Choa chu kang mummy club

hi chicken little,

Any kindergarten will do, as i really want to more my girls back here so that i can spend more time with them.

hi all

anyone heard of tumblebabes at CCK sport stadium? i would like to engage some activities for my no.2 (turning 1 year old in May 09). any other recommendation?

many thanks!

Hi Jacelyn

Yes, i have requested for a trial online, waiting for them to call me. ;)

i tot if 15 months, can join the older programme?

Dear Hani

Thanks for sharing! so that tumbletots seems like not very good... oh dear... is there any good one around yew tee?
sad.gif

hi mummies

so happy that the yew tee point has opened... i am waiting for more shops to be opened. i didn't go there last week but my maid told me 4leaves has open! my favourite bakery shop!
happy.gif
))

Dear CCK mummies, kinda new here.. Hope it's fine of me joining you guys
happy.gif

Just wondering, there any good kindergarten (either PAP or private) in either CCK or Teck whye area? Everywhere around seems to be either playgroup or childcare. Gotta any recommendation?

hi mummies,
can I join you ladies here as well? I stay near cck mrt. I've 2 girls, a 3-yr old & a 3-mth old.

hi hwee,
U go to Glory Pres Church? Me too.
Can check with u if both parents need to be members of the church to qualify for phase 2b?

hihi jf
yes, i attend the 9.30 service, you?
no need la. if i'm not wrong, at least one parent is a member can liao. but i may not be right, you need to confirm.

my boy just started sunday school in jan this year, so i've 'graduated' from the cry room.
happy.gif
maybe we met in the cry room.....
happy.gif

Mummies,

I intend to put my son to Wharton wen he turn 18 months. However, they do not have a 2 hour playgroup only 1/2 day or full day child care. Do you all have any suggestion for a playgroup in yew tee area?

Does anyone here have the listing for CCK CCC? Do you all have any feedback for the new CCC call kiddies abc in yew tee area?

haha chicken little u r making me curious abt wat the p said too. Anyway ya the sch looks not bad, i see alot of improvement in my nephew too. BUt at the K2 stages, think parents have to add in more enrichment like phonics, chinese clz to prepare for P1. Yupz nowsday all P1 ting xie for abt half a yr is in HYPY.

hi hwee,
10am mandarin service... I follow my ILs there. Maybe I haven't met u b4. My 3yr old attends the N2 group in sun sch. She graduated from the cutsy N1 class last yr
happy.gif
So far I only bring my 3mth old to church once, usu leave her at home. If I bring her, I'll be confined to the cry room *cry*

hi jacelyn
http://www.street-directory.com/mcds/mcds_prod_vwo.cgi?SERVICES_ID=4&CRITERIA_ID=&zone=CHOA CHU KANG

Or search for CCC here:
http://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/ChdCccSrch.jsp

hi mummies, ask u all hor..
In my mind, I plan to enrol my elder girl at pei hwa during phase 2b. If suaysuay didn't get it, should I try again at same sch during phase 2c or bid for delasalle which is within 1km?

CheongQQ
pm me lor I will update you. Nothing serious just my hb boey song ha ha . I think for them only the HYPY that needs to be introduced first others i think they are ok.

Jf
even for 2C at de La salle oso very competitive one. Hmm maybe hwee hwee can advise you better on Pei hwa

jf
if you're not successful in phase 2b for Pei Hwa, dun go back there for phase 2c. cos outside 2km confirm no chance. dun waste your time there.

for de la salle, even within 1km, its like 50% only. you decide. if not other schools like yew tee pri sch, they have a top student last yr, is worth considering.

where is your IL staying? nearer to Pei Hwa? then i suggest you make a trip to MOE and use their address as foster parents to register so that you will put into the within 2km category. then Pei Hwa no problem!
happy.gif

oh, i used to attend the 12noon chinese service many many yrs back, then the 10am chinese service. i switched over to the 9.30am english service some yrs back only. hee hee.....

maybe we meet when we drop the kids in the sun sch and picking them up. the N1 and N2 worship time is together.
happy.gif
i know a few N2 kids too!
happy.gif

hwee & chickenlittle,
Oic.. hmm.. peihwa & delasalle are 2 schs that I shortlisted bcos I wanna send my girl to a christian/mission sch. I wonder if there're any other mission schs around the region?

I'm staying with my ILs at cck. Oh yes, the N1 & N2 kids start by singing songs together in the music room. In that case, we may be there at the same time without knowing each other
happy.gif

jf
there's an IJ at bt panjang. but honestly, Pei Hwa is the ideal choice.
happy.gif
dun despair, so far, by God's grace, all the church members managed to get their kids into the school even though they had to ballot.
happy.gif

i'll look out for you next time.
happy.gif

hwee,
should I check with the church or moe whether both parents or only 1 parent need to be church members?
My girl's name is cathleen. Maybe you can spot her name tag placed on the table outside the music room
happy.gif

jf
check with the church. cos they are the one who will be giving you the letter. but they submit the letter direct to the school. you just need to fill in a form and pass to the church office.

i'll lookout on sunday.
happy.gif

Hi Chicken Little,

I have called them. There are still slots for my younger girl. The problem now is there is no K1 class available for my elder girl. There seems to be only a few kindergarten ard this area.

Have you heard any comments abt the PCF at Blk 543?

cutieZayn,
I tried tien hsia @cck for 1 term, but my 'jiak kantang' girl still came back blur blur. When the teacher asked what's her name in mandarin, she doesn't understand *faint*

haha..then I think she hv to start from basic..u start teaching her the basic first la.
jf, saw yr posting in the other thread on ICR@CCK. Did you send yr girl there, any comments..tot of sending my girl for the enrichment class.

