Anyone took Duphaston before?

Faith81

Hi all Mums and Mums to be,
The gynae i visited for the 1st time prescribed me Duphaston to stabilise my pregnancy. I'm currently in week 5+. I forgot to ask him what the side effects are. After googling when I reached home, it seems there are multiple side effects stated and it was discontinued from sale in UK on 2008. Wondering anyone here took this before? If so, what are the side effects you experienced?
Now i am in dilemma whether to take the med.

Im taking 3x a day and no side effects for me, only feel bloated at times. I read that some mummies had really bad side effects like giddiness and vomiting, i think depends on individual bodies n the vomiting may be from ms and not the med. It is safe to take, most docs prescribe this or utrogestan to stabilise pregnancy. It is western 'an tai yao'.

The gynae i visited for the 1st time prescribed me Duphaston to stabilise my pregnancy. I'm currently in week 5+. I forgot to ask him what the side effects are. After googling when I reached home, it seems there are multiple side effects stated and it was discontinued from sale in UK on 2008. Wondering anyone here took this before? If so, what are the side effects you experienced?

Many of the mummies to be in the forum take it as well. I have been taking it since week 5 till now week 12. It is supposed to help stabilize the pregnancy

Hi Faith81,

Yes, it is okay to take this med for pregnancy. Most obstetricians will prescribe it for their pregnant patients for the first trimester at least.

I've taken Duphaston 3x a day from week 5 to week 10, along with progesterone jabs to stabilize my pregnancy.
For me, there were no side effects from Duphaston. I think it helped stabilized my pregnancy.
All the best to you!

Hi, I never took it after I googling as well. It is like "an tai yao". If you have bad cramp or bleeding, you should take it to stabilize your pregnancy. And i ask around my fren/coll from other countries (I.e. Malaysia), gynae didn't prescribe them this medicine.
All the best to you!;)

so i guess the effects of duphaston are different for each individual. i believe mummies have already see/hear their angels' hb at this stage.

for me, i have sore boobs (come & go), bloatedness, mild nauseous (chest feels 'stuffy' type of feeling). in my week 8 now, going for 2nd scan tmr. praying hard..

Hi Mummy, my gynae prescribed me Duphaston a couple of weeks back when I told him I was going to travel for 10 days. Not much side effect for me, just that my appetite went down a lot that made me loose some weight. As for the talked about side-effects, I personally think it is also base on individual.

I took it twice a day, after meals. Only took it during my 10 days trip as prescribed.

Hope my info helps and hope you're doing great!

I am on Duphaston while I was at week 5 cos I was bleeding. The Snr consultant at KKH 24 hours O&G prescribed it for me.
I have finished 2 weeks dosage and was told by my gynae to continue one more box.
I have been taking twice a day. No side effects so far.

I had this an tai yao for my #1, my baby is healthy and 2 year old now.

Read from other forum previously when i took this meds, they forbid this meds for not stopping natural mc. Well, but most of preggy do experience spotting, so not to worry too much. So take the meds and good care, it doesnt hurt your baby.

I took duphaston in my first trimester too for the first two months. Although I wasn't spotting or experiencing any cramps, my doc prescribed it to me to stabilize the pregnancy. I experienced nausea and bloatedness in my first trimester but I don't know if the nausea is because of the med or was it just a general hormonal thing because now that I'm in the second trimester im still feeling nauseous from time to time although im no longer on duphaston. :)

I was on duphaston from wk 4-12 and subsequently wk 14-19 because of spotting and bleeding episodes. I'm coming to the end of wk 19 now, no side effects for me. :)

Hi everyone, i am in weeks 5 pregnancy now. Have some brown discharge this 2 days, can i take Duphaston? I had a miscarriage 3months ago. Understand doctor won't see u till weeks 7/8 pregnancy. Any advise please. Thanks

its best to see a gynae if you are spotting.. then the gynae will prescribe the medicine to you if he/she thinks you need it..
anw not true that the gynae will not see you till week 7/8..you can go anytime u like..
its just that if there is no problem at all, its better to wait till week 7/8 then see gynae cos its only then that you get to see sth during the ultrasound..
before that will be too small to see anything (thus waste $$$)..

its best to see a gynae if you are spotting.. then the gynae will prescribe the medicine to you if he/she thinks you need it..
anw not true that the gynae will not see you till week 7/8..you can go anytime u like..
its just that if there is no problem at all, its better to wait till week 7/8 then see gynae cos its only then that you get to see sth during the ultrasound..
before that will be too small to see anything (thus waste $$$)..
Thank you for ur advise. I will go and see a gynae then. Thanks

Hi everyone, i am in weeks 5 pregnancy now. Have some brown discharge this 2 days, can i take Duphaston? I had a miscarriage 3months ago. Understand doctor won't see u till weeks 7/8 pregnancy. Any advise please. Thanks

when i was spotting at week 5 ot 6, i went to KKH A&E. the snr consultant prescribed duphaston for me. subsequently during my first visit to my obstetrician, she told me to continue my course of duphaston till I enter my 2nd trimester.

So its best to go see a obstetrician first.

when i was spotting at week 5 ot 6, i went to KKH A&E. the snr consultant prescribed duphaston for me. subsequently during my first visit to my obstetrician, she told me to continue my course of duphaston till I enter my 2nd trimester.

So its best to go see a obstetrician first.
Hi Thanks Amy,
Did u took 1tab( 10mg/tab) twice a day?
Thanks

Duphaston made me increasingly nauseous. I was told to take for 3 weeks, 2x a day. I am at my 20th day and I stopped today, as its getting really bad for me. :confused:

Back