April 2018 Mummies

Hi,
Anyone uses acne cream or gel safe for pregnancy? Can recommend? I have pimples popping between my brows and dare not to use my usual acne cream.

Yes all... I fully agreed on the tiredness. Usually after work I come straight home to rest. No mood for anything like shopping or gathering with frens. I think I saved loads of money!

I cannot finish any meal nowadays. Even 6 pieces of nuggets i start feeling like vomitting after 2nd piece. Also eating and drinking is a chore as there is a whole big list of nono foods and fruits and drinks. I have totally avoided coffee, tea and cold drinks.

Hope we can all quickly promote to the 2nd trimester soon!

btw.. i starting to find it hard to swallow plain water!
taste so yucky! i cheated and drank a bottle of pokka ice lemon tea yesterday and it totally cure my nausea!

do u all think it's ok to drink it every alternate day? really so in need of that!
I think it's totally OK to cheat once in a while! The first trimester is so tiring that every little bit counts.

But do watch out for gestational diabetes.

I was checked by my doctor for this because I am over 30 and my BMI is higher.

You can also DIY your own drinks with natural honey, and lemon. That way you can ensure you're drinking healthy drinks.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_gestational-diabetes_2058.bc

Appetite dropped since week 6, now at week 9 it's still the same. Looking at food makes me feel nausea.

I am a vegetarian who take diary product, therefore i try not to be picky on food.

Used to love eggs, peanuts, vegetables, sweet stuff, all these loose appeal to me now.

Has been craving for spicy and sour food like tomatoes, pasta, pizza and soupy stuff.. thankfully i still love fruits and milk.

Always feels bloated and tired after having meals. Do try to take multiple small meals. Sometimes to the extend my hands will feel so weak when feeling fatigue.

I am 7w2d, #1, still no sign of vomiting, only slight nausea. Keep touching my belly and checking for heartbeat.. so worried. Anyone experiencing no vomiting also?

Now week 9. Feeling nausea since week 5 but no vomit. Have u been to your first check up?

Now week 9. Feeling nausea since week 5 but no vomit. Have u been to your first check up?

Yup I did, doc gave me duphaston and fish oil. So far no vomit still and my appetite very good. I also recently went to see a home-based Chinese doc, he prescribed me some Chinese meds for an tai..

Yup I did, doc gave me duphaston and fish oil. So far no vomit still and my appetite very good. I also recently went to see a home-based Chinese doc, he prescribed me some Chinese meds for an tai..

My doctor also prescribed me 2 weeks supply of Duphaston. Vitamin B6 and folic acid.

Hi to all Mommy-To-Be's.
I'm totally new to this forum. I'm currently preg at 8 weeks 2 days (and this is our first baby). Recently, I had this "pee-feeling" after my 2nd check up on last Sat. Read some articles that this could be symptoms of UTI. Does anyone has this same experience as I am?
I'm still trying to schedule for a gynae's appt.l tomorrow.
Cheers to all!

Appetite dropped since week 6, now at week 9 it's still the same. Looking at food makes me feel nausea.

I am a vegetarian who take diary product, therefore i try not to be picky on food.

Used to love eggs, peanuts, vegetables, sweet stuff, all these loose appeal to me now.

Has been craving for spicy and sour food like tomatoes, pasta, pizza and soupy stuff.. thankfully i still love fruits and milk.

Always feels bloated and tired after having meals. Do try to take multiple small meals. Sometimes to the extend my hands will feel so weak when feeling fatigue.

Hi Ningyoo, I have the same experience as you, my nausea and appetite start to drop since week 6, I should be week 8 now, seeing gynae this week.
I have been a fan of cake and brownies but even since preggy I cannot take sweet pastries at all, sour and spicy food is my favourite. Personally I am a foodie...and I tide through this difficult first trimester by eating small meals and satisfy my craving every day.... as long as I eat, I don't end up vomiting..I guess this is how I manage to control the vomiting...

