Choa chu kang mummy club

hi jeraldin

i also paid the deposit late nov 09 but today emma 'waived' my registration lor cos she did not charge me registration when i paid for the uniforms... do u wan to confirm with emma?

they have open house tomorrow too.

today one playgroup boy sign up and will join playgroup in feb 10 :)

hi jo
I bought the uniforms too, good bundle price!
oh, so the registration fee waiver is cos of open house...I thought emma waived it cos i mentioned your name
happy.gif

I need to call up the bus operator to check out the rates, hope it's not too X.

Hi storeberry
i've replied your PM.

straqian

wow u were still awake at 2am plus???

actually i tot emma will waive for forum mummies and open house (when i spoke to her few weeks ago) but yesterday i saw one mummy signed up but got to pay registration fees (earlier i told her emma will waive registration fees) so i checked with emma then she said she will only waive during the open house.

yesterday i went, not many people visited their open house leh....

hi jo
hee..i only get to logon when my son sleeps
sad.gif

ya, when i went for the open house, i also didn't see many people, quite surprised acutally. So no one looked at the flyer...I also got to know abt the open house thru this forum, didn't even see the flyer at all.

I thought when u sign up during the open house, registration fees is waived? how come that mummy is paying for the registration?

did they managed to get 3 kids for PN? Or will your son be joining my son's class? is he starting on 4 jan as well? will u be at the school?

hi storeberry
yup, i'm changing to mulberry. how's your CCC hunt?

hi straqian

same here, i only get to logon when my sons sleep... but i can't 'dong' until 2am plus... the most midnight or 1am.

donno leh... maybe emma did not state that the registration fees is waived on the flyer... so only waive when i asked her about it...

my son will join in jan 10, another boy will join in feb 10 and i think another one or two will join in mar 10... so i think they will split the class latest by mar 10 kwa...

so my son will be your son's classmate for 3 months.... heehee yes he will start on 4 jan....

just to share... especially all children go to excursion and leave only one or two children

- Every child care centre should ensure that there is at least a staff trained in first aid at all times
during the centre's operational hours.
- Every child care centre should ensure that there is a minimum of two staff on the premises when
more than one child is present in the centre.

Happy New Year to every mummies,

Long time didn't login & can see that quite afew have registered with Mulberry Learning. FYI, I also didn't receive any flyer from Mulberry too. Did Emma really send out the flyer or her farmer did not do the work for her.

Hi Jf & Dymples,

Have your kids started at Kinderland already? How's thing going on?

Hi Mocha,

How's your gal now? She still at home or have start going back to Agape CC?

Hi Snowball,

Your no. 2 gal have start at Agape? Everything going fine?

Hi Cutebaby,

How's you son at Mulberry? I think he have been there for almost 1 month already? How's the teacher, did they updates how your son progress?

Hi Jo,

So did you check with Mulberry if any children didn't go for the excursion, will they any first aid trained teacher around?

happy new year everyone!!!

i am staying at cck too
happy.gif
have 1 girl 07 and 1 boy 09 and added myself to the list below...

Year 2002
1. Dymples - Girl:Nov 02 (behind Lot 1)
2. KC - Boy: 02 (Blk 562)

Year 2004
1. Dymples - Girl:Aug 04
2. Jo - Boy: May 04 (Blk 786)

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005
2. Jf - Girl : Dec 05

Year 2006
1. Cutebaby77 - Boy: May 2006 (Regent Grove)
2. Snowball32 - Girl : Oct 2006 (Regent Grove)

Year 2007
1. straqian - Boy : 07
2. duckeroo - Girl: Sept 07

Year 2008
1. Snowball - Girl: Apr08
2. Jo - Boy: May08
3. Jeraldin - Boy: Sep08
4. KC - Boy: Oct08
5. Dymples - Girl: Nov08
6. Jf - Girl: Dec08
7. Jacelyn - Boy: Jan 08

Year 2009
1. Jacelyn - Girl: Oct09
2. duckeroo - boy: Oct

tml is my girl's first day at sheffield kidsworld. so am very gan cheong. wonder if any mommy got advice to give for starting 1st day at ccc? do i need to prepare any "bribes" for the staff and children?
happy.gif

anyway sheffield kidsworld only $300/mth aft subsidy and their programme seems not bad too. crossing my fingers and hope everything will turn out well tml
happy.gif

WoooHoo...!!!! First Day back at School!!

