Braces for 7 year old child

excitied

Hi Mummies,
I need some advice.
The school dental advise us to bring our child to dental hospital for further assess to my son's upper tooth which is not properly grow and may require URA (Upper Removal Appliance) so we brought him to KTP hospital for further assess.
True enough, my son require URA if not it will affect his lower tooth and gum. But the orthodontist also told us that my son needs braces for his lower set of teeth because his 2 molar teeth had been extracted out and the molar tooth will only grow at the age of 11, which means the other teeth will slowly move in to close the gap in between. That is why braces are recommended to prevent the teeth from shifting in.
Actually I’m quite ok for him to put URA, but is braces really needed? My child is still so young and I’m afraid if he puts on URA as well as braces together, he will feel super uncomfortable and we were told that the braces he has to put on till he is 11 years old!
Do any mummies here have the same issue as mine but did not have their children braces on? Do he/she has any issue now?

If your children have URA and braces on at this young age? How does your child react after these are put on? Are there any other questions I should ask before start of the treatment? What are the things I should watch out for?
Appreciate your kind advice and thanks in advance.

Back