ANY MALAY MUMS HERE?

naqia
my hb very hands on except for change diapers, penuh tong sampah dgn wet wipes, he says not sure how clean is clean. kalau malam memang he wil buat susu. when they go out just the two of them i ade risau sikit. so selalu my role is macam supervisor aje and make sure all my boy barang barang ade. but bile my hb travels, berpeluh peluh la i..hhaha

time i tak keje tu, i achieve knowledge of how lousy the syariah court is and sungguh tak efficient staff kat sane.. and also kite org pompuan mesti pandai.. tak bole depend on hb aje.. bile kena macam my mom very hard to fight tau, even after 30plus yrs of marriage.

hottiemama
wat's ur budget for caterin?

daec
it's ok...alot of mummies will read..cos ladies vely lenghty la...it's NORMAL...

*savings b4 quit*
for me i think before u quit, must relli budget a lot....any mummis wanna share wat the amt we should keep especilli if we r shopaholic?? du think $10k is enuff for 2 years???

ryatie22
hubby say tak leh exceed $400.. only finger foods and airlah, with table set up i think.. enuf tak??

*savings b4 quit*
ya save quite a bit beore quitting,, after tat gunung tinggi mane pun kalu everyday di gali sure jadi flatkan.. further more takde any source of income except hubby punye..
sure terpakai own savings.. lagi lagi bila nak bli your own stuff yang u idam idam and all..

oki 2 yrs 10k i think bole menjadi.. have to be very disciplined and determined.. tak leh senang tergugat ngan barang barang sale...

afternoon ladies~!!!

nora..
oh yes! im sooo looking forward to the reno...hehehe, even my hubby in fact but macam dia nak take over all the planning jerrr...ni tak bole jadi, lagi lagi if it involves MY kitchen....sooo excited!!

hottiemama..
i tak pernah take catering company but have been looking at some webbies jus in case nanti nak buat open house..and heres one wic i like so far lahh.. http://www.delihub.com.sg/index.php?lang=en

nora/smalldreams/ryatie
thnx for ur support ;)

nora
guess u have have diff plan but God plan u jaga ur parents. barakah jaga parents insya Allah

smalldreams
me work at Pasir Ris.dah puas jalan kat Pasir Ris hehe

hottiemama
so far had tried all this for my company function...so far so good..in terms of delivery will be better to tell them come at 1.5hrs earlier to b safe..usually for 100 above sum co. can quote at $3/head but must ask 4 quotation

http://iss-catering.com/tea.html
http://www.eatzcatering.com/menu-tea.html
http://www.delihub.com.sg/index.php?lang=en&CODE=menus&menu_type=menu_type2
http://www.bibik.com.sg/tea_reception.htm
http://www.fourseasons.com.sg/menus/menu_tea.html

have u all tried tis b4??
http://www.theshepherdspie.com/?gclid=CK-QuPv9nZQCFQH4egodRX2otQ
i tried the royal sherperd pie so delicious....

smalldreams,

what time does your son sleep? in my maiden trip out with the girls, it happened close to my daughter's bedtime. thankfully, by then, we trained her to sleep by 8pm or 9, the latest. so, i left after maghrib. all my husband had to do was to make sure she's safe til about 8+, then make her sleep.

it was a success.

anyway, now that she's off the breasts, i normally go have my girls' night out every 2-3 months and i dont have to worry about coming back early for her next feed. normally, i'll leave after maghrib and come back at 11 or 12. hehehe...

the timing is good because my husband doesnt have to do much. maybe you can try doing that?
i wont dare to leave my daughter with my husband during her mealtimes, though. my hub gives up too easily when it comes to feeding our girl. so if he's suppsed to feed her, she'll only eat about 2 little suap before both of them up.

savings before becoming a SAHM:
last year, i was a SAHM. i've been working for quite a few years and i'm such a workaholic, i hardly have time to spend my money. besides, then, i didnt know the joys of online shopping. (discovered it during my maternity.)

savings:
my savings was about 1 year's income, which, by the end of my one year stint as a SAHM, was relatively untouched. half my savings went into ivestments. and for luxuries, i spent the profits from my investments.

i gave tuition. that is my spending money. plus my husband gave me an allowance. but it's not a big amt. i'm not used to depending on him for money.

