Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

Catz,

so it mean ur gal u gv birth at US ar??? wohoo.. then she is a US citizen or singapore citizen le ??? heehee.. gal eldest ???? wow.. hairy also sexy wor heehee : )

thank you all ladies for the encouragement... apperciate it very much.. or at least i am more confident in the future councelling....
Since May 1st iv stop drinking lime/ orange drinks coz of the feeedbacks... But i was wondering, how to differenciate heartburn? cos iv been "burping" esp after meals veli 'jia-lat-ly' leh.. one of my friend say its heartburn... tot it wun start so soon till mid preg.??

peggy,

hmm i dun encounter this.. so i cant help u much.. tink catz or nicole can help u .. : ) heeh cheer : ) tml sat n it is family day.. yohooo... heehe : )

Hi Peggy, how you know you are having heartburn is when you burp, there is a burning sensation as well as an acidic feeling in your throat.. This is actually all the stomach acids, I m now 22 weeks and starting to feel it already.

mummies here.. everyone busy shopping on weekend?? no post here.. quiet quiet.... : )

nicole,

oh.. is it due to nt eating well or drink too much acid drink ??? i nv encounter b4 le... heehehee

peggy, sounds like heartburn... poor you. avoid spicy, oily n acidic stuff

princess, i came back at 38 wks to deliver
happy.gif
boy older than girl
happy.gif

catz,

ohicicic... wow u stil lcan make it bk on ur 38 wk to gv birth le. .heehee.. but hw come u gv birth to ur ger at US ???

** this thread still so quiet, only me toking here.. *** wei wei mummies where are all of u ???

Catz is right, if you have heartburn, best avoid oily, spicy food and acidic drink cos it will worsen the situation.

Princess gal, now i am having "exam fever" hehehehe no lah i am just joking. In fact my gal is in P2, this week she is having her mid-year exam. I have to revise all 3 subjects with her as if i am the one taking her exam :p

Hi Everyone,
Went for my review/scanning and was diagnosed with missed abortion, egg didnt develope even done a ultrasound colour doppler.. it just didnt work out..very very upset and i feel very very hurt... cried for days.. Did D&C on monday under day surgery and was MC for a week but will go back to work 2mlw.. didnt want to stay at home in case i start to anyhow think... REceived lots of encouragement words from friends and relatives.. So good luck to all MTB here and really have to take very very well..

Hey Peggy, oh dear, so sad to hear that. Take care of yourself!!! Must eat good food and rest well so that your body mends well..

Nicole, wah exam fever.. no wonder the shopping malls are so empty these few days..hehe
happy.gif

Princess, can fly SQ if you're singaporean.. they even sent wheelchair for me but I don't want.. just worried I pop before husband flew back to Singapore. Luckily my son waited until a few days short of EDD to give me a good scare!

Oh dear Peggy,

Dun worry. Do take care of yourself. Take it as God's will. Perhaps he has a reason for such happening. Make sure you bu so that your body will recover quickly.

Hi ladies,

I have another 5 or less weeks to go. Very kan chiong already. Need to ask which brand of Breast pads are good? Can advise?

Nicole Chang ,

wow... ur daughter exam u like very kan chiong.. haha.. like u taking the exam... lolx..hmm.. for my baobei stil have 3 to 4 yr to go then she will go nusery.btw ask u hor,wad age go nursery ar??? thank you..

Peggy,

omg omg.. very sad to hear tat..anyway u muz be feeling very very sad now.. dun be sad.as wad phy said tk it as god will..btw the most important tings now is to bu back ur body.cheer up ger. u are still young,go for one more wen ur body is ok...

Catz (catz) ,

wow u are lucky le.. lucky ur son knw hw to chosoe the timing n date... or else he wil nt be able to gv birth in singapore le.. heehee.. : ) but u went there for work or?? cos pregnant go oversea very scare one .. will be keep tinking will the baby come out now !! am i rite to said that ??

Peggy, dont be sad, i understand how you feel. Dont worry you are still young enough to be able to conceive again. I even know people who are in their mid 30s - late 30s still be able to conceive. Meanwhile you have to take good care of your body so you can recover back easily.. Most importantly you must have a positive mindset so cheer up ya
happy.gif

Phy O - you can try Pigeon disposable breastpad. Personally i find not bad.

Princess gal / Catz - yah lor.. next time your turn will come hehehehe
happy.gif
i am a gan chiong mummy so no choice. What they study now compared to our time is totally diff, diff method of teaching also.. I have to go and do some research on her textbook and all the handouts which the teacher has gave her before i can teach.