I'm sssooo happy... hahahahahha... Whew! Relieved! But then again... *headache* cos here we go again with all the homework lah... assignments & projects lah. *lolz*

My girls go to school macham I'm the one cos most of the time, end up is mommy doing the 'work' for them. *faintz*
biggrin.gif

How's everyone here??

worrymum,

My girl 1st day at KinderLand today! Just send her in the morning. She so cute lor. Early in the morning she ownself get up, bathe and changed to her uniform. Then wait for daddy to get ready to send her. Before going to school, she came to my bedroom and kissed me. hahahahah... really big girl liaoz.

Mulberry,
Most likely I'll arrange to go down for 'Site Inspection' either this coming saturday or next saturday. Any mommies here keen to join in?

Duckeroo,
Welcome! Oh... your girl going to Sheffield? Means you staying near to Lot 1 also?

Hi Worrymum,

Since last Wed my son didn't cry already co's all the teacher really work hard to let my son feel secure in the CC's. Especially her class Teacher really put in her effort to understand how's my son sleeping habbit & now at least he can sleep 1 1/2 hrs.

The English teacher did go thru what have he learn from previous CC's & will revise those back log that he don't know. At least the teacher will ensure that what have been teached at N1 must be understand/recognise co's they'll be tested individually. Previous CC always told me that it's ok if he don't understand all since beginning of the year till he withdraw co's they got a concept that N2 will repeat again.

Hi Dymples,

So now you're looking for CC for your youngest gal?

Hello all CCK Mummies,

Happy New Year 2010 to all of you
happy.gif

Hi Worrymum,

My #2 start with Agape CC today. I was wifh her the whole morning. Let her eat her lunch in the CC before I bring her home. I intend to let her go tomorrow or on Wed. Will start her with 1/2 day the 1st 2 weeks. Will let her start fullday CC in week 3 onwards when she is more familarised with the environment.

Seemed that my MIL is having "withdrawal syndromes". She keep asking me to let my #2 got 1/2 day can liao. haizzz

Hi Cutebaby - Good to hear that your DS is no longer crying and taking his nap. He will be better able to concentrate and learn more. Can sense that he likes this CC, ya?

Hi Dymples - Your girl is really a sensible girl
happy.gif

Hi Snowball,

Ya, can see that my son like this CC more co's he less throwing tantrum when he reach home. Last time everyday cry/shout & last for 1 whole year. The most blessing is so far no bruise/scratch on his leg/hand.

All the while is your MIL taking care of your #2, right. So she must be feeling lonely & miss her voice when your #2 in CC. I think she also needs time to adjust & get use to it too. Last time my mum also miss my son badly when he's 1st at CC.

hi mummies,

long long time didnt come in. Will add myself to the list.

Year 2002

Year 2004

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005

Year 2006
3. Jappooh - Boy: Feb 2006

Year 2007

Year 2008
8. Jappooh - Boy: Dec 08

Year 2009

duckeroo,

my elder boy is in sheffield kidsworld too. He is in N2 today. Intend to send my younger one there in Sept.

Hi Cutebaby77,

Yalor....but, think I very cruel lah...told my MIL that her CC do not have 1/2 day prog. So, my DD2 will be in fullday CC after next 2 weeks.

Hi Mocha,

I saw your DD today at the CC. She is ok, cry abit only. She is a sweet girl
happy.gif

Hi Worrymum77 - I also did not receive the flyer from Mulberry about the open house. Only received an SMS on the day of open house....maybe the farmers really din do their job. U also registering your child with Mulberry?

Hi Jo,

For my DD's CC, Parents are informed beforehand of the field trips and have to respond if they are still sending their kids (not joining the field trips) to CC. The CC make sure that there is some caregiver ard to look after kids who did not join in the field trips.

Hi Snowball,

Sometime is no choice, told her only have fullday then she won't have any hope. We just want our child to learn more too. Hehehe......

Hi cutebaby,
That great, your son have get use to Mulberry. So you'll have less worry.

Hi Snowball,
My child is at MMI. So far still ok
happy.gif

Hi Dymples,
That great, your gal really very independent. So you don't need to worry liao. Somemore this year is K2. So how does your gal find Kinderland? Does she like it?

