Any similar situation ?

Erin SeksiMummy

Hi Mummies....

I just got married to my 8 years BF (Now husband ! I know! that's a long relationship) last year November (9 months now) . And my in law's side always keep coming up to me (whenever there is family event) to know whether have I conceived or not . This is so stressful ! Here I am trying to conceive badly and there they are keep popping the same qn over and over again! Can any mommies out there kind enough to share with me tips on how to handle this ? And my menses came late for 2 weeks . I read in the net that im just too stressed causing hormone imbalance. :(

Last edited:

Hihi! You can try to sit down and talk things out nicely with your in law that conceiving a baby is not easy and if they kept on popping the same Q will only lead to your stress and even harder to conceive. Or discuss this issue to your husband first before everyone sit down and talk things out, if possible maybe ask your husband to persuade your in law? Normally in law will listen to their children :)

Hi denise . Thank you for your reply. But my husband told me to let them be. But by talking to my inlaws also no point. Cause they are the quiet type. And its e aunts thats asking e qn. :(

I totally can understand how irritating these aunties can be. Tell them 'no I'm not pregnant yet but you'll be the first few to know if I'm blessed with a bb' when you see them at functions. Go on the offensive, that should quieten them up a bit.

Try to let things be regarding ttc. If try too hard will be so stressful on yourself and your marriage. Good luck! :)

Hi Alexsmum , glad that you know how it feels like ! They can be a pain in the neck most of the time ! lol ! But yeah ! Can try the method that you gave . Be a little offensive. It's so stressful that I have the thought of IVF ! :'(

Haha.. Yah sometimes these aunties are just concerned but they have no idea how irritating they sounded. 9 months into marriage is still a 'young' marriage so no need to be too stressed if you are still ttc. I have a cousin had their first kid after 10+ years of marriage.. What will be yours will be yours eventually. So don't stress too much ya? :)

Precisely ! It's still considered new and they seems to like having the though " confirm preg within a few months of marriage!" :) thanks Alexsmum ! need to learn how to relax myself more I guess :)

Hi denise . Thank you for your reply. But my husband told me to let them be. But by talking to my inlaws also no point. Cause they are the quiet type. And its e aunts thats asking e qn. :(

I feel you :( Maybe like what @Alexsmum said, try to rebuke back in a way of sarcastic in it but not too over to those aunties and i'm sure it will keep their mouth quiet ;)

@Erin SeksiMummy i can totally relate to it.. It took me 5 years to have my baby girl in my arms... its a really LONG wait for me. For the 1st few years, I used the reason 'want to enjoy couplehood first', then at the 3rd year onwards, I said 'maybe next year'. Gradually, they just stopped asking. And yes, I contemplated IVF thinking that it was the easy way out. Its like the odds are better since I had been trying for a few years and my menses cycle was on 35 days (which gives me lesser chances compared to ladies with 28 days cycle).

During the long 5 years, I tried various methods such as basil thermometer, test strips, ovulation calendar and stuff like placing pillow on your back after that and so on. Still.. nothing works :( So my colleague suggested that I take chinese herb to tune my body i.e. woman body tend to be 'cooling'. I bought 2 packs of 'ba zhen', but I only brew 1 pack with black chicken. To me, it tasted pretty awful and looks black and murky but it was my last resort. I managed to conceive the week right after. It may be pure coincidence or what you call it. But this isnt a pricey option and no health risks but good tonic for your body :)

Maybe you would like to try it? Just for sharing :)

@deniseoh yeah. But you know typical aunties tend to go like "woooaaahhh coming to 1 year already still no children?" -.-''

Yeah exactly! Typical aunties tend to love to question us in such a way which i personal feel so offended at times but we are unable to argue back if not they will start to say we have no respect for them blah blah. Sighhhh but at times, just try to being sarcastic so that they will not step over the line. Let them know this issue is between you and your husband, they should not bothered or question you so much.

Back