Princess gal - Nursery age is 4 yo, K1 - 5yo follow by K2 - 6yo.. If you want them to join Playgroup class, you can enrol them when they are 3yo. Playgroup class is good cos i find that the children can mingle around with one another.

nicole,

oh thank for the information.. bwt ask u hor.. hw much per month for the playgroup?? thank you.. hope u dun find me fan .. heehee.. cos i tink i muz plan now whether to sent my baobei go for the playgroup ma .. heehee. a few more yr i will be like u so kan chiong le.. hahahaha.... yea i agree wif u. nowadays kids study is so different fron our times le.. haiz.. times reali change....
happy.gif

Princess gal, I THINK it costs about $135 for a month if i never remember wrongly
happy.gif
You can check out those banners around your neighbourhood. They normally will put it up if they have new intake.

Catz, dont say that.. I should learnt from you all. Now slowly learn from all the mummies in this thread or books.. Remember my experience was 8 years ago.. Alot to catch up now hehehe :p

Nicole, hehe.. aiyah I never thought I'd be a kan cheong parent.. but hor, my hb went to Q up for kindergarten place for my son in March.. so he will be attending N1 at Marymount Kindergarten, my alma mater!
happy.gif

NIcole,

ok thank thank... hmm.. will go around n see.. i tot play group is 300 plus le.. hahaha

Catz,

N1 is wad ar?? for hw old baby one ??? wow i still have lots of tinsg to learn from u all le... my baobei growing up le muz start to knw more bat kindtergaden n nusery le la.. heehe
happy.gif

Hi all,

Me just returned from hospital. Got major contractions last thursday. Was about to start premature labour. So scary.

Good thing went to the doc in time and prevented it. Then took the jab to help baby strengthen lung growth. Now back at home resting. On pills to prevent further contractions.

Wonder if it's God's way of telling me I've overworked and need to rest. Now on hospitalisation leave all the way till labour.

Phy

Better take care..Rest well!

Catz
I also hope my girl will be as good as your son. My hubby posted overseas and will only be back when i am due. Hopefully she will only pop out when Papa is back!

phy_*o* (phy_o)

tk gd care of urself. .wen u gv birth le rmeber tel us wor heehe...
happy.gif
cheer

Vicky,

wow reali hard for u all mummy to handle urself wen hubbi is away from home !! the feeling muz be reali very sad n feeling blue everyday !!!
sad.gif

Hi all,

I'm to be due only one month later. Now still super early. 35 weeks only. Actually last Thursday when it happened was 34 weeks. That's why doctor not happy and I also was not certain how come I got contractions so soon.

Well, now I'm resting. No work at all. So that's why I can be so active online ... hehe ... I guess I must have over exerted myself that Thursday.

Now go to my mum's place and they do everything for me. I like princess. But no choice, when I went to the hospital, they poke me here and there till I'm very weak. On top of that, they gave me medication to weaken me even further. I dun feel as strong as I was. Hopefully I will have enough strength to push baby out when the time comes!

vicky, fingers crossed for you! my son came out at EDD.. aiyoh, I was so swollen and waiting to pop! end up got induced.. so painful :p

phy, must take care hor.. my girl was born at 36 wks.. had paediatrician on standby in the OT when I had my emergency c-sect. Didn't know it was so serious until I saw my pd standing there.. alamak. My girl came out super small and very difficult to handle.. so pls pls try to rest well, eat well.. don't kena preemie 'cos preemies are VERY DIFFICULT. My son was full-term and so much easier to handle.

Hi Catz,

I'll listen to you all. Not going to give myself undue stress during this period. Shall be a happy though bored MTB. Hehe ... Dun want to think about baby coming out. Been telling baby to stay in there till full term. Must tell her more I think. Hopefully she'll listen. :>)

Princess Gal

I dont have a choice mah.Was supposed to join hubby there but what to do, strike lottery so got to stay behind first. Was feeling very blue in first trimester initially but now feeling much better already.

Think we MTB must take it easy!

phy, yup, definitely try to carry closer to full term.. preemies really scary leh.. my c-sect was super drama.. paediatrician in the OT with me.. so I didn't see her until the pd passed her back to me.. then they whisked her off again to warm her up.. think i only saw her 6 hrs later
sad.gif

Hi all, i was down with throat infection yesterday, got a fever at the temp of 38.5 deg. It started on Tuesday with just sore-throat and flu, yesterday morning worst keep feeling cold. I know i am going kena fever already. True enough it is and follow by cough.. No choice i waited till my HB came back and sent me to Blk 163 AMK Ave 4, United Clinic to see the doc.. This clinic seems to always so crowded, never lack of patients.. The waiting hours can be very long.. But the doc is good. The medications also effective.. After taking the fever medicine , it subsided. Now only left flu and cough.. Guess it takes time..

Weather is real bad nowdays, so all mummies do take care ya.
happy.gif

Aiyoh, Nicole, pls take care..

