Choa chu kang mummy club

Hi Jo,

Then she'll have a hard time co's she got no others to look after his centre when she's not around.

Hi Straqian,

Yes, they're other teachers to help up too. Like yesterday my son just only want one of the teacher to carry him so she carry my son into the centre. Later on Emma take over co's she know teachers need to handle their own class. I heard Teacher Yana also very good, she's transferring from Jurong East branch, next year she's teaching N1.

So when are you going to register your son?

Hi Snowball,

I also stay at Regent Grove. Are we neighbour??? Kekekeke...........

The satay at the CCK Park is very yummy! I 2nd the idea to go there! It's very near my hse
happy.gif

Hi Straqian,

May I know where is Mulberry chidcare centre?? How much is the fee? currently my girl in Agape the fee $600 after SSD.

Mocha,
Agape is also one good CC that i like. After subsidary $600? I thought one of the mummy said they have raised the price? But i think they dont have full CC for 18mths...they only have 3 hrs playgroup right?

The Mulberry cc is last time Wharton Junior Academy at the CCK stadium (swimming pool)

Hi KC,

Ya, last time is Wharton Junior Academy @ CCK Sport Complex but now Mulberry Learning have take over.

Hi Mocha,

Mulberry fee is $630 (promotion rate) after subsidiary. The promotion rate you need to check with Emma whether it'll least till when.

jf,
Luckily you only paid the reg fee of $70. But I already paid for everything leh.. $2K in total. Reg Fees + 1-mth fees as deposit + 1st month CC fees + uniforms. So if I pull out now sure will kena from hub lor. Cos would hv wasted $$ on the uniforms. Then hor.. dun tink the school will release so easily. MOst prob will still need to give the 1-mths notice. Haiz... too troublesome.

That time I too kan cheong to register for Kinderland cos I was wait-listed for sssoo long. So once they called with vacancy I quickly take the offer. Moreover Kinderland is my 1st choice cos it's only 5-mins walk from home. MOre convenient in case I need my maid to send or fetch my gal.

Mocha,
I heard Agape is not bad leh. I tink your gal is going thru separation anxiety and this is a normal reaction. Was she at home with you all these while before going CC? If yes, then she may be 'rejecting' this new arrangement as she finds the change terrifying. In addition, I find how we mommies handle them going to CC also plays a huge part in their adapbility. If you yourself are fretful and cry when sending her into CC, then your child will take it as a sign that CC is a terrible place. But if mommy behaves like it's normal, point out many happy children going there, shower her with kisses and praise her for being a good child, that they sssoo big and can go school already, the child will react positively too and start to look forward to school. Give her time to settle down. 1 week is too soon to establish the true cause of her anxiety. Continue to talk to her and monitor her. HTH's.

Hi Dymples,

You're right, you need to give one month notice if you have paid full.

Year 2002
1. Dymples - Girl:Nov 02 (behind Lot 1)
2. KC - Boy: 02 (Blk 562)

Year 2004
1. Dymples - Girl:Aug 04
2. Jo - Boy: May 04 (Blk 786)

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005
2. Jf - Girl : Dec 05

Year 2006
1. Cutebaby77 - Boy: May 2006 (Regent Grove)
2. Snowball32 - Girl : Oct 2006 (Regent Grove)

Year 2007
1. straqian - Boy : 07

Year 2008
1. Snowball - Girl: Apr08
2. Jo - Boy: May08
3. Jeraldin - Boy: Sep08
4. KC - Boy: Oct08
5. Dymples - Girl: Nov08
6. Jf - Girl: Dec08
7. Jacelyn - Boy: Jan 08

Year 2009
1. Jacelyn - Girl: Oct09

Hi Cutebaby77,

Oh, you also stay in Regent Grove....maybe we have met before but do not know each other lah :p

Hi Mocha,

My DD1 is also with Agape since Sep. She has just been promoted to N2. My DD1 was with their PG for 13 mths b4 I got her transferred to fullday CC. My DD1 settled in comfortably within 1 mth with the CC and so far she enjoyed her CC.

