Azoospermia

Hello,
When I went for my fertility check at Thomson medical, the doctor also immediately said that the only option for us is to look into donor sperm. My husband and I didn’t like the dr despite he is so experienced. It’s like a death sentence to us!
so in the end we decided to go to KKH. We did quite an extensive blood test and the doctor found out the reason, and suggested IVF+PGT.
I will be starting the cycle this May, but what I wanna share is, don’t give up!Look for other options!

Hi Yan01,

Cannot agree more w you. Never give up!
How is your IVF journey?
Which stage are you now?

Hello!

May I know if any couple is diagnosed with Azoospermia and was able to conceived?

Currently, I am diagnosed with NOA and am going through Gonal F treatment with a doctor at Mount E. Am at 1/3 of the journey but still show no signs of good news. Went to KKH and did a couple's fertility test/consultation and was advised not to waste time/money and straight to donor sperm as the doctor mentioned KKH has never seen a success story for Azoospermia, as mentioned in 1 of the thread, its like a death sentence without trying.

I've been reading online and seen some success stories in the world and there are modern treatments like IVG, sperm mapping and even this medication called Prolistem. I know its abit too early to call it quits, but it's pretty financially draining if there's no positive results at the end of the day.

Hello.
My hub also diagnose with Azoospermia, our dr at KKH suggested to do a chromosome test to find the cause of it. We are currently doing ICIS+ PGT. Did u do the chromosome test? Just curious who’s ur dr at KKH?

H
Hello!

May I know if any couple is diagnosed with Azoospermia and was able to conceived?

Currently, I am diagnosed with NOA and am going through Gonal F treatment with a doctor at Mount E. Am at 1/3 of the journey but still show no signs of good news. Went to KKH and did a couple's fertility test/consultation and was advised not to waste time/money and straight to donor sperm as the doctor mentioned KKH has never seen a success story for Azoospermia, as mentioned in 1 of the thread, its like a death sentence without trying.

I've been reading online and seen some success stories in the world and there are modern treatments like IVG, sperm mapping and even this medication called Prolistem. I know its abit too early to call it quits, but it's pretty financially draining if there's no positive results at the end of the day.

Hello there. Am sorry you were given this unfortunate diagnosis :( totally understand how you feel.
Did you get a diagnosis or a reason for your NOA? Like yan was saying - any genetic testing for y microdeletion done? Based on the results, I think from there you may be able to make a more informed decision about your next step.

Hello there. Am sorry you were given this unfortunate diagnosis :( totally understand how you feel.
Did you get a diagnosis or a reason for your NOA? Like yan was saying - any genetic testing for y microdeletion done? Based on the results, I think from there you may be able to make a more informed decision about your next step.
[/QUOTE]

Hello!
Yeah. My diagnosis comes from all the blood test, FSH etc. And confirmed with the sperm test. As for the genetic testing, yes, currently still waiting for the results. By any chance of recommending a Urologist/Andrologist?

C4E1B7C9-EEA3-495D-A131-E5022D540D44.jpeg

For those with husb’s swimmers not doing too well, I highly recommend these from iHerb.

We did our 1st SOIUI in March 2021, and it failed. My husb post wash was bare minimum of 1mil.

Then we chanced upon these supplements and thought no harm trying. He consumed less than 2 weeks before we did our 2nd SOIUI in May 2021. His post wash increased significantly of 9mil. Needlesstosay, It was a success alhamdullilah. The nurse called few hours after the compulsory blood test on 24/05/21 and confirmed it was a positive.

i don’t know if this will help but thought we would share our experience.

Looking forward to our first scan next monday.

Hi all,

Thought to just update as i havent wrote in this group for a while. DH was diagnosed with azoospermia from mumps during adolescent in sept 2019 and has been on hormone therapy of gonal f and ovidrel given by Dr Michael Wong in Mount E. He has high FSH , Lh and low testosterone. Due to covid we couldnt fly to singapore and did fna mapping in our country this june and found a immotile sperm. Doctor told us to give mtese a try and i prep myself for ivf, but during mtese, we couldnt find any sperm. Before mtese, his FSH is slightly high with normal LH & Testosterone is normal. For now we decide to rest and consult tcm to adjust his body and give it a rest for at least 6 months before deciding on what to do next. As i feel injecting hormone has also taken a toll on him & mtese is very uncomfortable and pain procedure.

It depends on why the husband has no sperm. It is true that some problems are serious and really no sperm is possible. He just has to accept that he can't have any genetic children, and go find a donor.

If it is a fixable problem, then get it fixed. A man can have testosterone level like a woman and still make you pregnant. His sperm can be even be harvested from inside him. For ICSI, you only need one good sperm per egg!

Back