I thot I can send her there & let the teacher do the work.. hehe. But apparently, the basics are taught in N1 & my girl is now in N2. So I guess I've to catchup & teach her the N1 materials at home.

Nope, I didn't send her to ICR. The staff advised that if my girl attends nursery, then no need to go to ICR. Very frank hor. She added that the syllabus for ICR 3 years old is similar to that of nursery, so no point. I'd reconsider when she's older eg 4-5 years old.

How old is your girl?

jf
my 2 cents worth, dun be offended....

if you only speak english to your girl, by sending her to enrichment only doesn't help her pick up mandarin quickly. She's only exposed to mandarin for only 2 hrs a week, that's definitely not enuf to learn a language.

perhaps try to speak to her in mandarin at home. even though she may start answering in english, just leave it. after a while, she'll pick up and use more mandarin.

i didn't see you yesterday. think i was too early. hee hee.....

jf
I agree with hwee. my daughter was under the care of my mum who can only speak mandarin but my daughter still very kantang.

Tienxien
I think it is quite academic based. My gal at berries bukit batok with her cousin. So far so good but for me it more for her to like the language than just hate it. It is fun and she enjoyed class. So far never say dun want to go

jf, my girl turning 5 this year so I think is time for her to go in. Will check with the center aagin.

I agreed with Hwee but pls makesure u know how to balance both language. My nanny use to speak to my girl in English, I send her to CC when she was 2years old and worry that she can't speak mandrain. We started talking to her in mandrain when she was back staying with us and now she can speak very well but we sort of regreted as she refuse to speak in English now.

hwee,
my ILs will speak mandarin to her, but since they work & not at home most of the time, she doesn't listen to mandarin so often. The rest of the family speaks English to her.
Btw, I was at sun sch around 9:35am yesterday.

ChickenLittle,
I was thinking of trying Berries at bt batok since I read gd reviews abt it. How old is your girl?

CutieZayn,
Can lemme know if ICR is good if your girl enrols?
We've diff pple speaking diff languages to her, eg ILs speak mandarin, hb/me/maid speak english.. dunno if this is a gd way to balance both languages?

jf
My gal is in P1 this year I have to change to berries because she is under the care of my sil during weekdays after school so her enrichment is planned inline with my nephew and niece schedule.

I used to have a native chinese teacher who came to our place to teach her when she turns 5 and this teacher must have built up her strong chinese foundation in turns of words recognition.

The popular teacher in bukit batok should be Liu lao shi and Fan lao shi.

jf
haha! just to share, my kids only speak mandarin till they are 3 or 4, they attend sunday school or other classes, then they're exposed to english. hee hee..... so far my girl, ok la, she can handle the english in school. for my boy, he's only been exposed to english recently. i think he's picking up slowly tho he still replies in mandarin. hee hee....

the other thing is the school they attend. my girl went to glory kindergarten. their syllabus is also more mandarin based. so my girl is actually quite strong in her chinese in general.

i was early yesterday, i went there before 9.15am....cos my girl had to be early. they went for an outing yesterday.

hwee,
I was toying with the idea of sending my girl to mandarin sun sch, but ended up still letting her attend the english one instead. If she goes to the mandarin one, she'll be blur thr'out.. haha

jf
not true la. my mandarin speaking kids also could manage english sunday school. haha! no worries, the kids can handle one!
happy.gif

hwee,
I was toying with the idea of sending my girl to mandarin sun sch, but ended up still letting her attend the english one instead. If she goes to the mandarin one, she'll be blur thr'out.. haha

hello mummies,
i just moved in to cck north 6. im sending my 3yo boy to tulip montessori preschool but im thinking of sending him to somewhere more academic. is there any other places that u can recommend? preferably they have chinese teaching coz my boy dun understand chinese. i've checked out berries kids at blk 620, any review on that?

hi mossie,
my girl is now with berris kids kindy. They teach chinese. Hmm.. as to whether they are more academic-focused, it depends on what u want.. I think Berris is defnitely more academic than PCF lah..

THanks jf and Sandra.

jf, how do u find the berries kids? i think they are more academic and i like the fact that they separate kids from year 2006 and 2007. Lots of preschool that i check out have the 2 year mixed together. (Agape, Tulip etc)

Sandra, i think the Berries u mentioned is the one specially for chinese lesson. I've check that out also, heard lots of good comments about them and i think i might put my boy with them during the school holidays. As for tulip, im only with them for trial. Seriously speaking, i dont really like the principal. She seem bo chup. And summore it is a Montessori school, i dont think my boy learn much there. Sigh...

mossie,
yes, N1 & N2 kids are separated, and I like it that it's a smaller group so that the teacher can be more focused on each child. My girl's class has about 10 children. I'm quite happy with her there, at least better than PCF. In terms of academic, if I compared the worksheets that they let the kids do, with those assessment books I buy, hmm.. I find their worksheets are rather elementary.. hehe. They've english, maths & chinese worksheets every wk & every fri the kids will have to take back homework to do & submit on Mon.

wow liao long time nvr login
so many new comers

Hwee & CL, hey both you still here. very loyal
hehehe
got any bulk purchase for baking stuff?

Hi Jo,
I just called "tulip montessori" and I almost vomit blood when I aske about the fees.
Fees are for a term (10 weeks):-
2x a week is $550,
3X a week is $700,
4X a week is $800 and
5X a week is $900.

Anyone has any feedback on Tulip montessori? Is it really worth the price?
Anyone has any other recommendation for daily or weekly playgroup?

Wharton only offer 1/2 day or full day care. No 2 hours playgroup.

Back