Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

hippo2002,
You are the only mommy I know who loves to carry your baby all day long. I think your younger girl is very lucky.

Old people think that babies should not be carried too much. But I read that babies need the comfort of human touch.

Siblings rivalry
My mother used to treat my brother like an emperor when we were younger. So no need for sibling rivalry. I cannot compete at all.

Estate planning
cowandchick,
I am an NTUC INCOME policy holder, they provide a will writing service which costs $157.50.

If you get a lawyer to do it, it will cost a few hundred dollars I think.

If your parents don't have a will, then it will be very troublesome after they passed away. You and your siblings need to engage lawyers, and it will be very expensive.

babygrace,
Yes I think everyone should have a will. I haven't started doing it yet, still procrastinating.

Driving with baby
Quek, Rainbow,
I never dare to drive with me and baby only. I always bring the maid alone. My kids both don't like to sit quietly in the car. Used to be a challenge driving them around. But now it is so much easier.

driving with baby

When they were babies, the first 10 times we strapped to their car seats, they brawled. After they realized we will not carry them till we reached our destination, they gave up liao.

Nowsaday they automatically climb to their car seats. Who dares to cry in the car will get pinched
lol.gif

Estate planning

Asked my brother for his consent 2 years ago. He will be the guardian. But my kids will definitely not turn out the way I wanted them to be. Sigh....no other choice liao

I haven't got into any action of preparing a will. always procastinating

cowandchick

very envious you have a close sister. My mom also very closed to my auntie. Can chit chat for hours on the phone. I can only call my mom, no sisters...

that's why I am brainwashing my kids to love each other. Told them once we passed away, they only have each other. My younger girl always say she loves her sister number 1. Aiyo, I think I overdo it, should be mommy number 1
wink.gif

DRIVING WITH BABY
I've learnt to turn a deaf ear to baby's cries while driving. When my son was under 1 yr and i was working, i had to pick him up from the infantcare and drive him home everyday. When he's cranky, just keep singing. haha!

As for my 11 mth old, i would rather have no one sitting in the back except her gor gor in their respective car seats. Both of them will entertain each other by making funny noises and faces. When my maid is seated beside her, she be fussing to be picked up instead.

Babygrace, Tamarind
I was talking to hubby about actually writing out our wills and he said that he preferred an independent executor. Do the inhouse lawyers normally serve as executors?

kira ko,
Not sure if inhouse lawyers will serve as executors. But i thought an executor would be someone whom you will still be in touch with a long time thereafter. What happens if that solicitor leaves the firm and you don't know where to find him? i'm really not sure of the answer also lah
happy.gif

btw why are u up at this unearthly hour?

Babygrace
It's okay. Thanks. Actually, when I went to some legal websites last night, most recommended spouse, adult child or relative. Younger son had fever last night. I sponged him for a while, going to and fro from bedroom to the bathroom. Then, he woke up and we went to the kitchen to get some paracetamol. By the time, we went back to the room and bf him to sleep, I was quite wide awake.
sad.gif

Babygrace, we use providend too...who is your Consultant ? We have been 'attached' to them for more than 2 yrs now.
Btw, another coincdence - Our kids are close in ages, my eldest is 2yrs 7mths and my youngest is 7 mths.

Here is something for all:-

This is what marriage is really all about."

He ordered one hamburger, one order of French fries and one drink. The
old man unwrapped the plain hamburger and carefully cut it in half. He
placed one half in front of his wife. He then carefully counted out
the French fries, dividing them into two piles and neatly placed one
pile in front of his wife.

He took a sip of the drink, his wife took a sip and then set the cup
down between them. As he began to eat his few bites of hamburger, the
people around them kept looking over and whispering. You could tell
they were thinking, "That poor old couple - all they can afford is one
meal for the two of them."

As the man began to eat his fries a young man came to the table. He
politely offered to buy another meal for the old couple. The old man
said they were just fine - They were used to sharing everything.