Hi cutebaby,

My son born in 06 and he joined Mulberry in Dec 09. The first 2 weeks I put him on half day, he enjoys himself. I did follow them for the field trip to the Singapore Flyer. What's your boy name?
On the third week, I tried him for full day. And he fell sick on the third day. He started having fever before Christmas and now still in hospital. Fever for almost 2 weeks, doc now doing deep investigation on him. I did checked with Mulberry if there's any child sick during that time, but they told me no. Cos I suspect he could have got the virus there. Anyway now I just hope doc can find out what wrong with him.

Hi Serene,

My son name is Edan. How about yours? Ya, my son also enjoys himself at Mulberry.

My son 1st day is on 1st Dec 09, till now he is ok. Poor thing, so your son have been discharged from hospital or still at hospital under observation?

cutebaby

Oh Edan, I saw him before. My son name is Ronnald. He still in hospital under observation. Hopefully he can join the class next week or so.

Is your son on full or half day? Are you going to let him join Gym Kids?

Are you kenn to join the parent volunteering work?

Hi Serene,

Did the doctor advice you when will the report out? Have your son fever subside? Hopefully to see your son soon. Maybe they can be good friend too.

My son is full day at CC. How about yours? The Gym Kids is for every N2 kids. Only swimming is optional. When you saw him, is he very restless & talkative.......hehehe...........

I didn't join in the volunteering work co's usually i got other commitment at evening. Did you join?

His temp always goes up in the evening. Normal blood test shows infection, another test result not out yet.
Recently headach, parent-in-law problem, maid problem son sick , me and hubby also sick. Very tired.

Oh I thought gym kid is optional.
Thinking of helping out cos I'm a sahm mum and would also like to get to know what's going on in centre.

You have how many children. R u working or staying at home.

Hi Worrymum77,

So you shd not have worries now that your DS is settling well into the CC.

Hi Cutebaby,

I agree with you that teachers' involvement is very impt to get a child adapt well into CC.

Hi Serene,

Oh dear, hope that your son's fever has subsided? It is imperative that a child gets sick in the midst of adjusting to a CC environment. My DD1 caught all sorts of "virus" during her 13-mth PG/PN preschool before I switched her to fullday CC - HFMD, suspected H1N1 case, persistent cough/ runny nose, etc. My DD1 has been to fullday CC more than 4 mths now, she was only on MC for 1 day for fever. What is impt is that you build up his immunity along the way to help him fight those virues.

My DD's CC will circulate memos to inform parents of any contagious virus spreading around. Just like last mth, my DD's class has a case of stomach flu, we immediately received a memo from the CC about the case and precautionary actions taken by the centre.

If you are too concerned, you should talk to the CC's principal.

Hi Serene,

No, gym kids is included in the fee already. I'm a FTWM. I only got 1 child. How about you, you got how many kids?

So another blood test will be out by this week? Hoepfully the doctor could find out what happen ASAP.

Agreed with Snowball, CC got all sort of virus so we must build up our child immunity system.

Snowball,

Ya, teacher need to be patience too. Somemore my son is those type that's very restless, the class teacher really need to teach him how to focus. I always will got complaint from his English teacher. Hehehehe.......... Now they still working hard to correct him.

cutebaby

One kid only, already very tired. And also during last 4 mths of my preg had to stay in bed. A bite phobia of another preg esp now have a boy to take care. Anyway trying for second one but after one year still no result. Considering if want to consult gyne about this or let nature take it own course loh.

Snowball,

How abt u? R u working? Which cc is your kid in?

Hi all mummies

Any of you had any comment in regards to Tulip Montessori. Other than this sch, any montessori sch around CCK area where they proivde 3 hour prog.

Worrymum,
When I fetch my gal home yesterday, she was very happy. hahahah... the teachers told me she is a social butterfly. 1st day only but she's already making new friends. When her daddy asked her last night how's school, she replied :"Berry good. I like leh." Then daddy asked how good, she replied :" Berry good. 2 thousand million times berry good." *lolz* hahahaha.... I'm sssoo relieved that she likes it there. Hope this will continue.

