Christian Mummy Support Group

I think boi boi really not easy to take care lei. I see many boi boi only easy to take care when they grow up. Already i think i hv difficulty managing my bb ger. Eileen, it must be tough on u

Eileen
Have you tried to extend his meal hours? Sometimes I have no choice but to starve my girl and when she is really hungry, she will eat. Now that she is 2yrs old, in order not to upset myself, if she don't eat much, I also don't bother much. Worst thing, she knows her likes and dislikes. Some food she says "not nice" and no matter how I try to persuade/distract her, it does not work. Children are just like adults. We adults sometimes don't feel hungry at all.

Hi Eileen,

My 2nd girl who is about 4 months old is not drinking a lot of her milk too. She is only drinking at 5 hrs interval and sometimes she only take 3 oz. Feeding her cause me and nanny a lot of stress.

I also dont know what to do. I cannot feed other food since she is only 4 months. The only thing we can do is to start her on cereal soon.

We decided to leave it to Jesus. We prayed over her and thank Jesus that he will multiply the nutrients she absorbed. Though she is drinking less milk, we thanked God she is growing up healthy with normal weight.

Everytime she refused to drink, I just thank God she has more than sufficient nutrients. I still get worried and upset at times. But at least I dont vet my anger at her now.

Last sunday pastor preach that God works best at our weakness so that no man can boast of his own works. So Jesus be magnified when my girl put on healthy weight and grow up strong even though she dont drink much.
happy.gif

tks to those for yr reply.... i'm trying to pray for him everyday... hopefully the situation will improve... now everyday is a stressful day... btw any of u from westley?

Hi! Just a short introduction. I am a mom of 3, currently attending Covenant Evangelical Church. Attending a cell group near the Jackson eating place. Cell group has many kids... About 25 preschoolers and another 12 older kids. Anyone can join us if you are keen!

Hi Hi, Can i join this thread? I have 2 kids aged 9mths and the other is coming 2 yrs.

I have yet to bring them to Church.. kekeke... I'm afraid that I can't control them in church :p

I'm from COOS...
happy.gif

Sng Su
I place my girl in nursery church to have fun with games, arts n craft, storytelling and songs. Then we adults can listen to sermon without distubance.

Hi beloved mummies .. realised some of you do post messages recently. So sotong of me ...I seldom log on to this website. As I have been taking care of my daughter since birth, really hands full taking care of her. I hv no help from anyone & my husband works long hours. I am from new creation church. Picking up my faith once again gradually going to church on sundays. Feel free to email to me at [email protected] Shalom!! Palene

Hi Sng Su,

I agree with CG. When I was pregnant with my 2nd girl, I skip service cos I have evening sickness and other times either we could not get up early or elder girl needs to nap. After I gave birth, it was like so easy to find excuses to skip church again or the desire is not that strong to go back.

But we realised it was just excuses. We can make alternative arrangement to go out with our friends and family but not wiling to change our timing to go church. So we decided it is time to go back church. Beside my elder girl is growing up - 2.5yr old, we do not want her to think it is ok not to attend church.

Having 2 girls, no maid, no parents to help out, getting to church on time is such a challenge. But some how we managed. Though most of the times we are late for worship but at least we get to listen to the sermon. We are also happy that the elder girl is starting to get into the habit of going sunday school every sunday.

So try it Sng Su, I know it really take lots of effort but slowly slowly we will made it there.

Hope it will encorage you.
happy.gif

Hi PS,

Being full time mom is really hard work but so much more satisfying right? I cannot really check my emails during the day too cos I am working and got to report to my girls for duty after work.

As you can see I always post during weird hrs cos I am expressing milk at the same time. hee hee.

Let's all encourage one and another. I really need it cos I did not attend any cell group currently.

Shannon
I dropped my gal at the NCC nursery church when she just turned 1mth old. Trusting God that HE will continue to take care of her when I am not around with her. Now she is 25mths old, and every Sunday she looks forward to go to church. Loves to listen to Praise and Worship, will call out Jesus when she needs prayers.

PS
I have no helper too. My husband will only finish work after 930pm. Saturdays he works till around 4-6pm. No worries, Jesus is always besides you, treasure this moment with your bb and thank God for it. Amen!

HI PS

same here, I am a stay-at-home mom with my 4-mnth old baby boy. its a 24/7 work for us without pay (in terms of money) but its still worth it, right?
happy.gif

i attend everynation church, i encourage you and as well as other moms in this forum to really take time to have quality time with Jesus, read the Bible, and journal it. For me its been a challenge because i seldom have my quiet time since i gave birth, but i realized that amidst of all the tiredness and stress, its with Jesus we can draw our strength and multi-task jobs we do at home .
happy.gif

Like what Philippians 4:13 states, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

yah I am quite bad at my quiet time. Didnt really read the bible except going to church. Again busy is my excuse but I got time to surf web, weird right?

