Anyone experiencing brown spotting?

yinyin11

Hello Mummies,

This is my second pregnancy. going to be 6 weeks. i had been spotting brown for more than 10 days since 4 weeks plus. Done 2 hcg blood test and reading is fine. Scan at 5 weeks do found a sac and maybe a yolk but not clear. Gynae did not want to see me till 7 weeks as it is too early and what can be done is already done. I am now on hospitalisation leave and on dusphaston pills for 3 times daily.

I have no spotting or bleeding with my first pregnancy. Gynae diagnosed my condition as threatening miscarriage for now.

Yesterday did have a small streak of red blood which was very tiny. Called my gynae and she asked me to rest and continue medication. Just now have some brown spotting again.

Any mummies out there is experiencing such symptoms and i would really need some support and assurance that brown spotting for so long is acceptable.

I am very frightened but i cannot do anything but to wait.

Anyone out there is seeing can advise me?

Does miscarriage starts with brown or red? gynae said it is red or pink. I serached online that people did miscarried with brown too.

Hi, when I was in my second month I also had 2 weeks of brown spotting and 3 weeks light bleeding. My gynae told me is serious and I was put to bed rest for 1 month until I was completely clear. During that one month of bed rest, I really rested. Ate on the bed etc. The only moment I leave my bed was for toilet. Do rest well and keep cheerful spirit. I’m in my 21 week now and had my check up yesterday. Thank God everything is fine. Don’t worry too much and take care

Hi, when I was in my second month I also had 2 weeks of brown spotting and 3 weeks light bleeding. My gynae told me is serious and I was put to bed rest for 1 month until I was completely clear. During that one month of bed rest, I really rested. Ate on the bed etc. The only moment I leave my bed was for toilet. Do rest well and keep cheerful spirit. I’m in my 21 week now and had my check up yesterday. Thank God everything is fine. Don’t worry too much and take care
Hi SheeReen,

Thank you so much for your reply. Really and deeply appreciated that you replied. I was thinking will there be anyone out there who will give me some light.

I am very glad that things turns out for you well. :) I wish you all the very bests.

Did your gynae told you why you had bleed? For me, my gynae did suspected it may be some hormone problems. But as for now, it is still too early to know the exact. So gynae only said just wait and see. :(

It is extremely heartwarming to have someone like you to see my post and given me some assurance that it will be well. I almost cried out. It had been a roller coaster ride for me these few days. Hubby does not understand what i am really going through. All he said is to be strong, don't be like that etc.

I am glad that I can turn to the forum for some support. Been crying off and on.

I pray hard for little one to be strong and stay with me. May god bless you and me to have a healthy pregnancy. Please take good care too and stay in touch in the forum ok.

God bless!

Last edited:
Hi SheeReen,

Thank you so much for your reply. Really and deeply appreciated that you replied. I was thinking will there be anyone out there who will give me some light.

I am very glad that things turns out for you well. :) I wish you all the very bests.

Did your gynae told you why you had bleed? For me, my gynae did suspected it may be some hormone problems. But as for now, it is still too early to know the exact. So gynae only said just wait and see. :(

It is extremely heartwarming to have someone like you to see my post and given me some assurance that it will be well. I almost cried out. It had been a roller coaster ride for me these few days. Hubby does not understand what i am really going through. All he said is to be strong, don't be like that etc.

I am glad that I can turn to the forum for some support. Been crying off and on.

I pray hard for little one to be strong and stay with me. May god bless you and me to have a healthy pregnancy. Please take good care too and stay in touch in the forum ok.

God bless!

Hi YinYin,

I know exactly how you felt. Couldn’t stop crying as well during my one month of bedrest. Kept thinking what I could have done etc. My gynae told me there’s nothing he or I could do. The little one is just unstable. I could only pray. Turning fears into faith and tears into strength.

Back then I wished someone/ any mummies who went through this to tell me is ok. All will be well. Whatever I read on internet was not positive at all. I’m thankful for my husband, family and friends supported me all the way.