The surrounding people noticed the little old lady hadn't eaten a
bite. She sat there watching her husband eat and occasionally taking
turns sipping the drink.

Again the young man came over and begged them to let him buy another
meal for them. This time the old woman said "No, thank you, we are
used to sharing everything."

As the old man finished and was wiping his face neatly with the
napkin, the young man again came over to the little old lady who had
yet to eat a single bite of food and asked "What is it you are waiting
for?"

She answered

The Teeth!!!

kira ko,
Hope your boy is feeling better now.
It's usually not very good to see postings at such unearthly hours. I used to surf the forum while sponging my boy's fever down also.

Mary Anne,
What a great coincidence!
My consultant is Evelyn who is actually the Director. Although they've assigned us a new consultant now that she's more involved with more high net worth projects, i still go to her every now and then cos she's kind of like a personal friend now. We've been with them since their early days in late 2003 or early 2004. I remember i was not pregnant then.
So your elder child is born in Feb 05? Hey, come join us at the Feb 05 mommies thread.

- Kiro

very hard to say how many dried scallops. Really have to estimate altho putting more is no harm, just makes the soup even more flavourful.

Estate planning
=================

me one of those who procrastinate. But usually u can get reference from your insurance agent. I got 2 agents both could recommend their lawyers to draw up a will. my hb n mum are aware of my insurance policies, thus if anything happen, they can call my agent and my agent can inform the laywer to execute my will. Thats how I think would work for me. But I have not thot of guardianship..its gonna be a problem for me. Both our parents are old, not able to take on this role. I got 2 unmarried bros, so can cross them out. Do not like my BIL n SIl so cross out..hmmm..tricky

Siblings Rivalry
================

none at all. Got an older bro n a younger bro. Both simple and humble fellas. We are really non competitive within ourselves. I am the high flyer in the family. I always hope for the best for my bros, if they get a high flyer job or rich, I will be so proud of them.

Driving with kids
================

I only drive my older gal around. So far, have not drove with DS alone... most times its with my maid or mum. And both my kids are not use to the car seats. Must get them to use else all 3 wasted.

saw this topic at another forum...hehe, since no copyright, post it here for discussion too
wink.gif

What are the <font color="aa00aa">top 3 things you love about your hubby?</font>

ok, I start first

1) place me on the top spot in his heart & life, probably loves me more than himself

2) perceive himself to be a better cook than I do but still praise my cooking

3) laughs at my jokes or witty comments. he is the only person who thinks I'm funny

Hippo2002
Three things I love about hubby:
1. He knows me throughly - virtues, flaws, warts and all, and loves me in spite of them
2. Very supportive; helps out with the children and household chores, all my little E.Q. projects
3. Very encouraging; I think I cooked a lousy dinner tonight and he said he liked the carrots. That's like looking for a compliment in a haystack.

Hi Mummies,

Do you believe in TCM?

Anyone been to Ma Kuang before? If yes, are the physicans good?

Thot of bringing my son to try out TCM since he started coughing after he was off the puff for 2 weeks (been on the puff for more than 6 months becos of his sensitive lungs/airways)...

Thank you

hi mummies

haven't been posting for a while. Since school reopened, have been busy like mad.

Interesting conversation wif HB last nite.

HB: how u take care of 3 kids whole day har?
Me: like that lor. Scold them lor.
HB: i take care of 2 when u not around so tired already. u must be very tired everyday .... poor thing.

For taking care of his 3 offsprings everyday, i got a good massage last nite. Ha ha .. save me $80 going for massage. He also bought me a korean comedy drama DVD which i hv been wanting to watch.
biggrin.gif

i love hubby cos:
1) ???
2) ???
3) ???

i don't know leh .... can't really put into words ....

Mary Ann
That's funny! I love it. Will send it around!

I love my hb because:
1) He brings home the bacon
2) I don't have to bring home the bacon
3) We eat the bacon

I am just thankful he is able and willing to provide for us all.. altho sometimes a bit strapped.