i think, i spent about $500-$800 a month. i think it can definitely be cut down because i can be a bit boros in my spending, especially when it comes to online sprees.

nora - yup. agree with daec. jaga your mum, besar pahala.

daec - admire you for being willing to quit. i simply dont have the guts to do that.

naddy/daec
Insya'Allah

ryatie
thanks eh.. i tak tau the shepard pie is halal. I go to spize or hawa for dinner at least twice a week, selalu jengok jengok aje tengok that shop kat atas.. hhahhah now i will panjat the tangga to try the shepard pie.

that time before i quit i have abt 6 mths pay simpan. but dulu i and hb aje, so i just spend on myself, senang nak control.. kalau ade kids and budak budak nak itu ini tak kasi macam tak sampai hati la..

naddy
$500-$800 a mth on yourself banyak tu!!

naddy
me thinkin to invest half my savings tho not much. can advise if there is minimum sum ? thnk I only have 6months savings. kena tolong parents so couldnt save much over the years

honestly I am terrified! I rasa takut mainly sebab not sure if finances will be ok. tapi kalau tak lompat, my lifestyle wont improve much. so cuba, tengok cam mana. savings shld be enuff for me to try out the work at home thingy. macam investment juga hehe

my girl same as urs. 9pm dah tidur tapi dia masih terbangun few times at time. dia nak peluk then ok. if leave with mum, can. leave with hubby cam tak boleh. so cant go out if only hubby at home. any suggestion how deal with that ? thx

Hello mummies, baru sehari dah panjang lebar thread ni. My home pc went kaput yesterday night due to viruses, I think, so I will have limited access to the net from now on. Tak tau who to call to help me fix my pc. Any contacts?

Lynzi, yeah go ahead and fix a date and I'll see whether I can join in. Causeway Point is not too far from home/ workplace.

Mamaliz, so exciting. It's gonna be over soon for you. And I love the reno part. My hubby pun sama. Dia sebenarnya yang banyak cakap for our 1st home reno. Almost everything is his say.

daec, one of my concerns when I decided to quit working in 06 was my boy. He was taken care of by my aunt and he was very close to my husband. I was too overwhelmed with work that I didn't have enough time for him. Especially in my line of work where we have to bring work home. Marking lah, buat worksheet la, lesson plan la. My boy was distant. And I was so sad. Everything nak papa dia. And then I got pregnant with my no 2 (everyone thought it was an accident but I actually planned for it) and that gave me a strong enough reason to resign.

When I was a SAHM, I just went out less and shopped even lesser. Thinking back, I wondered where I acquired the strength to actually not shop at all. Hehe.

mamaliz,
can try ideal house.
they did my house.
affordable plus good workmanship.
babylee did ask for qoutation but since she needed her house to be ready in a short time her mum got another reno co. to do it.
can always drop by my house to see their workmanship.

ok gerls, for gathering janganlah cakap suruh i plan date dia.
let's do it this way.
If interested to join in, indicate your nick, and whether u can do weekdays (which days?) or weekends?

JULY GATHERING
Venue: Breeks Causeway point/ Taka
1) lynzi- weekdays (Thurs/ Fri) & weekend (Sat)
2)
3)

Ok, here's mine.

JULY GATHERING
2) betty.bad - weekdays (after work)
3)

Nora/Smalldreams,
for the flea market, i prolly price my stuff cheap coz wanna let go all w/o bringing hoe stuff. Prolly $10 for jean/dresses in good condition, the rest prolly something like 3 for $5/7/8 so make pple buy more n clear more. $1/2 for CD/VCDs. Hard to get pple to buy. Last time my hubby leylong at $1 per pc, 1 person bought 50 items! towards the end is $0.50 per item. by that time abt 10pm.. Tiring tat time only me n my hubby but brought home little stuff back. I tot of sharing so can take turns to mann the stall n share cost.

Depending on how many person joining us, will divide $70 equally n the space is just a rectangle on the floor so depends on how much stuff we all got also.

I planning to leave Ayuni with my mum or aunt so can focus on it. Can start early but crowded ard 5-7pm like dat. Hopefully can sell off in a few hrs n not spend the whole day there.

