Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

Hi Ladies ...!

Sorry I have not drop by lately. Been busy with my gal's Graduation Day. She had to practice for her singing performance and then another musical "Under the Sea" where she is the Star fish.

Anyway, now trying to look for a childcare/playgroup for my 2.8yrs boy somewhere near my workoplace in Teck Whye area so easy to send and fetch. My girl is going to P1 next year @Innova Primary School in Woodlands.

Fall,
My 6 yrs old was also prone to fall off the bed. Once when she was slightly more than a year, she fell off the bed while playing with her cousins, then she started vommitting so I quickly send her to A&E KKH, they did a scan & everything. She was in the hospital for a few days and also the results all came back ...with no damages. When my kids are small (0-4yrs), even a very higher fever (40o), I'll take them to A&E, especially after administer paracetamol for 3 times (within 24 hrs) and consistent sponging.

Holiday,
Not sure can afford a holiday now. Our car is in the workshop. They are asking for $1.8K for the repair of engine, then reduced to $1.2K and now $1K. I argue that the car is less than 1 year and within warranty so why must I pay so much since the damage is internal/engine & Not external/body of the car. Anyway, for holiday thot of taking the kids for 1 day trip to one of those 1 day package tour to Ostrich farm & fruit farm in JB. Then go camping @Changi Beach or East Coast for 3 days 2 nights or for more adventure at Pulau Ubin. See if I can get a few friends to come with me. The rest, just more swimming and zoo trips since we are friends of the zoo so going to the zoo is free ;)

Back up career,
I also took various massage courses (Indonesian, Sports, post-natal, Swedish) even up to ITEC UK Diploma level so in case I need to switch line, can go to the Spa industry, hopefully somewhere in Mauritius, Maldives or Seychells or the Carribean ... ;)

sleepy, ad said got to book through agency. can accrue mileage.

lucky lah, you travel can use mileage to redeem airtix and use corp rate hotel ratess. like my sales people, better still can use hotel frequent stay points to redeem for free stay. so their holiday expenses is only the airtix surcharges and food and transport and shopping. poor us got to pay for the whole package! and their salary is already more then us... so in the end, its the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer.

edrick, yes, 18 mths can take already. take 3 dose, 2 weeks apart. son must be ok before you give it to him. else no use. I think the poor little gal had a concussion. and was not treated early... very upset when maid trys to cover up. then again, maybe she did not think that its impt or significant to tell the parents? at th end of the day, we as parents have to be alert and always look out for our kids. don't just rely on maids, kids are our responsibility!

ginger, heerrr, how come car in workshop? engine problem? then they should take care of it FOC. should not need to pay a cent if there is guarantee on it. insisted on it.

Hi Mummies
A bz day at office for me

sleepy
Me neither, hardly cries... now if I watch sth sad or read sth sad, my tears will roll.. haiz....

Me also travelled, at least don't feel so 'helpless' now...hehehe....

erick
U are v funny, I told u I am thinking of going to Sentosa instead and u tell me to go Maldives... wud hv banged my head against the wall but no, no cos I went to Maldives before !!! It is lovely! Hahaha... wud love to return again.... maybe to Mauritius instead?? can keep dreaming....

I don't know if children can take the Sambucous, it says 5ml for children.. maybe Tam can advise....

Can you sleep with erick in another room for a short while until his cough gets beta?

I watched that episode but I didn't cry...

rona
Yah loh, I rather the maid tells us than hide....

precious gem
How come can reduce the cost so much?

U are v good, can hv back-up career...

Hi Mummies
A bz day at office for me

sleepy
Me neither, hardly cry.. now if I watch sth sad or read sth sad, my tears will roll.. haiz....

Me also travelled, at least don't feel so 'helpless' now...hehehe....

erick
U are v funny, I told u I am thinking of going to Sentosa instead and u tell me to go Maldives... wud hv banged my head against the wall but no, no cos I went to Maldives before !!! It is lovely! Hahaha... wud love to return again.... maybe to Mauritius instead?? can keep dreaming....

I don't know if children can take the Sambucous, it says 5ml for children.. maybe Tam can advise....

Can you sleep with erick in another room for a short while until his cough gets beta?

I watched that episode but I didn't cry...

rona
Yah loh, I rather the maid tells us than hide....

precious gem
How come can reduce the cost so much?

