FTS High NT 5.5

IGNAHC

Hi mummies,

I am currently at 13 weeks and my FTS at KKH flagged out that my baby has an abnormally high NT at 5.5. NIPT listed us as Lowrisk for DS but we were still thrown many scary statistics and possibilities for other abnormalities.
Currently scheduled for amniocentesis at 16 was and detailed cardiac scan.
May I know if anyone had experience with such high NT before?

Hi mummies,

I am currently at 13 weeks and my FTS at KKH flagged out that my baby has an abnormally high NT at 5.5. NIPT listed us as Lowrisk for DS but we were still thrown many scary statistics and possibilities for other abnormalities.
Hi,

Mine was 4.2 during FTS and decided to opt for amnio for peace of mind. It was a long and excruciating wait till be able to do amnio and another 4 weeks wait for the result. Luckily, everything turned out fine. We did another detailed scan around 20+ weeks and the NT result was still high but cos of the amnio result, doc wasnt that concerned.. turns out baby was just big sized

Hi mummies,

Hi there, how did the Amnio went for you and what’s your plans? My baby Nt is 6.8 too, doctors give a grim prognosis but can’t give much recommendations too. However I see many babies with high Nt being well online.

Hi there, how did the Amnio went for you and what’s your plans? My baby Nt is 6.8 too, doctors give a grim prognosis but can’t give much recommendations too. However I see many babies with high Nt being well online.
Hi I took the genetic counsellor’s advice to do amino for CMA and WES test, turn out it was an genetic variant but results were sort of inconclusive. The entire set of test cost around $10k so I think mummies need to think it through before pursuing further tests.

Hi I took the genetic counsellor’s advice to do amino for CMA and WES test, turn out it was a genetic variant but results were sort of inconclusive. The entire set of test cost around $10k so I think mummies need to think it through before pursuing further tests.
Oh dear.. I also took Amnio and waiting to see if I need to do WES.. what’s ur plans? Are you carrying on with the pregnancy? Take care

Oh dear.. I also took Amnio and waiting to see if I need to do WES.. what’s ur plans? Are you carrying on with the pregnancy? Take care
Yup the dr recommend waiting till next scan for further observations. Hope everything goes well for you too!

Hi ladies, i also have high NT and pending NIPT results, @IGNAHC & @Ylle how was the amino procedure? Is it painful and how long was the whole process? Did you take NIPT prior to going for the amino?

Hope everything would turn out fine!

Hi dear, our pregnancy ended eventually as we TFMR (terminated for medical reasons) a few days ago when my baby girl is 22+ weeks. Long story short, I had high NT at FTS. Went forward with amniocentesis and baby’s chromosomal results were all clear. We did subsequent testing (genetic WES testing) and sadly baby has a genetic disorder. We also found some other abnormal markers on our 20-week scan of the baby structure. We made the heartbreaking decision to end the pregnancy and deliver my baby a few days ago. It was a long and arduous journey since our 13 week NT results And we endured all the way till 22+ weeks and finally got some closure with this news. I pray you get good news and some answers soon. All the best dear

Back