Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hi everyone, I just had 2 blastocysts (one is hatching) on Tuesday. Wish me and all of us luck. Will do my beta hcg on 20th July :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_005220.jpg
    IMG_20200708_005220.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 232
Dear all, I will be doing ER next week. Can I ask if it’s painful? I’m very nervous thinking about it. Any advise?

Dear all, I will be doing ER next week. Can I ask if it’s painful? I’m very nervous thinking about it. Any advise?

Hey dear, my experience wasn’t painful. You will be sedated so you won’t feel anything during the procedure. Good luck for your ER!

Hi everyone, I am planning to do IVF and am looking at KKH , doctor jessie phoon.
Not sure if anyone went through any IVF under her care and if KKH is good?

Hi All, i just turned 43, had started my IVF with SF loh from Thomson. last sat tested for progesterone level. did anyone tested for this in between this 2 week wait?

Hi everyone, I am starting my jabs today. Very nervous! Anyone able to share the pros n cons of fresh transfer vs frozen? Kind of undecided if should go for frozen after ER so that body can recover, or go straight to fresh transfer.

Hi All, i just turned 43, had started my IVF with SF loh from Thomson. last sat tested for progesterone level. did anyone tested for this in between this 2 week wait?
I did, tested once before my fet, and another time 2 days after the transfer. My progesterone levels were rather low so was given progesterone jab both times, and higher dose of progesterone meds.

Hi everyone, I am starting my jabs today. Very nervous! Anyone able to share the pros n cons of fresh transfer vs frozen? Kind of undecided if should go for frozen after ER so that body can recover, or go straight to fresh transfer.

hi, I have done frozen transfer once, didn’t have a chance to go for fresh transfer. From my understanding, for frozen transfer doc can monitor and adjust lining with medication and therefore better prep body for pregnancy.

hi, I have done frozen transfer once, didn’t have a chance to go for fresh transfer. From my understanding, for frozen transfer doc can monitor and adjust lining with medication and therefore better prep body for pregnancy.
Oooh ok thanks. I was just a lil bit worried coz doc also said there is a small risk of about 5% the embryo won't make it during thawing process.

I guess the doc will advise you whether you can proceed with fresh transfer or freeze all embryos for an fet. Some centres like virtus only do frozen, and also for people with high risk of OHSS, frozen is the advised option. With a frozen cycle your body gets to recover from the overdose of hormones from the stims. But for some people they may find it challenging to grow their lining to the optimum thickness for transfer.

For fresh cycle, I guess you save time by getting everything done in the same month, and lining is usually thick enough because of the stim jabs. But if you get OHSS, the transfer will worsen it.

Oooh ok thanks. I was just a lil bit worried coz doc also said there is a small risk of about 5% the embryo won't make it during thawing process.

my pleasure. Hmm... for your consideration; lining is also important in order to achieve successful implantation also, you may want to seek doc’s opinion on whether to do fresh or frozen based on doc knowledge of ur health

I guess the doc will advise you whether you can proceed with fresh transfer or freeze all embryos for an fet. Some centres like virtus only do frozen, and also for people with high risk of OHSS, frozen is the advised option. With a frozen cycle your body gets to recover from the overdose of hormones from the stims. But for some people they may find it challenging to grow their lining to the optimum thickness for transfer.

For fresh cycle, I guess you save time by getting everything done in the same month, and lining is usually thick enough because of the stim jabs. But if you get OHSS, the transfer will worsen it.
Thank you for the detailed information. Gives me some things to think about.

my pleasure. Hmm... for your consideration; lining is also important in order to achieve successful implantation also, you may want to seek doc’s opinion on whether to do fresh or frozen based on doc knowledge of ur health
Doc said it is for me to decide. Only mentioned that due to Covid19, if the pregnant mum gets infected, dunno if will pass down to baby, so the hospital said can wait 2 -3 months before transfer. Need to let them know by this week. Just thinking what if I decide to do FET now, but when after ER, only 1 or 2 embryos make it. If frozen and anything happens to them during thawing process then cannot transfer.. I will be so devastated.

