Azoospermia

Sorry to hear about this... What's the cause of it? I read that there are some ways to retrieve if there's a blockage... but that requires assessment by a fertility doctor. I have a friend whose husband is with this problem... unfortunately the doctor said even with ivf, chances are very low. They are moving on to adoption plans..

origorig

Unfortunately, DH (dear husband) has been diagnosed with testicular failure. he has very high FSH 67.4 IU/L, high LH 26.47 IU/L, normal testosterone 11.22 mmol/L.

Urologist said treatment will be very slim chance. we are not keen on donor sperm or adoption for now. we really wanted a biology child

Does anyone happen to have similar case and managed to have successful story and how? We are thinking of TCM

Last edited:

lady081980

6BEEAA64-9D40-4808-9B4F-BB8AC130338B.png
Unfortunately, DH (dear husband) has been diagnosed with testicular failure. he has very high FSH 67.4 IU/L, high LH 26.47 IU/L, normal testosterone 11.22 mmol/L.

Urologist said treatment will be less than 1% chance. we are not keen on donor sperm or adoption for now. we really wanted a biology child

Does anyone happen to have similar case and managed to have successful story and how? We are thinking of TCM
Unfortunately, I haven’t come across any successful stories. Maybe u can try tcm. I came across same situation as yours as her hubby also zero sperm found but she use donor sperm of next-in-kin and had given birth. Maybe u can check with her. Try to read her chat history too

tine

I have similar as yours, my hubby too, we are seeing TCM too since Dec 2018, but no change in his condition yet.
we have to be strong and face this together, might go and see doctor overseas if needed

Urologist said treatment will be less than 1% chance. we are not keen on donor sperm or adoption for now. we really wanted a biology child

I’m having same issue and I understand how u feel.. very depressed and lost.. did you try tcm? Does it work? Hope to hear from u soon.

tine

Hi, can I know how u resolve the issue?

Hello i know it is not easy but we have to be strong and decide what is best for our family, if we are sad , it will affect our husband too , he will feel guilty for the main course of fertility.

My husband TCM treatment did not work, so we still on going consultation with overseas doctor, i find singapore urologist is not so confident in non obstructive high fsh azoospermia case and will directly recommend donor sperm in general without being emphathatic towards affected family.

Having said that, u can try to find a reputable urologist that confident to do surgery to find the sperm, no matter how small is the chance.
But u have to financially prepare because it is not cheap and every surgery there is a risk. At least now i assume your husband sexual function is normal, but post surgery we will
Never know what’s going to happen.

My piece of advice is be positive , always remember the basic foundation of your marriage with your husband, having a child is not everything, i always felt having a loving and good husband is more important. And unfortunately we face one of the most difficult fertiltiy root cause.

Dont be too stress, remember that you are not facing this alone, a lot of couple face it too but culturally taboo to discuss it.

Hello i know it is not easy but we have to be strong and decide what is best for our family, if we are sad , it will affect our husband too , he will feel guilty for the main course of fertility.

My husband TCM treatment did not work, so we still on going consultation with overseas doctor, i find singapore urologist is not so confident in non obstructive high fsh azoospermia case and will directly recommend donor sperm in general without being emphathatic towards affected family.

Having said that, u can try to find a reputable urologist that confident to do surgery to find the sperm, no matter how small is the chance.
But u have to financially prepare because it is not cheap and every surgery there is a risk. At least now i assume your husband sexual function is normal, but post surgery we will
Never know what’s going to happen.

My piece of advice is be positive , always remember the basic foundation of your marriage with your husband, having a child is not everything, i always felt having a loving and good husband is more important. And unfortunately we face one of the most difficult fertiltiy root cause.

Dont be too stress, remember that you are not facing this alone, a lot of couple face it too but culturally taboo to discuss it.
Can I know ur hubby is having azoospermia due to what issue? Which overseas doctor u are consulting?

I’m having same issue and I understand how u feel.. very depressed and lost.. did you try tcm? Does it work? Hope to hear from u soon.
Hi, would like to check how are you dealing with this? My husband was also diagnosed with azoospermia with high FSH & LH & borderline low testosterone.

We are trying gonal-f injection & clomid orally. Also supplements & tcm with accupunture. Doctor told us to continue on for 4 months before checking again on the semen analysis. So far its been 1 month.

Hope to hear more from others

tine

Hi, would like to check how are you dealing with this? My husband was also diagnosed with azoospermia with high FSH & LH & borderline low testosterone.

We are trying gonal-f injection & clomid orally. Also supplements & tcm with accupunture. Doctor told us to continue on for 4 months before checking again on the semen analysis. So far its been 1 month.

Hope to hear more from others
Treatment takes time, hope the treatment works, my husband also taking clomid. We also hope for miracle.

Treatment takes time, hope the treatment works, my husband also taking clomid. We also hope for miracle.
please update me, just starting on this journey for a month, didnt have any friend with the same problem so i start to look for forum to hear more experiences. Hope to hear positive news from you and DH, good luck!

tine

Infertility issue is seldom discussed because of stigma and ego, i heard some couple didnt even share with parents , which i am surprised, also some to prevent more peer pressure , opt for donor sperm which is more private and confidential.

yes i heard about that, heard from a friend that her DH refused to check and always blame on the wife for not being able to get pregnant for 3 years! Thankfully my DH is willing to do the checks, thus i have to be supportive too!

Kumo21

Hi, my DH was also diagnosed with azoospermia with high FSH & LH and normal testosterone level.

Would like to know any successful treatment?
And recommended doctor to go to?

Hi im not sure if its the same case as my husband have borderline low testosterone. His is
FSH: 44.2 IU/L
LH: 21.24 IU/L
testosterone: 9.32 nmol/L

We are seeing urologist dr michael wong in mount elizabeth and ongoing with hormone therapy of clomid & gonal-f injection, also going to tcm, going to 2nd month now. Will do the checks only in mid january, so cant advice yet whether it is a successful treatment. Will update here again.

Stay strong most important is to be strong for our DH.

Kumo21

Hi im not sure if its the same case as my husband have borderline low testosterone. His is
FSH: 44.2 IU/L
LH: 21.24 IU/L
testosterone: 9.32 nmol/L

We are seeing urologist dr michael wong in mount elizabeth and ongoing with hormone therapy of clomid & gonal-f injection, also going to tcm, going to 2nd month now. Will do the checks only in mid january, so cant advice yet whether it is a successful treatment. Will update here again.

Stay strong most important is to be strong for our DH.
Yeah. About the same. We’ll be seeing urologist and find a tcm to go too.

Good luck to you. Hopefully you’ll be able to hear some good news.

We have seen urologist, tcm, senior fertity consultant also no use. My hubby fsh is 50 plus and testosterone is 5 plus. Pls let me know if you know if you all found a solution.