hi everyone, i just chanced upon this thread. I myself am diagnosed with hydrosalpinx on my left tube since 2 years ago via a hsg test.

I've been so upset over this even though I've been told I could still conceive with the right one. I'm not sure why this happens also.

Tried natural iui 3 times but to no avail. My only next option seems to be ivf and to be honest I'm really feeling quite scared about having to go through the operation to remove the tube before doing ivf. But I guess there is no point for me trying iui anymore as who knows maybe my right side is not so good even it's not blocked?

The dr has told us that we can't claim through insurance because it's removing of tubes. Does any one of you here know the cost approximately and whether can the cost be claimable through either my or my husband's medisave?

hi everyone, i just chanced upon this thread. I myself am diagnosed with hydrosalpinx on my left tube since 2 years ago via a hsg test.

I've been so upset over this even though I've been told I could still conceive with the right one. I'm not sure why this happens also.

Tried natural iui 3 times but to no avail. My only next option seems to be ivf and to be honest I'm really feeling quite scared about having to go through the operation to remove the tube before doing ivf. But I guess there is no point for me trying iui anymore as who knows maybe my right side is not so good even it's not blocked?

The dr has told us that we can't claim through insurance because it's removing of tubes. Does any one of you here know the cost approximately and whether can the cost be claimable through either my or my husband's medisave?
Hi Rainbowskies,
Me too removed both sides of my tubes in June 2017, when dr told me i have to remove botb sides, i was vv upset, cos i felt i could no longer conceive naturally anymore, but hubby said its for my own good.. what if the hydrosalpinx get worsen or what? We nv know right
Initially i was told that insurance will not be fully covered, but i managed to claim under my company insurance, u see if u can request your dr not to write anything related to infertility.. mine stated pelvic inflammatory...
My total bill was $4500+ estimated, about 2k medisave i think, cant rmb... company paid a total of 4k for me and so i only forked out 450 cash...
After removing my tubes in june, i went for ivf fresh cycle and did ER in sept and frozen ET in dec 2017, im now 8 weeks pregnant!
Hydrosalphinx will reduce our chance of ivf success by halved, so by removing the infected tubes which are of no use to us and might harm our body in the long run isnt a bad thing also...
I wish u all the best!

Hi Rainbowskies,
Me too removed both sides of my tubes in June 2017, when dr told me i have to remove botb sides, i was vv upset, cos i felt i could no longer conceive naturally anymore, but hubby said its for my own good.. what if the hydrosalpinx get worsen or what? We nv know right
Initially i was told that insurance will not be fully covered, but i managed to claim under my company insurance, u see if u can request your dr not to write anything related to infertility.. mine stated pelvic inflammatory...
My total bill was $4500+ estimated, about 2k medisave i think, cant rmb... company paid a total of 4k for me and so i only forked out 450 cash...
After removing my tubes in june, i went for ivf fresh cycle and did ER in sept and frozen ET in dec 2017, im now 8 weeks pregnant!
Hydrosalphinx will reduce our chance of ivf success by halved, so by removing the infected tubes which are of no use to us and might harm our body in the long run isnt a bad thing also...
I wish u all the best!

Thanks for sharing the information and your experience! Did it take long for the recovery?

I was thinking not to wait any longer as I've dragged for more than two years now. I didn't know that the infected tubes may affect our body in the long run! I am going to consult the doctor for the op very soon, and I pray hope that I can soon also be able to conceive just like you!

Thanks for sharing the information and your experience! Did it take long for the recovery?

I was thinking not to wait any longer as I've dragged for more than two years now. I didn't know that the infected tubes may affect our body in the long run! I am going to consult the doctor for the op very soon, and I pray hope that I can soon also be able to conceive just like you!
We dunno if that will affect our body in the long run anot.. we are just afraid it might! So to play safe... dont worry... i took about a week plus to recover fully

We dunno if that will affect our body in the long run anot.. we are just afraid it might! So to play safe... dont worry... i took about a week plus to recover fully

True, as it is I'm always feeling some dull aches from the side of my spoilt tube. I cried the whole of yesterday again thinking why is this such a struggle. Have also made appointment for my surgery now.

Joked with the husband that I will be lighter after the surgery.

True, as it is I'm always feeling some dull aches from the side of my spoilt tube. I cried the whole of yesterday again thinking why is this such a struggle. Have also made appointment for my surgery now.

Joked with the husband that I will be lighter after the surgery.
I understand how u feel.. i was too damn upset before removing my tubes, on the day of removal and after removal.. told me hubby im not a complete woman anymore... he said its bullshit lah!
Whats the point of having something useless to us...
Get this condition treated and embarked on another journey... its going to be good! Cheer up... i went thru what u are going thru now...

I understand how u feel.. i was too damn upset before removing my tubes, on the day of removal and after removal.. told me hubby im not a complete woman anymore... he said its bullshit lah!
Whats the point of having something useless to us...
Get this condition treated and embarked on another journey... its going to be good! Cheer up... i went thru what u are going thru now...

sigh yes the fear is real.. dr was saying to me.. women are always attached to their tubes.. i didn't know want to laugh or what when he said that..

tell myself it's just a keyhole surgery and i will just be more familar with the surgery room sooner or later anyway.

sigh yes the fear is real.. dr was saying to me.. women are always attached to their tubes.. i didn't know want to laugh or what when he said that..

tell myself it's just a keyhole surgery and i will just be more familar with the surgery room sooner or later anyway.
You are with Dr Chew at NUH right? Me too.. he solved my hydrosalpinx and i proceeded with Ivf after that...

He always so funny one lah.. but my hubby was like chop chop remove lor the moment Dr Chew proposed the plan..

You are with Dr Chew at NUH right? Me too.. he solved my hydrosalpinx and i proceeded with Ivf after that...

He always so funny one lah.. but my hubby was like chop chop remove lor the moment Dr Chew proposed the plan..

You too? But I dunno why my costing differs a lot and then he keep telling me cannot claim bla bla bla... Damn sad.. so not sure if he is able to help anot.. i told my hubby just be prepared for the
additional costs which is a lot ... sigh..

Yes haha he's really chop chop and our sessions nv last more than 15 mins

Back