I am not a vegetarian but I do enjoy vegetarian food, recently I discovered a nice place for vegetarian Assam Laksa. I personally like Assam Laksa but I do not like the feeling of the fish in my broth,, this version is perfect because it is vegetariam.
thought I share it with you, so you can satisfy your craving during this tough times, I know how much encouragement I get and happier I become when I eat something I like and can stomach especially sour and spicy food!

It is just opposite Beauty World Exit (cant remember what alphabet) called D life. Dish name is "Signature Assam Laksa"...Don't go at 12pm on weekend, you have to wait like 35 minutes..

I always blame the weather or said nv slept well though I know not very convincing.. ;) my nausea still under control, keep taking sour plum.. but really don't know what to eat, everything taste different now.. I don't have metallic taste but having bitter taste :(

same issue at work... i don't look as happy as before, and I tried so hard to conceal my unwellness because cannot tell anyone now... sometimes i vomit alone in the handicap cubicle...then sneak out so colleague dont give me weird looks. It feels horrible not being to tell anyone now....really need everyone's support here.
I get by coughing and tell them I haven't recover from my cough...which is true. everytime I want to vomit, I end up coughing...then it might become Gagging.....by then I rush to the toilet already....

anyone been to first checkup with Gynae? can share what to expect from the session? Any blood test? I am preparing a list of questions to ask the doctor....

Hi hi, what doc say about the abdomen pain? I have been experiencing it...Google about it and say it's common as uterus expanding? Is that what ur gynae says? I haven't book an appointment with my gynae yet
hey aphroleez, the doctor didn't say much about the pain, just showed me the yolk sac from the scan....and then the doctor was quiet about it. Back then at week 5, they cannot hear heartbeat at all.
I am waiting to see the gynae this week, and I am so excited! I want to hear heartbeat...if not I will get very worried....

the abdominal pain went aaway, but sometimes when I squat for long like 10 min and get up...like clearing newspaper on the floor. then got a sudden pain...so i decided not to squat anymore...

anyone been to first checkup with Gynae? can share what to expect from the session? Any blood test? I am preparing a list of questions to ask the doctor....

Went to first gynea check up during week 7, initially i thought i am already week 8 when i first visit. Doctor say could be due to my mentral cycle.

Did ultrasound and v scan, get to see and hear baby's heartbeat. No blood test for me during the first visit. Doctor prescribed me folic acid, vitamin B6 and Duphaston. He also ask me to visit again this week. He also provide us options to consider whether to take oscar or paranoma test during week 12.

Went to first gynea check up during week 7, initially i thought i am already week 8 when i first visit. Doctor say could be due to my mentral cycle.

Did ultrasound and v scan, get to see and hear baby's heartbeat. No blood test for me during the first visit. Doctor prescribed me folic acid, vitamin B6 and Duphaston. He also ask me to visit again this week. He also provide us options to consider whether to take oscar or paranoma test during week 12.
Thank you! Serve as good reference ..I am already taking some folic acid but i will ask gynae if I can continue or to use the one prescribed

I kind of decided on panorama because I read online that Oscar is not conclusive.

Any views on this, mummies? :)

Hellos babe, are you seeing Dr. Wong in Tampines?
I am seeing him as well :)

He recommended Oscar initially, but I asked him if I can proceed to Panorama directly instead as I do not wish to waste time and money - if one gotten high risk for Oscar, most probably gotta go through Panorama first before moving to Amnio. He said okay and suggested to have partial Oscar (NT Scan) + Panorama. I agreed.

I just had mine done last Wednesday and waiting for my report now.

When's your next appointment with Dr. Wong?

I am with Thomson medical. Besides Oscar/ Paranoma, the nurse also give options whether to take Pre-Eclampsia (something to do with high blood pressure) and Thalassaemia (test red blood cell) Did anyone gone through these?

He recommended Oscar initially, but I asked him if I can proceed to Panorama directly instead as I do not wish to waste time and money - if one gotten high risk for Oscar, most probably gotta go through Panorama first before moving to Amnio. He said okay and suggested to have partial Oscar (NT Scan) + Panorama. I agreed.