What your DD is going thro' is separation anxiety. Give her more time to adapt before you change another CC which is actually not advisible.

When I sent my DD1 to CC, I was with her for 1/2 day on the 1st day until their nap time. I fetched her home at ard 4pm. On 2nd/ 3rd day, I left her after about 1-hr and fetched her home ard 4pm. I called her teacher at naptime to check her progress. Her teachers reassured me that she is ok. On 4th day, I sent her to CC and left her there, altho' she cried, kissed her goodbye and reassure her that we will fetch her back in the evening. I called her principal after about 1-hr and was told that she stopped crying after a while and is doing fine.

Like what Dymples said, actually, the CC teachers/ principal can handle the kids better without our presence. We also cannot panic and start crying with the child.

Give yourself and your daughter sometime and I believe she will adapt.

Hi KC,

The principal at Agape is starting to recruit yr 2008 babies. Currently, there will only be 2 yr 2008 babies, my DD1's classmate's sister and my DD2 who will join next mth. Principal told me that both yr 2008 kids will join the N1 class (with 1 additional teacher to look after them) until the CC has recruited 6 toddlers before the principal will transfer them to a separate PG class.

The fees of $600 after Subsidy is after the fee increase. They used to charge $800 (after suby) for N1 and $700 for N2 to K2. Since Oct'09, they standardise the fees to $900 for all levels.

Ya, ya....CCK park is the one with the Muslim Resturant. The place always seemed very packed on evenings leh. Food there good huh?

Hi KC,

Yes they have increase the price but becos I registered my girl early this year in Aug so they say i still enjoy the old fee and this $600 is additional of enrichment class for english speech and drama. Now my girl is in their Nusery 1 class fullday childcare.

Hi CuteBaby77,
Thanks for your infor. I will find out more by dropping by to the childcare centre.

Hi Dymples,
My girl all the while are taking care by nanny, but she is very independant and she can easily blent in to other very fast. So when I saw the reaction she have after going to school I was shock. She was happily going to the school for the first day, never cry when we left her to the CCC, but at the end of the first day she start to cry when her daddy go to bring her back. Somemore her face was being scratch by other girl in the class...haiz! I do not know how to go on cos when she cry every nite i feel so miserable for her.

Hi Snowball32,

Yes, In the first day I should stay in for my girl so that she would not feel unsecure, but becos I am working and the 1st day was taken care by her daddy so we think she is ok, and she didnot cry so we just left her. What is your girl name? my girl is call You Tong. Today my girl didnot go to Agape cos she have fever and she donot want to drink any milk of water at all.So I think better let her take a day of rest in nanny place rather than let her going to the childcare centre.

Mocha,
Looks like your girl got frightened by the other girl who scratched her face. Poor thing... must be so shocking for your gal to kena scratched on the 1st day. Guess that's why she getting the night mares? Have you spoken to the teacher about the incident? How did they handle it? Also, maybe can find out if the other girl is the class 'bully'?

Meanwhile, comfort your girl and talk to her. Ask her what happen, etc. But dun over react and start to cry too. Although the situation can be serious, make light of it in front of your toddler cos they son't understand if you get all hot and bothered or worse start crying. They'll start to tink it's their own fault that mommy is angry and crying... thus making your tot feel even worse. By acting happy, you are teaching your child to handle adversity in a calm manner.

I find that after such 'hit' or 'bite' incidents in CC, I will talk to my girl in soft tones and have like a 'happy' voice. This helps to re-assure my girl that it's ok to tell mommy... tat mommy is not angry with her. When she starts to open up and complain about her classmate, then I'll pretend to increase my voice tone abit more and I'll say: "Aiyohz... why that girl ssoo naughty! Mommy beat beat her okie?" Then I'll pretend to beat the pillow (softly lah). Usually that will elicit laughter from her. Then I'll ask her: "You want mommy to tell the teacher? Ask the teacher to scold the naughty girl okie?" If she says ok, I'll follow her 'instructions' and complain to the teacher in front of my girl the next day whe I send her in. But if she says 'no', then I'll only speak to the teacher 'behind' her back, either after she walks into the class or by calling the school.

