Bad result on First Trimester Scan

Peng Yee

I am 38 years old and this is my 1st pregnancy.today is my 13weeks 5 days pregnancy. I just get my FTS result from KKH.
NT 2.9mm and Trimosy 21 is 1:11( adjusted result) . I had also done my harmony test on 8 april but still pending result until now . They told me the harmony result will be out on next week 27 April and on the same day will have appointment with my gynae as well.
I am now very anxious and worried. When hear the result T21 was 1:11 .I was shocked and keep crying. I also not sure NT 2.9mm is consider normal ? The counsellor advise me wait for the harmony result and decide if want to proceed with amnio test ...
I am lost and dont know what I can do now except waiting...

At this moment, you can only wait. Heard FTS always give false positive result, thats y we skip the FTS and only do the harmony test.
However, wish everything goes fine to your little one.

Thank you yewtee .Right now I need a way to voice out my worries . I scare I will be depression if I just keep it to myself .
Waiting is a torturing process ..

Thank you yewtee .Right now I need a way to voice out my worries . I scare I will be depression if I just keep it to myself .
Waiting is a torturing process ..
yes, waiting is torturing process..... and please always think positive, perhaps your hubby give u some support too......
pray hard for u.
Cheers.

Don't worry. My NT scan was 3.2mm, and my adjusted risk was 1:5. My doc told me as long as nasal bone is visible and NT is less than 3.5nm, he won't be worried. I also did the panorama test, and it shows results are normal, no high risk. I'm sure you will be all right. The higher adjusted risk was due to your maternal age. But the panorama test will give you a pretty good picture, and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Don't worry. My NT scan was 3.2mm, and my adjusted risk was 1:5. My doc told me as long as nasal bone is visible and NT is less than 3.5nm, he won't be worried. I also did the panorama test, and it shows results are normal, no high risk. I'm sure you will be all right. The higher adjusted risk was due to your maternal age. But the panorama test will give you a pretty good picture, and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
Thank you isabel. I am a bit released when I read your reply . I am praying hard and hope my harmony test will have a good result .
Did you proceed to do the amnio test after your panorama test?

Back