Choa chu kang mummy club

Hi jf,

The fees quoted at Mulberry is $950 (AFTER or Before subsidary??)...if after, very ex leh.

My son is Oct 2008...and i am keen to enrol him in April 2010.

Snowball,
I love sending hampers cos not need to 'scratch head' so much on the gifts. 1 hamper will cover all the teachers & principal. hahahah.. but of cos cannot send too small hamper also lah.

Oh dear... I hope your DD is not traumatised over the biting incident. Sayang her more... and yes. Must continue to monitor the situation. If she keeps crying and dun want go school, then better talk to the teachers & principal to find out why.

jf,
Wow! So fast no more promo price? Btw is the fees confirmed $950 AFTER subsidy? Becos if it is, then it's super duper ex. Kindlerand's fees is only $630 after subsidy wor. Btw, if I put my Yr2008 baby in Mulberry, she will also need to take school bus.

Cutebaby,
Whether I got evidence or not, I will sure escalate matters and report the incident to MCYS. I know lots of principals who tink we parents cannot touch them. If the principal or teacher dares to beat my gals, I'll make sure she pays for it lor. MCYS sure will investigate if you threaten to take further action like write in to media and your MP. I'll even lodge a police report against her for child abuse to futher strengthen my case! Then I'll forward a copy of the police report to the media, the owner of the childcare, in fact, the whole wide world. Cos which mommy will be so boh liao to go thru so much trouble if the matter is not serious? Hah! Dun play play hor... Not good to trifle with Mama Bear out to protect her cubs.

KC,
You went down to see Mulberry yet? If not wanna arrange to go see together?

Hi KC,
Oops, typo. $950 is BEFORE subsidy, so AFTER subsidy for full-time working mothers is $650. It's a high-end CCC. Plus sch bus plus enrichment eg swimming, fees will be close to $1k ler..

Btw only 1 enrichment class is comlpementary & included in the fees, which is the phonics class (for K1). Swimming class is not included.

Jo,
Sure can join in. Just add in your name to the list lah. Then we see how mommies we can gather together? Will be so fun if all our babies together. heheheh...Btw, I'm in the hospitality trade.
happy.gif

Jo,
Ya, raised to $650 ler..

Cutebaby,
The extended area beside the reception is very spacious, bright and looks so cheerful!

Dymples,
Emma has passed me the contact of the sch bus operator but I've yet to call up.

Ya, will be fun if our babies gather. So far, if I'm not wrong, we have the following..
Going by age:

1. Snowball - girl born in Apr08
2. Jo - son born in May08
3. Jeraldin - son born in Sep08
4. KC - son born in Oct08
5. Dymples - girl born in Nov08
6. Jf - girl born in Dec08

We could possibly start our own playgroup
happy.gif

Hi Dymples,

Hmmm........ need to learn more from you
happy.gif

Dymples, jf & KC: For the $930 promotion price i think need to check with Emma see whether is it still on going.

Ya, swimming is optional.

Hi jf,

Even the existing area they also have renovate abit here & there. Like change lights, brand new toilet, re-paint...etc

cutebaby,
Their toilet and shower area is also much bigger than other CCCs. Overall I would give a thumbs-up for their physical environment.

Hi Dymples,
I havent see the Mulbery centre yet...When are u going down? they are open on Saturday, rite? Let me know by msn when u going down.

Hi jf,
Wow, we have 3 prince and 3 princess to match...hehe.

Imaging if they fight later, how?

Dymples: dont come after me...if our kids fight, hehe. I have bought all the pr 2 books for my boys from Popular n school shop. For the uniform, i think he still can wear bah...so fast they are stepping into pri 2...

btw mummies, 18months take school bus by themselves, is it stable n safe? My boy now onli started walking. Cant imagine another 4 mths, go CC by school bus??

cutebaby,
Maybe neither.. haha
Still undecided...
Told hb about Mulberry & he said he still prefer to put our girl in 3hrs kindy & after that send to relative house. But I prefer full day CCC lei.. can learn more mah.

jf,
Wow! You actually scroll thru the postings to gather the info for the list. So impressed leh... heheheh...