My grandpa passed away so gotta bring the 2 babies down to KL for the funeral.. just packing their stuff is so tiring already.. today had to go and buy white clothes and shoes.. TIRED!!!

phy_*o* (phy_o) ,

yea i tink u should rest more.. dun over exert.. hehee
happy.gif
gv birth le muz tell us ok !!

vickvick (vickvick) ,

oh..yea strike lottery is a good tings hahaha..... tink u should be v happy wor..
happy.gif

CAtz,

so sorry to hear tat. btw u muz tk gd care of urself cos nd to tk care of ur two kids..

Hi ladies,

I went to take a look at the robinsons last weekend. Bought some teats for 1m+ and 3m+

Managed to set up my cot but problem is the cot is VERY BIG. Dunno how to squeeze cot, bed in the same room man. Got to ask someone to come over and rearrange the furniture. Sigh ...

Now still on leave. Quite happy resting. But weather very very warm. Yesterday night was so bad that I woke up at least 3 times.

phy_*o* (phy_o) ,

wow... u bought wad cot so big .. hahahaha. aiyo move furniture .. CANNOT CANNOT... cos u are pregnant now... dun move n touch anytings in ur room PLS PLS PLS.... i m supertitious abt all this ..... PLS BELIEVE IT..... also cannot set up the cot in front of u le... ask hubbi set up wen u go gv birth to baby then wait for u to come bk hm n use it.... DUN MOVE UR FURNITURE N SET UP THE BABY COT !!!! aiyoo... i knw u muz be those nt supertitiuos one but sometime BETTER BE SAFE THEN SORRY !!!somemore u are gg to in labour soon ... so pls wait...

** HOPE U BELIEVE WAD I SAID ***

U didnt switch on air con cos wheather this few days v hot ..... bad wheather !!!!!!

Phy O, woah i think i am the most kiasu mama.. i already started to buy those bottles and teats during the Taka Baby fair few months back, The Avent bottles are cheap..
Rest well and dont overload yourself ya..
happy.gif

hi Nicole,

I'm a teacher. Now on Hospitalisation Leave ma ... so quite free can come online often ... hehe

Phy O, woah you are a teacher. You teach in Pri Sch or Sec Sch? Which area? (you no need to tell me the sch name lah) I have a gf's HB is also a teacher, nowdays as i know being a teacher can be very stressful, meetings and paperworks are good enough to "kill" you, not only teaching the students.Hehehehe
happy.gif
Next time must get some teaching tips from you how to make my gal understand her work better liao.

Hi Nicole/Phy, just read the beginning of the thread and realised you stay at St 31. My in laws live at St 31 also, Blk 350, I think that's quite close to you guys. My elder girl is 2 years and attends half day NTUC childcare nearby. My 2nd one is due in 2 weeks time.

Have you guys heard of/seen the infant care/toddler care centre that is new at St 31 called babies resort? I heard its very good but very expensive.

Hi Nicole,

Me teaching in Pri sch la. Near Thomson ... not many schools there so u can guess which one. keke
happy.gif

Ya, stressful with all the markings, collection of forms and paperwork. I'm glad I'm on HL now to unwind. Can feel a lot a lot of difference now that I've been staying at home for some time.

No problem abt teaching tips, different stage different strategies. Just ask if u need help
happy.gif

Today going gynae checkup ... wonder what doc will say. Have been having a lot of contractions yesterday and day b4.

Hi Mich,

I just checked up the Young Parents magazine. The babies resort you are talking about if I am not wrong has shifted to 12 Pemimpin Place, Coral Park, Singapore 576010

I dun think it is at Blk 340 AMK anymore. Think they have not updated their website for quite some time.

I'm not sure, you could contact them to ask @ 62589890

Phy O, how was your check-up? What did your gynae say? I am so excited to know hehehe.. *kaypo* mah. So happy when i get to know another preggy going to "pop", i still have 4 months to go...
sad.gif
very long leh.. guess a month or two down the road, i dont think i can walk too much liao. Now already can feel the weight.

Hi Mich, welcome to the thread. Where do you stay? In AMK also..? I heard of Babies Resort, they provide infant care, childcare and enrichment for the children.I got to see their advertisement at the carpark entrance to my blk along AMK Ave 1. Not too sure whether it is exp anot.

Hi Phy, thanks for checking for me. But last I looked yesterday, Babies Resort was still on St 31. I guess I'll walk in and take a look someday. Sourcing for a good childcare for my toddler.

Hi Nicole, thanks for the welcome. I stay at AMK also but at St 22 about 3 bus stops away from St 31. Is this pregnancy your first one? Or do you already have an elder one?

Do you ladies stay with your parents or in laws? Are they helping you look after the baby later?