U are v good, can hv back-up career...

styloBB,

That's why I was wondering. Cuz there were a few of us who were not happy. And it is still within the warranty period, less than a year, by right shud be free & perhaps pay for labour cost at most.

Wow Maldives, I wish I cud afford to go there ... yeah I cud really bang my head on the wall cuz I only plan to go to Pulau Ubin or Sentosa island
sad.gif
A far cry from Maldivessss.......

precious, what make is the car? then can take note in case got someone going to buy. u can also check with case to c if u have a case or not. travel, not to worry, i also cannot go anywhere... got time but no money... hehehe...
my investment all down the drain also... dunno can recover or not... all my hard-earned money & savings. should have bot lots of gold bars and keep under the bed ...
happy.gif
or buy lots of gems and stones to wear, at least can still wear them... now its just some worthless number!

BPA free bottles
Yes there have been conflicting reports about whether BPA is harmful or not. But I think most mommies prefer to be on the safe side.

rona,
Sorry to hear about your investments, hopefully you will recover them. Yes gold is still the best investment. I bought some gold about 10 years ago, recently sold and made a neat profit.

My boy also used to take cordyceps, but it is so expensive. It did help him. But when he was attending school, he will still get sick once a month, infected by other children. For prevention of cold and cough, I find that Sambucol works quite well for him. But I think the best is still to keep him away from the source of the infection from a while, that means letting him stay away from school !

edrickelleon,
Oh dear that is a very sad story. Yes most maids will not dare to tell the employer if anything happens to the infant. There is a very big risk when babies/toddlers are left alone with maids at home. Even when there is someone at home to supervise the maid, we still must pay close attention to the babies/toddlers ourselves.

Sambucol is a black elderberry extract, good for kids who get colds easily. It tastes like Ribena, but works much better. Read here for the details.

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Sambucus-For-Kids-Berry-4-fl-oz

Under 1 year old, take 1/2 teaspoon daily. But if your child is not attending school yet, not likely to get cold/coughs from other kids, then it is not necessary to take Sambucol.

edrick
My kids are still coughing. It's been such a long time.

Tam
A bit lazy to read the web about sambucol cos kinda tired now. Just one question, is it like a supplement rather than medication? If it's more like a supplement think I will buy and try. Cos I don't think my kids will take to the taste of Chinese med although it is gentler than Western med.

Rona
I've lost about 40% of my investment. Hope it makes you feel better to know that you are not alone. I take heart that I still have the other 60% so I don't feel so bad. I buy only blue chips so I am still confident that the companies I invest in will be able to ride out the storm. But still I always feel that me & my hubby are not astute investors, think we seem to lose more than gain, cos when it goes up, greed lah, hold on don't sell will go higher..then it comes tumbling down, then hold n hold till it goes up and then the story repeats itself..

mine also mostly blue chips... a couple of chinese stocks like yangzijiang which i bought at $2! now its only trading for like $0.35... don't even dare to count how much i lost.

don't think about it. as long as we are not selling it now its not lost yet... what goes up will come down and what come down will go up!

I'm changing school for Arnold. going to go to a PCF Kindergarten to start K2 next Jan onwards. for a start, its a 4hr program compared to the 3hr current one. After the break for lunch and prayers and songs, i think they have only 2hrs left for learning... think life at the PCF Kindergarten will be closer to the one when he goes to P1, current one will be too relaxing and too good life for him. Tam is your gal in PCF Kindergarten? i still need to collect my stuff from you...

rona,
You can collect your stuff any time. Just give me a call the day before
happy.gif

Both my kids are at PCF. Nowadays they have normal PCF, and "premium" PCF that charges more. How much school fees will you be paying ? Those that charge $100 a month are normal PCF. My girl's premium PCF costs about $220+ a month. The premium PCF teaches much more than the normal PCF.

gingerbelle,
Sambucol is not a medication, it is a black elderberry extract. It is supposed to be something like Ribena. If taken regularly, Sambucol should help to prevent colds. If a child is having a cold, Sambucol will help him to recover faster.

rona:
Thanks for the verification.

Tam:
Thanks for the info on Sambucol, and I also wish to order it from your spree. Keep me posted.

Precious:
Seems like you've planned well ahead to ride against the storm. 2 thumbs up!

