4. okmum
5. feline
6. smallbell

Mummies

how's the dinner?
Post pic n make us jealous lah
happy.gif

Feline,

sorry sorry...jux read your post. Funny leh...i did not received your sms. Dun b angry k....i buy u gelare ice cream. How r u?
happy.gif

Mummies,

Wow wow... Wat happen to our thread??? Not around for a few days our thread got no updates at all... Where is all the mummies??? Think better come out with some activities before the thread dies off....

La Kopi????

Hi,

We celebrated Yasmin's 2nd birthday 2 weeks ago, too busy to wish all the babies and toddlers in here Happy Birthday.

We got this wonderful cake from Crystal Jade for Yasmin with her favourite character, Elmo. For an extra fee, they could do custom design. We passed a picture to them and they put it on the cake... We got to specify the size and shape and what goes on the cake too. Our strawberry cake was fluffy and moist, and the white choco balls are kind of fun too.
819954.jpg

We'll post some more pics on our blog later..

Hi okmum,

the cake is a 1kg strawberry cake (sponge cake layered with sliced strawberry) with custom design. the cake is $35 and the design cost is $10. I downloaded a picture from the net and print it out and asked them to put it on the cake.

Hi Woodlands mummies,

I'm a new first-time mum, and would like to seek feedback on a good pediatrician located around the Woodlands area. Baby is due for her 2nd BCG jab in 2 weeks' time, and we are hoping to find a pediatrician closer to home and with a good vaccination package. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks !

Hi, Babymakes3

u can try Dr Gabriel Seow from Healthway clinic but is a GP not PD.... he is very good... recommend to me by Terence Tan & Lawrence Ang (My gynae)..been going there since baby 1st month onwards... as also nearer to my home
happy.gif

hi babymakes3,

there is a PD , Baby Bear, at Blk 842 or 839, Woodlands st82. ( can't really remember the blk number, gotta check). my gal took her vaccine there in stead of KKH. the price is about the same.. KKH very far and the carpark rate is scarry..

hi all mummies,,

my gal is 15mths old now.thinking of sending her to childcare at the age of 2. when shld i book a place for her? need how many months in advance? we are staying in woodlands ave1, any good childcare there? please advise.. thanks.. muak muak muak!!

hi all mummies,,

my gal is 15mths old now.thinking of sending her to childcare at the age of 2. when shld i book a place for her? need how many months in advance? we are staying in woodlands ave1, any good childcare there? please advise.. thanks..

Hi Yan, thanks for the info. About vaccination by Baby Bear, do they have a package and do you remember how much it cost? My gal had her first jab at Raffles Hospital, and their 6-in-1 package is $470. Is that fairly standard price?

Also, is it usually a very long wait at the clinic? Thks !

Hi Woodlands mummies,I am one of the mummy staying at Woodlands too. My son is 9++ months old now, has started to plan for his 1st year old birthday celebration. Any cake shops with delicious cakes and beautiful design that you would like to recommend?

Hi, Mandy

i am also one of the mummy staying at Woodlands... my gal is 10mths+++ also planning how to celebrate her birthday...

u can click on this link to see those pic posted by those mummies who had celebrated their baby 1st birthday...

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/353635/539160.html?1181543797

Hi, babymakes3

agreed with Mandy... maybe can go to polyclinic... cos they will follow the healthbook & give more detail on baby growth lor.. cos lot of my friends had their 9mth check up & also hearing test at 9mths... where else GP just check on weight & give jab lor.... & also long wait at clinic too...

hi babymakes3,

i can't remember the actual cost, but is less than $400. maybe u can't call them up to ask. their no. is 62696928.

yes.. wait very long, cos the PD took quite awhile for each of his little patient.. now i smart liao , i dun go too early.. for the morning session, they open from abotu 9-12. so i will go around 11am.. or even go in the weekday evening time, lesser people..

Hello to all Woodlands Mommies,

Any one with kids at Learning Vision @ Republic Poly. Would appreciate if you could share feedback about the school. If not, is there any good pre-school at woodlands area?

Thanks!

