AUTISM, ADHD, ADD, etc - SUPPORT GROUP!

Dear parents, happy new year!

Last December, I organized a recital for my special needs and neurotypical students. For autistic children, music lessons can be a form of therapy.

Here's a video of my 4-year-old autistic student's performance from our concert last year -
He enjoys music and looks forward to our weekly piano lessons. At home, he shows initiative to play songs on his own without adult supervision. He is able to sit through 45-min lessons and can now read notes on his own. Piano lessons have evolved to become a form of enjoyable therapy for him.

Anyone tried animal assisted therapy? Saw a short video on this therapy and it can help with socio-emotional development. Appreciate feedback from parents whom have tried this therapy.

In other news, I am providing piano lessons for individuals diagnosed with ASD and related disorders. I've studied the piano in the classical tradition for 20 years under some of the pre-eminent teachers in Singapore, and have 3 years of experience working with children and adults diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and related disorders. I am currently also pursuing a Master of Science in Psychology (Applied Behaviour Analysis).

If you are looking to nurture a genuine love of music in your children and equip them with a skill that will make a substantial contribution to their quality of life, feel free to contact me for a discussion.

My qualifications are as below:
DipABRSM
‘A’ Level Music Elective Programme
B. Soc. Sc. Psychology (Honours with Distinction)
Currently pursuing M.S. Psychology (Applied Behaviour Analysis)

Hi,

Last week, we went to KK and P.D observed that my 19 months old L.O have ASD features. They recommend to register EIPIC but as you know, the government one need to wait for 6~12 months.

So, I have decided to take a break from my work and want to accompany my daughter and train her whatever she is lacking.

Her condition is before 1 year old, she can do "bye-bye" but now she is not doing. But when we ask her do like clap hand or high-five or kiss mama, she do 4 out of 5 times. She has less eye-contact and did not response when we call her name. She like toe-walking and abit scared to try new things. She is picky eater and must force her to try 1st spoon of the food. Once she likes, the subsequence ones are easier. She does not like to play with other kids but sometime, she likes to play with my 7 years old nephew but not always.

I really want to train her on my own but the thing is I do not know where to start and how to communicate with her.

If there is any whatsapp group, I would like to join and seek for advice.

Thanks.

Hi,

Last week, we went to KK and P.D observed that my 19 months old L.O have ASD features. They recommend to register EIPIC but as you know, the government one need to wait for 6~12 months.

So, I have decided to take a break from my work and want to accompany my daughter and train her whatever she is lacking.

Her condition is before 1 year old, she can do "bye-bye" but now she is not doing. But when we ask her do like clap hand or high-five or kiss mama, she do 4 out of 5 times. She has less eye-contact and did not response when we call her name. She like toe-walking and abit scared to try new things. She is picky eater and must force her to try 1st spoon of the food. Once she likes, the subsequence ones are easier. She does not like to play with other kids but sometime, she likes to play with my 7 years old nephew but not always.

I really want to train her on my own but the thing is I do not know where to start and how to communicate with her.

If there is any whatsapp group, I would like to join and seek for advice.

Thanks.

Hi ,
I'm a Speech Therapist at an EIPIC. Your child is so lucky to have you as a mum who gave up her job to focus on her development. However, please look after yourself as well as stress may build up.

It's natural to not know where to start with your child as communicating and teaching a child with red flags for ASD is very challenging.

I believe seeking advice and support from a professional will help you while waiting for a place at EIPIC. Early intervention makes a huge difference! Good luck :)

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, i am looking for parents who are undergoing the same issues as me..

my son is 4.5 years old now and he is still not speaking.. his PD recommended ST but after a year of ST, there is still no improvements.. whatever 5-10 words he would say disappeared after the ST started sign language with him.. He PD recommended that we start EIPIC but after waiting for 10 months in the in wait-list, we decided to enroll him in a EIP instead. He has been there for a month now.

In addition to that we saw a developmental paediatrician, who has recommended OT for him as well. She also suspects that he has mild autism. I do not know what to do or how to support my child and would appreciate any advise and recommendations that anyone can provide. Any parents who doesn't mind sharing experiences or advice, please do reach out to me.

Thank you.

Hi,

Any good home therapist to recommend? As my child is currently under EIPIC, I'm looking into supplementing that with once or twice 1-to-1 home session a week.

My child is coming to 3 years old but still not speaking and following / understanding instructions. Appreciate if you can share proven therapist that you have engaged. Feel free to PM me. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi

is your son attending any childare or EIP? I really think EIP helps a lot. my son has speech delay too but he was not diagnosed as autism for now. my boy is 2 years plus this year. he used to have what all you mentioned above when he was 2 yrs old but he really starts to get better now after EIP. can see the difference after two months in school.
Hi cutiechar, can I pm u? Would like to find out more about the EIP, my DD went for an appointment at KKH for initial assessment and suspected austism. Similar to Rhea_ling, doesn't point, lack eye contact and non verbal. Coming to 2year old soon. If there is any support group pls let me know, am very stress now.

Last edited:
Hi mummies, I wonder what happened to your kids? Are they doing well? I have a 27 month old boy..who was doing very well..delveloping his milestones well..but lately I have started realising he doesn’t have much eye contact..likes to walk along the same distance..doesn’t say much words but can repeat words when we tell him to..also was very smart and cld recite alphabets, numbers and colours as early as 18 months..I have an appointments 3 months later but I am already gg crazy searching and reading..praying he isn’t..but there are some off signs..so worried

Hi parents, if you are looking for early intervention teacher, previously I have worked in EIPIC for more than 10 years. I have to stop bcoz of commitments and now I am doing homebased. I do a mixture of TEACCH and a bit of ABA. As for communication, I also do PECs.. On top of that, I also work on their joint attention skills. You can email me [email protected] if you need help and I be glad if I can offer any help or assist you in any way.. I am located in east area..

Last edited:
When do you decide it's time to bring your child to a psychiatrist? My child is 5 and has been assessed to be at risk if ADHD. The doctor said we can go to a psychiatrist now if we want to or wait until later.

Would love to hear experiences from parents and have recommendations for good child psychiatrist in the central region. Thank you!!

Hi mummies, any of your children has anger management issues or is kicking a fuss, crying every now and then? Have you heard of using sound therapy for such cases? Any feedback if you have tried before?

Back