Any Recommendation for gynae in Ang Mo Kio Central

A

ang mo kio

Hi All,

i remember someone posted a similar topic some time ago.. but juz can't seems to find it.

does anyone has any recommendation for good gynae in Ang Mo Kio Central & maybe tell me their charges?

there's a KK women's clinic there...its actually under KK hospital...

charges depending on the gynae you choose...the more senior the more expensive...first visit ranges from $55-$75..following ones cheaper..

i hv been to Theresa's women's clinic before & i find that she is unfrienly.. not comfortable wif her!

Me Too! Me and my gf each went once and sworn nvr to go back there anymore...

Maybe you can try the KK one.

hi.. u may like to try the kk clinic. The gynae there are from KK Hospital. I visit my gynae twice over there. On the whole ok, just that the nurse may be a little slow. So expect some time during peak hour waiting for payment.

My present gynae Doc Han is at the KKH AMK Clinic 2-3 times a wk. He's a senior consultant so his charges are bit higher.

Heard from my friend what her friend as so angry with the gynae at Theresa that she scolded her and refused to pay for consultation.

Pretty strange. I have a wonderful experience at Theresa. She maybe task orientated but she knows her stuff very well. She is a very confident gynae.She has helped in my smooth and painless delivery. I still see her when I'm not well. She is very encouraging when come to bf. Her medicine is good enough to cure breast infection and can continue bf.

What sort of court case she involved? I'm going to have first appointment @ Theresa. Very worried.

My Mom and sis have been there before and will never go back again... very rude and unfriendly, zero bedside manners. :p

my friend who has 2 kids liao recommend her doctor - Dr Jen from Women's clinic. So I going to change to him. She comment he very experience and gentle.
happy.gif

I find that most important during pregnancy is to get a good gynae. Dr Theresa Cheng no doubt is not very good in her PR skill, but she is very experienced, a thumbs up for that. I have delivered my 2 kids through cesaerean with her, she is very confident and I feel very safe throughout my whole pregnancy under her care. What is most important in a good doctor is not her PR skill, but her knowledge in her area of work, afterall, you are seeing a gynae, not a PR officer.

Hi,

Anyone else under KK women's clinic? Care to share your experience?

I'm looking for a Gynae ard AMK or Bishan area.

Hi bblove,

i got a fren who gv birth by gynae Dr Han at AMK KKH clinic. She tok me that she like him so much, very friendly & experienced. Maybe u like to go & see him.

Hi,

I just tested positive for pregnancy yesterday and will see Theresa at amk tomorrow to confirm. Quite nervous - not sure what will happen.

Went to Theresa becos the KK clinic always look so crowded, as at night.

For those who went to Theresa, may I know which hospital did u deliver? Thanks!

hi Hazel, yes, I'm still seeing Dr Theresa Cheng. Intend to deliver at Mt A. She only delivers at either Mt A or Mt E (which is more expensive).

The reason I see her is mainly convenience since I stay at AMK central too, and too lazy to switch. So far I find her ok.

hi, for my case, it is true. Dr Cheng has delivered my bb successfully via c-sec in Mar. She recommended c-sec as my bb was a bit large for my frame. i'm petite and bb was 3.5kg at delivery. she said I could try natural delivery, but i decided to follow her recommendation.

she scheduled me for c-sec 4 days before my EDD. A fren was puzzled why she didn't schedule it earlier. Then end up i had contractions 3 days before c-sec date. Admitted into hosp in the middle of the nite. But Dr Cheng didn't come down to do c-sec immed. so I went thru a bit of contraction pains till 8am and she arrived to deliver.

my comments on dr cheng : she's good in surgery skills, i heard. so far, no prob with my c-sec. but she is not the v friendly type lah, and u have to ask her qns. else she doesn't say much. I find her quite cautious too. during my hospital stay, i was feeling ok but she didn't allow me to remove drip and urine tube earlier, and it made me felt quite uncomfortable. she also removed my stitches later than other c-sec cases i know. not sure why.

hi kiost, i did c-sec under GA. when i asked dr cheng abt epidural, she says she dun recommend. her reason is tat my body is too short & difficult to curl up - i dun quite agree but just went along with her.

Just to share... 2 wks after delivery, i suffered mastitis and went to see Dr Cheng as my regular gynae was closed. She was totally nasty and told me that she has to send me home as i was not her regular patient and told me to go back to my regular gynae... she charged me $90 for that... She was totally unprofessional!

Hi, just to share my experience with Dr Cheng.

My hubby and I didn't have very pleasant experience with Dr Cheng as well. I must agreed on her PR skills wasn't gd and very unprofessional. First was her professional image. Second was the feedback we got. Experiences, I'm not sure since we found a better gyne.

