((BLACKLIST)) *** PCF Jalan Kayu SparkleTots

jokergerl

Dear Mummies ;

Pls don't ever send ur child to this horrible sch .The management is bad & so are the unprofessional teachers! Bad experience.My son had been in this sch since infant 11mths till today. He has contracted acute bronchitis from the sch .There has been many incidents about the horrible sch .

The recent incident was cause by the teacher's negligence on not watching at my son & another child pulling over a water bottle. As a result ,my son now has a permanent scar over at this chin. When i emailed to the sch supervisor ,their only action was to take the teacher out from the toddler class & issue her verbal warning.

This teacher of my son's toddler class is not certified & can't handle young children according to another co-teacher. She finds it very pressurizing handling them esp when the class is only of 9children.You can imagine the worst out of this. My poor lil boy's health & diet has deteriorated drastically .For a 20mth old boy weighing 10.7kg &short in height. Very upsetting when im a FTWM.The sch supervisor couldn't do anything as she still has her 'BIG' boss to go through.

The way the handled the situation was very bad&no apology from the sickening teacher.

The MCYS should really look into this school & close it down.

My advice don't send your poor child to this horrible school!!! Pls share.

Oh dear! That sounds bad. You sld make a report to mycs. Action sld be taken and you sld go down to see the principal of the school. If it can happen to your poor son, it can happen again.

Sigh! I'm really contemplating to send my 3mths old infant to infantcare )):

Yes I've escalated to mcys & they would investigate on this matter. I only started sending my son when he was 11mths. Be careful & get reviews from mummies on your school preference. I believe that there are still good & dedicated teachers whom exist.

If u are looking on sending ur bby to the above school,forget about it. i pity those innocent children under the care of useless teachers.

wow...thank you for sharing! i stayed in fernvale and was searching for infant care. I called PCF Jalan Kayu and they told me waitlist very long ....it seem to me that the school is popular. You should go to the press or find MP to feedback on this. For infant care, me very kiasu...will ensure i am 100% comfortable with the care giver, make sure they are certified (many centre emply no certified and no experience one), hygience, centre is spacious and centre divide infant mobile and non mobile. My baby is now in little skool house ghim moh and is super good.

Waiting list long? LOL I see for the past 9 months there been soo many teachers being re-shuffled from the nursery to the infant & toddler.Time to time,they just attached a memo saying that this teacher would be in the toddler class & she's certified with diploma or some crap bogus info.I started having doubts with the school when i alws see parents taking out their children every now & then.i don't want to tarnish the school's reputation by going to he press.

Benefit of the doubt,the teacher's qualifications can be bogus!Most teachers there are PRCS whom cant even speak proper english though i know they are there to educate chinese.I was shocked when the supervisor of the sch replied saying that ' our centre takes a serious view of teacher's negligence. As spoken, we have taken Mdm XXX out of the Toddler class immediately the next day. She had also been counselled and given a verbal warning. Why is the school still keeping her when she's not suitable to be a teacher??Talking about hygiene,it's worse.Food leftovers on the mouth causing rashes.Furthermore,my son has phobia when water touches his head upon showering.All along he enjoys bathing.Recently,he dosent like water.soo worrying.Tis school is a nightmare.very BIAS & USELESS.

Now I've started to send my son to CC at my first skool @ serangoon nth,I hope things would be better.
Thanks Sally :)

Hi luckybaby, u mentioned Jalan Kayu Sparkletots, do you mean the branch at Fernvale Blk 441B or Serangoon North Ave 4?

My girl is starting at the branch at blk 441B,
I'm feeling worried after reading your post...

Can consider Ichiban at Blk 439. Their infants all very happy looking..
happy.gif

Hi lena,
Have ur girl started at 441b? How is it? And whats the fees like
?

Anyone has any reviews on moriah schoolhouse at blk 409 fernvale rd and smartie cottage at 405b fernvale lane?

HI Mummy, Yup.. My girl has started in Jan.. She seem to like the school and adapting well after about a week plus... Though i find too many PRC teachers there but at least they're quite nice towards my kid... The fees is $642 before sub for full day program... how old is ur kid?