Hi, how much does your doctor charge for both test?

hello! i am with Dr Wong too.
Can advise why u all decided on Panorama? based on what he advised with my age (30), panorama is total waste of money and oscar is good enough! so i am more or less convinced to just do oscar . not sure if it's a wise choice. he said i can let him know next appt to do or not do.

I am with Thomson medical. Besides Oscar/ Paranoma, the nurse also give options whether to take Pre-Eclampsia (something to do with high blood pressure) and Thalassaemia (test red blood cell) Did anyone gone through these?

i already did Thalassaemia before cos my hubby have it! it's a important test cos if both husband and wife are carrier, baby will be thalassaemia major.

but if ur hubby did body check up before and don't have that i think it's fine for u not to test :)

Can advise when u all decided on Panorama? based on what he advised with my age (30), panorama is total waste of money and oscar is good enough! so i am more or less convinced to just do oscar . not sure if it's a wise choice. he said i can let him know next appt to do or not do.

I am a worrywart and because of my previous losses, he somehow understand where my "kiasu and kiasiness" came from, so he's okay for me to go to Panorama. I also didn't want to be worried by Oscar due to my age factor (I am 32).

He didn't ask me about it until I asked him for that lol..
He jokingly told me that he usually told the mummies during their first visit.

Hello!!! Yes I am with Dr Wong too! Same as @cjanice (is this how we tag others?), Dr Wong also told me to just go with Oscar and the way he put it is panorama is when I feel rich >.<

My next appointment with him is this coming sat and I have to tell him my decision already. I am planning to go for panorama not because I am feeling rich, but because I don't want a false positive from Oscar and scare myself and get my blood drawn the second time for panorama.

U had ur test done at which week ah? I will be week 9 when I see him this sat. I need to mentally prepare myself for the blood test. Haha

Can advise why u all decided on Panorama? based on what he advised with my age (30), panorama is total waste of money and oscar is good enough! so i am more or less convinced to just do oscar . not sure if it's a wise choice. he said i can let him know next appt to do or not do.

When is ur next appointment with Dr Wong? Hehe I am inclined to go for panorama (or the half half that Dr Wong suggest to @tinklebbdust). I am 30 too.

Hello!!! Yes I am with Dr Wong too! Same as @cjanice (is this how we tag others?), Dr Wong also told me to just go with Oscar and the way he put it is panorama is when I feel rich >.<

My next appointment with him is this coming sat and I have to tell him my decision already. I am planning to go for panorama not because I am feeling rich, but because I don't want a false positive from Oscar and scare myself and get my blood drawn the second time for panorama.

U had ur test done at which week ah? I will be week 9 when I see him this sat. I need to mentally prepare myself for the blood test. Haha

Hannor.. Why ah? We just wanna be more assured ma.. I also share the same sentiment, like, I went through first round of the wait for Oscar, if result turns out to be high risk, I need to go through another tormenting 10 days again. Very "what" one leh..

The sonographer also sound like "huh why you did Panorama? So expensive leh, rich hor?" but not in sarcastic way lah, heh.. I met a very very nice and motherly sonographer!

I got mine done on 11w 6d.
Blood test not so soon my dear, they most probably will schedule both on the same day if you are going for partial Oscar (which is the NT Scan).

Hannor.. Why ah? We just wanna be more assured ma.. I also share the same sentiment, like, I went through first round of the wait for Oscar, if result turns out to be high risk, I need to go through another tormenting 10 days again. Very "what" one leh..

The sonographer also sound like "huh why you did Panorama? So expensive leh, rich hor?" but not in sarcastic way lah, heh.. I met a very very nice and motherly sonographer!

I got mine done on 11w 6d.
Blood test not so soon my dear, they most probably will schedule both on the same day if you are going for partial Oscar (which is the NT Scan).

Ya lo. So I am not alone hor.. Is the nurse at the Tampines clinic who helped you to draw blood? Skill ma? Hahahaha I very scared!

Maybe we will pong dao each other at the clinic during one of the appointments!

Ya lo. So I am not alone hor.. Is the nurse at the Tampines clinic who helped you to draw blood? Skill ma? Hahahaha I very scared!

