Bleeding at Week 5

Hi ladies, I feel that if spotting continues best to try get a proluton jab or maybe ask the doctor for medicine to stop the spotting. At least to put our mind at ease cos it can be quite worrying

I don’t know if it’s because off the hormonal medications that I am taking or the hormonal changes that are taking place but I am feeling really down lately...my emotions are up and down, feel upset out of the blue..
Think the uncertainty causes the emotional roller coaster as well.. try to watch some funny variety shows/dramas to ease the emotions. Hopefully it helps!

Are you okay? If need to chat we are always here ya. Could be the hormones at work
Agree with Rainbowskies! We are always here For a chat!! ;)
Hi ladies, I feel that if spotting continues best to try get a proluton jab or maybe ask the doctor for medicine to stop the spotting. At least to put our mind at ease cos it can be quite worrying
I had a jab previously but seems like it’s not helping... so not too sure if should monitor first or head straight to a&e. :(

I don’t know if it’s because off the hormonal medications that I am taking or the hormonal changes that are taking place but I am feeling really down lately...my emotions are up and down, feel upset out of the blue..
Yes mood swing alot for me also.. trying to distract myself with dramas and office work.. but I know still challenging.. jia you!!

Yeap might be going to the gynae to check Tomorrow morning.. I feel that going to kkh o&g might not help.. the doc most likely will tell me the same ba..
Mine is 2.30pm. And yours? :)
3.10pm! So maybe can see you around

Are you okay? If need to chat we are always here ya. Could be the hormones at work
I am ok, trying my best to distract myself from thinking too much...maybe because I have not been sleeping well too, the night time urination is becoming very frequent. I wake up at least twice a night to pee..

Yeap might be going to the gynae to check Tomorrow morning.. I feel that going to kkh o&g might not help.. the doc most likely will tell me the same ba.. 3.10pm! So maybe can see you around
Ya, you can try to ask the gynae for the Proluton injection or medications to stop the spotting. I know there are some pregnant mummies who take the injection twice a week but different gynae may hv different advice.

May I know which gynae are you ladies with? I’ve went to Kkh O&G today and was told that there’s nothing she can do and can’t give me more progesterone jab as I had one less than a week ago. Till today, the spotting doesn’t stop and and am getting really depressed over it.

Yeap might be going to the gynae to check Tomorrow morning.. I feel that going to kkh o&g might not help.. the doc most likely will tell me the same ba.. 3.10pm! So maybe can see you around
Hehe.. see you around!!

Ya, you can try to ask the gynae for the Proluton injection or medications to stop the spotting. I know there are some pregnant mummies who take the injection twice a week but different gynae may hv different advice.
Yeap I went o&g yesterday and they finally gave me a jab because I was bleeding profusely. I transferred two on 23 Nov via IVF and I think one of them did not make it yesterday. Sharp pain, bad cramps, cold sweat and almost like fainting. I also pass out many clots through out the night and finally the bleeding is lesser this morning. Seeing doc sadhana this Monday so fingers crossed for now..
May I know which gynae are you ladies with? I’ve went to Kkh O&G today and was told that there’s nothing she can do and can’t give me more progesterone jab as I had one less than a week ago. Till today, the spotting doesn’t stop and and am getting really depressed over it.

Hehe.. see you around!!
I am seeing doc phua at koven and he asked me to relax and don't think too much.. he did not give me the jab as well when I see him yesterday morning because I was not bleeding when I see him.. doc phua told me that emotional health is very important for our baby so I am trying very hard not to think too much too.. just go scan if you are still worried.. I would rather spend the money to check.. he also said the jab is not proven to help during spotting so he ask me to relax at home..

Today he is closed so I went to o&g yesterday due to my heavy bleeding.. might have seen you in the waiting area? Take care and hope all of us will have a smooth pregnancy journey in 2020

Hi Jux2,
I understand what you are going through...seeing red at our stage of pregnancy, 1st trimester does not put our mind at ease at all. You are just a few days to seeing your gynae, Dr Sadhana...hang in there, Jia you! Will keep you in my prayers...everything will be alright. Keep us posted after your gynae visit.

