Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

Hi mummies,

After being so quiet for sometime. Here come the activities.

Venue: Blk 689 BBQ Pit
Woodlands Drive 75
Date: 21 July 2007 (Saturday)
Time: 5:30pm

Attendance:
Slquek, Hb & JJ
Feline, Hb, Ashley & Cayden
Cclyn, Hb & Zen
Bbnmum, Hb, Vyeoz & Vytoz

Pls let me have your response asap so tat I can order food.

any la kopi session coming up really hope to join u gals... i juz moved over to woodlands also looking around for a childcare for my son of 22mths

I am thinking of sending my son to full-day childcare next Jan. Prefer So, can anyone can give me comments on the following centres

(a) Montessori Lab @ Cedarwood Grove
(b) Little Wonders Montessori @ Cedarwood Grove
(c) Modern Montesorri @ Blk 750 Woodlands Ave 4
(d) Littlehouse Montessori @ Sembawang Road

Is there also any other good childcares around the Woodlands/Admiralty/Sembawang area?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Zayn, u can try LV at Republic Poly or Kinderland @ Civic Centre.
I dun fancy Montessori Lab as i found the place to small and confine. Heard some unfavourable reviews abt MM @ Blk 750. Ultimately, its good if you visit the place and speak to the principal.

Hi Doremon

Thanks.
Republic Poly is really too inconvenient for me. Is Kinderland a full day childcare?
My friend who is early childhood trained strongly recommend montesorri as it is supposed to give a stronger foundation in Maths for the kids, so that is why looking at montesorri CC especially.

I visited Littlehouse Montesorri but was not impressed by the school. The environment looks quite gloomy. Not enough natural lighting. Will try to visit the rest and see what I think of them. Can pm me on what negative feedback on MIM. Is it the programme/teachers/environment?

Hi Zayn,

A friend of mine who was a kindergarten teacher recommended against montesorri. She claims that children come from montesorri may have problems adjusting to normal school when they go to P1.

She recommended PCF or NTUC ones. I am now planning to visit centers in Woodlands to prepare for DD next year.

Hi Celia & Danny

I am just worried about Maths la.. Maths is so chim nowadays and kids need a good foundation and I seriously think montessori can build this foundation. Furthermore, it makes the kids more independent thinkers.

But guess I will take a good at the rest of the CC and see how la. If you see any impressive ones, do let me know ok. :)

Hi hi, all mummies have been disappearing...

Should we organise one la kopi session soon.

Why dun u ladies fix a date???

I'm onz, just let me know the date
happy.gif

long time very meet liao

World Breastfeeding Week (WBW 2007)
Together We Breastfeed

8 Aug 2007 10am MacPherson CC

Hi Mommies,

We are going to the event tomorrow morning to Macpherson CC, Anyone else going there?

MSG World Breastfeeding Week 2007
Together We Breastfeed

We are celebrating the World Breastfeeding Week with a Guinness World Record feat. Initiated by the Children for Breastfeeding Inc. of the Philippines, BMSG(S) is representing Singapore for this World Record feat. We invite all nursing mothers to breastfeed their children during this simultaneous breastfeeding in multiple sites for the Guinness World Record. Be sure to join us in any one of these sites!

Date : 8 August 07 (Wednesday)
Time : 9 am 1 pm

Venue: MacPherson CC Tel: 6745 2940
Theatrette
400 Paya Lebar Way Singapore 379131.
Registration fee: Individual (Mum only) @ $2, Family (up to 2 Adults & 2 Child) @ $5

IMPORTANT PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
Please arrive latest by 9:15am because the breastfeeding has to start at 10am on the dot. No exceptions.

We need a minimum of 25 mothers to register as a Guinness World Record site. Please help us make this record in the Guinness World Record Book!

Strictly no pacifiers, bottles, milk or baby foods are allowed inside the Theatrette as it will disqualify us as a record site. If you need to bring them, you have to leave them outside the venue and we are not responsible for any loss.

We hope to see you there! Please pre-register in advance by calling the office at 6337 0508 or email to [email protected] email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it . Click here to download registeration form for the event.

Special Highlights in Macpherson Community Club
We have invited Mrs. Doris Fok, Lactation Consultant, to give a talk and answer questions about breastfeeding. Topic for her talk is "Why breastfeed for so long?". A balloonist will add more fun to the event too!

Hurry up! Sign-up now and give your baby a wonderful present by playing a part in the making of a Guinness World Record.

Download our poster to email to your friends. For those who have business premises or are working in offices, please feel free to put up these posters and invite your friends, family members and colleagues to join us.

www.breastfeeding.org.sg

Movie Screening for the whole family!

Movie Screening - Disney/Pixar's RATATOUILLE

Date : 2 September 07 (Sunday)
Time : 3 pm
Venue : Eng Wah Cinema, Suntec City
Movie : Ratatouille
Ticket : S$12 each (Babies & toddlers under 0.9m who sit on Mommy and Daddy's laps come for free!)