Just try to get as much rest. Is ok to ask for help now and then. Don’t stressed yourself too much and importantly keep a joyful heart. Get as much support as you need from your friends and family. I’m here for you too! (PM me)

Take care and god bless you too

Hi YinYin,

I know exactly how you felt. Couldn’t stop crying as well during my one month of bedrest. Kept thinking what I could have done etc. My gynae told me there’s nothing he or I could do. The little one is just unstable. I could only pray. Turning fears into faith and tears into strength.

Back then I wished someone/ any mummies who went through this to tell me is ok. All will be well. Whatever I read on internet was not positive at all. I’m thankful for my husband, family and friends supported me all the way.

Just try to get as much rest. Is ok to ask for help now and then. Don’t stressed yourself too much and importantly keep a joyful heart. Get as much support as you need from your friends and family. I’m here for you too! (PM me)

Take care and god bless you too

Thanks so much Sheereen. Deeply appreciated it. Got red blood gushed out this evening but was checked at a&e with everything normal so discharged with more medicines and a injection.

I only can pray hard. i am so frighten. Thanks for being there for me. Now i on longer hospitalisation leave. hiaz...

Complete bed rest now. cannot walk too much.

U tk very gd care and thanks for giving me comfort and assurance that everything will be well. :)

Hi Ladies. I also have light brown spotting last Friday. Am 4 weeks currently. Doc gave me a progesterone jab and I’m on Duphaston 3 times daily. I’m Super worries cos I MC last year. Doc gave me 1 week HL to rest. I’ll be going to visit her Tmr to get another progesterone jab and Friday to have another scan. What else can u do now? I really need to bed rest in bed the whole time? Is it Ökîė I do some light walking like go downstairs buy food kind? Just wanna know what is right for me now. Thanks

Hi Ladies. I also have light brown spotting last Friday. Am 4 weeks currently. Doc gave me a progesterone jab and I’m on Duphaston 3 times daily. I’m Super worries cos I MC last year. Doc gave me 1 week HL to rest. I’ll be going to visit her Tmr to get another progesterone jab and Friday to have another scan. What else can u do now? I really need to bed rest in bed the whole time? Is it Ökîė I do some light walking like go downstairs buy food kind? Just wanna know what is right for me now. Thanks

Hi FunShine,
Better not to walk around. Doc told me I could only get up and walk to the toilet. Everything else must be done on the bed. I really dare not take the risk so I followed through with it until it completely stop spotting. Do take care and rest well.

Hi Funshine,

Yes. i agreed with sheereen. I tried to go opp buy food and i got tummy pain and bleed brown. So now i dun go buy food. I top up my fridge with microwave food or called deliveroo.

I walked abit more or sit too long i will bleed and spot. never ending.

Mine is diagnosed as hormones problems with progestrone injections every 3 days now and 4 pills daily. Despite high dosage, i never have 1 day never spot.

I also very worried but i will do my best for it. Most of the time i lift my legs up.

I still on HL. Went a&e and got extended HL due to fresh red bleeding. Scan was fine.

All we can do is to pray and have strong faith. When not feeling well dun push on. is ok to say out and rest.

If my condition does not improve i may even consider take no pay leave cos walking or even sitting seems tedious for me.

Hi

I had brown spotting too. It gets lighter after progesterone jab and medicine. But I have horrible backache. Is that normal? I am so worried!

Hi Funshine,

Yes. i agreed with sheereen. I tried to go opp buy food and i got tummy pain and bleed brown. So now i dun go buy food. I top up my fridge with microwave food or called deliveroo.

I walked abit more or sit too long i will bleed and spot. never ending.

Mine is diagnosed as hormones problems with progestrone injections every 3 days now and 4 pills daily. Despite high dosage, i never have 1 day never spot.

I also very worried but i will do my best for it. Most of the time i lift my legs up.

I still on HL. Went a&e and got extended HL due to fresh red bleeding. Scan was fine.

All we can do is to pray and have strong faith. When not feeling well dun push on. is ok to say out and rest.

If my condition does not improve i may even consider take no pay leave cos walking or even sitting seems tedious for me.

Oh dear. How are you now?

Thanks for all your advises.