But if they include phonics then the fees is not ex. Cos for separate phonics class can costs about $130+ per month. So if we factor in the fees + school bus will be about same or maybe even cheaper then if we put in normal CC no need to take school bus + add in extra phonics class.

cutebaby,
Aiyohz... dun learn from me lah... too drama liaoz. My hub always says I'm a chilli padi. *faintz*

KC,
Dun tink I'll be going down so soon cos whole of Dec I'm working on saturdays. Will try and see if I can squeeze in a weekday evening. hhmmm... if you in hurry, then you go ahead and view first yah. No need to wait for me hor. Meanwhile I will call Mulberry to enquire first.

Yah... so fast they going to P2 liaoz. When I look at baby now, I also cannot imgaine that juz last year she was only a newborn and me was struggling with BF-ing. *lolz* Time really flies...

Btw, your maid thingy settled already? Got new one? Nowadays really hard to find good helper. Tink strike lottery easier siah.

Hi Mummies,

Wa....so coincidental...all of us of kids of similar age/ close age gp :

Year 2006 :

Cutebaby77 - Son : 2006
Snowball32 - Gal : Oct 2006

Year 2007 :

Jf - Son : 2007

Year 2008 :

All of us staying in CCK, can organise a gathering to get all the kids of close age gp together....will be fun
happy.gif

Hi Drymples - My DD1 was ok when she came back from school. She was happily reciting what she learnt from her English S&D class yesterday. So, I guess she has put this matter behind her already.

hi jf/dymples/KC and those who interested in mulberry
maybe ask emma by when to register to enjoy $930? i know there is a 'promotion' period...

snowball and all
ya, let's organise gathering one day?

snowball
hahaha, so fast your DD1 forget about it liao... that's why it is important for teachers to handle it correctly.

Snowball & all mommies,
Yes yes.. should organise a gathering. Will be so fun leh... more babies to add...

<font color="0000ff">Yr 2002:</font>
Dymples - Girl:Nov 02
KC - Boy: 2002

<font color="0000ff">Yr 2004:</font>
Dymples - Girl:Aug 04

<font color="0000ff">Yr 2005:</font>
KC - 2005

<font color="0000ff">Year 2006:</font>

<font color="0000ff">Year 2007:</font>

<font color="0000ff">Year 2008:</font>

Hi,

I am a CCK mummy too. I added to the list too....

Yr 2002:
Dymples - Girl:Nov 02
KC - Boy: 2002

Yr 2004:
Dymples - Girl:Aug 04

Yr 2005:
KC - 2005

Year 2006:

Year 2007:

Year 2008:
7. Jacelyn - Son born in Jan 08

Year 2009:
1. Jacelyn - Girl - born in Oct09

Snowball,
Happy to read that your gal is doing well after the incident. Must be a big relieve for you. Agree with Jo, that if the situation was handled properly, children will learn to trust that the teacher will protect them, thus helping them to overcome the fear and adapt to the situation.

Jo,
Tink I'll be calling Emma later this morning to enquire about the fees. Hope still can enjoy the promotional rate. But then hor... I was speaking to my dad earlier (he's helping me take care of baby whilst I'm at work), and he's not keen for baby to attend full day care. He said half day will be better. Haiz... So now hope that Mulberry will take in for Half Day session only.

Hi Snowball,

Ya, that's great to know that your gal is doing well after the incident. I believed your youngest gal will also like the centre too.

Hi Dymples,

If i'm not wrong the halfday fee is almost the same as fullday. Mulberry did have halfday but they encourage parent register fullday co's learn more. Maybe you register halfday &amp; see how it goes, if ok then convert to fullday.

Hi all,

For your updates, so far my son go to Mulberry for 8 days already. Yesterday start to cry &amp; today refuse to go into the centre. But the teachers &amp; Emma really help to calm down my son. Emma still let my son seat on her lap &amp; play with him. Emma told me that it's a new environment so my son feel insecure. Hopefully this time round he'll take shorter time to settle down.