I was 3 wks late for period, suffering from cramps and tested positive but faint line. So went to her clinic. When she saw my embryo, her first response was "I am likely to deal with a miscarriage."

That sentence made hubby and I very disheartened. Hubby after thinking awhile sadly told me, if baby doesn't seem to be doing well, maybe an abortion might do us gd to avoid further complications. I told my colleagues about it and they all advised me to seek a second opinion.

I was introduced to Dr Fong Yang after 2 weeks later and I was told that I had late ovulation. Thats why the embryo was smaller than expected. Thankfully we seek a second opinion, else we might just kill our baby innocently.

I'm now in my wk 12 and glad that baby is growing. So for mummies who faced the same experience like us, do not hesitate to seek a second opinion before making any decisions.

Anyone knows the schedule for the KK Women’s Clinic (Ang Mo Kio)? (Meaning the doctor’s name with the time & days that they see patients there)

We do not recommend Doc Jen from Women's Clinic of Singapore. Lots of bad reviews on him. Appointment is never on time and we waited 1 hour for our turn. Beware that each consultation is only for 5-10 minutes and you may be charged extra if you exceed the time limit. Doctor Jen doesn't share much details like what to do, not to do or what to expect in the coming weeks. He expect you to ask questions. How would first time parents to be to know what to ask? Extra charges if you exceed the time limit is not transparent nor stated anywhere and Nurses say it's up to the doctor. When we check this with the Doc Jen, he gave us a very shocking answer. Dr Jen said "if they are unhappy, they can choose to not come again." Never expect such in answer from a professional doctor!

Very Disappointed!

Hi,
Just like to share our personal experience with dr Theresa's women's clinic at AMK. I visited the place when I wanted to find out what's the chance of me getting pregnant. First of all, the counter staff were not very friendly, until they saw where I was staying, then their behavior changed to be better. Upon seeing doc T, she stated that I was healthy but advised that I will need to go back to her for check up after 1 month or so. During the consulting, she kept asking if I have any questions. Well, as a doc, you should advised me. And in the end, she prescribed some medicine and gosh, it was expensive!!

After that, I went to seek a second opinion the following day with dr Peter chew at Gleneagles. Awhen he was scanning, straight away he saw a water bag, and said I could be pregnant. Straight away, we did a test and it was positive. 4 weeks old baby! Along the way, dr P.c was very friendly and fatherly. Now we had signed a package with him.

Never will we recommend dr T to anyone unless you really have deeeeeep pocket.

hi alan,
thank tat sound scary..... how can they nver knw u pregrant...

my hubby said so horrible.. nwaday, tat sound rather bad for bn a doctor nt professional.

once again, shld congra.. this is ur how many mth?

we start nearby amk.. but, 1 stretch all woman clinic so uncertain wat clinic is gd for mi n hubby to hve check up.... before planning to hve bb

Indeed that is horrible. But Dr Peter was very sharp! Just one scan, and he could see such small water bag.
happy.gif
now is 9 weeks old and growing.
Wife is experiencing all the morning sickness and night sickness and baby is a "bun"-ny. Love to eat gardenia butter bun. Cos every time when that is consumed, no vomiting.
happy.gif

Do whatever checkup you need, just make sure the clinics have sound reviews.

hi alAn,
thankz realli appreciated...

how preparation bb when pregrant?
some say alot of things to do like?
1. eat
2. read , listen n talk to bb in stomach?
when do all tes? how many mths
3. cant see horrible show esp bb develop ?

Hi DonnaAlex,
A lot of "cannot eat", "cannot drink" types of old wives tales, but I think as long as you eat and drink something not in excessive, it is ok. Example, one sip of coffee, just to ease the craving.
happy.gif
Does no harm.

I do talk to BB in the stomach everyday and now, we switch the radio from Plush FM to 92.4FM. My wife states that when she switch to that station, sometimes, she can feel the BB moves. Amazing right?
happy.gif
I do pray with my hand touching the womb
happy.gif
9 weeks now, the Apps "My pregnancy" states that the eye lids are being developed now.

I have yet to feel the BB moving yet, but soon I will be able to when it grows bigger.

haha. Horrible show like SHUTTER? Well, some people state if you have weak heart, then try not to.

I heard the BB heart beat when Dr P uses the ultrasound, it was soooooo fast.

Hi, not sure about women's clinic at AMK but i am seeing Dr. James Lee at TPY (toa payoh) and i think he is really good! He is so patient and explains everything clearly to me. Also gives advice on breastfeeding and labour throughout my pregnancy. I highly recommed him! And he is not too ex either...unlike other private gynes i have seen before.

Back