Maybe we will pong dao each other at the clinic during one of the appointments!

You are definitely not alone :p

Yeah, Joanna took my blood.
Quite okay, I got poked twice only lol..

I always have difficulty when it comes to blood drawing, I ever got poked 8 times @ my arms & the back of my palms still couldn't find my veins, damn sad lol..

The most skillful one I have met was the senior nurse in KKH, once only and totally painless.

HAHAHAHA! YES! he told me if you got a lot of money, don't know where to throw it then go for panorama. makes me feel that i will be dumb to anyhow spend on panorama when oscar is sufficient. i just saw him last sat and will see him again on 21st!

You are definitely not alone :p

Yeah, Joanna took my blood.
Quite okay, I got poked twice only lol..

I always have difficulty when it comes to blood drawing, I ever got poked 8 times @ my arms & the back of my palms still couldn't find my veins, damn sad lol..

The most skillful one I have met was the senior nurse in KKH, once only and totally painless.

what!!! twice!!! poke me once i want to die already.. still 2 times.
i had blood drawn at kk before too, was totally smooth and painless.

omg i having second thoughts about drawing my blood at dr wong clinic. my first appt last sat i alr asking my husband i wonder if it's the nurse or doctor who draw the blood.good luck to us @Limy0112

what!!! twice!!! poke me once i want to die already.. still 2 times.
i had blood drawn at kk before too, was totally smooth and painless.

omg i having second thoughts about drawing my blood at dr wong clinic. my first appt last sat i alr asking my husband i wonder if it's the nurse or doctor who draw the blood.good luck to us @Limy0112

Twice was okay for me, hahaha.

Hello mummies!!

I'm Florence currently coming to 9 weeks pregnant.. hehe this is my second child.. I'm still considering which gynea to go.. but most likely I will go back to my first born gynea which is Dr. Adelina Wong at thomson. How about you guys?
;) any Facebook or wa chat group ?

Joanna is the nurse with long hair? Twice - cus not enough blood or what ah? Siao liao me and @cjanice.

@cjanice I think nurse is more pro than doc cus it's usually the nurse who do it leh I think. Lol.

Oh ya, if half Oscar half panorama, is it cheaper than full panorama? Haha

Twice 'cuz she couldn't find my vein, heh..
Joanna is the lady sitting @ the counter, she usually tie her hair in a bun.
Long hair one I think is Gina :D

Got such thing as half Panorama de meh?

Hello mummies!!

I'm Florence currently coming to 9 weeks pregnant.. hehe this is my second child.. I'm still considering which gynea to go.. but most likely I will go back to my first born gynea which is Dr. Adelina Wong at thomson. How about you guys?
;) any Facebook or wa chat group ?[/QU

Congratulations mummy! Some of us are with Dr Wong Heng Fok at Thomas Tampines, some are with Dr Geraldine tan at katong. I only took note of the east side ones.

Twice 'cuz she couldn't find my vein, heh..
Joanna is the lady sitting @ the counter, she usually tie her hair in a bun.
Long hair one I think is Gina :D

Got such thing as half Panorama de meh?

I think i was too gan cheong on my first visit to the clinic. I only know got one young nurse and got one aunty nurse. Lol. I shall take note on my next visit this sat.

Ok sorry I must be blind. I thought I saw you saying half panorama and half Oscar. Haha but you are already taking panorama, why need to take half Oscar test ah?

I think i was too gan cheong on my first visit to the clinic. I only know got one young nurse and got one aunty nurse. Lol. I shall take note on my next visit this sat.

Ok sorry I must be blind. I thought I saw you saying half panorama and half Oscar. Haha but you are already taking panorama, why need to take half Oscar test ah?

There's one aunty slightly chubby and shorter, her name also Joanna if I am not mistaken.
The young pretty Joanna was on leave when I visited yesterday :p

Half Oscar is the NT Scan lor, to check the NT and Nasal Bone..
Also, the NT Scan is quite detailed, songrapher will explain to you throughout the scan, when he/she see the bb's hand, feet, spine, etc., quite worth it for the price paid (to me), heh..