Serene,
Oh dear... hope your boy recovers soon. Previously my gals when in CC also fall ill lots of times. Once, #2 even got warded into hospital cos she suddenly got really high fever and severe stomach pain. We panicked when we saw poo in her stools. Straightaway bring her to KKH. They warded her in on suspicion of intestinal intussusception. Had to go thru scans and tons of blood test. Thankfully, she recovered after 4-days in hospital.

Cutebaby,
Glad to hear that your son is enjoying his time at Mulberry. Good that he does not come home with scratches or bruises too.

Hi Serene,

I am also a FTWM. I have 2 gals - 39mths and 21mths. My 2 gals are now with Agape CCK - Blk 789.

Just started my DD2 with CC yesterday. Today, I leave her there after 1hr. When I fetched her at 12noon just noon, she was teary. But, the Principal told me that she wasn't crying when teachers were teaching. She only started crying when the teachers were busy preparing lunch and bathing the other kids. Guess, she felt loss when no teachers are with her.

Tulip Montesorri - I visited this pre-school before. I felt that the fees are too high. Hence, did not short-list this pre-school for my DDs. There is a Ichiban kindergarten near CCK Sports Complex. You can chk that out.

Hi Dymples - So glad to hear your DD likes Kinderland...looks like you will not have much problems
happy.gif

hi all mummies

jus an update - my son has joined mulberry 2 days ago & so far he is coping quite well, didn't cry on the 1st day & the teachers are surprised that he didn't cry also, probably cos he knows i'm around in the school somewhere, ha! Today when I asked him if he prefers the new school or the old school, he said new school. Will go & pick him up later to see how he is.

However, I might have to withdraw him from mulberry cos of some transport issues. The designated bus driver is very irresponsible and couldn't pick my son up. So I have no choice but to withdraw him....wasted time & money, sigh...
sad.gif

snowball and dymples
i have pm u! ;-)

straqian
oh dear... u r pulling out just because of the transport?!?! can u call up other bus transport to check whether they provide bus service from CCK complex to your home?

hi jo

i've tried calling other bus operators but apparently they seem to have "territories" & they can actually tell me the name of the driver serving mulberry & asked me to call him instead. It's actually a monopoly market. No choice.

Hi Serene,

I also phobia to have 2nd baby, whole 9mths stay at home co's keep vomitting & giddy. If both of you really want a 2nd child then should consult your gynae.

Hi Dymples,

That great, your gal likes Kinderland. At least now less 1 worry.

Hi Straqian,

I just worry that if you withdraw your son out from Mulberry he'll be very disappointed. He might not willing to go to other CC or might have a hard time to adapt new CC.

Hi Snowball,

Oh Ya. She is ok in the half day CC now. Only cry abit when going to the CC.
But I wanted to withdraw her from Agape liao cos she only want to go half day and she do not want to stay in the CC for full day. So acutally this 2 day I have let her go to the PCF(PAP) N1 class at blk 608 and she still cry abit . But went she back at home she told me she don't want to go to the PCF N1 class and instead she want to go to Agape CC.
Then I say you cry cry went you go CC then she told me she will be good girl not to cry went she go to the CC. Problem now is she is happy with the half day in the CC but she do not want to stay in the CC for full day because when I say if you go to the CC then you have to sleep there is it ok then she cry again...

Now I really lost..... ???

Hi worrymum,

Ya my girl have go back to Agape CC but now I let her try out the PCF(PAP) N1 class just 2 hours program at blk 608.

But now she like Agape and request to go back to Agape CC but only half day and not full day....

I really don't know what to do now...

Hi Snowball,

Ya, now my son use to the environment but the only problem is the cooking strong smell. But we find that he learn well so just don't care of the cooking smell.

Glad that your no.2 have adapt well at CC too. So you'll be relieved & don't need to worry about CC again.

Hi Serene,

So sad to heard that your son have stay at hospital for 2 weeks already. So have the report out, how the result?

Hi Straqian,

Ya agreed with jo, if only pulling out your son due to transport then abit wasted co's your son can adapt so well at Mulberry. It's hard to get a environment that child like it so much.

Hi Mocha,

If your gal don't go for fullday CC, will they anyone taking care of her? Just my view, I feel that fullday CC will learn more.

Hi Dymples,

Good!!! Your gal adapt well too. So now you need to search CC for your no.2 or also register at Kinderland as the same CC with your no.1?