P/S: Sorry for this 'lor soh' explanation.

Hi Dymples,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

I think I should have accompany my girl for her 1st day in school so that she don't feel insecure.
Then secondly when we fatched her back in the 1st day she throw her tantrum and we scolded her very badly and even punish her wih a cane.
So now i feel very gulity that never understand her feeling that she feeling so miserable in school for the first day and even punished her when she just want to get our attention when she is with us.

Hi Mocha,

My gal's name is Tan Jing Yi. There is another gal named Lim Jing Yi in her class. If you follow this forum, my gal was bitten by a newly recruited N1 student on Monday.

But, my gal took it quite well and told teacher about it. When I asked her in the evening what happened to the gal who bite her, she told me that teacher punished her and put her on the naughty chair. I agree with a smile that since the gal has been punished, is she still angry with her....she told me "No" as she has been punished. I also praised her that she did the right thing.

It could be the same gal whom bite my DD1. I'll go feedback to the principal when I fetch my DD later.

Yes, do feedback to Miss Ho - the principal to monitor that naughty gal. She has to do something if she continues to bully pple in the class. I also get worried as my DD2 will join the N1 class next mth until they can get 6 toddlers to form 1 PG class.

DO NOT scold/ cane your daughter. That will frighten her even more. Do talk to her nicely and ask her about nice things she did a CC during the day. That will make her think of happy things and feel more at ease and want to go to school.

Haven't been in here for some time.. i went down to mulberry to register on wed already.... Emma did tell us about the PN gathering in Jan.. so now will wait for more details...

em.. on the wavier for the registration.. didn't hear her mentioning it though... shall see how bah... anyway we just paid the deposit...

My son should be starting on 1st April 2010.. coz he is a late sept baby... so can't join in the beginning of MARch ... hiaz my nanny can only care for him till end feb... so going to have a headache for March already....

anyway i think its a good idea to meet up .. especially for the 2008 babies so when they go CC in future.. they will be more comfortable since they are already friends!! hahaha

oh by the way... i stay at bukit panjang...

let me know when you gals wanna meet up for the play date for 2008 babies... =)

as for play date for year 2008 babies, will it be jan 10? let's meet up on saturday morning!

does CCK park has place for the babies walking here and there?

oops dymples

just read back the posts and saw that you will be on duty on saturday.... ok, then we can meet on sunday afternoon...so any shelter at CCK park?

dymples

earlier i have typed the post and tot i have posted guess i was too busy and didn't post...

actually i have invited all my son's classmates to his 5th birthday party at build a bear, his friends are nice to him after the party.... but only for a while.... hahahhaha but they can recognise me and my hubby when we pick/send my son to childcare... one even asked when/where are we going to have party next year.... hahaha

Dymples.
I see. If I were you, I also wouldn't withdraw after paying $2K+, lugi too much! I was similarly gan cheong as you, as I was in the shortlist since last year, so once they told me got vacancy, I immediately agree to take it up.
Btw are you staying at Blk 3xx?

CCK park.. shelter is at the restaurant lor, besides satay, they sell halal zi char dishes. Oh yes, cck park is one of the few places that has sand playground.

Jo,jf, KC, Snowball, mommies,
I'm ok with meeting on certain Saturday monrings as I'm on alternate Saturday duty. Sunday afternoons also can. CCK park sounds good... we can even go to the muslim Zi-Char for makan? *yum-yum* I like their satay and seafood hor fun.

jf,
Acutally I'm staying at The Warren condo. heheheh... How about you? You also staying behind Lot 1?

