Anyone using Nestle Nan 1 Ha?

Hello Pauline,

I bought from my grocery shop downstairs at Jurong West for $29.20. But there stock is very limited. Another medical store at Jurong West selling $29.80 also. Think so far these 2 are the cheapest price I can get.

Pauline,
Check out provision shops. I buy mine for $27.80 from a provision shop in AMK. Really cannot remember the exact address as I normally drive there :p I've rung the Nestle NAN HA customer home delivery number but their discount is quite little as well.

My DD is still on NAN HA but 2 already. No intention to change as well as she's not had problems with this brand of FM.

cuclainne, my boy is also on NAN 1 since he's in hospital. i also notice that very often some red spots will appear on his face, don't look like pimple but just suddenly a small pat of redness on the face esp on around the eyes.. not sure if it's sensitive or wat, but luckily it will go away within an hour.. is tat same as what your gal has?

cuclainne, my boy is also on NAN 1 since he's in hospital. i also notice that very often some red spots will appear on his face, don't look like pimple but just suddenly a small pat of redness on the face esp on around the eyes.. not sure if it's sensitive or wat, but luckily it will go away within an hour.. is tat same as what your gal has?

One mom post this contact before for NAN FM
I bought each tin for slightly less than $27. Each time you have to buy 1 carton and they will deliver to you house. Note, they do not deliver to all locations. I dun dare to buy from provision shops cuz not sure how "good" their environment is. Call me paranoid!

Sin Hoe 67555511

BTW I bought NAN2Ha at the above pricing. The price quote by the lady is EXCLUSIVE of GST

hi pauline,

u can chk around d provision shops near ur plc. it's usually cheaper. i remembered buying mine 4 $27 at tis provision shop near my plc.

Checked out my medical hall here. Cheapest is $29.20 .. But haven't call the number posted by ginger. will keep the number though.. Thanks ginger!

sonic .. yes, it's just patches of redness on her face but now we've also started her on cereals x 2 times a day aside from the milk so it's all gone! sometimes maybe due to heatiness too yah ..

btw, cold storage sells the Nan 1 (bigger can) at $27.95 .. i think at carrefour it is cheaper at $27.15.

Hi gals, my girl also on Nan, since she was born, now she is 4months plus. she got some pimple like stuff on her face but we thot its juz insect bites or sthg...

My baby has been taking NAN 1 and now NAN 2. His poo is daily but on some days its more than once. Is this normal? It is not lao sai but just increased in frequency.

milagros, i think it's fine as long as the consistency stays the same .. there are days when my girl doesn't poop and i will get worried .. it's happy days when she poops 1-2 times daily.

btw, i never thought i'd see the day when talking about poop is used a conversation starter .. hahaha ..

cuclainne, thanks for the reassurance.

Btw, there is NAN 3 in the market now. Anyone plan to let your bb try this?

Ladies, it's cheaper to buy Nan 900g from Mustafa Centre. I'm paying $27.95 from Cold Storage at the moment but a few days ago, while visiting Mustafa, we found out that they're selling it for $24.90. Btw, my daughter is still on Nan 1.

Hi...

Does anyone know of any shop or clnic that offer cheaper rates if you were to order a bulk purchase for Nestle NAN1 milk powder? Please provide the name of the shop, address and contact number. Thank you.

mummies
according to the instructions, my boy (6weeks) is supposed to drink 150ml.
but he's only drinking 90ml each time, will he be malnutrition?
i'm only supplementing him with Nan1 HA at nite.

lizardess

AS long as he puts on weight, it should be fine. My daughter nvr drank 150ml until she was much older. She was only drinking ard 60-90ml at one month plus till quite a few mths old..but she does drink quite frequently. I think she prefers small but frequent doses :p

alhana
i see, thanks for the reassurance.
happy.gif

i find that everytime i make milk, there's always undissolved lumps of milk powder no matter how i shake.
do you gals have this problem?

Hi Lizardess,

I realised that if I didn't put enough hot water, there will be undissolved lumps of milk powder. I used to feed my baby NAN 1, then switched to Enfalac and now Similac. I realised that for Similac, there is a lot of bubbles and foam in the milk...is this normal? How can I reduce the bubbles and foam?