Stylo:
Haha, think i'm still dreaming about maldives..coz i only remember the gd things and excited to share..lol. But for now, I agree such trip is a luxury financially as well as a luxury against hectic work and kids schedule. Haiz...But never stop dreaming.. ;) It's keeps the fire in life burning..

Ginger:
Sry to hear your gal's still not recovering. Edrick's cough and running nose seems to subside. But still has lots of phlegm. Sigh..Poor boy on medication for 1 and a half weeks now and he'd lost quite abit of weight. "Heart Pain" man!

Preschool:
I've just confirmed enrolment with White Lodge for edrick into playgroup. 2 times a week. If he can adapt, I'll probably let him stayed on until nursery. They also to provide up to K2, but from what you mommies wrote above, is it better that I consider to change him to PCF for K1 & K2?

i called the PCF, school fees is $107/mth, includes phonics, twice a week computer class and regular classes of english, mandarin, maths, music and movement etc. For speech & drama class, its extra pay, the mandarin is about $70 per term while the english one is about $120 per term. the school fees including s&d (mand & eng) is $200/mth. My current kindergarten is charging $170/mth without phonics program and speech & drama class. Think PCF is better so good to change.

rona,
Premium PCF will cost more and include enrichment classes. I think the one you are going to is the premium type. Every PCF is different, my girl's PCF includes cooking class, speech and drama at no extra charge, dancing class needs to pay extra.

Normal PCF costs only $107 a month, and does not have any enrichment classes.

edrickelleon,
You can go ahead and PM me your orders.

Not all PCF kindergarten are good, you need to choose carefully. I think there are not many premium PCF around.

sleepy,
OK.

dear all mummies,
so long didn't post here, think abt a year liao. Hope some of u still rem me, i jus gave birth to my twin girls now turning 5mths soon.

Hi singmum, congrats! sounds like everybody having twins... except me when I wanted it so much. I won't mind having twins for the 1st or 2nd pregnancy... so long as I have 3 kids in total...
happy.gif

Tam

Have PMed u my order.

Edrick

My gal is having fever again. The PD says she has caught another virus before she even recovered from the last one. We slept without air-con last night and she seemed to have slept better. Think will sleep without air-con for a while till she recovers.

Hi Mummies

erick
Dream until hair is white still dreaming ...haiz...

singmum
Hi Hi, me also mom to twin gals... my gals wl turn 3 coming Jan.. time flies...

rona
U all the while wanna hv 3 kids???

tam
My kids spit out the Sambucol leh... haiz...

Long time no posting .

PCF
My PCF here cost $118 for nursery, without aircon. Went to take a look yesterday. The place looks abit messy leh. Didnt have a chance to speak to the principal. I remember my old house pcf is with aircon and cost abt the same price. Dun know why no aircon still charge at $1118. I thought PCF with no aircon will cost about $50. I find it abit expensive. Why is it not heavy subsidise like primary school? Are how those low income going to cope?

Laundry
Previously there was a discussion on this topic. How often do you wash your bed linen? I do it twice a mth. But do you all wash the mattress protector too? And what about the quilt? If i had wash the quilt cover, is it necessary to wash the quilt too? So sotong when comes to doing housework.

Feel so incompetence. Instead of controlling my son, I think he is controlling me. He had watched the TV from 4.30pm yesterday till 11.30pm! I had switched on tv because he refused to eat. He only likes things, white rice, chilli and soup. Theres nothing else that he takes. There is no way that i can stop him. If I off it, he will turn it on himself. Unless I resort to scolding, shouting, threaten to beat him. Everday is a battle. Everday afternoon he will play with water. He will take water from the tap, pour it onto his tricyle basket and ride it around the house. Some water will spilt over the floor. He then proceed to use wet tissue to dip into the water and clean the house. By then the house will be wet with water. With water all over the floor.
Another thing he likes is tissue paper. He will take the whole tissue box and pour it on the floor. Sometimes he pretend that its snowing and sometimes he pretend his fishing the papers. My hubby said that we shouldnt stop him because he is doing creative playing. But sometimes I think its too wasteful to do that. So I stop him. Another battle begins....

Anyone has this problem?

White Hair
Im having more and more white hair. Is there anything I can do? Perhaps taking some chinese herbs/tonic?