Hi all, i need your help. I've tested yesterday and today, i think i saw very very faint lines but not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me . I've done a natural Fet cycle
Yesterday was 11dp 5dt, today 12dp 5dt which should be showing stronger line by now ,so im worried

This clearblue is today 12dp 5dt, can u see the horizontal very faint line? Should i be worried such a faint line so late? Anyone experienced like this, n what was the outcome?

IMG_20200716_074814_BURST1.jpg

The faint line is not very visible on my hp camera

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_074829.jpg
    IMG_20200716_074829.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Hi all, i need your help. I've tested yesterday and today, i think i saw very very faint lines but not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me . I've done a natural Fet cycle
Yesterday was 11dp 5dt, today 12dp 5dt which should be showing stronger line by now ,so im worried

This clearblue is today 12dp 5dt, can u see the horizontal very faint line? Should i be worried such a faint line so late? Anyone experienced like this, n what was the outcome?
View attachment 722145

View attachment 722146

Hcg double every 48 hour, suggest u wait out to test again as it will darker as days goes by. When ur BT as it will give accuracy result as BT hv to show double number for the result.

Through photo i only see 1 line. Why dont u get clearblue digital, no need to guess the line

Last edited:
How do you find doctor loh? is he good?
cant comment much. he doesnt talk alot. only know he was a director level when he was in KKIVF.
i go to him because my insurance agent said he has baby luck. many of her friends go to him for ivf and before start they are pregnant. but for me no luck.. :(

same here. my husband dont quite like the way he answer our questions during consultation. Like didnt bother to explain much and just leave us with a blank mind and face there.

same here, I done my fertility checkup with him and both husband and I didn’t really like him too. He says what he need to says and than he continue playing his Pokémon on his phone. Left me and my husband looking at each other blankly. Hence I didn’t continue with him

same here, I done my fertility checkup with him and both husband and I didn’t really like him too. He says what he need to says and than he continue playing his Pokémon on his phone. Left me and my husband looking at each other blankly. Hence I didn’t continue with him
same here! this is why i change to kk hospital with doctor jessie and we find her more sincere and she is willing to explain everything slowly and in detail to us. usually my consultation with doctor loh is like 10 mins or lesser? but doctor jessie can really explain and we took up to more than half an hour with her for our first consultation.

View attachment 722145

View attachment 722146

I could see a faint second line!!

same here! this is why i change to kk hospital with doctor jessie and we find her more sincere and she is willing to explain everything slowly and in detail to us. usually my consultation with doctor loh is like 10 mins or lesser? but doctor jessie can really explain and we took up to more than half an hour with her for our first consultation.
i am not eligible to any subsidies so no point change to KK and after the egg retrieve i dont bleed alot nor have any implications hence will still continue to see him.

i am not eligible to any subsidies so no point change to KK and after the egg retrieve i dont bleed alot nor have any implications hence will still continue to see him.
Same here. So far, me and my husband hasn't had any issue with him. He does answer our questions well when we ask him. He retrieved 38 eggs from me and I didn't have any discomfort other than on the first day of post op and even that was quite minor. So far so good. But we have not done transfer yet so can't comment on that.

When is your BT? the line should get darker and darker each day. Otherwise, u can try using the digital ones.
My Beta is tomorrow, can't help feeling anxious. Guess i'll have to wait it out tomorrow.
Anybody can share how many times went through ivf to have success for late 30's to early 40 age?

Yes the line is very faint.. but im 16 dp 5dt so i think its slow to show, worried
This is my 2nd ivf, the waiting is hard
View attachment 722152

This is my 16dpo which faint line can be seen but i cannot see ur line. Anyway good luck to ur BT tmr.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200716-203112_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200716-203112_Photos.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Back