Jo,
Children are like that... but overall they also won't really go and bully your boy lah. Cos they will want to attend the next party mah. *lolz*

Hi Jf/ Dymples,

I also paid almost $2k when I confirmed the place for my DD1 with her CC. Actually, no point withdrawing if also paid so much. What you can do is to let your child start with Kinderland. If after 1 mth, really dun like then give 1mth notice lor....the advance fee paid can be used to offset the fee during notice period.

Hi Jo,

I brought my DDs to attend my fren's daughter birthday party yesterday. My DD1 enjoyed it very much....She was so envious of the birthday gal wearing the princess dress....think she will ask for a birthday bash next year liao....faintz.

Tze Char at the Muslim rest....yummy...are they open for lunch?

Hi Jf/Dymples,

Yup, agreed with Snowball. Try out Kinderland & see whether any improvement on their programme, service, caregiver...etc. If really not up to your standard then consider whether to change to Mulberry or not.

Hi straqian,

Have you register your child to Mulberry? When is your child 1st day at Mulberry?

Hi snowball32,

Today I didnot send my girl to the childcare cos her condition is very bad. Now she have heavy flu and cough and her nightmare still contiune at nite. I notice that she have changes completely after the childcare as she was so worry that we will leave her even when we went to my mum which we went evey weekend, she was so worried that we will leave her when we just work out from the room to the dinning room, she will start to cry and shout that please don't leave her.
Previously she was not like that, she can stay in my mum house and i can go out to buy things...

Therefore I think I need to let her settle down before going to school again.

Hi Mocha,

I spoke to my DD1's teacher and also the N1's class English teacher about the girl who likes to scratch. They told me that they are aware & is keeping her away from other kids. They have also spoken to her parents. That girl is also new and probably, she is doing it to "protect" herself.

For your DD, do talk to her nicely. Tell her about the nice things about CC and how she can have many new friends to play with. You may also want to talk to the Principal if you are too concerned.

Hi Cutebaby77,

So how was your son doing? Does he still cry in the morning?

<font color="ff0066"> Good Morning Mommies...</font>

snowball, cutebaby,
Yah... I will proceed with Kinderland and try out. Hopefully they hv improved on their services, processes, etc. Becos since my gal will be in their K2 class, dun feel like changing CC for her... if not, this will be CC #4 since she started at 18-months. *faintz* Only for CC #1 I changed her cos due to unhappiness with the CC. The rest is due to shifting of house &amp; other committments. Everytime I change her school, she will try her hardest to adapt... but I so heartpain cos become like so disruptive on her.

Mocha,
Oh dear... sounds like your gal has had a bad experience due to the gal scratching then by your scolding &amp; caning her. Yes.. do let her stay away from CC for time being. Meanwhile, shower her with lots more attention n love. After she begins to feel more secure, can talk about sending her to CC again. But I'm not sure whether she will want to go back to the old CC cos that may bring back bad memories. Maybe a change in CC and more "happy, loving actions" from you n hub will help her ease into CC lifestyle. *good luck*

Hi Snowball,

Yesterday he didn't cry co's he know got pyjamas party by watching “SHREK” movie, somemore Emma really bring in the popcorn car into the centre &amp; cook the popcorn for the kids to eat.

Now he's looking forwards for the outing to Singapore Flyer at this Thu.

Today he did cry again but Emma carry him in. Maybe he still need abit more time to adapt. But my huz &amp; I very gald that he told us he like this school &amp; teachers. At least Mulberry teachers will info us how's my son doing in the centre &amp; in comm book they also updates what time he pass motion. Last time i never have this updates before.

Mocha,

Did you ever ask/talk to your gal why she's so scare to go CC?

Hi Snowball32,

I have spoken to Miss Ho regarding my ah girl condition and she agree that should let my ah girl settle down first, moreover she is sick now so is not so good to let her to go to CC and spread the virus. Cos now she already spread her virus to our whole family and all of us get sick now.