Dymples,
Hee.. I only scan the postings for Yr2008 kids, and thanks to snowball who listed all.

Mulberry has half-day childcare, but fees is $600 (after subsidy), which is just $50 less than the full-day one. So it's really not worth sending to half-day session.

cutebaby,
Do you know why your son cries? Did he behave the same when you first send him to Kinderland?

cutebaby, jf,
Huh? Only $50 less for half day care is super not worth lor. *aarrgghh...* how har? My dad refused to let my gal go for full day leh. This one is his 'baobei'. Aiyohz... tink need to bring him down to the CCC for 'site inspection'.

Jacelyn, u just delivered? congrats!

Dymples, cutebaby is right, the fees is almost the same as full day, that's why i also decided to put full day (initially i want to put half day). Actually i tot i will just send my son there for half day first and see how he goes but i am not comfortable with my maid walking him home (need to cross road). anyway my maid is returning in March for a month, so i need that full day.

Year 2002
1. Dymples - Girl:Nov 02
2. KC - Boy: 02

Year 2004
1. Dymples - Girl:Aug 04
2. Jo - Boy: May 04

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005
2. Jf - Girl : Dec 05

Year 2006
1. Cutebaby77 - Boy: 2006
2. Snowball32 - Girl : Oct 2006

Year 2007
1. straqian - Boy : 07

Year 2008
1. Snowball - Girl: Apr08
2. Jo - Boy: May08
3. Jeraldin - Boy: Sep08
4. KC - Boy: Oct08
5. Dymples - Girl: Nov08
6. Jf - Girl: Dec08
7. Jacelyn - Boy: Jan 08

Year 2009
1. Jacelyn - Girl: Oct09

Our list:

<u>Year 2002</u>
2. KC - Boy: 02

<u>Year 2004</u>
2. Jo - son born in May04

<u>Year 2005</u>
1. KC - 2005

<u>Year 2006</u>
1. Cutebaby77 - Son : 2006
2. Snowball32 - Gal : Oct 2006

<u>Year 2007</u>
1. straqian - son : 07

<u>Year 2008</u>
7. Jacelyn - Son born in Jan 08

<u>Year 2009</u>
1. Jacelyn - Girl - born in Oct09

Hi Cutebaby77,

Sometimes, kids cry when they see other children cry. Perhaps, the ctr is still recruiting new intakes and there they are....the symphony orchestra begins. New environment is also another factor. Give him sometime to settle in. He is still a 3yo afterall.

Hi Dymples,

Old folks are like that one lah. Actually, my MIL sounded quite upset when my hb told her that my DD2 will join her jie jie at fullday care from nx mth. They feel the "loss" of companionship lah.

We explained that CC do not have half-day prog so gotta let her go fullday lor.

Anyway, 1/2-daycare also not worth esp for us who are FTWM, must get the most out from the Govt subsidy mah.

Btw, Mulberry got give sibling discounts or not?

jf
yeah!

snowball, yes they have sibling discount, can't remember how much.... maybe $30 or $40... must confirm with Mulberry

Hi Mommies...

Okies. I jux spoke to Emma. She really sounds sssooo nice over the phone. Very warm and professional.

For <font color="0000ff">Half Day, the fees is $500</font> and <font color="ff6000">Full Day $630</font> (AFTER Subsidy). Rates quoted are valid for month of Dec registration.

I've informed her that they are several Yr 2008 mommies keen in putting their babies at Mulberry. She suggest we gather together and she will organise a special 'playgroup session' for us to look at the childcare plus meet with the Principal, and Teachers (both English &amp; Chinese) in charge for PN group.

This session to take place in January on a Saturday MORNING. She is not able to do it in December as 19Dec school is closed for teacher's training and 26Dec is schduled 'open house.

As for the promo rates, she will be able to extend it for us (something like group discount) lah.

So mommies who are keen, pls state your preferred date below.

Yr2008 Site Inspection @ Mulberry
1) Dymples - 09 or 16 January

Hi jf,

Yes, when my son at Kinderland also cry, is those very badly cry co's is his 1st CCC. Even don't go up to his dad car &amp; cry out loudly.

