very familiar with the place as I'm staying at Farrer Park MRT.

Hi!

I called up Life childcare and they are full for time being. Their toddler's class quite big. About 15-16 children. My son can't join them as they consider their half day childcare as flexi care and parents can only send their kids at 8:30am which is too late for me to get to work.

I have also checkup Calvary Baptist at Sennett's estate. They are a kindergarten so this year they take in children who are born in 2004 and also follow MOE calendar with school holidays.

Have also visited Bethel Day care within Bethel Presbyterian church. Don't feel quite right with the place. The children look rather bored...

Even visited Praise kids@katong presbyterian church. Very nice environment but the problem is with distant. Poor child has to take about 45mins school bus to get home. Isn't that sad for a 2yo... :-(

Good morning mummies
Haven't been checking this thread for a while. I have a prayer request to ask of you.

Please pray for the Korean Christians in Afghanistan who were doing volunteer work in the hospital. They will start to kill 9 of them at 10.30pm tonight. Please pray for them and spread this prayer request to as many people to pray so that God would strength them and turn the situation around.

Hi shannon_mom,
congratz on ur preg. having no. 2? everything's going smooth?

mouseaction,
been following up on the kidnap as well... so disheartening rite... we have another group out on missionary trip at this moment as well in sensitive areas. Praise the Lord for these brave 'fishermen' but still can't help worrying for them.

Hi all,
Going through testing moments again.. haiz~

Hubby's outstation for work so i'm on my own with my two tods again. But my gran is critically ill since last week. All of us took shifts to keep her accompany as the doc says its anytime for her now.

But my patience is really running thin. Let's just say she's a notti patient who keeps wanting to get out of bed etc. And she's getting more and more negative saying things like y dun let her go now etc despite our church members keep going down to visit and pray for her. Worst! my non-believers aunties etc starts to do things like go to the medium and ask when die etc and challenge us to see who is more accurate.

any of you here have experience of holding christian furneral with some direct relatives still non-believers? i'm like their middleman now receiving complaints from both groups.. so wanna handle it with extreme care and sensitivity since all r my beloved family.

Thank God that hubby's work is smooth and will be back on the evening's flight.

hi brendali,
Is your grandmother a believer? My grandma is a christian, however half of my family is non-family. However, all respected my grandma's religion. So she had a christian funeral. All attended the funeral. But if she is not, we also have to respect her wishes.

Hi CJ mum,

Yes, have visited YWCA at McNair too. They do not have schoolbus for half day. I can consider them if I want to leave my boy full day.

My churchmate's daughter who is there is badly bitten by moquitoes. The place has alot of greeneries that look abit untidy. Didn't ask them how often they fog the place when I was there. My dear son is the type that has big reactions to mozzie bites so a bit worrying.

brenda
Yeah indeed praise the Lord for the brave soldiers.. must be God's calling, otherwise I think normal people will not want to go.

Can't help you on this as I have not been in situation before.

Hi all,

Sorry have been busy and did not post on this thread.

I did not really follow up on the Korean news but was thinking if they are holding non christians for hostage and killed them, it will be sad cos they have not accepted God as saviour yet. Just like my dear cousin who died without knowing God. Now I never get a chance to see him in heaven.
sad.gif
Just some thoughts.

As for my pregnancy, I have having evening sickness instead. Got to keep eating so wont feel nausea. Got once I nearly fainted in the MRT, thank God I am alright. Now waiting for my 1st 3 months to be over soon. Thanks for the concern.

Hi Brenda,

If I have a choice I rather attend my granny christian funeral and listen to those non christian relatives complains than to attend non christian funeral. Look at the bright side. My granny is not a christian yet but she is still alive lah. I still got chance to share with her
happy.gif

hi sis in christ,
hehe i have been mia in this thread for some time , hve healed from the insect bite actual its not, its shen se(snake) now totally recovered also coping well in my new job mentiopn in thread ba, hope all of u are doin well. **sad, new co dont have net access so cant log in quite often need to take care of son **

hopeac,
yah, my gran is a believer. Anyway, she passed away last nite. I'm praying hard that my family will be like urs. I noe that some still worrying she wun hv 'money' later etc..haiz~

sunbloom!!
congratz!!!

shannon mom,
ay.. gotta be careful careful in ur 1st trimester k.

Do reach out to ur gran. It's a good feeling when she asked me to pray for her to go back to the Lord's at her deathbed. Can really feel the Holy Spirit giving us peace instead of sadness for her depart.

<font face="Book Antiqua"> <font color="0000ff">Have not been posting in this thread for awhile. I'm sure every mummy is doing great.

Just want to share the good news with all the sisters here. We'll be having another addition member in the family next yr Feb/Mar.
happy.gif
</font></font>

<font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="0000ff">Shannon,

Thanks. So our bb will b born ard e same time, when's ur EDD? My bb's edd is 03-03-08 but as my DD was born premature @ 35 wks so my gynae said most likely tis 2nd one will follow suit too.

I'm coping well most of the time. Didn't have such bad MS as compared to my 1st pregnancy. Only feel uncomfortable @ nite. Oh.. I had problem waking up & convincing myself to go to work every morning. Lost count of the times I cried to HB saying I dun wan to go to work
happy.gif
</font></font>

my edd is 10 mar 08. my first baby was late by 5 days. I am having evening sickness and have to keep eating small meals or snacks all the time or will feel nausea. I also dont feel like working BUT actually working helps to keep me off focus from being nausea.

The sad thing is during weekend, I always feel uncomfortable, giddy and nausea so have not been going to church. Very bad hor? I was telling my hubby must make it this sunday. Hope I can really do it.

Hi Any SAHMs want to meet up?I'm a Christian mummy with my 2nd preg and having an 11 mth old baby.I'm staying at Kallang. Tks.

hi...

This is my first time posting in this thread. Hope im not intruding.

tyrantmum
Im a Christian mummy too, staying near you at MacPherson. Will stay at home from next year on, so still FTWM now. I have one boy, 10 mths now. we can really meet up!!!

Hi Patsy!!
Yes we can all meet up
happy.gif
Heard you are preggie (no im not a stalker - read about sabie in other thread). congrats!!! how far on are you now?

take care and have loads of rest!!

Back