Hi Cutebaby,

That's great that the teacher can handle well with your son. You also can relieved of searching CC already.

Straqian: Wow, your boy really adaptable! Aiyoo the bus driver sounds bad! For me, I am still looking around for cc but now want to look for those 2-3hrs enrichment class around cck, anyone knows good ones?

I called up Appletree but they cater to 3yr & above kids only...

hi cck mommies,

anyone feeling like me right now.. im soooo tired although im not the one going to school. in fact i seem more tired den my girl
happy.gif
hopefully after this first week end, everything will settle down into a nice routine den i can catch up on some much needed rest. getting ready for school is not easy at all
happy.gif

hi dymples,

actually i stay next to south view pri but i don't like my first skool which is the cc nearest my plc den aft reading the bad comments on kinderland, i decided on sheffield. i read ur previous post and followed ur advice. i gave some "bribe" to the teachers today. hopefully it will work wonders.. keke
happy.gif

hi jappooh

i actually email u before to ask ur comments bout sheffield dunnoe if u rem. anyway so far so gd the sch. my girl doing quite well and she likes it there. i saw the blur blur male teacher u talking bout. he is call alwin right? my girl quite like him cos he played the cooking set with her dat time wen she got upset. i have been going to the sch these few days to observe and seems lik he is more a teacher aide. normally he is the one who carries n take cares of the crying children
happy.gif

hi serene,

hope ur boy feeling beta. anyway u can try grace fields near ten mile junction. i really like that kindy and was going to send my girl there but cant cos my mil cant handle 2 kids at 1 time so got to send my girl to child care instead. if u wan more info just let me know cos i actually visited the sch twice.

hi storeyberry,

like wat i mention above i think u can can try gracefield but not sure if u r looking for a kindy. they offer 3 hrs programme and u can choose to go morn or afternoon session.

hi mummies
*wave*
long time never come in already. seems that most of your kids are at mulberry. i went there for recee during the open house. the place has changed so much compared to wharton. so bright and clean. I like the place, but the fee is at the high side. my gal is currently at amazing star @ blk 511. so far so good.
happy.gif

add mine to the list:
year 2002

Year 2004

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005

Year 2006
4. sunny - gal: Jan 2006 (blk 785)

Year 2007

Year 2008
9. sunny - boy: feb 08

Year 2009

duckeroo

For past one year, my boy was in Tulip Montessori. Recently I just switch him to Mulberry cos the fee is the same and yet the curriculum in Mulberry is much better. I will still put him in Mulberry and place Montessori as an enrichment class for him.

I'm looking for other Montessori classess in CCK area, quite reluctant to put him in Tulip for enrichment.

duckeroo,

so now i remember. The male teacher is call Alvin. YOur gal form teacher is Huachen rite? She is a good teacher. Can control the class well. She is the teacher for my elder boy for the past 1.5yrs. My boy like her so much. She can control the class well.

Hi Mocha,

IC, no wonder I did not see your DD these 2 days. Hmmm, it seems that she is growing to like the CC. Maybe you can consider putting her 1/2 day for the next 1 mth and switch her to fullday care thereafter. This is a transition period where the child is going thro'.

Yesterday, I left by DD2 with the CC after their assembly. She was crying very bitterly. I called the principal after a while to chk out how she was, she told me that she has stopped crying and was walking ard the class with clinking to any teacher. She also ate 1/2 bowl of noodle soup for lunch. But, the moment she sees me when I fetched her after lunch, she started to cry lah.

This morning, she was teary when I sent her there. But, I still kiss her goodbye and left.

I intend to switch her to fullday care after 2 weeks when she is more settled in.

Hi Straqian,

I agree with Cutebaby and Worrymum that it is not easy to find a CC that we and our kids like. Maybe, you can feedback to the CC about this bus operator and see what they can do?

Hi Serene,

You can try MMI at Ten Mile Junction. Think they run enrichment classes. But, if Mulberry already covered Phonics and Reading, is there a need for additional English enrichment classes?

Hi Duckeroo,

Yes, I agree that tho' we are not the ones attending school, we are feeling more tired than our kids. I am on 1/2 day leave this whole week to settle my DD2 into CC. I felt much more tired than working. My hb still joked that I am having good life....so fed up
uhoh.gif

Wow....our babies' list is growing and still growing
happy.gif

Hey Cutebaby/ Serene - Jia You for your #2
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,
Happy New Year to all! I went to Mulberry during the open house...like the environment. But thinking about transport.

