Anyone have surgery during pregnancy- need reassurance

What sort of surgery do u mean? I had a cervical cerclage done at week 14 with spinal epidural. Stayed in hospital 2 days on bed rest. Was ok after that. Listened faithfully to the doppler heartbeat during my stay.

Oh wow yeah that sounds frightening to me too! Did u discuss the risks with ur gynae? they will probably need u on bed rest in the hospital after that too. Must it be done now during the pregnancy? My surgery was done to prevent the risk of miscarriage due to my incompetent cervix (can open during the pregnancy). So the benefits outweigh the risks. N epidural was chosen so less drugs go into me during the procedure.

Hi,

I have a surgery in my 2nd trimester to remove cyst. Its frightening but for the seek of ourself and baby have to take this risk. I trust my Gynae and he did a good job. I was hospitalised for a day. I dun experience much pain after the surgery.

Yeah...need surgery else the cyst will hinder the pregnancy.

Hi Baynie,
Did you undergo GA and was yours an open surgery or keyhole? How was your recovery process and baby's growth after the surgery?

Back