Now he just cry outside the centre &amp; need Emma/teachers to calm him down then willing to go in. Hopefully it won't go worse.

Hi Snowball,

Ya, he's still young. Last time he takes 6 months to settle down. We wish that this time just take 1 or 2 months.

Hi Dymples,

Last time when i want to register my son full day, my mum also feel sad co's she scare the teacher can't take good care of my son. Somemore she feel that 1 teacher how to take care 10 over kids. But after we put him for 2 months, she's ok &amp; feel better co's she got more own time to go out. Try to talk to your dad co's half day fee really not worth it.

snowball, cutebaby,
Yah lor... I feel it will be more traumatic for my dad when my baby goes to CCC next year. Tink he will be the one crying instead of her. *lolz* Most prob I will send her in for half day care first, then later on will convert to full day care. At least both of them will have time to adjust. *aiyohz*

Cutebaby,
Dun worry yah... it's normal for kids to cry when faced with new situation or environment. But Emms is ssooo nice. Even let your boy to sit on her lap and play with him. Good teachers and principals play a super important part cos they are the ones who help the greatest in getting the child to adjust and be happy at CC.

Aiyohz... now I super wish that I'd known about Mulberry earlier. Then will definately hv registered my 2004 gal there lohz.

dymples

i just called emma, she said she will only split the PN from nursery once she has 3 PN kids... so my son will join nursery on 1 Jan until he has another 2 friends join him... :-( hopefully 2 more PN kids will join in jan 10 after the open house.

Hi all

Emma told me there will be discount on the uniform till end Dec 09 (not sure she will extend this to those register after dec 09 since she suggested the inspection date after Dec 09). I think i will visit the centre on their open day, 26 Dec 09 to buy uniforms since my son is joining on 1 Jan 09....

Emma said she will waive the registration for us too!

do you all wan to join their open house?

Hi Dymples,

Yes, Emma really is a very nice lady. She also can explaint clearly on all my enquires. The principal also very nice too, when i call her up &amp; check how;s my son. She'll walk with the phone to my son class/toilet to see how's my son then updates me what she have seen.

Hi Jo,

Wah.... still can waive off registration fee. Did you ask Emma how much is the discount for the uniform per set?

hi cutebaby

ya lor... she told me she will waive for the registration fees... as for the uniform discount, now i am not sure whether i misunderstand her ;-p

Hi Mummies,

Wow...total has 17 kids here.....Cannot imagine what will happen when all the kids get together
happy.gif

Hi Cutebaby77,

How is your son doing today? For my DD1, she stopped crying after about 1 mth. Teacher/ Principal updated me that she cried only in the morning for a while &amp; she was ok after that. But, it took her longer time to blend in to her classmates and got along with them.

I believe your DS will take shorter time tis time rd to adapt since this is not his 1st time.

Eating and sleeping for her is no problem. In fact, my sister told me that my DD1 has put on weight recently leh.

Hey mummies, if Emma is willing to waive Regn fees and hold the promotional CC fees, you all shd go register lah...save here and there, also quite abit of $$$ you know.

Actually, if I had known abt Mulberry Learning earlier, I would have waited a while more and join you mummies le.

Hi Dymples,

I do not know if my MIL is still upset over our decision to send my DD2 to fullday care nx mth. She seemed to have lost appetite in the last few days, eat very little during dinner.

But, I find that my DD1 really learn alot since she joined fullday CC 4 mths ago. I find that she is now more confident when talking to strangers.

Most CCC charge about 75 - 80% of fullday CC rates for 1/2 daycare as they still have bear the same overheads be it half-day or full-day. Moreover, they are not able to take in another full-day kid as the place has been taken by a child on half-day. So, this is understandable.