Hi Yinyin11,

I still have dark brown or dark red spotting that looked like lining discharge on and off. However, I have checked with my gynae who said that it’s fine as long as it’s not in fresh red blood and not a lot. I’m now into my 15 weeks this week and baby is healthy and actively kicking inside me when I did the scan and cvs test 2 weeks ago! Last scan did was last sat and baby was active too!

Hi, I'm going thru the same. I'm into my 7th weeks now. Started brown spotting last week n went for injection. Saw the small sac n also heartbeat. Thought everything was stable but yesterday spotting started again. This is very very stressful for me... I don't know what to do to stop myself from thinking negatively.

Hi, I'm going thru the same. I'm into my 7th weeks now. Started brown spotting last week n went for injection. Saw the small sac n also heartbeat. Thought everything was stable but yesterday spotting started again. This is very very stressful for me... I don't know what to do to stop myself from thinking negatively.

Did the doc prescribe u with progesterone pills? Apparently it helps.

The doctor gave me duphaston, taking 3 times daily.. Can only pray that everything is OK.. may I check with you ladies, do we need to go to the clinic immediately when we have spotting? Or just take the pills and observe first? I'm paranoid but not sure when we need to rush down to the clinic..

The doctor gave me duphaston, taking 3 times daily.. Can only pray that everything is OK.. may I check with you ladies, do we need to go to the clinic immediately when we have spotting? Or just take the pills and observe first? I'm paranoid but not sure when we need to rush down to the clinic..

Depends on how heavy is your spotting. I am currently taking duphaston 2x daily and going for weekly injection. It should slowly subside. Doc said it’s probably old blood. So, probably u can observe and if it gets heavy better rush down to clinic.

I have 1 very very very small dot of pink then will be like nothing after that. Then 10 days later another dot. Seeing gynae next Monday. 10.5 weeks now...-.-"

Hi Yinyin11,

I still have dark brown or dark red spotting that looked like lining discharge on and off. However, I have checked with my gynae who said that it’s fine as long as it’s not in fresh red blood and not a lot. I’m now into my 15 weeks this week and baby is healthy and actively kicking inside me when I did the scan and cvs test 2 weeks ago! Last scan did was last sat and baby was active too!

Hi Yin Yin
I just turn 13 week today and also in the same situation as you.

Admitted to hospital due to heavy bleeding then have been on HL since mid October. Ever since discharge, my bleeding has stop for a week but it return again today.. I be seeing doc tomorrow to get some assurance. It’s true that there are not many mummy facing the same problem as us. When I needed some listening ear, it’s heartwarming to see this thread. I too am trying to keep myself positive too...

Jiayou to everyone here too..

Hi Yin Yin
I just turn 13 week today and also in the same situation as you.

Admitted to hospital due to heavy bleeding then have been on HL since mid October. Ever since discharge, my bleeding has stop for a week but it return again today.. I be seeing doc tomorrow to get some assurance. It’s true that there are not many mummy facing the same problem as us. When I needed some listening ear, it’s heartwarming to see this thread. I too am trying to keep myself positive too...

Jiayou to everyone here too..

Hi C@th

Till today, I’m still having dark brown lining almost every day and nausea. So dun worry too much but do take care.

Are you over 35 yrs & this is not your 1st pregnancy?

Hi all, i have some spotting but very minimal. Today the spotting turning into more blood flow dark brown, dark red, i am very worried. Currently abt close to 6wks. Anyone have similar experience? Suppose to see dr tomorrow for my 1st scan but i am wondering if i should go ane.

Hi all, i have some spotting but very minimal. Today the spotting turning into more blood flow dark brown, dark red, i am very worried. Currently abt close to 6wks. Anyone have similar experience? Suppose to see dr tomorrow for my 1st scan but i am wondering if i should go ane.

Did u walk a lot of carry heavy stuff today or last few days? Normally the dark spot is old blood but is fresh then should go A&E immediately.

My wife also have a blood spot during wk5.. after a long day shopping n carry awhile my friend daughter then at night we spot it.. we are worried too but my wife said if happen to have next day then we will go A&E..