Hi Dymples,

I am not sure I want to let her go back to the same CC again cos if after she settle down then I let her go again and then if she cannot adapt then everything back to square one and we will have a hard time again. I am thinking of letting her to just go to those 2 hrs nursary class. Cos I find that she scare to sleep in "other" place, somemore in CC she is not with us and she feel that after she sleep may be something will happen to her.

Hi cutebaby77,

Yes we ask her what she scare she say daddy send her to CC then daddy go away liao. And mummy send her to CC and mummy disappear, she cannot find mummy.....
sad.gif

Hi Mocha,

When both of you send your gal for 1st day CC, did you or your huz hug &amp; assure that both of you will come back to fetch her?

When 1st day of CC, we hug him tightly &amp; assure him that we'll fetch him. My son also scare to sleep at CC co's he said will have bad people com into CC to caught them, but we told him that no bad people will go into CC &amp; door is lock, so is safe &amp; we won't left you there. We also told him that he go to CC is to learn. Infront of him, we told him this is school, never mentioned is CCC. Now he change to Mulberry also didn't sleep, keep chatting with his good friend. After 1 hr chat with his friend fall asleep but he still awake. Hehehe........ so no choice the teacher bring him out &amp; follow the teacher. We always tell him positive thing about CCC &amp; teachers.

Hi Mocha,

Good to let her recover before she goes back to the CC.

Yes, agree with Cutebaby, I never tell my DD that she is going CC. I tell her that she is going to big school (previously from PG which she call that small school) as she is now a big girl. Give her a warm hug and assure her that we will fetch her back.

I learnt from friends and forums and from own experience, never sneak away while the child is unaware, this will give them the feeling they are being abondoned and felt even more insecure. I actually gave her a tight hug and tell her I will fetch her when I come back from work.

She was quite teary in the 1st few days but, cried only a while only.

Kids will usually stick to 1 teacher for a while when they start in a new environment. My DD1 stick to her English teacher, Teacher Joy, whom always hug her and bring her by her side. Teacher Joy actually told my DD1 that Mummy goes to work while she attend school and Mummy will bring her home later. That gave her some comfort.

In fact, it is the same when you send her to 2/3-hr PG. When I first sent my DD1 to 3-hr PG when she was 21 mths old, I was with her for the 1st hr on 1st day &amp; left her there on the 2nd day. The time to get used to the routine differs from kid to kid.

Hi Cutebaby - My DD1 is the opposite of your DS. She fell asleep during naptime on the very 1st day when her teacher pat her....Thereafter, she got no pblm with napping since. I let her bring her comfort pillow. So, I guess that helps.

Hi Snowball,

Ya agreed, never sneak away while the child is not aware.

I did bring a pillow &amp; his love soft toy for him to hug but still don't work on him. Maybe when he grow older he'll use to sleep at CCC.

snowball, cutebaby,
I paid $70+ to secure a place, at most lugi $70+ lor, so still not so 'heartpain' to withdraw. Last year December I couldn't find a suitable ccc as I was on waiting list at Kinderland. Then this year, still can't find a suitable one.. sigh

Dymples,
I'm at your neighbouring condo.. hee..

Hi jf,

Ya, lugi $70 still ok &amp; still haven't purchase their uniform.

Btw, your elder gal is at which CCC? When are you going to register your youngest gal to Mulberry?

Hi JF,

Aiya...$70 is ok lah.

Hey, my DD1 still classified under the old CC fees structure as she was recruited in Sep 09 (just 1mth b4 the new fees kicked in). So, effectively for next year, we are paying $200 lesser ($700 i/o $900)
happy.gif

Hi Snowball32,
In the 1st and 2nd day when I send her to school after that I did quitely walk away cos her daddy is there and in the 3rd day i send her to school then i did say mummy going to work and antie(her nanny) will come and bring her back. Because I am not able to fatch her back in the evening becos it will be very late so i ask her nanny to fatch her at 5.30 and have dinner in nanny place.
After reading the experience u all have, i think may be because I sneak away for the first 2 day that cos her feel so insecure....
sad.gif

Hi Mocha,

Nevermind, what has been done, has been done. Let your DD settle down and recuperate well first.