Maid
My maid of 4yrs is leaving this weekend. I'm so worried that my son will be greatly affected. he is so attached to her. My son said that he likes papa the best, no 2 is my maid, i'm no. 3. What a failure. My hubby said that my approach is wrong. i'm too harsh to him. But the thing is, when daddy says things nicely to him, he will listen. But when I reason with him, he refused to listen. Even if I scream at him, he will cry and fight back with me. But if my hubby shout at him, he will cry and listen.

I had already sign up a 3hr nursery class for him next year. Thought of sending him to some activities in the afternoon. Better than playing water/paper, plus i really dont want to fight with him. If i sign him up for pcf nursery class for afternoon is it ok for him? I dont know if its too much for him especially he is really slow in adaptation. With maid leaving and 2 new schools, i dont know if he can cope. Someone had sugguested that i will be beter to send him for enrichment classes than another nursery class. But its the budget constraint lah. For eg Yamaha music class for 4yr old cost about the same as PCF class but its only once a week. i cant think of anything else. Is there homework for nursery class?

stylo, my ideal no was 4, best if its 2b 2g. but as the age thing catch up and the kids are not kids like us, decide to just hve 2 but if we can afford, hve 3... else 2 is too lonely too. I came from a 3kids family and I had had a lot of fun growing up, though my family is not well-off and i need to help out a lot with the small family venture and household chores. 1 is definately out of the pic, while 2 is can do but...

pantone, my pcf is airconed! and cost only $107/mth. according to Tam, its the basic one. but in this pcf, we can add on the enrichment classes - only two at the moment, which is speech and drama in english and mandarin. Its cheaper then my son's current church-based kindergarten and pcf teaches more too.

Laundry - my bed sheet - once every fortnight. will wash mattress protector once in two months? depending on situation lah. like these days, it has been raining non-stop so I will try not to wash the mattress protector and quilt too often as its too difficult to dry. but I wash the quilt cover also once every fortnight.

Maldives
I've also been to Maldives. stayed at this Paradise Island i think, that was in 2001. The water is so clear and beautiful! dunno when can go back there again... this life time?

My mum is going to hochiminh to visit my sis who is working there. I also very giam to go and visit her... i can bring my two bigger ones with me but the not-yet 3 months old bb.... My maid said she can look after, its a trusted maid but still a maid leh... don't know if i can really trust her or not. will feel better if someone can pop in pop out to just see the bb. But my MIL not willing to stay around even though I stay with her. She told me to consider probably as my mum is not in town - that's precisely why i wanna go hcm, to join her and my sis mah... ok, some background, MIL always want to follow hb and us around. if we are going to genting, she will drag FIL to follow us and so on and so forth. when the 2nd one is very small, MIL will follow us and we have to dump the 2nd one to my mum. so she has not helped out at all but has enjoyed a lot. Anyway, now am thinking whether i should go bringing my 2 big ones and leaving the bb with the maid...

Gingerbelle, I hope your daughter gets better soon! very heartache to see the kids suffer like that. Your daughter has just joined a new childcare right? Have you checked if there's a number of sick children in the childcare? Keep her cool and hydrated and hope for speedy recovery for her!

Rona C
Guess the pcf here is over priced!

Gingerbelle
My son just recovered from stomach flu. Vomited 5-6 times within 1 day and fever at 39 degree! He so poor thing. Already so skinny plus no appetite for last few days. Now left bone only. He refused oral medication so no choice but to give me volren and vomit medicine through bkside.

Tam
Wow now you are a lecturer? Must have alot of job satisfaction!

gingerbelle
Hope ur gal gets beta ah...btw what's her name, don't tell me it's ginger..hehe (joking)
It's good to be off the aircon for a while lah... helps to breathe beta in natural air...

pantone
Welcome back here! You at new flat now??
How old is your boy?
How come his behaviour is like that ah?
Does he do these same activities everyday?

Maybe let him go for the 3hour class first... perhaps he wl be tired and then can take naps in the afternoons..hehe...
Some CCs may have some programmes which are cheaper than those done 'commercially'.

White hair - mine too..haha... think I need to colour it soon...

rona
I only thot of 2 but now, 3 is fun too lah...but no more, I cannot cope since I work and I cannot imagine staying home to look after them... 2009 is coming and imagine all the school fees, misc to pay for...

Personally I would feel not at ease to leave the bb with the maid... since this time ur mil won't be going with you, can you ask her to check on bb while you are away?