How you all cultivate the habit of reading the bible? How to teach your children on it too? Any nice good books on this area?

Hi CG,

My elder girl is 28 mths old. She is attending JK1 now, should be same as your girl right? I normally attend 1130am service. You? How you teach your girl to pray? My girl will only listen to my prayers and said Amen.

Shannon
My girl is also attending JK1, 1130am. I pray for her, we pray together, I read bible storybooks to her, I let her listen to praise and worship songs, and we thank God for everything!

Dear mummies,
Wow, glad to find this Christian Mummy support Group! My daughter is 18 months now, and my family is attending NCC
happy.gif
Glad to see that there are a few mummies from NCC too!

Hi Celestine
Same here - I have dropped my daughter in the church nursery while attending service since she's one month old plus. AT first she did have separation anxiety for quite a few months,but since three months back, she looks forward to go nusery, and says bye to me so readily when we drop her off at the nursery
happy.gif

JanMum
Pretty soon, your dd will be promoting to JK1. More interesting activities and programs for her to enjoy!

hi CG, Janmum, Shannon-mom, just happen to go thru this thread... I am from NCC too and normally attend 1st serive in the foyer. -))

Glad to know you girls...

God bless

hi all chrisitan mummies

just happened to check this forum and chanced upon this thread.

am a newbie here but already a mummy of 2 gers and expecting my 3rd. our family is currently attending Trinity Christian Centre but am praying about relocation due to certain changes. NCC is definitely one of our top choice.

hope to hear from you all soon.

Hi CG,

Thanks for the tips. Now my girl will ask for us to pray for her at night before she sleep. She will also try to pray together with us by saying words like bless shannon, Jesus, thank you, amen. Recently I started her pre nursery at Bedok Methodist Church. I am glad they start school with prayer and worship and said grace before meal.

Hi blessedbaby,

Glad to know you too.

Hi andrina gina,

I think NCC nursery is good. My 2nd girl started since 2 mths old. She is coping well so far. The elder one also starts to enjoy more. She will said she took Jesus body and Jesus blood. Now when u ask her how to worship God, she will raise her hands. You can actually try NCC nursery even if it is first time visit to church.

Jesus is good, always.

hi shannon mom

thanks!!! am so glad for you that your gers are coping so well... will be going down to ncc this sunday which service do you attend? we're thinking of going for the 2:30 one...

Hello Everyone!

I'm posting for a friend who is starting a bilingual homebased christian playgroup in the East.

She has a degree in childhood education and is currently a teacher in a reknowned playschool.

However, to spend more time with her 2 children and her husband (who is a pastor), she is now considering teaching from home with another christian friend of hers.

She's looking at a daily 1.5 hours program incorporating both English and Mandarin (45 minutes for English and 45 minutes for Mandarin) for kids 2 years and above. She is also seeking to keep the intake low by taking in only 3-4 kids for the sessions.

If you are interested or have further queries, please email me at [email protected] or send me a PM here. Thanks!

Hi all mummies,

So great to find out that there are quite a few NCC mummies at this thread!

I am attending NCC too, normally the 1st service at the foyer near to the nursing room. My daughter Zoe is about 7 plus months. So far, we normally bring her along for service.

Am considering if we should start sending her for nursery. Does anyone know what kind of activities they normally have for kids her age group?

Hi Zonkkie,

My younger girl is also just turned 7 mths. She has been attending nursery since 2 mths. I think there isnt much activities for their age till they are older. It is more on taking care of them such as changing diapers and feeding.

But I might be wrong cos I never attend any orientation. By the way there is Children Day celebration - Safari theme. So maybe they do have activities. You can ask any staff over the counter for more details.

For me the purposes of sending her there is so that I can concentrate in the sermon. 2ndly is to get her into a routine of going to nursery so when she is older it is like a habit and there wont be any separation anxiety.

happy.gif

Once they go to JK1, then will be more activities for the kids (arts n craft, praise and worship, storytelling, holy communion and etc). My girl has been attending since she was just 1 mth old. Now she is 27mths, and I am glad that she remembers Jesus is the healer and HE loves her a lot!

hello mummies!
I'm so glad to chance upon this thread.
I'm a SAHM with a 18-mth boy, we're looking to hang out with other Christian SAHM with toddlers, able to meet on weekday afternoons.
We're also attending NCC, usually first service.

Shannon mom,
thanks for the NCC link, din realise the info is there! Now, i can reinforce it at home after each sunday. thanks!

hi mummies,
i am new to this thread. am 39 weeks preggie now and due to deliver anytime. => am also from NCC, nice to see quite a few NCC mummies on this thread too!

Hi mummies,

Am new to this thread.........