Estate Planning
Hmm must really get down to do something. I think my sis would be the best person as guardians for my kids. Will check wif her this Sunday, if it's ok.

hippo2002, kira,
I am so jealous of your hubbys.

cowandchick,
I like your answer
happy.gif

I love my hub because:
1. He is not stingy when buying gifts for me
2. He never stop me from travelling anywhere, even alone
3. He is OK with my parents living with us.

juz_me,
I haven't brought my kids to TCM. Is your boy in aircon CC ? Sometimes it is the environment.

Babygrace,
Yes, Evelyn was our Consultant too, now its Tony.
They are alright, we just did our review, yup, the investments have grown...PTL.
Thanks for the invite to Feb05 group, I only check this site once a day, so, won't be spreading myself too thin!
Kira, glad your son is ok now.

Why I love my Hubby.
1. We are alike in many ways and we have common interests, hence he is my best friend.
2. He is honest and is a person with integrity.
3. He is a responsible provider and supports me in all my endeavours.

Cowandchick, you will like this one ->
Something for all the moms here! Enjoy!

When everyone on earth was dead and waiting to enter Paradise, St Paul appeared and said,

"I want the men to make two lines. One line for the men who were true heads of their household, and the other line for the men who were dominated by their women."

I want all the women to report to St. Peter."

Soon, the women were gone, and there were two lines of men.

The line of the men who were dominated by their wives was 100 miles long, and in the line of men who truly were heads of their household, there was only one man.

St Paul said,

"You men should be ashamed of yourselves, you were created to be the head of your household! You have been disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose!

Of all of you, only one obeyed. Learn from him."

St Paul turned to the one man,

"How did you manage to be the only one in this line?"

The man replied,

"My wife told me to stand here!"

Cowandchick
Your answer is funny.
happy.gif

Tamarind
happy.gif
I think that couples fit each other like a jigsaw puzzle; hubby never buys expensive gifts and I really doubt he'll be okay with my parents staying with us. That privilege has been reserved unspoken for my in-laws.

Mary Anne Wee
That's funny. Really? Do all husbands follow their wives' lead? I usually let my hubby make all the major (and sometimes minor) decisions. But, I know that sometimes he tries to second guess my choice.

Marry Anne
Thanks for sharing

Health
How do you take care of your entire family health?Anyone has got any idea what is an inner ear infection for adults.Symptom like spinning spell as in feeling imbalance?Will doing root canal trigger such problem....thanks

- Cowandchick
ya, your answer is funny.

- Why I love my Hubby.
1. He treats the elderly well and very respectful to my parents tho they are of humble background
2. He supports me in every way, even when my career takes off better than his
3. He provides and cares for the family and is a generous person.

Notice most of answers are coming from the comfort zone, guess most of us already married for some time. No answers like he is very romantic or he is wild in the bedroom... haha...

- Rainbow

ear infections can result from a bad cold or any bacteria attack. I had it once. Yes, it will cause imbalance and dizziness, your vision and sense of balance will be off, so can hardly walk around.

- Mummies

A remedy I learn from a traditional source to boost immune system - take 1-2 pcs of Koh Lai Sum, put into a small cup if water (like the size of the cap of a milk bottle), put on top of the rice in the cooker (the the rice is done) and let it steam inside for 15-30mins. Then pour the liquid into the milk or drink and let bb/child drink. To be taken only once in a while. Belief to boost the immune system from flu n colds.

Rainbow,
Inner ear infection will cause imbalance but not sure if doing a root canal can actually trigger it.
I take supplements to boost immunity. I also make hubby take them. And i shared before my boy takes colostrum with probiotics and cod liver oil.
I used to be v lazy in taking supplements but with all the lack of sleep and midnight wakings with #2, i was more diligent and i think it helps. I take spirulina and colostrum to boost immunity, calcium cos i'm breastfeeding, and fish oil when my fish intake is lesser (this one helps in boosting my milk supply).

babygrace

is it alrite to take supps while bfg? I used to take Vit C, calcium n fish oil but stop when I bf, cos worried they will affect the milk. Now only taking Anlene for calcium.