Once we went kl and mil asked hb how come never ask her along... er... we sorta ignored the question... hehe...

StyloBB
Yes. im at new place now. My boy is 3yr plus going to 4 next Jan.

He likes to do creative play. With water, tissue paper, sometimes strings. He is quite fickle minded but once decided on something its very difficult to make him change his mind. i have a big headache. he dont even take afternoon nap now. If he sleeps at 8pm then its a blessing. If not, he will sleep 11pm plus. Hardly can wake up for his 8.30am class.

Tam:

Had pmed u my order.

Singmum:

Congrats! I wanted to have twins 2, if possible "long feng tai" so no fuss abt wanting a girl or boy...kekeke

Ginger:
So sorry to hear that your kid's not well still.
You must be feeling drained. Edrick's much better now. But he's starting his playgroup next wk which I'm keeping my fingers cross hope he won't catch it there.

Stylo:
yeah, keep dreaming. by the time our kids can let us have some breathing space probably when we're 50? lol...

Rona:
yah, maldives a great place.

I guess my MIL's being a great help so I guess I'm lucky in that sense compared to what I heard and seen. She's the typical 24 hr mum to her family, willing to sacrifice...and compromise..so offset the -ve nagging problem...

If I can afford financially, I want to have 3 kids minimum too. It makes the family merrier with more members I supposed.

Pantone:
Sry I won't be of much help when comes to advice on PCF and enrichment classes coz not reach that stage with my bb yet..But seems the mommies here had been awesome when comes to advice.

Toilet Training:
When's the ideal time to start toilet training?
Is 18mths a bit too early?
Edrick's starting playgroup next wk and not sure is it good to start now coz major change in his routine. Or shld I wait?

Hi mommies,
I am so busy ! No time to read the posts ! Will write more over the weekend.

edrickelleon,
I have replied your email. Please check.

Pantone, how many children do you have? bring him out for some quality time and build good relationship with him. I went to shichida's talk and one of the thing they say is to keep telling your kids that you love them, simply because they are your kids. Just before your boy sleeps, tell him that he is a good boy and that he has to be obedient. don't know how this works or if its works, but think at the end of the day, your boy sounds like "eat soft don't eat hard" kind, maybe this may help. When it comes to things that he did wrong, you have to be firm. I do use the cane. Not that my kids are very obedient, but they are still controllable.

Toilet Training
Edrick, I tried to toilet train both my older ones at 18 months without much success. In the end, my boy was toilet-trained around 30 months. But accident occurs occasionally. my gal too, got toilet-trained only at 24 months. in a sense, they must be ready to be trained. You can try to train him for a few days to start and see if he is ready or not, no need to force, they have their own time.

erick
I feel toilet training at 18 mths is too early.. it may work for some kids, and not for others. I feel no point stressing them now leh... got plenty of time to train them...

rona
I love to tell my kids I love them and I love to hug them.. I realise it's sth my own parents never did, I guess it's their generation who was like that, more to bring bread and butter home first, then to consider kids' emotions.
I still don't use the cane on my kids.
Actually my gals ah, the moment I scold/raise my voice, they wanna cry liao... stimes they are a bit whinny and lately, one will snatch the other's thing.
Now I'm thinking of buying them some pressies, but I know even if they like different things, they will want what the other one is holding...

pantone
Are you a FTWM?

edrick
I think most of the mothers or mils were all v self sacrificial type ... prob. my mil thinks I'm a bad mom, macham not doing my job, or will paktor w/ hb. To them, their full attn was on their kids... anything else comes to be second (even their hbs.)

rona
I will never travel w/ my mil..hahaha... think whole day wl do nothing but answer her questions...

Hi Mommies

My gal is still having fever but at the lower end like 37.5. Have kept her out of childcare for 3 days already, still yet to recover. Very poor thing, yesterday she coughed till she vomited. Really really hope she gets well soon.

I also will not leave my kids with maid even with the singtel live cam, that's why my maid is at home and my kids at child care. My MIL and her sis is at my house these 3 days to help me with my kids. Luckily still have my MIL's help even though I'm not so chummy with her.

I also love to hug my kids. Now my son likes to hug me too. He will automatically come up to me to say he wants to give me a big hug every night at bed time and plant a big kiss on my face. It's really nice, and it is like the reciprocal kinda of thing, the result of me giving him big hugs and kisses since he was a baby and it makes me happy. Even me an adult love big hugs.

