April 2018 Mummies

Same here! I was a one cup of Teh c per day person until I discovered I was pregnant. Doctor said below 200mg is fine so I sneaked a cup Per week of Teh o kosong (diluted) just to satisfy the craving. I drank my fair share of cold drink becoz I cannot take the nausea and the cold drink helped. I hav been drinking 100plus and Ribena can too
Good that u found ur solution to ur nausea! Mine is the bottled milo Peng and lemonade.

Hi everyone, I am also new in this group.any whatsapp group or april fb group that I can join? I have gone through miscarriage before. First one happen before i had my girl and second miscarriage is early this year. My girl is delivered by Dr Heng 3 years ago.Experienced spotting in that pregnancy as well as this 2nd pregnancy. Hopefully will be stable. Will be 12 weeks this friday and i am going for NIPT test praying hard... lastly hope everyone will feel better the soonest!

Yes Dr Wong HF from tampines branch. He takes good care of me until I give birth. In between bleeding even in my 2nd tri he even sees me 10 plus or 11 very late at his clinic to check and ensure I am alright.

Yeah he is indeed a caring doctor.
Though he is really very busy but he will never brush you off during each and every consultation.

Aiya mine is next Fri! For panorama don't ever go for their Sat slots. Super busy. I waited for an hour plus although I have appointment. Haha

Mine was next Friday initially but I brought forward to this Friday :oops:
My Panorama was on Wednesday and they asked me to be there at 9:50am, I was late, arrived around 10:00am and the clinic was still closed lol.. 5 including myself and husband waited for like 10 minutes before someone came.

So you have done yours?
The result came back pretty fast, I think around a week or so.
Excited? ;)

mine is thursday for week 10 check!
any idea if the blood test at week 10 or week 12?
i need to mentally prepare myself

The blood test that you're referring to is Oscar or Panorama?
I think you need to make appointment for that and cannot do on the spot leh..

Mine was next Friday initially but I brought forward to this Friday :oops:
My Panorama was on Wednesday and they asked me to be there at 9:50am, I was late, arrived around 10:00am and the clinic was still closed lol.. 5 including myself and husband waited for like 10 minutes before someone came.

So you have done yours?
The result came back pretty fast, I think around a week or so.
Excited? ;)

Haha we could have met!!! Nvm, we shall continue to try meeting at the clinic. Lol!

My test is scheduled for next Fri and I am very scared! Haha the nurse on sat's clinic commented that "wa u need to draw alot of blood for the test!! Lucky not today if not is I draw for you. I am scared" I was like..."Er..you scared, I more scared!!!" Haha. The nurse also asked me to come at 9.50am lol. I hope it's not this nurse who will be drawing my blood nxt Fri!

@cjanice dr Wong scheduled my panorama test to be on my week 12. So should be around week 12? If you are going for Oscar, it depends on the available slots at Thomson Medical scanning centre (sorry I forgot to correct name but it's not at Dr Wong's clinic)

Haha we could have met!!! Nvm, we shall continue to try meeting at the clinic. Lol!

My test is scheduled for next Fri and I am very scared! Haha the nurse on sat's clinic commented that "wa u need to draw alot of blood for the test!! Lucky not today if not is I draw for you. I am scared" I was like..."Er..you scared, I more scared!!!" Haha. The nurse also asked me to come at 9.50am lol. I hope it's not this nurse who will be drawing my blood nxt Fri!

@cjanice dr Wong scheduled my panorama test to be on my week 12. So should be around week 12? If you are going for Oscar, it depends on the available slots at Thomson Medical scanning centre (sorry I forgot to correct name but it's not at Dr Wong's clinic)

Heh try to be there earlier, then you can quickly get your blood drew and go home rest.
Did Dr. Wong suggest NT Scan as well?

The scan is at Thomson Diagnostic Ultrasound Centre @ Novena.
The clinic assistant will make the appointment for you and it can not be done too late - the centre may reject if you are over certain week as the fluid may be absorbed by the bb by then, gradually, which lead to a "not-so-accurate-reading".

OMG, who's the one who said that to you? Was it the new comer? (A young and plump lady)
That was a bit too much leh to say these to you, very unprofessional :mad:
I think only Joanna Chan is qualified to draw blood/do injection if I am not mistaken.
I don't trust anyone else except her lol.

I also have this feeling.seem like i eaten 10 moon cakes and it stuck there. but i feel hungry. but i feel sick in the stomach. Dont know how.