If u worried, then go A&E now... let them scan to make sure all right

I have spotting and (twice-thrice) menses flow like and continuously brown ones....... for 2-3 weeks ......... went to KKH A&E TWICE ..the doctors were not able to explain to me why after scanning...went to a pte gynae.......and got an answer........gyane even show me the area where the bleed comes from...............my babies are safe and growing well...thank god. be positive...sometimes it's implantation bleeding or... old clogged bloods underneath your womb (don't knw if i explained it right?) as long as you don't have fresh red blood it's abit safer i guess...

I have spotting and (twice-thrice) menses flow like and continuously brown ones....... for 2-3 weeks ......... went to KKH A&E TWICE ..the doctors were not able to explain to me why after scanning...went to a pte gynae.......and got an answer........gyane even show me the area where the bleed comes from...............my babies are safe and growing well...thank god. be positive...sometimes it's implantation bleeding or... old clogged bloods underneath your womb (don't knw if i explained it right?) as long as you don't have fresh red blood it's abit safer i guess...

Which private gynea can introduce?

Hi can you share which gynae you went to? Im on my 4th week. Just discovered my pregnancy but Im having lots of cramps and light brownish spotting

Hi Ladies, I have the same brown spotting too since I discovered that I’m pregnant at 5 weeks, till now at 10 weeks old.
At first I was freaked out also, I went to Dr Loh at TMC coz he is famous on handling high risk pregnancy, and this is my first pregnancy after 6 years marriage
The brown spotting sometimes a lot but won’t soak a pad, and only 1x I had fresh red bleeding but after checking, the baby seems to be okay.. Doc gave me Duphaston 2x daily and weekly proluton injection. So far it has subsided and more like brown discharges, sometimes have a little mucus or clot, but Doc said not to worry and continue the meds till it stop, he also can’t tell the reason behind, only say maybe still unstable. Doc still allow me go to work but I took few days leave on and off to rest at home, hope to improve my condition.
My hubby oso at overseas so I practically alone managing this, so I can only have faith that everything will be okay & hope the same for you all too ❤️

Hi C@th

Till today, I’m still having dark brown lining almost every day and nausea. So dun worry too much but do take care.

Are you over 35 yrs & this is not your 1st pregnancy?
Hi, I'm above 35 and 2nd pregnancy. Also had spotting/ brown discharge at 6 week. Are you also similar case?

I'm getting worried too. I'm currently overseas and 7 weeks 2 days pregnant (per app) and i have been having brown spotting for 5 days. My first appt is 13 april (2 weeks later). Should i wait or schedule an earlier appointment?

I'm getting worried too. I'm currently overseas and 7 weeks 2 days pregnant (per app) and i have been having brown spotting for 5 days. My first appt is 13 april (2 weeks later). Should i wait or schedule an earlier appointment?
when is ur next appointment? The earlier you can see your gynae the better. Meanwhile try not to move around too frequently.

hi, i am in my 2nd trimester(2nd pregnancy) now and have spotting/ brown discharge , light bleeding on and off since first trimester. my gynae said no cause of concern if the spotting/bleeding doesn't turn into bleeding like mense types. But advised me no sex, no traveling and no heavy duty... so far no more spotting for past 2 weeks.

Am f/u with dr goh sl at mt alvernia

Hi I have also been spotting for 2 weeks now, mostly dark brown. But once it was more like bleeding n bright pink so my gynea admitted me to hospital. I have been taking the medication n bed rest mostly, but still spotting since discharged (brown blood mostly). Anyone has similar experience but went on to deliver healthy baby? V worried it will affect the baby

I’ve been getting on/off brown/light pink spotting since I discovered I was expecting at week 5.

Doc gave me progesterone jab and Duphaston (3x daily). I’ve noticed that the jab really does help to stop the spotting but my gynae makes me take another jab if the spotting comes back. So far I’ve had 3 jabs to date :( am at week 9 now. Also on 2 weeks HL and bed rest.

Really hope it stabilizes soon so I can go back to work and travel during my 2nd trimester!

I’ve been getting on/off brown/light pink spotting since I discovered I was expecting at week 5.

Doc gave me progesterone jab and Duphaston (3x daily). I’ve noticed that the jab really does help to stop the spotting but my gynae makes me take another jab if the spotting comes back. So far I’ve had 3 jabs to date :( am at week 9 now. Also on 2 weeks HL and bed rest.