My baby is 3 mths old and for the past 3-4 weeks, my baby has been crying alot and refuses to drink milk even though she is hungry after 3-4 hrs in betw. feeds. Does anyone have this problem with your babies? Its realli tiring and annoying to have to fight with her cries for every feed
sad.gif

Hi Lizardess,

I realised that if I didn't put enough hot water, there will be undissolved lumps of milk powder. I used to feed my baby NAN 1, then switched to Enfalac and now Similac. I realised that for Similac, there is a lot of bubbles and foam in the milk...is this normal? How can I reduce the bubbles and foam?

My baby is 3 mths old and for the past 3-4 weeks, my baby has been crying alot and refuses to drink milk even though she is hungry after 3-4 hrs in betw. feeds. Does anyone have this problem with your babies? Its realli tiring and annoying to have to fight with her cries for every feed
sad.gif

Hi gina

Yeah, I experience the same thing with Similac. My mom stirs using a plastic spoon and there's less foam compared to if we just shake it to dissolve the milk powder. But we lazy lah..most of the time we just leave it foamy :p

As for the drinking part, my daughter went thru that too. There was a time she just would not drink (think ard ure kid's age). Then if she did drink, she'd end up throwing it up right after we burped her. We found that after we changed brands, she would start drinking again. Some pple told me it's becoz they get bored with the taste! After that, I always hv 2 brands on hand...her regular, and a standby.

My baby is now taking Nan 1 HA. Any idea if it's safe to give her Nan 2 (normal) when she's 6 mths old? Will there be 'side effects'?

When my baby has a face rash which the paediatrician thought was eczema, the paed suggested I change to a HA formula. My baby is largely fed on breast milk but does take about 1 or 2 bottles of formula in a day. I did some research online and found that there are scientific studies that support the preventive effect of a partially hydrolysed whey formula specifically NAN HA:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9404092&dopt=AbstractPlus

Hence for breastmilking mothers who need supplementing for their babies, I think it is better to supplement with NAN HA 1 than other normal cow's milk formula no matter how "branded" or popular it is. All the various normal brands are just cow's milk based formulas and the difference between the brands is not going to be huge.

From an allergy prevention perspective (whether you have a family history or not), I don't quite see the point of using normal cow's milk formula when NAN HA 1 seems to be about the same price as Similac or Enfalac and just as easily available. It also contains DHA, AHA etc. If you normally use a cheaper formula, then price may be a concern.

I had used Similac and Enfalac previously and found that NAN HA is the easiest to dissolve. It can be dissolved with a few shakes while the other 2 tend to have undissolved lumps at the bottom of the bottle.

NAN HA is actually only a partially hydrolysed whey formula. For infants with known cow's milk allergy, only extensively hydrolysed whey or casein formula (Abbott's Alimentum, Meadjohnson's Nutramigen) or even amino acid formula (Neocate) can be used and I suspect it may only be available from a paediatrician.

Based on my research, babies can become sensitised with early exposure to cow's milk so if the baby has already taken normal formula, his body may already develop some sensitivity. If this is the case, shouldn't pregnant ladies with known family history be routinely advised to avoid cow's milk or other allergy causing food from the last month of pregnancy and to feed their babies only NAN HA 1 at least or even more drastically, other extensively hydrolysed formula (if not breastfeeding or a need to supplement)?

hi lizardessss,

i think should be NTUC, bcos i read in singapore seen tat some1 complaint that sheng shiong is selling it more expensive than NTUC. as for Shop & Save, Giant and Cold Storage, they all belongs to the same company so their prices r the same. I think the cheapest u can find is thru some mini marts. some of them do sell cheaper than NTUC but the difference is not much, maybe abt 50cents diff.

Hi. My dd has been Similac Infant since birth. She is 5 1/2 mths and thinking of switching her to Nan. Since she is new to this brand, should I purchase the Nan 2 or Nan Ha 2? Please advice.

hi carol,

it wld depend on ur dd. coz d taste of nan 2 & nan ha 2 is v dif fr similac. thus, i wld suggest tt if u r tinking of switching, buy a small tin 4 her 2 try 1st. then c which 1 she prefers.