Cuddles,
My kids' PD tell me it's ok for those that i've been taking. She says that calcium is v important to bfg mothers and because my girl had a bout of ezcema once when she was a few months old, she told me to avoid cow's milk and take calcium tablets instead. I'm taking the Jarrows Fish oil which is meant for pregnant and lactating mothers. Spirulina is more for a balanced diet and the one that i'm taking is suitable for children so i guess it should be ok.

babygrace

is it alrite to take supps while bfg? I used to take Vit C, calcium n fish oil but stop when I bf, cos worried they will affect the milk. Now only taking Anlene for calcium.

Babygrace,Cuddles
Thanks for sharing info on inner ear infections....

Cuddles
How long and how did you recover from the ear infection....Asking you this, cos hubby is stuck in London hotel with ear infection...Cannot move around due to the imabalance....cannot come back and there is no one there...I have been calling every six hourly to know that he is fine....

Rainbow
Oh dear. I had ear infection before (though not in middle ear). It got better within a few days with ear-drops and a course of antibiotics. Can the hotel staff get him some medication from the pharmacy? Does he have travel medical insurance (can call for a doctor)?

Hi Kira

Thanks for concern.

He has a company doctor that came in and gave him a jab and some antibiotics...he rest in the hotel...before that he vomitted and cannot move at all...

Company doctor will be coming in in a few hours time but he will not be flying back till he is better.He still cannot walk properly due to the imbalances.

Hi Mummies
Been bz this week....

C&C
Ur answer is funny!

I wanted to say:
Hb brings home the bacom
I bring home the bacon
but our bacon is not as big as C&C's bacon!! hahaha....

for me ah,
1. Hb loves me w/o condition loh...doesn't criticise me...
2. Hb trusts me completely loh...
3. Hb loves the kids and makes an effort to play with them..
I guess hv more reasons lah, must go and think harder...

kira
Sorry, late reply, I think is 3-4 fat dried oysters...

tamarind
As of now, my boy is closest to me ... the gals are not so loving twds me.... my boy wl hug and kiss me in private and in public... and verbalise his affection twds me..

I think the fact ur hb can take it with ur parents living under one roof is v good liao.... I can't imagine if I hv to do with same with my inlaws... shudder...

rainbow
O dear! I hope ur hb is fine.. does he hv colleagues who can check on him???
Imbalance, then difficult to move about.. how ah??

styloBB, Tamarind

from my observation, son-in-laws seems not to mind living with wife's parents. usually the relationship is more amicable than daughter-in-laws. most ideal case is of course different household.

I have never ask hubby whether he minds if my parents moved in with us. hehe, he probably will freak out because my mom loves to stock up food & supplies, pots & pans, multiples of every item. like a mini provision shop

Rainbow

my mom had ear infection once. I think hers was minor, didn't need bed rest like your hubby
you must be very worried, cannot take care of him personally

mommies

<font color="aa00aa">do your hubby prefer you to make decisions?</font> I meant minor ones lah, like where to eat, what to eat, plan activities for the day? that sort of decisions

hubby always asks me where to go? what to eat? irks me so much sometimes. Told him 'while you are sitting in the car waiting for me to fetch the kids, why don't think of what & where to eat?' I prefer him to decide, I just tag along

sometimes we run out of ideas & I will turn to my elder girl. She is one decisive girl
lol.gif

Hippo/styloBB

Thanks for concern....

Yap, quite worried but I cannot do anything cos am so far away....

No one check on him except me via telephone...will call him in midnight and check on how is he and will he be fit to fly back this sunday....He told me this is the worst that he ever get....

Making Decision
Hmmm..am usually the one who call the shot....he will just follow...unless I do not want to make decision....

rainbow,
Oh dear, hope your hubby gets well soon. Definitely can't fly with an ear infection, it'll be too painful. Even with a common cold, i find that the air pressure in the ears are bad enough.

