Any mummy had natural birth after c-section?

innercloset

Hello, would like to know any mummy had successful natural birth after c-section. Please kindly share your experience. Thank you.

i only have a C-Section last year. when i went back for my gynae check up for Pap-Smear. i asked her this question. after C-Section can have natural birth delivery or not. she said it varies from person to person. but for my case, she said Can! but then also cannot use too much force when delivering the next baby

agree with Elise Chow, depends on individual ba..
mostly gynae are the one that shld advice u lo.

last yr there's this case from raffles hosp. & came out at the strait times that bb was bored died coz the mummy insisted having natural despite gynae's advice.

so its better not to take the risk lo...

I also thought better don't take risk if possible. But then I had an emergency c-section for my 1st born, and surprisingly for my twins, it was natural birth without epidural. guess got to depend on the preg status and gynae.

no tear for second time with natural delifairy?
happy.gif
so all the horror stories not true leh :p

Depends on some ba.. I got a friend she also has c-sec she wanted to try so much for natural end up having complications as previous wound torn (it was quite a few years apart) and become troublesome and she has to endue csec again... Guess it really depends on individual...

I have 3 kids. Age 4+, 3+ and 1+.
1st kid natural, 2nd emergency c-sect, 3rd natural again.

But I'm taking gamble... And luckily wound didn't tear...

I have a friend who is not that lucky... Her 2 girls age gap are further apart compared to mine. Her eldest is borned 2005 and youngest early 2010. Eldest c-sect. Thought 2nd one try natural but wound tear and ganna c-sect again.... So, really depends on individual....

Me also planning natural. Mine 2.5 years apart. Gynae says should be ok but really depends on the actual labour. My 1st was emergency c-sec coz not fully diliated. Gynae also warn, in worst case scenario, wound tear, womb ruptured, bb die, mother die -_- sigh, so it's a gamble of life lor

gregina, gynae really said such horrible things to u? then you must be so scared. yeah agree that it all depends on mother's body, bb condition etc etc

ya my gynae also said very horrible things until i dunno whether i shd still try for it. He advised me tat there will be risk of 1 - 10% of wound rupture, if i go for natural on this 2nd preggie. If wound rupture, baby will die, mummy may die too if the bleeding cant stop. and in some instances, the womb will tear and will need to remove the entire womb. So, he asked me to think and consider whether want to take the risk.... scary huh?

any mummy know the case from raffles hosp? so that case is also mummy wanna try natural for her 2nd preggie after a c-section?

My 1st delivery also by emergency C-sect as trying for natural birth but ended bb's postion not correct. So after about 18mths gap, I delivered my 2nd child thru natural birth. Gynae is there to see if it safe to go ahead. So is best to heed yr gynae advice cos they have more experience in this.

Hi all, saw the horrible things that you all are toking abt and my legs are soft now. SCARY!!!
I really hope for natural birth for my 2nd bb. C-sect really took lots of time to recover and I don feel the mother instinct for the 1st mth cos don really feel bb aldy out.
So its better for me really listen to my gynea's advice to wait till June 11 then plan for 2nd Bb.

Hope me not too late.

My 1st is emergency c-sect on dec 2008, 2nd is assist natural w/o epidural on Aug 2010, abt 20 mths apart. Fr start my gynae very confident told me no problem to hav natural. N I had a very smooth delivery for 2nd baby. =)

Just delivered the 2nd one ;) natural birth, assisted by vaccum, w/o epidural. Muahahaha.

My gynae says have to warn me, else if anything happens, then he kenna sued by me etc etc. Aiya, I guess it's a matter of "have to cover backside" so they have to tell you the worst case scenario and have you mentally prepared.

It could be very serious if womb rupture. Bb would die n mummy would die. It depend on individual uterus and also how well ur prev c section wound was being stitched and heal up. I gt my first with c section yr 2010. Aug 2011 due for second. For me, as I seriously know the risk (as a healthcare worker) i wun want to take the risk for nvd as my girl is still very small. And i have decide to stop at three. But I tink it is still up to ur decision.