Can you recall the last time you walked into a cinema? As a fun activity for the family, BMSG(S) will be holding a Movie Screening at Eng Wah Cinema, Suntec City. Don't be worried that your children may disturb other patrons as we are booking a whole exclusive movie hall all to ourselves. So bring your kids here and join in the fun with other families.

If you want to, Danny can help register and collect money for you

1. Celia + Danny + Yasmin(free)

Hello all woodlands mummies,
I'm new to this thread, just found it but already got sooooo many posting, dunno where to start.
I've 3 kids, now looking for a PCF kindergarten for my ger and boi next year. Any good one to recommend near Drive 14?

<font color="0000ff">La Kopi Session</font>

Date: 30 Aug 2007 (Thur)
Time: 7.30pm
Venue: Causeway Point

Attendance:
slquek
cclyn

La Kopi Session

Attendance:
slquek
cclyn
Sherhino
bbnmum (will be late)

La Kopi Session

Attendance:
slquek
cclyn
Sherhino
bbnmum (will be late)
okmum

Hello all woodlands mummies,

I'm new to this thread.

Will be shifting to woodlands next year hence need to scout a child care for my boy.My boy is coming to 15 months.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Vivi,

Welcome to the thread....

I always have good impression of Learning Vision. Maybe u can go and see the outlet at Republic Poly.

La Kopi Session

Attendance:
slquek
cclyn
Sherhino
bbnmum (will be late)
okmum
wendy

Hi Ling,

thanks for the warm welcome.

Okay wil go n take a look. Thanks!

Im thinking of kinderland too as recommended by my friend. Her sis used to teach there. She say its very good. She quit becos of the salary.

Morning mummies
happy.gif

Hi wendy
you got mail.

La Kopi Session - tonight
Venue: Causeway Point, mac

Attendance:
slquek
cclyn
Sherhino
bbnmum (will be late)
okmum
wendy

See you
happy.gif

Hi,

I just chance upon this thread...me also staying in woodlands...Blk 718....

Wa, got La Kopi session somemore....good...i like it...next time can include me?

Wendy,

I went out last night to collect a slide which was sold to me from one mummy here...next time lah...anyway, thanks for inviting....

Mummies,

Think we should come out with some outings soon. If not our thread should die...

Let me come out with some ideas.....

15 Sep(Sat) or 16 Sep(Sun)

Shall we go to East Coast Park or Sentosa??

Hi Mummies,

I'm a new mummy in Woodlands with a 5 mth old baby gal. currently considering to change nanny for my gal, any good recommendations? My block is 510, looking for nanny around the same area too.

pls mail me at [email protected] thanks.

Welcome and sorry i dun know any....

Mummies,

Knock!! Knock!! any one there????

Wat happen to the thread???

Can we come out with some outings????

Hi All,

Have not posted for a long time.

Let's meet up for outing.

Botanic Garden 6 Oct at 4pm

1) smallbell
2) cclyn
3) Ling

For Botanic Garden this saturday, do bring along extra clothes, towels, etc for the kids. There is a new playground with some water play.

Hi mummies

Outing : Botanic Garden 6 Oct
I'm so sorry we had to postpone the outing. Zen was down with cough & running nose
sad.gif

i have a 8 mths old gal..

weekday she will be at my mum place at blk 713 (dr 70)

weekend she is at dr16 (blk 585)

hope to meet u guys soon

Hi, I'm a SAHM staying in Sembawang with a boy (2002) and a girl (2004). Anyone keen to meet for kids to play and mums to chat on weekdays? Weekends I'm normally not available as depends on my husband's schedule.

Hello Joanna,

Most of the mummies here are Working mums. But we do meet up during weekdays at nite at Causeway Point. Do join us if you hv the time.

There are a few SAHM here too....

Hello Mummies and kiddos,

Knowing it is a bit kaisu to come out with Xmas party. But normally during the mth of Dec, most pple are busy so better block the date for our Annual Xmas Party.

XMAS PARTY ON 15 DEC

Date: 15 Dec 2007 (Saturday)
Time: 1700hrs - 2200hrs
Venue: To be advised
Gift: Each child to bring 1 present worth S$15.00

Attendance: slquek, hb and JJ

XMAS PARTY ON 22 DEC

Date: 22 Dec 2007 (Saturday)

Attendance: slquek, hb & JJ

Hope I can see some response to our Annual meet up.

Was thinking. Maybe this time round we can do bbq. Shall discuss with Ribena or SheRhino whether to book at Woodsvale or Blk 689 bbq.

XMAS PARTY ON 15 DEC

Date: 15 Dec 2007 (Saturday)

Attendance:
1)slquek, hb and JJ
2)smallbell and patrick

XMAS PARTY ON 22 DEC

Date: 22 Dec 2007 (Saturday)