I visited Moriah ard Mar 2012 before as they seem to have good review online.. I dun reali like the class size as for my girl's age (toddler), the class size is 20+ children! Though they have allocate a big area and a few teachers jus for that class but i dun reali like cos i find too many kids... One of them is form teacher and the rest is assistant teachers... How can the form teacher know the kid well if there're too many kids? As for smartie cottage, i only look from outside and already dun like the feeling so did not go in to view....

These are just my opinions which other mummies may tin differently..
happy.gif
So if you reali wanna noe more, visitin the center urself is a better choice...
happy.gif

Back to PCF Sparkletots Jalan Kayu at SN4 blk 517...
My dd left the centre in dec 2012.
To my horror... My CDA statement came and I saw a $300 deduction in April 2013!!
I called the centre up and the administrator said 'system error', she was 'just about to call me to inform me'
I have since gotten the $300 back into my account (with no follow up phonecall btw). BUT what happened was simply unacceptable.

Hi.. any newer update on sparkletots @serangoon north ave 4? Isit still as bad? Any reviews pls.. thks in adv

I'm in Fernvale too, But we had very good experience with my son's childcare at 415A and 469B/C (PCF). 415A was my boy's 1st CC, because at that time 469B wasn't operating and it's nearer to my place.
Hope this helps.

I'm in Fernvale too, But we had very good experience with my son's childcare at 415A and 469B/C (PCF). 415A was my boy's 1st CC, because at that time 469B wasn't operating and it's nearer to my place.
Hope this helps.

I was browsing through the website for some answers and I came across this, which I thought I should give some important updates as a parent.
415A PCF CC should be good like you have experienced in 2017. But I am sure it is different now. They have changed the Centre Principal (CP) since December 2017. PCF has combined both the centers at 415A and 416A, which is under the same the CP. My son was attending the half day at 416A since 2017, and we just withdrew him out.
We have never seen the CP before till I filed in my complaints.
Since Jan 2018 till now, incidences have been happening to my son.
From feeding of food not supposed to be fed, to being hit, to being accused twice of hurting other children, in which was proven otherwise when I wanted proof by viewing the CCTV.
Not to touch in details of whatever happened for all, just one point, feeding of food not supposed to be fed. For the entire year of 2017, nothing of this sort happened. Teachers are well aware of my son's condition and did not feed him won't any outside food even when there's birthday celebrations. We even stated very clearly of his condition in the communication booklet. Due to the changes in the Centre, there were changes in the teachers as well. My son was fed with cake on one occasion, which they don't even know the contents of the cake. To sum it up, the CP was totally unaware of all these incidences, and dare say that we just verbally tell the teachers my son's condition , they will update it in their allergy listing (all these while it wasn't updated while we indicated clearly that inside the communication book??!). Best of all, the CP said we did not write it down specifically NO OUTSIDE FOOD! This is pure irresponsible. In other words, If you stated your child has peanut allergy, they will feed your child with food made from unknown ingredients, and say you did not say no outside food. By the way, no sharing of food is allowed in PCF. This is just one of the many cases.
A lot of parents are complaining about the CP. How the Centre is being run, which most experiment this only after the change in CP. PCF is giving her chances, for I believe due to manpower shortage.
Waiting for serious things to happen like some child gets hospitalized or worst lose the life then I think PCF will notice. This CP has no integrity and not capable of her position, for she is best at giving you the million dollar smile, and twist and change facts, and worst become arrogant when the top management is not around. We faced it all, but well, decided, even when the HQ and ECDA is looking into this, for the safety of my son, to take him out of this place.
4 teachers changed in 6 months and still changing.

Lastly, the Chinese Teacher cannot even give a review or progress report on my son. Only the English language teacher was able to do it. Too many teachers changed? How can the new teachers give a report for if ample time wasn't allowed for them, and they have 40 children to know. Is this progress report written just for show? We don't expect our children to be Rocket Scientist at PCF, but at least their behavioral improvements or concerns if any.

For all those who intend to place your beloved children there, pls think thrice. For those who's already in it, don't think your child says NOTHING means nothing for parents at both 415A and 416A, at different levels are complaining.
Why not change kindergarten? Try getting in your darling into a child care or kindergarten mid year near your vicinity.
Thus why, I think the CP is so daring. I will be writing a thread on this in more details for what we want is our children to be safe, happy and we parents assured when we place them there to learn. Not to get injured, unhappy and we parents stressed whenever we send them to school.

This should be especially for working parents, who trusted and placed their children in CC while at work.

Last edited:

Back