To remove 0.5cm polyp or not

XxJiaxX

I recently went for Hyfosy and after which during doctor review, I was told that I have a (quoting doctor's words) tiny polyp. I asked further understood that it is 0.5cm. Due to Hub's sperm issues, Doc recommended for IVF and did not mention anything about the polyp removal. She said she will refer us for IVF once the final blood test is done.

Can anyone share with me your experience? Eg. anyone has 0.5cm polyp and successfully conceive during IVF?

0.5cm not too big don’t need to remove yet. Some people can still get pregnant with polyp. If your doctor never say anything means likely won’t have much impact on fertility for your case?

I recently went for Hyfosy and after which during doctor review, I was told that I have a (quoting doctor's words) tiny polyp. I asked further understood that it is 0.5cm. Due to Hub's sperm issues, Doc recommended for IVF and did not mention anything about the polyp removal. She said she will refer us for IVF once the final blood test is done.

Can anyone share with me your experience? Eg. anyone has 0.5cm polyp and successfully conceive during IVF?
I had a 5mm polyp as well and we went ahead with IVF without removing. 2 transfers and none implanted. Then we decided to remove the polyp under the recommendation of the doc and it did implant, just that it turned out to be a blighted ovum.

I'd think it's good to check with your doctor. Personal opinion is that if we can give it the best environment within our capability, why not. :)

Back