I just gone for my 1st gynae visit, and I opted for OSCAR test for my next visit, my baby is 9weeks. This is my first child and I did read review that OSCAR may be frustrating because of the results stating only LOW or HIGH RISK but I decided to go for it coz it is cheaper compared to the NIPT, (I seriously don't know if called Harmony/Panorama, someone educate me please :p) If really result has HIGH RISK I will go for the NIPT which I understand can be taken anytime from 11 weeks onwards...that will be before the detailed fetal abnormality scan at 20 weeks.

Hey Mummies here, I know it might be too early to go baby shopping now, but do you know between now till April, how many more baby fairs are there upcoming? Iam considering the pre-order for October Baby Fair (claim to be the biggest), but I am not sure in Jan or Feb 2018, will there be more baby fair? In 2017 I did my research there was Mothercare Baby Fair followed by Baby Land. Any item for newborn that is top on your shopping list now? Perhaps we can take some worry off the scans and all, and divert some attention to thinking of happy stuff like shopping?

I am also interested in second hand, hand me down baby clothings, anywhere do you recommend to look? I unfortunately do not have anyone to hand me down anything, since either 6-7 years apart or they are not even having baby yet....

Hi Mummies...

1st time mummy here. considered high risk pregnancy coz of age and medical condition. Medical condition is controlled. I should be into my 9th week now and i have been spotting since 6th week, basically is since i can see the sprout growing in the sac. and i also have seen gynae for like 4 times coz of the spotting. Given Utrogestan and folic. Gynae said nothing he can do for the spotting. Even I don't move much, i will still spot but my spotting doesn't soak the panty liner tho. anyone experience it b4?

I just gone for my 1st gynae visit, and I opted for OSCAR test for my next visit, my baby is 9weeks. This is my first child and I did read review that OSCAR may be frustrating because of the results stating only LOW or HIGH RISK but I decided to go for it coz it is cheaper compared to the NIPT, (I seriously don't know if called Harmony/Panorama, someone educate me please :p) If really result has HIGH RISK I will go for the NIPT which I understand can be taken anytime from 11 weeks onwards...that will be before the detailed fetal abnormality scan at 20 weeks.

Both Oscar and Harmony/Panorama will not just indicate High/Low risk but with a ratio for 3 trisomies.

Oscar yields a lower accuracy as it takes a few factor including maternal's age into consideration, hence might not be favourable for mummies at a higher age. While for Harmony/Panorama, it takes the blood specimen from mother which consist fetus's blood as well. Harmony/Panorama yields a higher accuracy but still, neither Oscar nor Harmony/Panorama is diagnostic method.

You may wish to do some research prior to your test date to have a better understanding between these 2/3.

There's one aunty slightly chubby and shorter, her name also Joanna if I am not mistaken.
The young pretty Joanna was on leave when I visited yesterday :p

Half Oscar is the NT Scan lor, to check the NT and Nasal Bone..
Also, the NT Scan is quite detailed, songrapher will explain to you throughout the scan, when he/she see the bb's hand, feet, spine, etc., quite worth it for the price paid (to me), heh..
Hi all mummies to be. Im new here n im 8weeks now. Any good recommendation of gyane at west side?
my friend in CCK recommended Dr. Chia Yee Tien in CCK, who delivers at Mount E, but I didn't go to her...just personal preference. Depends if you want to consider.

Hi Mummies...

1st time mummy here. considered high risk pregnancy coz of age and medical condition. Medical condition is controlled. I should be into my 9th week now and i have been spotting since 6th week, basically is since i can see the sprout growing in the sac. and i also have seen gynae for like 4 times coz of the spotting. Given Utrogestan and folic. Gynae said nothing he can do for the spotting. Even I don't move much, i will still spot but my spotting doesn't soak the panty liner tho. anyone experience it b4?

I spot since week 5 now in week 7. Sometimes if i walk too much i will soak my panty liner.seen doc 4 times. Doc mentioned there is blood clot near the sac and baby heart beat is strong. So i also dont know what to do except go for injection every week to stabilize baby.

Back