I have Nestle Nan Pro2 for sale( 1 400 gm tin) selling at 12 $.Pls sms me at 94505603 for faster deals .

Does anyone know if bulk purchase of Nan will be cheaper and if so, contact. Thot i heard about it sometime ago

Hi

Any comments on Dumex Mamil Gold? Which is better Nan or Dumex or goat milk... my bb now is 4mth old.... he now having enfalac a+ but don't know why recently, he refused to drink milk...each time drink, he will cry like hell and the times of feeding also lesser than before.

Pls advise

my bb was on NAN 1 HA since birth after discharge frm hospital. recently changed to NAN 1 PRO cos NAN 1 HA was out of stock in all the supermarkets i went to. however my bb totally rejected it. she rather suck pacifier n starve for hrs also dowan to drink it. she also struggled n cry everytime we feed her PRO. after tt i give up n changed back to HA n everyting was fine again. im not saying PRO is not gd but to me there is a v big difference btwn HA n PRO. thus u might wan to try a small tin first in case ur bb is as choosy as mine. =p

maybe u can try NAN 1 HA if ure not particular abt the price. PRO cost ard 33 whereas HA costs ard 38. my fren's bb was on friso n once she tried feeding her bb wif my NAN 1 HA. her bb finished everyting n still cried for more! maybe it jus appeals more to bb.

hi mummies,

I have overstock my nan 1 ha 900g (new packaging) so selling them at $34/tin. Have 5 tins left. Any1 keen, pls sms me at 96609761

Hi, my bb was on nan 1 HA since birth but i changed it to nan 1 Pro past 2 weeks coz of the price difference and my bb doesn't have any allergies, coz he's drinking 1 900gm tin every week. He took to it immediately and his stools are more formed and yellowish. On nan 1 HA, his stools was always dark greenish and slightly watery. But on both milk, he will pass motion daily. Anyway the nutrients for both milk powders are the same except fot the HA factor, so no harm switching to Pro if no allergy issues, and if bb not fussy drinker. U can buy nan 1 HA at $35.50 and nan 1 Pro at $30.80 at Ang Mo supermart. PRIME supermarket sells nan 1 HA at $34 plus.Juz sharing. Anyone knows if Sheng siong sells cheaper? Coz its nearer my hse. Thanks!

Hi I haf got 3 tin of nan 1 ha selling at distributor price $34 900g, Brand new packaging, expiry date: 23 may 2010

Hi Weewee,

I think I can't take PM, could u contact me at 98555646. I sent u a PM , but I am unable to receive one myself. I dont know why, cant find anything to activate it.

i would like to take all three. Had sent u offer. Pls sms me!

Hi mommies,

I have 4 unopened tins of Nestle Nan 1 HA milk for sale as DD has changed to another brand of milk. Malaysian packaging. Letting go at $20 per tin. PM me if interested. Thanks

Hi Mommies,

I have 12 unopened tins of Nestle Nan2 milk powder for sales as my gal has constipation after drinking it.
sad.gif

Selling each tin at $26.
Pls PM me if you are interested. Thanks!!!

Hi everyone,

may i ask why issit that my son pass motion between every feed when he is taking nan ha. but when i switch to nan pro, it pass motion 3 times at most in a day. really strange. anyone experience it?

hi beanie

interested but can lower the price abit if we gg to self collect? kindly PM me..thank u...!

btw moomies

i like nan formula cos the others seem to always add sugar. any one knows of any brand other than nan that doesnt add sugar? oh and nan ha is bitter yes . yuk.

bm is nice and sweet (not sour!)compared to nan ha . hahaha. baby needs some time to adapt to the taste...

hi there

Anybody sale in bulk for Nan HA 2 (above 6 month)? how much per tin?wat is exp date? where to collect? email me [email protected]

anybody sale in bulk mamy poko pull up pant xxl for boy in cheap price? BN unopened.

Hi Mummies

I am a NAN HA supporter. had been giving my bb nan ha since i stop bf. its good though v expensive. now, he is on nan 2 ha, which i gt from my hse nearby icon minimart at $33.50

Back