Kids will usually forget about things that happended very fast unless it has great impact on them.

In fact, I learnt from friends that it is quite common for kids who just went to CC, to have nightmares and lost of appetite for a few weeks. Lucky for me, both did not happen to my DD1.

Recap with her the nice things she did at the CC. Encourage her that she will get to sing songs and play with lotsa friends. She will eventually come to terms and willingly go to the CC. My gal likes the gymplay and outdoor playground. I made use of that to encourage to go school initially.

It is also important to monitor her when you bring her back from CC. For me, I check for cuts/ scratches/ bruises everyday when I change my DD into her pyjamas and ask her if I find any bruises/ scratches. If she tell me it is done by her CC friends and no feedback from teacher, I will feedback to the principal/ teacher.

I also tell her that shd anyone bully her, just tell her teacher. Just like the biting case, she has already put the matter behind her and now still happily goes to the CC.

snowball,
lucky for you to save $200!

cutebaby,
my elder girl is at 3 hrs kindy near yew tee mrt, and my younger gal is Dec08 baby, so will only be 18mths in jun10, still many mths before she can go to ccc lei..

hi

any mummies going mulberry this saturday? i have not received any leaflet from mulberry leh... i will open letter box today.

anyway i am having headache as it is time to register primary school for my elder son next year.

i prefer DLS but the balloting for phase 2C chance is so slim.... so sian....

i am even thinking to rent a place at toh yi drive to register pei hua.... pei hua vs DLS, which one is better?

thanks

Hi Jo,

My cousin enrolled his DD in Concord Pri - no balloting this year.

This year, a few schools in Yew Tee area needs balloting - DLS, Yee Tee Pri, Unit Pri, South View.

I heard Pei Hua also hot leh.....U may 1 to consider to sign up as PV with the Pri Sch you wanna enrol your DS1?

For me, we gotta shift back East if I wanna put my DDs in my former school. I still got 3 yrs to think about it....heee heee

*¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♥ ♥ ♥We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...And A Happy New Year ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...

Hi mummies, am staying near Yew Tee as well! Didn't know there is so many '08 babies! My boy is born on Aug 08, am planning to send him in cc maybe when he is 2 yrs old.

Just went to visit My 1st Skool-NTUC, Mulberry &amp; Acework. Really like Mulberry environment &amp; the space but ex leh! My hub not very keen cos of the fees... Hmm.. NTUC is not bad but one teacher was quite rude when I was waiting for the principal so that left a not so good impression. But the classroom is very bright &amp; airy &amp; I like that they do not have TV there...

Anyone has any reviews on My 1st Skool?

Merry X'mas to all CCK mummies!

any mummies going to Mulberry's open house later today?

Hi Storeberry
my son is in my 1st skool now, yes, agree the place is very clean esp the toilets, I was very impressed when I went to check out the school. The curriculum for PN is more on motor skills than academic so depends on what you're looking for and the fees is very reasonable.

hi storeberry

i donno about My 1st Skool leh... but i only know the infant care is always full ;-)

straqian

i went to mulberry's open house today and bought the discounted uniform before the promotion end ;-p

oh as for the registration fees, emma told me she will only waive it during the open house... as she is very concern about parents who registered earlier (they have paid the registration fees).

storeberry.. haha you should have ask me!! =)

anyway jo.. checked with you... with regards to the registration fee... you only pay when they start school issit?? coz i registered my son already for March 2009 but only paid 1 month school fee as deposit though...

can enlighten me??

Thanks straqian, PM you!

Jo, so you went open house today?
happy.gif

Jeraldin, keke... cos I want to visit 1st before asking you then won't have skewed viewpoint.. Then after visiting, I became more confused.. haha! I will have to discuss with hubby again. One bthing about Mulberry is that is quite far from my house, if my MIL gonna fetch my son then she has to walk quite a distance..

Back