Drymples, good that your gal likes Kinderland. She so bravo leh..didnt cry too.

Sunny, I heard Amazing Star is on montessori programme right? How long has yr child been there? HOw is their teacher and school fess like?

I am now going around to see see look look the CC first.

Hi Serene,

Yesterday when i fetch my son then notice that your son name on the shoe rack is just beside my son. Hehehe........maybe both of them will be good friend when your son back to school.

Hi Snowball,

I still not sure whether to have no.2. Might stay put at 1
happy.gif

Hi KC,

I did went to Amazing Star to view before. From my view, i don't really like the environment. Especially the toilet co's the flushing handle is too high till my son can't reach at all!!! Somemore when we stand at the N2 class room, so coincident that 1 insect crawl pass my feet.

Hi Worrymum,

Ya, now less 1 worry.

KC
ya, amazing star is a montessori school. But the programme include thematic part i.e. every term, they have a topic e.g. Bird, Myself, etc. my gal is there for about half a year already and we just let her go for full day this year. The teachers and the principal are nice. So far my gal is ok with them and progressing quite well especially her english. For me, the priority is the teachers must be able to take care of the kids well and with love and patience.

cutebaby77
when did you visit amazing star? The centre had some renovation during last year to change the flooring to laminated floor. before that it's cement floor which made the whole place looked dim. i think it's normal to see insects bah? For me, as long as it's not cockroach or ant, the cleanliness of the place is good.

Hi sunny,

I view the centre last year around Sept co's that time i'm still searching CC for my son. Ya, they did the renovation after they take over from another management. Hmmm.... i'm not sure is it normal to see insect in CC but for me, i don't feel comfort to see insect crawling in CC co's i'm wondering will it bite kids or not. I think as long we found a CC that feel comfort & our kids like it then we'll be happy already
happy.gif

Sunny,

I also very fussy of toilet & whether got insect in the CC. Flushing handle too high is danger co's the kids might fall if they force themselves to reach it. I feel that insect usually will bite so i also scare it'll bite my child too.

KC,

Maybe you arrange a viewing with Amazing Star & see whether you like it or not co's every parent got different expectation. Good Luck
happy.gif

Cutebaby77

Oh I didn't notice it when I last fetched my son back. It will be great if they can be good friend.

Ya,I was told that out of 18 students in their class only 2 of them are girls.

Sunny

I do view Amazing Star before. I step out of the centre less than 15 mim without even bother to ask for more details. The toilet is terrible, very dirty and wet,paper all over the place.

Add mine to the list:
year 2002

Year 2004

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005

Year 2006
4. sunny - gal: Jan 2006 (blk 785)
5. Serene - Boy: June 2006 (blk 789)

Year 2007

Year 2008
9. sunny - boy: feb 08

Year 2009

hi mommies,
Happy new year
happy.gif

Me MIA for a while.. hee.. went for a year-end holiday & just started work at a new workplace this year.

Hi cutebaby,
My elder girl's kindy is at yew tee, it's 3 hours last year for N2 & 4 hours this yr for K1. Hb can't bear to send our younger girl to full-day ccc, he heartpain that she's too young, only 1+ yr old, to go ccc. So for now, we won't be registering her at Mulberry, but thinking of starting her at some shorter hours playgroup programme first.

Hi Jo, Snowball,
I'm also aiming at Peihwa at phase2b and De Lasalle for phase2c (if suaysuay can't made it to phase2b). Southview Pri is also very hot last year.

Hi worrymum,
Ended up that I decided not to send my elder girl to kinderland, but back to her old kindy. Advantage is that I've peace of mind that she has no problems settling in as I start work at new workplace.. less headache & worry for me too.

Hi Dymples,
A relief for you to know that your gal is having a good time at kinderland hor? Your gal seems very dong3 shi4 lei

Hi dukeroo & Jappooh,
Sheffield is one of the ccc that I shortlisted earlier but too bad, no vacancy for K1 ler
sad.gif

serene
oh wow. i didn't know that the toilet's cleanliness is that bad. 'cos whenever i went there, it's always clean. hmm...
thanks for sharing.

Back