Hi Nicole,

Me went to the doc ... he says my cervix closed. Haha ... so funny. Apparently after taking the medication, my cervix now decides to stay closed till time to open. So he told me my delivery date may not be till after next week. So maybe will deliver in wk 38.

By the way, our st 31 has a lot of preggy women. Which blk are u in?

Hi Mich,

Me staying alone and thinking of taking care of baby alone. Keke ... a bit brave and idealistic of me hor?

Mich, my pregnancy is my 2nd one, my #1 who is a gal is already 8yo she is Primary 2 this year. I have stopped working since i found out my pregnancy this year Jan.. I decide to look for a job again when my baby is about 3 months old.. I am staying alone, my in-laws staying at AMK Ave 4 somewhere near to St Nicholas so when i start
working, my MIL will be taking care of my baby boy. As for my gal, she will remain taken care by my mum who is staying at Hougang, anyway her primary school is just beside my mum's blk, so it is very convenient.There is another childcare centre at st 31 Blk 338, i think is call Wellinton, you can check it out too.. Which blk is Babies Resort at?

Hi Phy,if your cervix is closed is fine, at least your baby will be almost full term when you deliver. I stay Blk 309A, we are very near to each other if i am not wrong, you staying Blk 315A or B? You did mention before. Are you going to quit teaching to take care of your baby? Guess for you even you dont teach, you still can give tuition lesson to other kids.. can earn some extra allowance also.. If one day you decide to give home tuition, remember to let me know so i can let my gal be your student hahaha
happy.gif
hard to find good tuition teacher nowdays..

Phy, I quit my job after my first girl was born and I also look after her on my own. Only when she was older I enlisted my MIL to help out coz sometimes need a break. No lah not idealistic, a lot of SAHM take care of baby alone. You can manage, so dun worry.

Hi Nicole, wow, your dd 8 years old already. Like that very good, easy to take care of and dun have to worry too much about her anymore. Yup I have checked out Wellington before, its also quite expensive. The Babies Resort is at the block where Shop and SAve is... dun know what that block is called. Its opposite Block 350.

Hi Mich, Blk 350 is it just beside the swimming pool? I know where is the Shop and Save but never notice there is a childcare centre there except for Wellinton at Blk 338.. :p 8yo i still have my worries over her.. Exam lah, schoolwork etc..i realise nowadays there are many young SAHM.. i really salute to them as it is not easy to take care of the children 24/7.. now i have no choice cos even i want to take up a job, i doubt any companies will accept my condition.. so no choice lor.. my HB has to be the sole breadwinner till i "pop".. Why dont you let your toddler stick to NTUC childcare? no good huh?

Hi Mich, Blk 350 is it just beside the swimming pool? I know where is the Shop and Save but never notice there is a childcare centre there except for Wellinton at Blk 338.. :p 8yo i still have my worries over her.. Exam lah, schoolwork etc..i realise nowadays there are many young SAHM.. i really salute to them as it is not easy to take care of the children 24/7.. now i have no choice cos even i want to take up a job, i doubt any companies will accept my condition.. so no choice lor.. my HB has to be the sole breadwinner till i "pop".. Why dont you let your toddler stick to NTUC childcare? no good huh?

Hi Nicole, yup Blk 350 is the block just beside the swimming pool. The childcare centre actually just opened about one month back. NTUC is quite good actually but I just thought if there is a better quality one then maybe I can consider provided it doesn't cost too much.

Oh yah, true when they are older also must be concerned about homework and school. How come you quit your job after becoming preggy? Is your girl staying with your mum? She excited to have a new brother/sister?

Hello Mich, in fact i was with my ex-co for 6 yrs liao, Early Dec i tendered my resignation cos i found another job which offer higher pay. When i started with the new place about two weeks later, i realised i was pregnant. I was spotting during the early pregnancy so my gynae suggested i should bedrest and gave me two days MC. After two days when i went back to the office, my boss wasnt happy after i broke the news to her i m pregnant. Judging from her attitude, i was kinda of disappointed so i tendered my resignation after two weeks with them. My MIL was saying is very "sayang" lor if i never tender my resignation with my ex-co which i worked for 6 years, i will get 3 months maternity leave. But i never regret lah cos that co i already worked until very "sian" already.. Moreover this pregnancy i always feel very sleepy and tired, at least now i am not working, i can rest whenever i want w/o worrying taking too many days of leave or MC
happy.gif

As for my gal, now sch holiday she is staying with me. If sch re-opens,every morning my HB will send her to my mum's place and then evening fetch her home. Cos from my mum's place to her school is just acroos a small road, very convenient.

She is okay lah not say very excited.. Maybe for younger children they will be.. Your #1 is boy or gal? how about now your are expecting? Boy or gal? you still have another a week more to "pop", excited anot? Mine is a boy.My EDD is 12 Sept.. still a long way to go
sad.gif

Back