Hi Jacelyn/ KC - Welcome to the club
happy.gif

hi all

two days ago, when i went to pick up my son from cc, his teacher was there complaining my son was very restless, he disturbed his bigger size classmate who hit him in return.... causing eye injury (the retina has blood). so heartpain... i asked the teacher what did his friend hurt his eye with object or hand... she said she does not know.... so i asked why nobody watched the kids... she said she was there watching the kids.... :-( anyway i just feel heartpain.... anyway the principal was on holiday... i heard from other parents that when principal not in, the school is always in chaotic...

now i am thinking whether i should learn from dymples to buy goodies for his classmates on school reopening... my son joined them only in K1 so his classmates know each other very well since nursery... i don't think this will cause problem cos i tot kids can mix around quite fast....

anyway many parents complained about this new teacher for unable to control the kids...

the principal has arranged new english teacher for the k1 next year.

Jo,
Buying goodie abgs for the children will help to certain extent. But sometimes there will be 1 or 2 'troublemakers'. For this type of children, I ever go down to the child care and talk very firmly with the teacher in-charge and principal. I'll let them know my stand and if I am unhappy with the way the matter has been handled, I also won't hesitate to speak up. Becos by doing so, I'm also demonstrating to my child that mommy will protect her and that mommy does not condone the 'naughty' behaviour.

At my gal's previous child care, there was once a girl who always goes round biting all the classmates. My gal kena bitten twice. Although the teachers n principal try to 'control' her, she just won't listen. Her parents also those bo-chap type. Then I was ssooo angry when she bit my gal the 3rd time, I took emergency off and rushed to the child care. Then when I was there, I 'shouted' for my girl. At same time, I 'shouted' and make noise in her class very loud. Not to scold the teachers but more to 'intimidate' that naughty girl. I even asked loudly: "Who dare to bite Janelle! Bite till so hard somemore!" That girl can dare to approach me and say it's her. But becos she see me sssooo angry, she faster apologised for her bad behaviour. After that day, she did not bite my gal anymore... but hor... she also din bite her classmates so frequently anymore after that too. Tink she learned that even though her parents does not care about her naughty behaviour, other parents will make noise and be super angry.

The teachers were also shocked cos usually I'm quite mild... but I simply could not tahan my anger cos kena bite 3x wor! From that day, the teachers also know that I can be nice... but I also mean business. So they do take extra care when concerns my daughter.

Aiyohz... after going thru ssoo many child care centres. Starting from Infantcare, I tink my experiences can fill a thick thick novel. hahahaha...

Morning lovely mummies,
I can join in either the 26 Dec open house or Jan site inspection. $630(after subsidiary) with some enrichment class is reasonable.

Wow, so many CCK mummies around...Which area are you all staying? I know Dymples is behind Lot 1, I am at Blk 562, near Yew Tee MRT. How abt the rest? Shld organise a gathering one of these days...at one of the Park?

Snowball,
Oh dear... Maybe your MIL is going thru 'empty nest' syndrome. Aiyohz... I hoping my dad won't behave like that too when I really send baby off to child care.

Yesterday I spoke to my dad again and he is sssooo adament not to send my baby for child care. NOw half day also cannot! *faintz* He is ssoo scared that his baobei will not be taken good care of.. that she will keep falling sick... etc. I also dunno how to convince him. I'm also doing this for his sake leh... cos he is sssoo tired from handling my 3 girls during this school holidays. Can see it's taking a toil on him. And I feel it's not fair to him cos the children are actually my responsiblity, not his.

Tink I will definately need to bring him down together for the child care 'inspection'. Tink he will behave like a policeman and check everything. *faintz*

Hi Snowball,

This morning my son did cry but he only willing to let Emma to carry. She carry him in &amp; walk round the centre then seat in the class with him for awhile, leave him to the class techer &amp; he's fine now.

My son get well along with his classmate, just that he can't sleep well at nap time. But even at Kinderland he also can't sleep well at nap time. Usually took 1 hrs + - only.

Ya agreed with Snowball, registration is already $100 so if waived off then can save for uniform or books.

Hi Jo,

Oh dear, so did you bring your son to doctor &amp; see whether badly hurt or not co's eye very important.