Hi..

anyone sent their kids to Phyllis Riccia school at Woodgrove Ave? hope someone can give me some comment about the school.. or any good pre-school at woodlands area?

yes, it is a childcare center..
http://www.phyllisricciaschool.com
i have checked up the fee .. for full day childcare mon-friday $790 before subsidy..
u looking for childcare too?
around tat area there is oso Little Wonders Montessori $800 before subsidy(dun have website) and Montessori Lab $550 before subsidy too.. http://www.montessorilab.com/Home.html

actually my hubby and i work in AMK.. so wondering we shld find a chidlcare near to our workplace or home...

Hi Yan,
Yes, logged into Phyllis childcare and i must say it looks rather impressive. May pop over this weekend to take a look. Been to Montessori Lab but felt the place rather small. Am also considering Kinderland Civic Centre since my gal is attending their weekend Kindertots class.

hi doremon,

ya,, from the website, looks good.. but we are still thinking AMK or Woodlands... sigh.. difficult decision...
wats the full day fee for kinderland? not cheap oso rite..

this friday will be going to Twinkling G Kids Centre to take a look. it is somewhere our workplace.. actually wat shld i look out for in the centre?

Full day Kinderland $700+ after subsidy. Yep, beli ex. I'm more concerned about the environment, ie. cleanliness, teacher students ratio and wat will be imparted to the child.

Hi Mandy,

We didn't celebrate Yasmin's first yr, because she was still too small to understand anything. I think 2 yr onward is the best time to celebrate birthday in a bigger way, cos by then, the baby is already talking, and jumping and knows much more to enjoy the birthday.

If you are looking for great cakes, try those from Crystal Jade in Causeway point, their cake is excellent, super moist, fluffy and yet not too sweet, much better than any other shop you can find in Causeway point and cheaper I think. What's more you can bring a picutre and ask the shop to design a cake for you, there's a charge of $10. See yasmin's elmo cake from above.

Yan, have u decided on location? i'm also in a dilemma. Can't decide if i shud select childcare near to my place (woodlands) or mum's place (Jurong). headache ..

doremon,,

not yet ah..i oso headache.. today during lunch will be going to a childcare near our workplace to check it out first... will arrange a day to check out Montessori Lab in woodlands too.. actually i prefer woodlands more.. cos how we know whether will be change job for the next few years anot..i think i won't lah,, but my hubby hard to say leh.. and my job requires me to go to client office sometime.. wat if he change and i not in AMK.. then quite troublesome to pick her leh if this really happen.. otherwise if we chose AMK, very convenience...

if we chose woodlands,, everyday got rush back to woodlands before 7pm to pick her.. but actually if we really can't make it, can ask my mother in law's maid to pick her to her house 1st.... we all stay nearby only.. and maybe they will be shifting over to stay with us soon.. maybe only lah... because we are still in the process of persurding my mother in law.. haa....

who is looking after your kid for u? your mum?

Hi Mummies,

I also looking for Childcare Centre for my boy. As what I know there will be a chidcare named Cherie Hearts setting up at woodlands soon at Blk 877....

Angeline

Can understand your predicament Yan cos me same too. Stay in woodlands and mum in Jurong.
Great, Cherie Hearts opening in Woodlands, gonna pop over to take a look cos heard very good reviews of them.

Wow wow..

Now got so many new mummies in this thread...

I did went to Phyllis Childcare, previously was Little Skool House. Dun really like the environment. And currently my son is in Kinderland Preschool.

Mummies,

Shall we arrange a Lopi Kopi session???

Which day do u all prefer??Next week...

It's been a long time since we last met.

went to Montessori Lab last thursday. the environment looked ok to me.. but currently they only have 1 playgroup student, so they put him together with N1 class.. so if the time i enrol my gal there, she might need to join N1 too though her age belong to playgroup. but i m ok wiht it lah, cos they practise individual learning.. so if they progress differently , is ok. but i found that the school is quite academic leh.. dun have much art and craft display on the wall.. mostly are those learning posters... hmm... oh.. the teacher said that they will be learning fraction starting from N1 or N2.. is this common? i mean .. to learn fraction in such young age.. does other school do the same? during our time , we only get to learn fraction during P3.. singapore edu system really changed tat much..? a bit scary leh... no wonder nowadays parents become so ks...

can somebody tell me? cos i really dun wish to stress her too much...