Yeap I went o&g yesterday and they finally gave me a jab because I was bleeding profusely. I transferred two on 23 Nov via IVF and I think one of them did not make it yesterday. Sharp pain, bad cramps, cold sweat and almost like fainting. I also pass out many clots through out the night and finally the bleeding is lesser this morning. Seeing doc sadhana this Monday so fingers crossed for now.. I am seeing doc phua at koven and he asked me to relax and don't think too much.. he did not give me the jab as well when I see him yesterday morning because I was not bleeding when I see him.. doc phua told me that emotional health is very important for our baby so I am trying very hard not to think too much too.. just go scan if you are still worried.. I would rather spend the money to check.. he also said the jab is not proven to help during spotting so he ask me to relax at home..

Today he is closed so I went to o&g yesterday due to my heavy bleeding.. might have seen you in the waiting area? Take care and hope all of us will have a smooth pregnancy journey in 2020
Oh dear... take care please! Have plenty of rest of possible and try not to exert yourself! Yeah.. hope all of us have a smooth pregnancy!!

JTS. I had spotting a few days after getting my BFP and I was about 5+ weeks then. Infact, I was a few days short of my 6 weeks scan. It was just light brow spotting for a week initially which I monitored closely. I still remember it was a Sunday early morning when I pee and it turned to red. I rush to KKH O&G immediately and was given a jab, more support med and asked to rest for couple of days. The spotting tapered off subsequently but on the following Sunday, I started bleeding red again and it came with menses cramps. Rushed to O&G again and wasn’t optimistic about it and the wait to see doc seems forever as the doc was engaged in an emergency. And finally came my turn, the doc checked again and the heartbeats are still there but they can’t explain the bleeding either. Was given jab again and asked to bedrest for couple of days. Subsequently, Dr Tan HH also gave me bi-weekly jab till almost end of my 1st trimester to stabilize and that was my spotting/bleeding cleared finally. But throughout my preg, the fear is there. So hang on there and stay positive though I know it’s hard. Talk to your babies and just pray, regardless of your religion. Take care and all the best ladies!

Thanks melodychic, Trying2! Sure I will keep you girls posted on my update and I hope it will help others to cope their pregnancy too :)

Thanks milogal88 for sharing and it does give me more hope and I will ask doc sadhana on Monday for her opinion. Maybe taking additional hospitalisation leave might help.

It is strange that some doctors feel that the jab is not necessary despite us spotting or bleeding.. while some doctors feel that the jab will help..

Hope everyone is doing fine. Rest well and try not to move around so much. I realize I tend to have more spotting when I move.

Regarding the injection, I guess different docs have different perspective. Previous pregnancy HH Tan also gave me the jab but still ended in failure. From our perspective, doing something is better than doing nothing. Some docs maybe more pragmatic, others will give you the jab not so much that they think it will help but at least it gives us a peace of mind to say that we have done all that we can.

Went for my checkup today and gynae said the implantation location was on the lower part of the uterus cavity, which may be a cause for my bleeding. Need to go for a detailed scan tomorrow to be sure. Didn't ask for the injection in the end since no amount of hormones can help if that is really the cause of the bleeding. Not sure how it will go from here and the doc doesn't want to speculate until scan results can be confirmed.

I remember I asked my doc why is it that we have so much support meds to eat versus a normal pregnancy and if it’s because Ivf pregnancy is more vulnerable to m/c but he says no they are just being kiasu. I hear from the nurses that some doctors even call for a 2x jab to their patients a week because just to be safe. But then again I agree that it doesn’t 100% mean it will help ...lots of it still boil down to genetics and defects or not. Eventually ...still in God’s hands.. but I guess we all are doing what we can to have that peace of mind regardless

Last edited:
For my first pregnancy, my hcg was 1115 for the first blood test..i was asked to take 500mg proluton jab twice a week till week 12 even there was no bleeding...

For my current miscarriage, i was bleeding even before blood test...i took jab 250mg once a week...it does stop the bleeding...but somehow i still miscarriage‍..

I did not realise that there r so many of us who have experienced bleeding during early pregnancy.

Dear ivf mummies, hugs!

I might be further along than most of you. My next scan is next week and will be doing the Oscar or Harmony test.

I'm trying not to think too much about it and just focus on nonsense like "argh! My undergarments and work clothes don't fit anymore." :p

Keep thinking positive and channel all the good vibes to the little one.

Hi Jux2,
I understand what you are going through...seeing red at our stage of pregnancy, 1st trimester does not put our mind at ease at all. You are just a few days to seeing your gynae, Dr Sadhana...hang in there, Jia you! Will keep you in my prayers...everything will be alright. Keep us posted after your gynae visit.
Hi Jux2,
How was your check up yesterday? What did the doc say?