StyloBB
Her name is not ginger but belle..hehe..no lah no lah she is Amanda.

I miss holidays. It's been such a long time since I last travelled. Too troublesome to bring my gal. I'd rather wait till she turns 3. So still have 22 months to go before I will go on a holiday. My friend says I'm a lazy mum cos she took her kids on holiday since they were very little. Will reward myself with a big holiday when the day comes. Never been to Europe so thought of going to Spain.

HI mummies,

Its the start of holidays for my kids...they will be home all day, and bug my parents... ha ha...am sending them to some cc courses...keeps everyone sane...

Pantone- your son the only child? Mahybe he is lonely? school will help...

Saying "I Love You"- I make it a point to say everyday to my kids...i read somewhere about a mum who did not say much, until it was too late...so this is something I do, more of a reassurance for me, as well as for my kids...

I read this on another forum a few days ago, have posted it here...Its quite meaningful...enjoy reading!

CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE

If children live with criticism,

They learn to condemn.

If children live with hostility,

They learn to fight.

If children live with ridicule,

They learn to be shy.

If children live with shame,

They learn to feel guilty.

If children live with encouragement,

They learn confidence.

If children live with tolerance,

They learn to be patient.

If children live with praise,

They learn to appreciate.

If children live with acceptance,

They learn to love.

If children live with approval,

They learn to like themselves.

If children live with honesty,

They learn truthfulness.

If children live with security,

They learn to have faith in themselves & others.

If children live with friendliness,

They learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

~By Dorothy Law Nolte

edrickelleon,
OK will include your order.

gingerbelle,
Hope that your girl recover soon. Yes it is a lot easier to bring kids to travel when they are older. I have brought my kids to travel a few times, always very tiring.

Fairyprincess,
That is a lovely ! Thanks for sharing
happy.gif

styloBB,
Like you I have never used the cane on my kids. I scream at them when I am very angry. My girl will cry when I scream at her, she will go under the table and cry quietly. I just ignore her. My boy is not scared of me, but he is very scared of my hubby who is very strict with him.

My MIL is the modern type. She was a full time working mommy. She always thinks that kids should be raised by servants or maids, like her own kids. She actually told my mother that I should put my priority on my work !

Tamarind

My dad used to tell me I should put my priority on my work too (although he sort of gave up iiao after I'm home for such a long time)

He said once kids grown up, they will leave you to start their own family. Even if they are well to do, you don't achieve much, no savings to retire on & can't expect kids to support you. So it's better I think for myself & accumulate more savings for a comfortable retirement

For practical reasons, I agreed lah. But I do enjoy my time at home. I 'nua' lor, no ambitions
lol.gif

More importantly, don't think I want to revert to old time, dashing to work, dashing to IL's place to visit my dd1 who didn't even want me. Be a weekend parent since my hours were long. I felt helpless & unhappy then, no control over my baby's upbringing & rejected by her

sleepy,
It's not easy to be a full time working mommy if there is no one at home to look after the kids. My mother initially wanted me to put my baby in her house. But I persuaded her to come over to my house to stay instead.

I really cannot be like many other mommies, bringing their babies to grandparents place in the morning, then fetching them home in the evening. I cannot take this type of hardship. If my mother did not agree to stay with me, I would either not have any babies, or I will quit my job. My mother wants me to work, and have babies at the same time, so she has to help me
happy.gif

Hi mummies

gingerbelle
Hope Amanda is beta.
What is ur boy's name?
How old are ur kids

rona
Did u go berries today?
Hv u registered Arnold for next year's class? They increased their fees right??

tamarind
I will raise my voice. Just last nite, jesse took his bike and rammed into julien's feet, told him not to do it and he did it again, I raised my voice v loudly, he went 'ok, ok...' I said 'u said ok and yet u did it again.' loudly... he stopped after that... really sometimes ah.....

My thinking is not the same as urs, not all gramps will come to stay with us and vice versa. I don't think it's hardship, after all, they are in school half a day now, and then they are cared for by gramps, I guess it helps that for me, both sides live nearby. I really don't think I can stay at home full-time unless really it can't be helped...

sleepy
It's good that u enjoy staying home.. I think I wl end up a big nagger if I do that and my hb will be more stressed..haha...

fairyprincess
Good reminder.. but unfort. we are far from ideal and stimes forget...

stylo, yes i brought him to class but didn't bring him up and back, my hb did. I'm the driver today. huh??? increase price??? must call now and ask.

