1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone experiencing brown spotting?

Discussion in 'Year 2019 Mums' started by yinyin11, Oct 14, 2018 at 10:05 AM.

1. yinyin11

yinyin11 New Member

Hello Mummies,

This is my second pregnancy. going to be 6 weeks. i had been spotting brown for more than 10 days since 4 weeks plus. Done 2 hcg blood test and reading is fine. Scan at 5 weeks do found a sac and maybe a yolk but not clear. Gynae did not want to see me till 7 weeks as it is too early and what can be done is already done. I am now on hospitalisation leave and on dusphaston pills for 3 times daily.

I have no spotting or bleeding with my first pregnancy. Gynae diagnosed my condition as threatening miscarriage for now.

Yesterday did have a small streak of red blood which was very tiny. Called my gynae and she asked me to rest and continue medication. Just now have some brown spotting again.

Any mummies out there is experiencing such symptoms and i would really need some support and assurance that brown spotting for so long is acceptable.

I am very frightened but i cannot do anything but to wait.

Anyone out there is seeing can advise me?

Does miscarriage starts with brown or red? gynae said it is red or pink. I serached online that people did miscarried with brown too.

2. SheeReen

SheeReen New Member

Hi, when I was in my second month I also had 2 weeks of brown spotting and 3 weeks light bleeding. My gynae told me is serious and I was put to bed rest for 1 month until I was completely clear. During that one month of bed rest, I really rested. Ate on the bed etc. The only moment I leave my bed was for toilet. Do rest well and keep cheerful spirit. I’m in my 21 week now and had my check up yesterday. Thank God everything is fine. Don’t worry too much and take care

introvert521 and yinyin11 like this.
  3. yinyin11

yinyin11 New Member

Hi SheeReen,

Thank you so much for your reply. Really and deeply appreciated that you replied. I was thinking will there be anyone out there who will give me some light.

I am very glad that things turns out for you well. :) I wish you all the very bests.

Did your gynae told you why you had bleed? For me, my gynae did suspected it may be some hormone problems. But as for now, it is still too early to know the exact. So gynae only said just wait and see. :(

It is extremely heartwarming to have someone like you to see my post and given me some assurance that it will be well. I almost cried out. It had been a roller coaster ride for me these few days. Hubby does not understand what i am really going through. All he said is to be strong, don't be like that etc.

I am glad that I can turn to the forum for some support. Been crying off and on.

I pray hard for little one to be strong and stay with me. May god bless you and me to have a healthy pregnancy. Please take good care too and stay in touch in the forum ok.

God bless!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 8:26 PM
  4. SheeReen

SheeReen New Member

Hi YinYin,

I know exactly how you felt. Couldn’t stop crying as well during my one month of bedrest. Kept thinking what I could have done etc. My gynae told me there’s nothing he or I could do. The little one is just unstable. I could only pray. Turning fears into faith and tears into strength.

Back then I wished someone/ any mummies who went through this to tell me is ok. All will be well. Whatever I read on internet was not positive at all. I’m thankful for my husband, family and friends supported me all the way.

Just try to get as much rest. Is ok to ask for help now and then. Don’t stressed yourself too much and importantly keep a joyful heart. Get as much support as you need from your friends and family. I’m here for you too! (PM me)

Take care and god bless you too

yinyin11 likes this.
  5. yinyin11

yinyin11 New Member

Thanks so much Sheereen. Deeply appreciated it. Got red blood gushed out this evening but was checked at a&e with everything normal so discharged with more medicines and a injection.

I only can pray hard. i am so frighten. Thanks for being there for me. Now i on longer hospitalisation leave. hiaz...

Complete bed rest now. cannot walk too much.

U tk very gd care and thanks for giving me comfort and assurance that everything will be well. :)