Same feeling! I don't know I feel like gagging sometimes...
So annoying
And u stopped vomitting right? I hope it goes away soon ..I have a normal portion (generally less rice) bf , lunch, tea, dinner part 1 then dinner part 2.. I don't know if I gained extra weight on me and not baby but I don't really care.. Becoz I think I need food to feel better ..and also make sure baby got nutrients. Probably need more control in second trimester n third...

Dear mummies,

I am down with flu(sneezing) and i think last night hving feverish and i couldn't get to sleep. Any advice when should i see a doc? And shd i go to see my gynae or kk hospital? i'm at 7weeks. :(

Dear mummies,

I am down with flu(sneezing) and i think last night hving feverish and i couldn't get to sleep. Any advice when should i see a doc? And shd i go to see my gynae or kk hospital? i'm at 7weeks. :(

Yes. Please go to your gynae immediately.
Take care!

Dear mummies,

I was having flu & fever during 1st pregnancy last time. I went to see GP at nearby clinic. But if there were other issues like abdominal pain associated to it, better see a gynae for it. Take care.

Last edited:
I was having flu & fever during 1st pregnancy last time. I went to see GP at nearby clinic. But if there were other issues like abdominal pain associated to it, better see a gynae for it.

Hi
thanks. I just called up my gynae clinic and the staff told me to go gp and inform the doc abt my pregnancy. She said if spotting then i need to go see my gynae otherwise fever n cold can go to GP. I still can manage my flu, i only worry tat prolong flu will affect the baby.. I read internet so worry abt those birth defects. This is my first pregnancy.

Same feeling! I don't know I feel like gagging sometimes...
So annoying
And u stopped vomitting right? I hope it goes away soon ..I have a normal portion (generally less rice) bf , lunch, tea, dinner part 1 then dinner part 2.. I don't know if I gained extra weight on me and not baby but I don't really care.. Becoz I think I need food to feel better ..and also make sure baby got nutrients. Probably need more control in second trimester n third...

Ya no vomit. it is good that you can eat many meals. I also try to eat several meals but in smaller portion. feel so bloated.

Hi
thanks. I just called up my gynae clinic and the staff told me to go gp and inform the doc abt my pregnancy. She said if spotting then i need to go see my gynae otherwise fever n cold can go to GP. I still can manage my flu, i only worry tat prolong flu will affect the baby.. I read internet so worry abt those birth defects. This is my first pregnancy.

No worries. Just to share with you, I have been taking Clarityn throughout my 1st pregnancy that time. I felt so bad towards my baby but it turned out fine after giving birth. Having said that, it's still good to refrain from cold stuff and raw food like sushi. Sometimes, I just gave in as those were the cravings that I had when having my 1st.

You all going for Panorama never go for oscar?
I didn't go for the detailed scan under Oscar. But I think some mummies did :)

Heh try to be there earlier, then you can quickly get your blood drew and go home rest.
Did Dr. Wong suggest NT Scan as well?

The scan is at Thomson Diagnostic Ultrasound Centre @ Novena.
The clinic assistant will make the appointment for you and it can not be done too late - the centre may reject if you are over certain week as the fluid may be absorbed by the bb by then, gradually, which lead to a "not-so-accurate-reading".

OMG, who's the one who said that to you? Was it the new comer? (A young and plump lady)
That was a bit too much leh to say these to you, very unprofessional :mad:
I think only Joanna Chan is qualified to draw blood/do injection if I am not mistaken.
I don't trust anyone else except her lol.

Dr Wong suggested going for the detailed scan under Oscar but we decided to skip that.

Ya it's a young long hair lady!!! She wears quite thick makeup. I really hope she's not the one who draws my blood next Friday.

Dr Wong suggested going for the detailed scan under Oscar but we decided to skip that.

Ya it's a young long hair lady!!! She wears quite thick makeup. I really hope she's not the one who draws my blood next Friday.

That one not detailed scan, it is NT Scan.
Detailed Scan (FA) will be performed around week20.

I personally think the scan is well worth the money paid, you get to see the bb much longer than the usual scan, and sonographer will explain to you like "this is bb feet, hands, spine, head etc", showing the blood flow and so on. I was weeping during the scan, sentimental moments lol :p

Yes yes the thick make-up lol, I don't like her, not very professional and the way she dressed, a bit :rolleyes:
I called the clinic yesterday and she's the one who picked up the call, straight away asked "who are you?". I was like, I tell you who am I you also don't know who am I right? I requested to speak to Joanna then she said she went out for lunch, so I called back later. I don't think she's a qualified "nurse", the most clinic assistant. You can request for a qualified nurse to take your blood.