I have a daughter who is five years old and I have been trying to conceive since 2007. I had two miscarraiges in 2008 and am wondering what is the christian perspective to this? I am 35 this year and so am rather anxious to give my daughter a playmate. I keep on tellin myself not to get anxious and all this is in the hands of god. Yet, I find that I can't let go and keep on surging pregnancy websites.

Any comments?

Hi mummies here,

Just realise that this thread exist.

I need some advice here.

For christian mummies, do u put your kids in christian based playschool ?

hii all
can i join this thread?
i'm a mommy of 2, one is 7 months old and the older one is 3 going to 4 years old
i'm from NCC

hi, i'm looking for a christian maid to take care of my 4 yr old... if any of u intend to trf yr maid, pls PM me. tks.

hello! am also from NCC, with a 2 month old baby girl! am looking for a christian nanny to look after my baby after going back to work, in the west area. Any recommendations?

wah..chanced upon this thread when i was lookin for nursery - christian one..
any mums know of any christian nurseries or how to find out near my place in boon lay?
please let me know..thanks.

hi mummies

I am new here. I have a 14 mos girl and will be a SAHM come july. Currently still a FTWM but serving my notice until end June.

I hope to hear from you all soon.

Hi,

Anybody interested in AMK methodist church fund raising fun fair on 15 Aug 09, 10 - 4pm ?

I have some coupons ($4 - $6) to be given away. If interested, pls send SAE to my address or may collect from my blk if you stay around sembawang.

As the fun fair is on next Saturday, your SAE prefer to reach me latest by Tuesday.

Appreciate sincere mummy who really can make it to the fun fair, and not collect and see first.

Kindly PM with subject title "AMK Church fun fair". Thanks.

Hi.

I am looking for a christian nanny staying near home (Redhill, bukit merah, telok blangah).I have a 6months old baby. If you know of anyone interested, pls call me at 90236467. Thanks and God bless!

Mdm Teo

hi mummies,

i am a christian mummy staying in kovan...just received Christ in Feb this year.. my life have totally changed !! my natural circumstances is actually "worsen" but i have not feel such peace before... Our god is a good god!!!
i am attending NCC .. it is a good church ..feel so free after each sermon...
but my hubby is a pre-believer.. will drive us to church most of the sundays but refused to go with me.. but i am ok...i cast all my cares about his salvation on my Lord Jesus ..coz he cares for me and will see to the salvation of my household.. hope to hear from u, mummies..
Shalom to all of you n families
happy.gif

Mummies,

Please help!

I am not able to get this out of my mind. I am a christian mummy with one daughter only. She is already in p1 and I have been praying and praying for a 2nd child. In 2008, I suffered two miscarraiges and I have not been able to conceive since. I have cried out to God upteem times but there seems to be no answer.

I feel resentful whenever I go to church and i see the many christian families with 3 to 4 kids. Why doesn't God want to bless me???? What is wrong with me wanting another child?

I have been seeing a TCM doctor but to no avail. My husband is not open to doing an IUI or IVF as he feels embarrassed to have his sperms tested.

My life for the last 6 years has been a nightmare. After I gave birth to my girl, I went into depression because my husband lost his job and we felt terribly financially tight at that point in time. Both of us had unstable jobs and our careers were going nowhere. I felt very angry with him as most of my other girlfriends have husbands doing very very well. We quarelled like crazy.

In 2007, things got better and for various reasons, we decided to try for another child or rather I should say I started to feel one child is not enough.Unfortunately, I contrated hyper-thyroid. In 2008, thats when I managed to conceive but it ended in two miscarriages. Its been a long time but I still can' accept the fact that I will have only one child. It's driving my husband and child nuts and driving me nuts as well. If this continues, I will be back to see the psychiatrist.

I really really need prayer for peace and a closure. I will appreciate all advise.

You may PM to my email at [email protected]. Really appreciate all inputs.

helloo xmas baby why not join us at ivf christian mum to be.. we struggle also with what u are facing..i also have a son for 7 yrs before i have a pair of ivf twins.. struggle big time so join us there..

dear christian mummies,

I have a 3 yr old son and just lost my second baby at 16 weeks. I read some of your posts and I'm searching for a miscarriage support group for christian mummies. Am interested to find out more from you all and see how we can support one another. I realise many people have miscarriages but there's so little support out there.

Hey YummyMum, xmasbaby, care to meet up for lunch? Where do you ladies stay? I'm from NCC and I've a 3 yr old daughter who's pretty anti-social and I'm hoping to meet mummies so she could also interact with other kids while mummies chat
happy.gif
Not sure if CG and Shannon are still checking this thread but would be great to meet up with fellow New Creationers!

Hi Lextine777,

Sure would love to meet up! I stay in the holland area and am actually considering whether to attend NCC
happy.gif
Let me know when is a good time to meet up!

Back