Any tips of taking care of 2 young kids without hiring maid

Hi, i would like to know any tips of taking care of 2 young kids (below 4yo) without hiring maid, no help from both side grandparents, full time working mum & dad.. elder one is at childcare, younger one not yet.

Thanks in advance..

I find that having soup stocks/ quick soup recipes help with food preparations. E.g. any soup stocks stored in fridge or freezer can heat up and add in veg/ rice/ noodles/ kway teow for a quick meal (just need less than 10 mins). To cook quick soups, marinated minced pork balls/ chicken meat cooks quickly in less than 20 mins. For protein, I use airfryer to heat up frozen homemade meatballs/ nuggets/ wontan in less than 10 mins. Thawed marinated salmon also cooks in 10 mins in airfryer. Other food types e.g. salmon, eggs, marinated meat can also use steamer. For a quick meal using a 3 layer steamer, I will load soup in one bowl, marinated meat in another bowl and vegetables to be added later. Done in 30 minutes and eat with rice.

Marinating meats/ washing and cutting veg can be done the day before. IF you are making meatballs e.g., make more to freeze. Sometimes I just used frozen foods lah... or just tabao... my 3.5 YO can eat outside food le so it makes things easier for us.

I find that having soup stocks/ quick soup recipes help with food preparations. E.g. any soup stocks stored in fridge or freezer can heat up and add in veg/ rice/ noodles/ kway teow for a quick meal (just need less than 10 mins). To cook quick soups, marinated minced pork balls/ chicken meat cooks quickly in less than 20 mins. For protein, I use airfryer to heat up frozen homemade meatballs/ nuggets/ wontan in less than 10 mins. Thawed marinated salmon also cooks in 10 mins in airfryer. Other food types e.g. salmon, eggs, marinated meat can also use steamer. For a quick meal using a 3 layer steamer, I will load soup in one bowl, marinated meat in another bowl and vegetables to be added later. Done in 30 minutes and eat with rice.

Marinating meats/ washing and cutting veg can be done the day before. IF you are making meatballs e.g., make more to freeze. Sometimes I just used frozen foods lah... or just tabao... my 3.5 YO can eat outside food le so it makes things easier for us.
use what to marinate salmon? frozen can store for how long in freezer? i know mostly can dabao....but of cos still prefer to cook myself..

i also preparde soup stock but also need time to prepare..or care to share any website i can order online that is suitable for toddler one?

thanks in advance

use what to marinate salmon? frozen can store for how long in freezer? i know mostly can dabao....but of cos still prefer to cook myself..

i also preparde soup stock but also need time to prepare..or care to share any website i can order online that is suitable for toddler one?

thanks in advance

Salmon don't need marinate very nice already. If I marinate, I will use sesame oil & garlic/ herbs/ teriyaki sauce/ brown sugar soy sauce butter. For baby below 2 years old I will skip those with salt content. Above 2, we all eat the same foods togther.

Soup stock usuals will be chicken soup, corn soup, ABC soup, black bean peanuts soup, old cucumber soup, winter melon soup, lotus root soup. We usually cook big pots and portion out for the baby/ toddler for next two days. I only tried to order fish soup stock online before.

I am taking care of my 5yrs old twins without any help mostly too. Its pretty ok if u get the schedule worked out. I recommend stocking a bit on dried ikan billis/dried anchovies and soya beans. These 2 are enough to make the most basic soup stock. Plus yes if u can add in chicken bones for extra flavour that would be better. I usually make different types of stocks/children curry/ stews and freeze portions to make meal preps easier. I suggest to get those 2nd hand small freezer. It is v v handy i find for my case. For fetching wise maybe enrol them at the same school for accessibility?

I am taking care of my 5yrs old twins without any help mostly too. Its pretty ok if u get the schedule worked out. I recommend stocking a bit on dried ikan billis/dried anchovies and soya beans. These 2 are enough to make the most basic soup stock. Plus yes if u can add in chicken bones for extra flavour that would be better. I usually make different types of stocks/children curry/ stews and freeze portions to make meal preps easier. I suggest to get those 2nd hand small freezer. It is v v handy i find for my case. For fetching wise maybe enrol them at the same school for accessibility?
now fetching also have some issue... cos like my hubby start work very early 8am, then kids don wake up so early for preschool..usually they wake up ard 8-830am, if i send them by myself, i book grab, & also grab to work..i need to reach office at 9am... another way is to wake them up ard 630am, so that my hubby can send us to preschool before he goes office... but kids not enough sleep will have lower immunity? i trying to let them sleep early still adjusting their sleeping hours..

now fetching also have some issue... cos like my hubby start work very early 8am, then kids don wake up so early for preschool..usually they wake up ard 8-830am, if i send them by myself, i book grab, & also grab to work..i need to reach office at 9am... another way is to wake them up ard 630am, so that my hubby can send us to preschool before he goes office... but kids not enough sleep will have lower immunity? i trying to let them sleep early still adjusting their sleeping hours..
What time your children go to bed? What time you guys hv dinner? For myself we have dinner ard 6pm, then by 7.30 or latest 8pm they will be in bed. 6+7 they wake up.My hubby also have to start at 8 so 7.30 latest go out. I send them to sch ard 8+ . Is your chns sch nearby?

Hi, my husband and I go to work very early... I wake up my preschooler at 6.20am and we leave home at 6.50am together. As long as can go to sleep early, immunity should be no issues.

I do understand how you feel. I also have a two years old and for me its hard to trust just anyone with my child. I think there are online classes on the internet that teaches kids as young as ours. Let me know if you have recommendation for classes like that.

I always make sure everything is organized and quick as possible when it comes to food prep, giving them baths, and at the same time with household chores. As a mom, we really need to make sure that we can also spend time teaching them while playing.

Back