And don't let her to affect you.
It is NOT A LOT of blood, just few tubes, and everyone's doing the same.

Relax~

No worries. Just to share with you, I have been taking Clarityn throughout my 1st pregnancy that time. I felt so bad towards my baby but it turned out fine after giving birth. Having said that, it's still good to refrain from cold stuff and raw food like sushi. Sometimes, I just gave in as those were the cravings that I had when having my 1st.

Oh ok, tats good! :) Hopefully smooth pregnancy till delivery. Haha
Ya i avoid eating those cold and raw food. But i sometimes i drink chilled fresh milk with cereals.

Ya i avoid eating those cold and raw food. But i sometimes i drink chilled fresh milk with cereals.

But I forgot to tell you that raw sushi was definitely off the list now after I had a fever and diarrhoea during the 1st semester for 1st preg.

For this 2nd pregnancy, I feel so nausea and bloated and gassy.. after food even in small portions.
Just hope 1st sem will pass soon.. and 2nd sem will get better.

The blood test that you're referring to is Oscar or Panorama?
I think you need to make appointment for that and cannot do on the spot leh..

hahahahahaha! i think i too kiasi. keep worrying about the blood test!

i actually haven even tell the doctor if i want oscar or panorama. but should be going for oscar!

i only rmb during last visit doctor told me week 10 or 12 need to go for blood test. but was too weak to take note when and my hubby can't rmb too!

it really tough to refrain from cold drinks. the more you can't have it, the more u want it .
i avoid raw totally. but cheated on cold stuff many times!

I personally think the scan is well worth the money paid, you get to see the bb much longer than the usual scan, and sonographer will explain to you like "this is bb feet, hands, spine, head etc", showing the blood flow and so on. I was weeping during the scan, sentimental moments lol :p

Yes yes the thick make-up lol, I don't like her, not very professional and the way she dressed, a bit :rolleyes:
I called the clinic yesterday and she's the one who picked up the call, straight away asked "who are you?". I was like, I tell you who am I you also don't know who am I right? I requested to speak to Joanna then she said she went out for lunch, so I called back later. I don't think she's a qualified "nurse", the most clinic assistant. You can request for a qualified nurse to take your blood.

Relax~

few tubes !!!! hahaha . think these are key words me and @Limy0112 will look out for.

you are so brave @tinklebbdust!
we shall see each other one day at the clinic!

ey everyone, posting on behalf on my wife as she doesnt speak english well.

We went for our first check up at NUH today under private patient as shes a foreigner. The cost of the first visit is 115 + 210(Ultra sound) = 325. Their packages are 850 for 22 weeks and above including 2 ultra sound while the delivery charges for single bed is 4500 with 2100 payable by Medisave.

My friends are telling me that they are paying less than 300 bucks for consultation at TMC and their packages with private clinic gynaes are around 1000 starting from 16 weeks. So my question is, should i continue at NUH when the cost are pretty much the same at private hospitals? Please take into account that i am required to wait in line with the subsidiesd patients even though i made an appointment.

Hi April Moms-to -be. I'm currently (about) 10w2d. Had my last U/S at 8w2d, and we both heard bb's strong heartbeat. Been feeling nauseous, dizzy & sometimes could feel the heart burn at night. Yesterday, spotted brownish discharge while wiping & it freaked me out. I had a miscarriage before & experienced the same thing too. Going to see my OB (Dr Lim T C) at Tanglin Shopping Ctr. Hope all is good!

hahahahahaha! i think i too kiasi. keep worrying about the blood test!

i actually haven even tell the doctor if i want oscar or panorama. but should be going for oscar!

i only rmb during last visit doctor told me week 10 or 12 need to go for blood test. but was too weak to take note when and my hubby can't rmb too!

Wah then how far along are you now and by the time you see him again?
The NT Scan I think must be done by week 12 or so leh, if too big they won't accept.
That's what I was told..

few tubes !!!! hahaha . think these are key words me and @Limy0112 will look out for.

you are so brave @tinklebbdust!
we shall see each other one day at the clinic!