Hi so many new members!

We are planning to start a breastfeeding support group in the North soon. The aim is for breastfeeding parents to meet once a month to exchange ideas, advice, and learn tips from each other. Currently there are 2 breastfeeding councelors of BMSG living in Woodlands area and we hope to help mommies and daddies who want to learn more about breastfeeding.

Last year, with several other counselor parents, we have started a group in the east area and now we have the support from the Macpherson CC who give us a venue to meet and also funding for events and outings. Some of our members have been interviewed by Motherhood magazine and the piece should appear in the upcoming issues.

If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or would like to become a volunteer as breastfeeding counselor, pls let us know, we will keep you informed of our progress, and invite you to our meeting in Macpherson CC in the mean time.

Cwoon,

We normally have the la kopi in the evening like abt 7.30pm. Hb and kids are welcome.

Ok da tie chen re me organising now.

La Kopi

Date: 5 July 2007 (Thurs)
Time: 7:30pm
Venue: MacDonalds Causway Point

Attendance: slquek

Date: 9 July 2007 (Mon)

Date: 10 July 2007 (Tue)

<font color="0000ff">La Kopi</font>

Date: 5 July 2007 (Thurs)

Attendance:
slquek
cclyn

Date: 9 July 2007 (Mon)

Attendance:
slquek
cclyn

Date: 10 July 2007 (Tue)

Attendance:
slquek
cclyn

Hi mummies

Another new play ground for the kids to play
bounce.gif
It is at IMM.
My colleague say is nice, I havent been there yet, so dunno nice or not. Looking at the pic, seems like quite fun lor
May be can arrange gathering there one of the day
happy.gif

867869.jpg

Hi Ling
Next week might be a busy week for me, nt sure if i will be able to join for the la kopi.
Sms once time n venue id fixed, and i try to attend oK.

Cclyn
the place looks fun leh.
our nx gathering shall be there ok.

Yan,
My girl's childcare is only teaching them fractions in K2. But it also depends on how they teach. If taught in an interesting manner, it may not be so stressful.

princess train,

K2 start on fraction, at least not too bad.. but N1/2... scary.. ha.. i dunno how they teach leh.. but they claim that the school is using 70% montessori method.. so hope that it is interesting..

Hi smallbell
Oh, din know it open till 7pm only. Weekend cannot go IMM leh, always so crowded, difficult to find parking lot.

Hi Woodlands Mommies,

Here is an event in Aug by the BMSG (Breastfeeding mothers' Support Group), do come and join us to be part of a Guinness World Record.

Please come join the Group in celebrating the World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2007 by making history. Be part of the group that will help attempt a Synchronised Breastfeeding Worldwide record where participants from different country will breastfeed at exactly the same LOCAL time in their Time Zone.

Date: 8th August 2007 (Wednesday)

Time: 10 am Singapore time

Venue: MacPherson Community Club

Theatrette

400 Paya Lebar Way

Singapore 379131

Registration fee: $5/family or $2/person (include refreshment & door gifts)

IMPORTANT - PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

1.. Please arrive latest by 9:45am because the breastfeeding has to start at 10am on the dot. No exceptions
2.. We need a minimum of 25 mothers to register as a Guinness World Record site. Please help us make this record in the Guinness World Record Book!
3.. Strictly no pacifiers, bottles, milk or baby foods are allowed inside the Theatrette as it will disqualify us as a record site. If you need to bring them, you have to leave them outside the venue and we are not responsible for any loss.

We hope to see you there! Please pre-register in advance by calling the office at 6337 0508 or email to [email protected]. You can also download the registration form or seek more information from our website at www.breasteeding.org.sg. We have also invited Mrs. Doris Fok, Lactation Consultant, to give a talk and answer questions about breastfeeding.

Hurry up! Sign-up now and give your baby a wonderful present by playing a part in the making of a Guinness World Record.

Back