So mean that the principal can't on leave, if not the CCC will in a mess. How about the owner of this chilcare. She/he should go down to the CCC to look after when principal not around. Unless they got a trusted senior teacher to control the CCC.

hi dymples

my elder son also started since infant care... he only starts to have behaviour problem with this new cc, previously all his teachers (from different cc) gave positive feedback and told us our son is teachers' sweetheart...etc. but now donno why... that's why i have to quit my job and go for a work life balance job so i can pick up my son from cc everyday cos i sent him on school bus when he started his new cc.

KC, my blk is 786 near yew tee mrt too! i will update this list:

Year 2002
2. KC - Boy: 02 (Blk 562)

Year 2004
2. Jo - Boy: May 04 (Blk 786)

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005

Year 2006
2. Snowball32 - Girl : Oct 2006

Year 2007

Year 2008

Year 2009

hi dymples
i've given up my kinderland slot so i'll hv to register for mulberry. Hope I'm making the right choice. As I intend to start my son in Jan 2010, wonder if emma will waive the registration fee since i'm not registering with you mummies as a group?

hi Jo
looks like our son will be in the same class unless a lot of other children sign up after open house. I'm staying near yew tee too, so will u be sending your son to school or u're using school bus?

hi cutebaby
hope your son is coping fine. I was just wondering wat happens if emma is not around? Is there any other teachers/assistants who are as good as emma?

Mulberry fee is so expensive. My son is attending Ichiban at Hong San walk. I find the environment is not bad. Most of the teachers there are with the center for at least 5yrs, principal also very good. As for the fees, half day is $330 and full day is $360 after subsidy. Got sch bus service too.

Hi Mummies,

I stay at Regent Grove (opp Yew Tee MRT stn)....looks like CCK park is a central and good place for the gathering hor
happy.gif

Jo,
Oh dear. Maybe he is having a hard time adjusting to the childcare? Or could be cos he join this CC later, and like you said the kids may have formed their own 'cliques' and he's feeling left out. Yah... tink you buy the children 'goodie bags' and see if can help improve the situation. Usually that should do the trick lah.

Straqian,
oohh.. so you confirmed registering for Mulberry. *sob-sob* Wish I could hv joined you... too bad I already paid the registration for Kinderland. Tink if I pull out now sure got 'penalty' charge? Pls do update on how your boy adjusts to Mulberry. Hope he will be happy there too.

Hi Jacelyn,

Ichiban's full day at $360 only?? That's very very cheap...i never know yr CC at so low cost. How is their environment and programme there?

Hi

I am new here. I am staying in cck north 6, my girl start to go to Agape chidcare center this week, but after one day she refuse to go agin. After the 1st day of school she can't sleep well at night and she have nightmare everynite, she will keep crying for nothing in the middle of the night. I am really very helpless to see her like that, really don't know what to do. She is only 2.5 years old and she is a happy baby before ahe went to CCC but after going to the CCC she become crying baby. Really don't know how, need some advice from you all. Is it advice that I change her to another CCC..??
I saw the post that Mulberry is quite good, but where is this CCC?

KC, Snowball, Mommies,
CCK Park is the one near to Limbang? Gathering sounds like fun! I'm usually more free on Sunday afternoons. Cos sometimes I'm on saturday duty.
happy.gif

Year 2002
1. Dymples - Girl:Nov 02 (behind Lot 1)
2. KC - Boy: 02 (Blk 562)

Year 2004
2. Jo - Boy: May 04 (Blk 786)

Year 2005
1. KC - 2005

Year 2006
2. Snowball32 - Girl : Oct 2006 (Opp Yew Tee MRT)

Year 2007

Year 2008

Year 2009

straqian
ya most probably our sons will be in the same class for the first few months.... what is your block number? If my son is in childcare full day, i will pick him up after my work (reach cc around 6pm). oh i will send him to cc too...

you have not paid regn fees right, can lah, just tell emma that joey said you will waive registration fee for forum mummies ;p

are you going to their open house? i think better go to buy uniform before dec 09...

Hi Dymples,
I also dont exactly know where is CCK Park...the one near LIm Bang is LIm Bang Park bah...CCK park is it nearer to yr place...the one like 'satay house' concept with open space muslim rest.

Snowball, shld know the exact location.

Back