I grabbed my husband's hand like don't know what lor..
For bb sake, take all my blood I also okay.. :p

Few tubes okay lah, reasonable ma.. Each tube for one test..
I think not only Panorama, Dr. Wong also suggested antenatal tests which are good to have also..

When's your next appointment? :D

Last edited:

We went for our first check up at NUH today under private patient as shes a foreigner. The cost of the first visit is 115 + 210(Ultra sound) = 325. Their packages are 850 for 22 weeks and above including 2 ultra sound while the delivery charges for single bed is 4500 with 2100 payable by Medisave.

My friends are telling me that they are paying less than 300 bucks for consultation at TMC and their packages with private clinic gynaes are around 1000 starting from 16 weeks. So my question is, should i continue at NUH when the cost are pretty much the same at private hospitals? Please take into account that i am required to wait in line with the subsidiesd patients even though i made an appointment.

You will need to wait as well (at least half an hour min. for most cases) even though you made appointment @ private gynae.
This is inevitable everywhere I believe.

To me, the chemistry with the gynae is very important. Some gynae might require long wait and slightly costly compared to others but if you can click well and feel comfortable with him/her, that would be great. For now I think you can look around and try a few to get the most suitable one for yourself as well as your wife before making decision.

However, please note that some gynae do not accept mummies below certain weeks and some do not accept "transfer" (i.e. changing gynae halfway from another gynae to him/her). You may want to do some research on that.

Good luck, and congratulations!

Relax~
Ohhh Dr Wong mentioned that it's ok to skip the Oscar scan cus we will do it on week 20 for detailed scan. So I thought it's the same. Oops. Thank you for the enlightenment and encouragement! ❤️

Hehe @cjanice and myself have got to remind ourselves that the blood test is something that every mom has to go through! *No scared no scared*

Which doc are you seeing? Yes NUH is not cheap as a private patient.

I was a private patient with them for my #1. now my #2 i am a subsided patient.
Their scanning is expensive and they don't scan your baby in every gynae visits too. This is a big difference from private practice whom they almost scan you every time u visit.
I can only say the differences is the hospital charges during delivery.
i paid $3.8k cash with induce normal delivery+ epidural / 2 night stay (1 night for induce, 1 night post delivery) in 1 bedder ward and my doc was a senior doc. my #1 ward fee is fully claim by medisave. this was in 2015.

Which clinic did you see?
subsided patients are in Clinic G, the private patients see doc in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire clinic if not wrong. so you are waiting in line with other private patients.

Ohhh Dr Wong mentioned that it's ok to skip the Oscar scan cus we will do it on week 20 for detailed scan. So I thought it's the same. Oops. Thank you for the enlightenment and encouragement! ❤️

Hehe @cjanice and myself have got to remind ourselves that the blood test is something that every mom has to go through! *No scared no scared*

Hahaha, he recommended me to undergo the scan!!
Perhaps he knows how paranoid I am :p

2 more days to your blood test.
Jiayou jiayou, no scare de, once the needle is poked, you'll be fine, less than one nano second only. ;)

But I forgot to tell you that raw sushi was definitely off the list now after I had a fever and diarrhoea during the 1st semester for 1st preg.

For this 2nd pregnancy, I feel so nausea and bloated and gassy.. after food even in small portions.
Just hope 1st sem will pass soon.. and 2nd sem will get better.

raw food not so clean afterall. better eat those cooked food. i miss soft-boiled eggs. haha
for me I don't feel hungry leh, I think my appetite is better before pregnancy. but now i still eat my bf, lunch and dinner even thou not hungry. then I feel bloated after eating.. I hope time pass faster now. lol

Which doc are you seeing? Yes NUH is not cheap as a private patient.

I was a private patient with them for my #1. now my #2 i am a subsided patient.
Their scanning is expensive and they don't scan your baby in every gynae visits too. This is a big difference from private practice whom they almost scan you every time u visit.
I can only say the differences is the hospital charges during delivery.
i paid $3.8k cash with induce normal delivery+ epidural / 2 night stay (1 night for induce, 1 night post delivery) in 1 bedder ward and my doc was a senior doc. my #1 ward fee is fully claim by medisave. this was in 2015.

Which clinic did you see?
subsided patients are in Clinic G, the private patients see doc in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire clinic if not wrong. so you are waiting in line with other private patients.
Hi sunflower307, can i ask how often they scan for subsided patient? Can we request for scanning for each gynae visit?

Back