DECISION-MAKING
I always tell people that i'm the GENERAL while hubby is the MAJOR. haha!
He's too busy to decide on all those general matters but when it comes to major decisions, it's usually a joint decision.

babygrace

Yap, I also think its very painful to fly even pax as a passenger.He cannot even get out to buy food and has to wait for next set of colleagues to come in ...worst still, has to go down to the hotel lobby to check who are on the list...so worried that he might fall while on the way down there.....

Rainbow
It's certainly good to hear that your hubby has had medical attention. Hope he gets well enough to travel back soon.
happy.gif

StyloBB
Thanks!

Hippo2002
It's generally true 'cos guys usually don't take things personally but if both family cultures and personalities are very different, the differences over long periods of time can irk the son-in-law and parents too.

Decision making
Yah, I do that too when I'm lazy to think of where to eat or places to go - just ask hubby and if hubby's lazy too, we ask our kids. Usually it's son and hubby who have different ideas...I just ask them to negotiate and reach an agreement between the two of them. But, I tend to consult hubby on most issues - kids, finance, etc. I feel more confident when it's a joint decision. Joint decision means joint responsibility for consequences.
happy.gif

Kira

hehe, comes to decisions on kids issue, I am the one who stopped hubby from signing them up for enrichments. He is over zealous sometimes.
For example, I think Global Arts is too expensive just to learn colouring but hubby insisted to let my elder girl try for a few months. Then he wants to send both to abacus. I tell him no, too much home work for my elder girl since she's already attending Kumon. Too tiring for me too, I am the one who needs to nag leh

styloBB, hippo2002,
Yes I think it is much more difficult for DIL and MIL to stay together. So far my hubby didn't complain about my parents, except that he finds my mother favours my girl too much.

Decision making
I make all decisions about kids enrichment classes, nursery schools, PDs, doctors and where to travel. My hubby does not object my decisions.

Rainbow, Babygrace, Tamarind

I used to be the decision maker at the early stage of our relationship, until the first year of marriage. I realized it doesn't worked so well for us. I tend to lose my temper if hubby didn't carry out my 'instructions' properly and he will sulk after getting a earful from me. Stressful for both of us. So I switched mode to take a back seat, he decides everything. Seems to work better this way. We don't argue anymore. I will consult him on every decision, including how many chicken drum sticks to buy
lol.gif

Thanks for the replies on TCM.
Usually, I will switch on the air-con before they sleep (weather very warm)... and will switch off about 12 before I go to bed.

One of my child has eczema,. He kept scratching unitl the skin bleed... any mummies have experience in child eczema?

Didn't know ear infection can be so serious. Recently, one of my ear is abit block. Doc said I digged my ear too hard...given me ear drops...

hippo2002,
I use www.blogger.com. It's quite easy, just try it out !

juz_me,
My younger boy also got eczema. I brought him to see the specialist at National Skin Centre. The doctor said must keep his skin moisturized. I am using cetaphil shower cream and moisturizer cream for my boy. Now it is much better. I also read somewhere that bathe once a day is enough.

If your child is coughing, best to avoid air con altogether. Every time my boy cough, I will stop him from school until he completely recovers.

Juz me

I think ioniser helps too. Mine is Sharp.
You can check out the various models at Harvey or major electrical shops

Tamarind

thanks for the link
happy.gif

Rainbow

oh dear.. I hope ur hb is back now.. and better. I had my ear infection for a week! Excruciating experience of my life! Its like cant see where u going, I kept knocking into tables, cabinets, fell down in the MRT etc And i continue to go to work, wonder now how i got thru it... I can understand your hb would vomit as the dizziness is really terrible.

With antibiotics, it shd go away pretty fast. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Hi cuddles

Thanks for your concern and sharing...Yap, heard one of his friend also had similar experience but took one month to recover.

Hubby will be back tomolo evening, not recovered totally....just hope this will not be a re current kind of thing...

Oh dear , really wondering how you get thr those days with that condition.....

Back