Hi n_g, hehee... we both Aug 2010 mum.
happy.gif

Actually both c-sect and natural (after c-sect) have their risk. Heard of stories that during c-sect bleeding non-stop and some even went beyond the epi effect timing and have to endure the stitching up pain without epi. Etc etc etc....... giving birth is a gamble. even Natural birth (without previous c-sect) hav its risk too.
But one question to ask. Does it mean for Natual after c-sect we can't take epi?? Or is it bcos u went thru c-sect pain so natural birth pain is nothing to you?
My gynea told me I can't go for induce and also can't take the med for speeding up the dilation process. Not sure abt epi?

Har? we cant take epi for natural after c-sect? my gynae din mention abt that... maybe i shd ask him tmr, seeing him tmr, wk 31 now... argh, very scary, still very undecided, dunno how... panic
sad.gif

Jascmy,
Hihi. Me not sure after c-sect then natural cannottake epi leh. Me wanna opt for epi too but nurse told me too late liao when I reach delivery ward cos I was fully dilate.

mickeyboy, tell me once you have ask your gynea.
Don worry lah. Get your gynea to advice on the best option for you.
As for me, I will definably go for natural unless gynea say otherwise. So now I mus rest well, let my wound fully recover and listen to my gynea's advice to start planning for 2nd bb from June 11.

n_g, so good. So you did not suffer much pain during the dilation process. Why your 1st Bb was emergency c-sect?

wow that sounds scary.. i had emergency c-sec too tis Apr 11. and i really wish for a natural delivery.... n i am hoping for 2nd pregnancy by next year. coz i wan a dragon baby.. i guess my gynae will mention e same as above.. e risk of rupture wound.. zzz..

T_T, I wish for natural birth too. Maybe u can try for Dec 2012 or jan 2013 Dragon Bb. Wait longer better. Risk smaller bah. I guess. Someone did mentioned 2 yrs after still rupture rite.
Just leave to fate. If time is up, will go no matter what is the event.
Somemore ppl keep saying 2012 is the end of the world.
Don worry and be happy.
happy.gif

hi Jac: yeah lor.. i shall wait for my appt with my gynae on monday n see what he says.. coz he kept reminding me to try 6mths - 12mths later.. but if waiting for 2yrs oso would rupture.. then i guess i will still go for c-sec(if i really manage to get preg again)..

Hi mummies, just an update. In the end, i did not have chance to try for natural too. Doc said bb size is big (about 3.5kg now), so not advisable to try for natural. So we have decided to go for a second time c-sect, next Tues...
happy.gif
Hopefully it will be a smooth one, with all the blessings from mummies here...

All the best to mummies who are preggie or trying to conceive... Jia you to all of you & myself!
happy.gif

hi mummies, just happen to see this thread. Had my gal in 2008, ended w emerg c sec cos of fetal distress. just had my boy last month thru VBAC. There r def risk involved and some doc would discourage. Dr Paul Tseng delivered my #2, i must say he has been very open, assuring and informative. I'm glad it went well and wish all mummies out there considering VBAC the best too.

Hi all, I'm praying hard for a natural birth for my #2. Praying praying...... I hope to go thru what we women shld have gone thru.

Hi,

The best thing is to check with your gynae on the best and safe method to deliver. As they have more experience than us so they are able to advice us. All mom to be just relax and wait for your due date.

hi all, i had induction at 38wks for #1 as gynae thinks bb is in distress. after 3 days induction, i did not dilate. so in the end arranged c-sec.
4 yrs later, I have #2. not sure if previous gynae have the ability to do vbac.
Lotsa frens say i ain't due yet for #1. that's y i won't dilate.. and that gynae shld break waterbag, etc... to enhance inducing.. but gynae did mention to me that if break waterbag, if still no dilate, means emergency c-sec cause no time for epidural.
BTW> i insisted on total natural birth. means inducing w/o drugs. epi was given upon c-sec as i want to witness birth.

petrina, wat do u mean by inducing w/o drugs?

My gynea told me that I have to hav full natural birth this time. Meaning no drip to speed up delivering process. Now then I know the drip is for induce thats y will speed up process. I guess my #1 not wiling to come out yet, only show symptoms only. Tats y even after the drip and waterbag break I nvr dilate. And my #1 don like the drip med at all, his heartbeat drop. But when gynea removed the drip, his heardbeat goes back to normal. I end up emergency c-sect. I will also request for natural break of waterbag. I wan my bb to choose his own date. I don wan drip and gynea break waterbag tis time. Praying hard! Unless anything happened, Touch wood Touch wood...

Back