Any parents have their children encountering night terrors?

jog

Hi, anyone has/ had their children encounter night terrors? How do you deal with it?

My boy is going on 3 yo in a few months and has had night terrors occasionally since around 18 months. I will like to know how other mommies/ daddies are managing this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I read from online journals that this is quite common in young kids this age. Just avoid over-stimulating (e.g scolding/beating/subject to rigorous activity) the child 1-2 hours before sleep time and pacifiying him or her when the nightmares come. They will slowly overcome this phase.

Hi

I read from online journals that this is quite common in young kids this age. Just avoid over-stimulating (e.g scolding/beating/subject to rigorous activity) the child 1-2 hours before sleep time and pacifiying him or her when the nightmares come. They will slowly overcome this phase.

Yes I noticed that usually it happens when my boy had too much excitement or had threw tantrums and didnt get his way and resulted in prolonged crying. But sometimes cannot really help it cos we cannot just give in to his tantrums just because it is near bedtime. Tough choice!

The other time was when he just started childcare, guess it formed some stress to him so he also had some night terror episodes.

Really hope that this phrase will pass soon.

Back