Bad Oscar Test Results

6E4EF999-9263-475F-AEB8-D2FAFC0A4EA5.png

Yessss! No we decided not to go for amnio. I’m just waiting for my detailed scan next month❤ Praying that our baby boy is normal & healthy ♥
I had a miscarriage a week after amnio.. I believe it’s related but the gynae Deny. Anyway passed already. I did NT scan and harmony test for my last pregnancy where I gave birth to a boy.. didn’t go for Oscar blood work. You may like to consider doing that

I had a miscarriage a week after amnio.. I believe it’s related but the gynae Deny. Anyway passed already. I did NT scan and harmony test for my last pregnancy where I gave birth to a boy.. didn’t go for Oscar blood work. You may like to consider doing that
Sorry to hear that! But I know everything happens for a reason Good to know that you have a baby boy Mine also is a baby boy

This is the result of my Oscar Test:

Gestational Age: 12 weeks & 5 days
NT- 3.50mm
Nasal Bone: 3.2mm
Background Risk for T21: 1:791
Adjusted Risk for T21: 1:25
Fall to High Risk Result

Both T18 & T13 are Low Risk.
Hi grae08,
I’m in similar situation with you, poor OSCAR scan as NT showing 2.9mm, slightly above average of 2.5mm. I did NIPT on the same day as oscar and result came back low risk, but OB still asked me to consider amnio.
How is your detailed scan? Have you done it?

Hi grae08,
I’m in similar situation with you, poor OSCAR scan as NT showing 2.9mm, slightly above average of 2.5mm. I did NIPT on the same day as oscar and result came back low risk, but OB still asked me to consider amnio.
How is your detailed scan? Have you done it?
Hello, good day! Still waiting for may detailed scan this month. I’m quite nervous. How’s your detailed scan?

Hello, good day! Still waiting for may detailed scan this month. I’m quite nervous. How’s your detailed scan?

ah not yet, im still on my week 13 right now. But went to another OB with sub speciality in fetal maternal assessment and the doctor said not to worry too much if nasal bone is present and NIPT is showing low risk. So a bit of reassurance than the previous OB. But he also said to keep monitoring through week 16 and week 20 scan

ah not yet, im still on my week 13 right now. But went to another OB with sub speciality in fetal maternal assessment and the doctor said not to worry too much if nasal bone is present and NIPT is showing low risk. So a bit of reassurance than the previous OB. But he also said to keep monitoring through week 16 and week 20 scan
wow it’s a good news for you. mine will be this month. Hopefully everything is okay God willing.

Im 26 yrs old n got my oscar result ytd it was very bad 1:17 im so worried .. we thought everything wen smoothly cz the NT measurement all result is ok , nt 2.6 nasal bone present .. my doctor keep pushing me to do cvs / amnio , and not the nipt test . We want to do the cvs but worry cz there's a risk of miscarriage

Im 26 yrs old n got my oscar result ytd it was very bad 1:17 im so worried .. we thought everything wen smoothly cz the NT measurement all result is ok , nt 2.6 nasal bone present .. my doctor keep pushing me to do cvs / amnio , and not the nipt test . We want to do the cvs but worry cz there's a risk of miscarriage

so sorry to hear that! But did the OB mention why is it 1:17 if NT is within range and nasal bone is present? Those are the soft markers for DS so if both are fine there has to be other reasons. Don’t worry too much first, I think it is better to go for NIPT first before doing amnio/ cvs since it has some risks to the baby.

so sorry to hear that! But did the OB mention why is it 1:17 if NT is within range and nasal bone is present? Those are the soft markers for DS so if both are fine there has to be other reasons. Don’t worry too much first, I think it is better to go for NIPT first before doing amnio/ cvs since it has some risks to the baby.
He keep said that ultrasound ( nt scan ) not accurate / cant guarantee ur baby is ok . So he keep push me to do amnio / cvs to make sure :( i will get 2nd opinion today whther i take nipt or directly cvs

He keep said that ultrasound ( nt scan ) not accurate / cant guarantee ur baby is ok . So he keep push me to do amnio / cvs to make sure :( i will get 2nd opinion today whther i take nipt or directly cvs
What? If the NT scan is not accurate then why did the OB recommended it in the first place? That is so weird IMO. Yeah I think u better get 2nd opinion. In my case, my NIPT was low risk and a slightly thicker NT. I didn’t do amnio and went for another scan on week 15 and the NT is now within range (2.2mm) and everything else on the scan seems normal (heart, kidney, liver etc) , but even so the OB still asked if I want to do amnio

What? If the NT scan is not accurate then why did the OB recommended it in the first place? That is so weird IMO. Yeah I think u better get 2nd opinion. In my case, my NIPT was low risk and a slightly thicker NT. I didn’t do amnio and went for another scan on week 15 and the NT is now within range (2.2mm) and everything else on the scan seems normal (heart, kidney, liver etc) , but even so the OB still asked if I want to do amnio

He said we need to look at the overall oscar result , cant see by the nt scan result itself ..

Glad to hear that! I think no need go for amnio alr!

Can share gynae u go to?

Back