I think we shout at the kids more then the kids... especially me, my mum and now my maid is joining in, i mean shouting at the kids. they are getting very playful and the 30mth old gal is playing like a boy, going after the bro and is very rough...

stylo, just called. Joyce said to call me back after she does a detailed calculation. seems like there's a difference between paying by term and by year. Last year, to avoid paying the increased GST, we prepaid the whole year and paid only 5% GST. This year we got to pay for the full 7% GST. is this GST going to increase again? CAnnot take it leh...

Tamarind
I've PM you again this morning. Please include my vitamins order. Thanks!

styloBB, Tamarind
so nice to have your parents' help
happy.gif

my folks love their comfortable nest. Impossible to get them to uproot for me. So I have to move near them lor.
Even then, they treasure their golden retirement & didn't want the commitment to babysit full time. So returning to work is almost impossible for me. Unless I get a maid just to fetch my kids before the childcare closes.

I'm grateful my mom babysits for me occasionally when I need to run errands such as yesterday, dd1 & I spent almost a whole day at Popular feista while my mom babysits dd2

Popular feista
Saw many parents grabbing assessment books. Wow, seem like they know exactly what to buy.
Again, I see until my eyes got stars. So many to choose from!
worth making the trip though, at least 20% off all assessment books

Sleepy,
OK I have placed the orders for you
happy.gif
Previously someone emailed me the 8% discount code. But this time I did not have any discount code that can work
sad.gif

You and styloBB are right that not all grandparents are willing to stay over to help. My MIL does not want to stay with her daughters to help out. Her second daughter had to quit her high paying job to stay at home.

I am very grateful to my mother.

styloBB,
I just paid for my kids' Berries class next term. They will be in K1 and K2. Actually I thought Chloe doesn't need to go to K2 at Berries. I think Berries standard is very high, their K1 level is sufficient to prepare the child for P1.

A few days ago I met with Chloe's Chinese teacher at her PCF kindergarten. The teacher said that since Chloe has the ability to learn, then we should let her learn. I think the teacher has a valid point, so I decided to let Chloe continue.

I find that bringing 2 kids to one enrichment class a week is so tiring ! I cannot have a good rest during weekend. I know there are many working mommies who send their kids to a few enrichment classes on weekends, I really don't know how they can tahan.

I am think of starting music lessons for my kids next year, but don't know how to squeeze in the time.

rona,
Your kids are so adorable
happy.gif
Do the boys bully the baby sister ?

Chloe used to beat Jerome when he was a baby !

rona/tam
Yah I hv reserved the place for jesse for same timing next year. I'm glad he enjoys the class...

tam
Wah their idioms (cheng yu?) so cheem one, thkfully I can still read...hahaha...

Yes, u are right abt the bringing kids to class... I was looking at the schedule for the gals, I think the only time wl hv to be a weekday... think I only let them go a year later...

Yes, I guess I can feel at ease and go to work cos I hv my Ms (mum, mother, maid) help. Am tkful for their help, esp my mum, I mean, she is not young anymore yet every weekday she wl come over...

U mean u nearly wanted to pull Chloe off from Berries? I think it's good to let her continue.. cos it's good to be grounded in Mandarin and since they make the lessons so fun and interesting, let her attend...

Do u put Jerome on the ladybird reading series? I was laughing at my gals cos when I flipped the pages, they will recite what is there (they can't read lah, they just saying from memory! Think my mil or maid reads to them...)

rona
jesse used to bite the twins' toes and hit them too...!!! Now he is better, the other day chara was crying and he took tissue to wipe her tears w/o anyone telling him... but he is growing up and we need to pay attn to him by listening to him when he talks...

I think they only deduct $50 for one year.. I can't afford to pay straight one year... got so many things to pay these two months, gals' school is asking for Jan fees, and on Monday, wl be going to jesse's new school, wl hv to buy uniforms, etc... haiz....
Hb/I already said we need to go on austerity drive.
$50 does not go v far these days.....

sleepy
Did u buy a lot of books?

Back