Really hope it stabilizes soon so I can go back to work and travel during my 2nd trimester!

Similar case as u, mine started around week 5 too.. the jab only stops mine for a while but it will come back again v soon. Does ur boss and colleagues know u r pregnant? Did they ask many qns? U hang on! V soon will be 2nd trimester already

Similar case as u, mine started around week 5 too.. the jab only stops mine for a while but it will come back again v soon. Does ur boss and colleagues know u r pregnant? Did they ask many qns? U hang on! V soon will be 2nd trimester already

Haiz. Are we fated to keep spotting and having to kenna jab all the time? Haha. I hope your spotting will go off soon!

My bosses and some of my colleagues know I’m expecting but it’s based on a “need to know” basis. Still very early in so I didn’t think everyone needs to know.

Unfortunately cos I’m on HL for quite a while now (so far 4 weeks with 1 week break in between), some have come to kaypoh and ask what happened to me but I’ve kept it generic haha.

You jiayou too! Let’s both pray for the bleeding to stop so we can finally enjoy this pregnancy for once haha :)

Haiz. Are we fated to keep spotting and having to kenna jab all the time? Haha. I hope your spotting will go off soon!

My bosses and some of my colleagues know I’m expecting but it’s based on a “need to know” basis. Still very early in so I didn’t think everyone needs to know.

Unfortunately cos I’m on HL for quite a while now (so far 4 weeks with 1 week break in between), some have come to kaypoh and ask what happened to me but I’ve kept it generic haha.

You jiayou too! Let’s both pray for the bleeding to stop so we can finally enjoy this pregnancy for once haha :)

What did u do during bed rest? I am already gg mad .. but ur gynea also didn’t say what’s the cause of the bleeding/ spotting right? Thanks, u take care too, hope our spotting will stop soon!

What did u do during bed rest? I am already gg mad .. but ur gynea also didn’t say what’s the cause of the bleeding/ spotting right? Thanks, u take care too, hope our spotting will stop soon!

TBH I didn’t do 100% bed rest but did try to minimize as much movement as I can. Brought my work laptop back so I could work from home... sometimes watch TV, play/talk to my cats... quite sian really. Can get quite depressing too. :(

My doc can’t really pinpoint yet. Initially when I started spotting at week 5, I was also presenting some slight cramps on my left lower abdomen. He was quite concerned for an ectopic pregnancy so he sent me out to do more scans. Luckily they found the sac so I was in the clear,

He also made me do some swab tests to test for infections but all came back negative so far. Think he might be planning to do a pap smear for me at my next check up tomorrow.

What did your gynae say? Did he/she state what could be the possible causes?

TBH I didn’t do 100% bed rest but did try to minimize as much movement as I can. Brought my work laptop back so I could work from home... sometimes watch TV, play/talk to my cats... quite sian really. Can get quite depressing too. :(

My doc can’t really pinpoint yet. Initially when I started spotting at week 5, I was also presenting some slight cramps on my left lower abdomen. He was quite concerned for an ectopic pregnancy so he sent me out to do more scans. Luckily they found the sac so I was in the clear,

He also made me do some swab tests to test for infections but all came back negative so far. Think he might be planning to do a pap smear for me at my next check up tomorrow.

What did your gynae say? Did he/she state what could be the possible causes?

Yeah I know what u mean, I am really getting abit depressed with the bed rest. He said could be due to a blood clot I have around the sac, but I went to see another gynea too n the 2nd gynea says he can’t see any clot. So I am not sure too, maybe depends on the machine too?

Yeah I know what u mean, I am really getting abit depressed with the bed rest. He said could be due to a blood clot I have around the sac, but I went to see another gynea too n the 2nd gynea says he can’t see any clot. So I am not sure too, maybe depends on the machine too?

My doc was checking for a blood clot during my last scan too but couldn’t find anything. :(

Maybe I should consider a 2nd opinion.

My doc was checking for a blood clot during my last scan too but couldn’t find anything.

Maybe I should consider a 2nd opinion.

Yeah u can consider.. but I think even if they find a blood clot, there’s nothing much they can do too.. they will just ask us to bedrest, get the jabs, take it easy.

Back