Cambridge Child Development Centre

hello all... i just visited cambridge at poh huat crescent... though of dropping my girl there in dec... any one with kids still there... the place is abit run down... but the kids there seems bright, cheerful and friendly... most of all, they seems very discipline indeed...

like to hear comment regarding this poh huat branch... key consideration is the location is very near my place...

Hi mummies,

Can kindly update on cambridge@Mei Hwan on teachers, environment, food etc?

Is there any website on it cos I can't find. Just wondering whether there have any half-day prog as I wld like to try out my 2+yr old girl there.

School fee is also a big consideration as well. Is the fee $810 for full day session and after subsidy?

Kwala,

http://www.cambridgecdc.com/singapore.htm

Its cambridge @ Ang Mo Kio

The place is considered big and clean. partial light aircon. They have outdoor playground and even a small pool. I only met the supervisor who is very friendly but the teachers seemed friendly too although i din get to speak to them. But my husband did noticed that there were several china teachers. For gym and speech and drama and some other classes, they outsourced to pros.

Food wise I am not sure but i did notice a kitchen, should be in house.

$810 is full day before subsidy for N1 and above i think. $860 for toddlers.

thanks so much for the update apple79.

i think i have to call them up and ask cos not much info on the website.

btw, and most importantly, your child enjoy the environment there?

My child is not in there yet but I am enrolling her in the toddler level next jan/feb 09.

I just called them, the food is in house, cooked by the auntie there.

My gal just started a week at CDC@Novena - Toddler. So far I am quite pleased with my expereince there. The teachers are very warm and friendly. Most of all, my gal is very excited every morning and she is all smiles when we pick her up. The rest of the kids in N1/2 & K1/2 are well mannered too.

All kids are required to wash their hands and feet the moment they enter the center, before meals...(guess it's the same at every CC)The kids are very automatic about it. Even my 19months+ daughter has got the hang of it in just 5 days! =0) Quite pleased with her.

They too have gym class once every week. It's a mobile gym that comes to the centre.

Hi Piggyham,
Thanks for your comments on CDC@Novena (the first so far). I was at first undecisive abt enrolling my boy to the centre cos I thought the place looked a bit small n the teacher student ratio was a bit high. But decided to give it a try cos I also saw that the teachers were all very warm and friendly, esp the centre manager too. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Any parents here with kids graduated from CDC and find that your kids are not well equipped academically for P1? Pls share....

Hi bearyhugs,
I would say small but cosy =0) teacher student ratio is high =0) as spec for toddler is 1:8. But there are like about 3 teachers to give attention to the 10 toddlers. Hope your experience will be a good one
happy.gif

hi cyn
my girl is gng in to the one at thomson this dec. i didnt manage to get any review online but i went to visit them , the teachers seem ok and the principal is super frenly. and when i was there, the N1 are learning about shadows, so the teahers actually put on a puppet show for them. So i am kinda of impresed.

hope this help

Hi all, may i ask if the uniforms are the same for all branches? Lookin for 2yr old gal size? thx.

hi piggyham and bearyhugs,
I am keen on CDC@novena but yet to contact them yet. Can u share with me if their programme is gd? What phonics are they using? I read their FAQ, indicated max 15 per class. is it true? enrichments are additional cost?

<font color="0077aa">Hello Mummies
happy.gif

Any feedback on the cambridge @ SGCC ? Went to check out the place yday and liked it. Not sure abt the curriculum wise how issit tho.
</font>

an alternative view to cambridge at novena... pretty disappointing. the premise is a little old and feels stuffy, a light stench at the door. kids will sit in the AV room to watch cartoons while waiting for parents to fetch them. this, i am not comfortable. teachers are rather dull. i don't see any smile on their faces. also noticed they seemed to stinge on resources (eg. children drew and colour the back of old greeting card and only a set of paint/colours to share among a class)... gd to recyle but should be done in a meaningful/ creative way though.

Hi,
My son (N2 now) just got transferred into Cambridge@SengKang in July. So far, my comments for this center is good. I like the fact that this center will provide clear info of what the children study,eat and little things that happen. They will either write these into the little notebook that they gave to each child or the principal will either call or msg me.

My son has been quite resistant to go school in the morning for the first 1-3 wks, then its ok. The principal and teachers help to ensure that he could mingle around the class fast and now he is quite attached to his English Teacher and the principal's son(who is 1yr older than my son).

The English and Chinese teacher will also give me feedbacks on how my son is progressing (since he is new to the school). My son do not speak Mandarin, but recently I could see that he is trying to speak up which is a very good progress.

Most importantly is that,there would not be overcrowding issue since there is a max. cap. that the center could take in, so I will be quite relieved that my son's needs are well catered.

I can only comment this much for now. Hope this helps!

I'm also happy with Cambridge @ SK.

My gal is in N1 and she loves her teachers. They does alot of artwork which my gal enjoys.

They have also recently renovated the premise and so everything looks so new and clean.

Its sad we are shifting to simei and thus have to withdraw my gal soon.

hi mummies,

anyone can feedback on cambridge at novena?
how's the teachers and curriculum like?
your child learned alot after placing there for more than a yr?

Thanks.
happy.gif

hi mummies

am definitely interested to find out more about Cambridge@ Poh Huat ...

any feedback is highly appreciated....

thinking of sending my DD there , comparing this and Kinderland..

Hi all, I am also thinking of putting my kids at Cambridge@Sengkang. But it seems that the centre is still kinda new and they do not have much for the kids. Any more information from mummies who already have their kids there??

<font color="aa00aa">Hi mummies,

Any feedback on the Cambridge @ St Xavier's Lane? Keen to put my kid there. Thanks.</font>

Hi mummies

Any feedback on Cambridge at Mei Hwan/AMK? Can mummies share their experience on their curriculum, teachers, etc with me? Do they teach phonics, e.g. letterland? And I read in the above that some centres has monthly excursion? Must we pay additional for tat?

Money hard to earn these days, hope to find a good CC with not much hidden cost. :p

Appreciate that lots!

Thanks
happy.gif

Hi mummies

I have relatively new Cambridge CDC uniforms used for a couple of months only which I would like to let go. Understand that the uniforms are the same for all centres. I have 3sets of uniform dresses size L and 3 sets of PE attire size 26 available. Willing to let go at $25 for all. Please let me know if interested

Hi
need feedback on Cambridge at PH..
intend to send my kids there as we are moving into that area soon...

Greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Some childcare center did not get qualified teacher. Please notice and observe when you enroll your child. If some of the teachers are taking part time course or still schooling, you will know the standard. If the school keep changing teacher, this is another hint ;) I wonder why MCDS/MOE did not go and regulate these school.

Neobaby please forget about Serangoon Garden if you are concern on academic, food and the child teacher ratio

hi shirley98, thanks 4 ur thread. In fact,i recently enrol him is school. Seems so far the teachers are good. But one thing í am quite shock is that my son fall sick on the 4th day of school and as soon as he recover, he sick again! Also, í wonder why every time he will have small cuts, is it normal?

Hi peacock, care to share why would you advise Neobaby to forget about Serangoon Garden if she's concern about academic, food and the child teacher ratio?

Hi mummies, would like to get feedback on Cambridge@sengkang... The school look a bit small from the exterior... How do u all find the school? Considering their price range is comparable to Kinderland, cherrie hearts...

Back