Oh well I just had spotting again but I also just had my jabs yesterday. Why why why

By the way what other support meds or supplements are you ladies on?

I’m currently already on x 3 duphaston a day, one to be taken at every meal.

Last edited:
Hi Jux2,
How was your check up yesterday? What did the doc say?
Hello melodychic,

Unfortunately both are gone. I believe they were passed out as huge blood clots last Wednesday night after my return from O&G. The jab that I took at O&G did not work for me. Oh well, the positive thing is that my womb is clear so there is no need to do further procedures. Doc Sadhana say it is worth a try again when I am ready. Most likely I will give another try this year (my third IVF) or unless I can conceived naturally Anyone knows when I should try again?

Best of luck to you girls! Emotional health is really important and I believe I neglected this fact so please do try to relax if possible and distract yourself with happy thoughts.

Cheers

Hello melodychic,

Unfortunately both are gone. I believe they were passed out as huge blood clots last Wednesday night after my return from O&G. The jab that I took at O&G did not work for me. Oh well, the positive thing is that my womb is clear so there is no need to do further procedures. Doc Sadhana say it is worth a try again when I am ready. Most likely I will give another try this year (my third IVF) or unless I can conceived naturally Anyone knows when I should try again?

Best of luck to you girls! Emotional health is really important and I believe I neglected this fact so please do try to relax if possible and distract yourself with happy thoughts.

Cheers

Big hugs to you. :( I’m so sorry to hear this and I absolutely know how this feels as I have gone through this painful loss before.

Please take time to heal.. try to drink longan red dates water. You may try naturally after 2 menses cycle as long as you are ready.

Oh well I just had spotting again but I also just had my jabs yesterday. Why why why

By the way what other support meds or supplements are you ladies on?

I’m currently already on x 3 duphaston a day, one to be taken at every meal.
Hello melodychic,

Cheers
Hi Jux2,
Sorry to hear about it. I understand your feelings, it’s going to take some time to heal emotionally, not just physically.

Give yourself a short break (mentally, physically and emotionally) before trying again. The good thing is CNY holidays are around the corner and you can have some personal me time to yourself. You can try again when you are ready. Stay strong & we are here to listen if you need to pour things out...HUGS!!

Hi all, currently 7 weeks preg.
Ystdae night suddenly had red blood bleeding, with two small blood clots.
After which is all brown blood.
Went to my gynae, scanned and heard baby's heartbeat. All is good he said.
He put me on duphaston 3 times a day. And ask me to rest more...
Still worried..

Hi all, currently 7 weeks preg.
Ystdae night suddenly had red blood bleeding, with two small blood clots.
After which is all brown blood.
Went to my gynae, scanned and heard baby's heartbeat. All is good he said.
He put me on duphaston 3 times a day. And ask me to rest more...
Still worried..
Has your spotting stopped after you started on Duphaston? Are you in bed rest now?

Hi everyone,

I understand this is an old post. But I am curious if your pregnancy made it to birth? I am now 5w6d,i had bleeding last night, gushing out suddenly. So we went to hosp and scanned, basically the pregnancy is there thou no heartbeat yet cos guess it's still early. I was on duphaston 2x a day anow increased to 3x a day. Basically after I started the new dosage, there was only some light spotting.. But i am still nervous.... I wanted to know how everyone update.

Hi everyone,

I understand this is an old post. But I am curious if your pregnancy made it to birth? I am now 5w6d,i had bleeding last night, gushing out suddenly. So we went to hosp and scanned, basically the pregnancy is there thou no heartbeat yet cos guess it's still early. I was on duphaston 2x a day anow increased to 3x a day. Basically after I started the new dosage, there was only some light spotting.. But i am still nervous.... I wanted to know how everyone update.

Hi there, my bleeding/spotting lasted for a week. Then it stopped.. my little baby gonna due next mth. Do bed rest, dont over exert yourself. Anything you feel not comfortable, pls go hospital to check. Take care :)

Hi everyone,

I had spotting/bleeding/cramps when I was 5 weeks+ into my pregnancy. My twins made it and they are 4yo now. Other than increase in support med, I was on support jabs on alternate week as well till the end of my 1st trimester. You might wish to request from your gyne.

Back