Deac,
yup for SAHM or FTWM, responsibility is always hubby. money wise sensitive - tak cakap susah, cakap also susah. nowadays expectation high n standard of living also high so like dat most hubbies wanna cope also susah. Need to provide for own family n parents also by right. if tak abt upgrading himself also need money n conmmitment. unless hubby earn big bucks, need alot of adjustment from FTWM to SAHM. money management is impt but if u can also choose to be irresponsible eg. not paying bills but spend on cigerattes n others stuff n depend on parents. Maybe I get exposed to all the problems pple face but they take it very lightly or dunt see it as a problem - but i cannot. Especially if its like a vicious cycle.

I think you can manage be SAHM, pple will soon get used to the idea also. our families actually alot of SAHM pe.. hehe..
As for getting ur own time for going out, i also need it. My collegue suggested making fixed arrangement so that for eg, ur mum is taking care of Nada knows every Friday what time to what time is ur day. So like dat u still can get ur own time to do things. I tot of fixing 1 weekday after work to go gym to exercise. So i get my regular exercise without worrying abt child care

hope it helps...

savings:
-save 10% of take home pay in account w/o atm card
-accumulate until u have at least 3 mths (preferably 6 mths) of ur take home pay for emergencies (retrenched or while looking for another job) or buy big-ticket items (eg. refrigrator break down)
here the assumption is that the money is to maintain ur currently lifestyle temporarily only.
but SAHM is a lifestyle change so does not apply. so shd look at the cash flow instead of focusing saving.
there is a rough guide of how ur household money shd be spent percentage wise. esp if for long commitment like house n car. Petrol now is $2.2XX per litre... eeeee....tak jadi nak buy car.

styli,
yup true money must manage wisely.
about car, i can never do without one.
macam patah kaki.
so dats why my dh 2 or 3 times a week will top up petrol in jb.
lagipun my PIL has a house there so we often go down to jb.
if top up here can go bankrupt ler...

http://www.zemajeed.com/miniencyclopaedia.html
Teach Your Child Islaam At-Tawheed Series consists of 25 fully coloured books and is priced at USD185.00 (SGD280.00/RM625.00) only.

just checked - my friend's dad willing to sell at $160 for the Mini Encylopedia. Anyone interested pls PM me ur email n also where ur staying. Its $6.40 for 1 book, every worth it leh..

naddy

Thanks for yr tip. Will try once Adam is not so glued to me in the first place.

And you know, 1 year savings is definitely a LOT! I'm inspired by you now. My savings is pathetic, thanks to the nonsense I've been buying. Sighs... now I regret those purchases. My next credit card bill shall be the last of my large spendings - I just bought a new PC for my mom's place....more for my siblings' usage. One of those necessary things since the ol' PC was giving way anytime.

That's it, no more frivolous spending (except cheap sales in sprees)

*Lynzi*
me dah buy a 2nd hand jumperoo @ $90. Coz tot dd use for 2-3 months aje, then my no3 use for 4-5 months pas to dah nak scrap. So tak payah new one lah
happy.gif
Save $$ mak dia

*mummies update*
Lynn02: Thanks for updating!

*2005 babies*
Nor(Nabmum): Yes.. I agree ... mestil seronok dapat kumpul kan our children like a playgroup.

*SAHM vs FTWM*
Nor(Nabmum) & Yasmin08 definition.. compact and sensible macam slogan gitu. Cute lah.. buat I tersenyum..
happy.gif

Smalldreams: In France their working hours is about 35 hrs per week. That is what my hubby told me. But they have long vacation. About singapore only having human as its resources, I agree with you and just before I was just telling my hubby about the same thing.
happy.gif
Everything is about time. Here kat morocco. Bagi some, masa macam tak ada signicificance. Janji pukul 1 datang pukul 2 .. itu normal. Macam kalau ada majlis perkahwinan, kat invitation card tu letak pukul 9 malam, orang baru datang pukul 11 malam.

Naddy: I was teaching for 7 years before I quit after marriage to be a full time housewife and then SAHM. I have no support from anyone to look after my baby, because my family were all very far away. So kemana I pergi I bawak my baby naik turun bas even pergi postnatal massage, I bawak my baby. Sometimes I got very depressive and it was really hard to be the best mum at that state. I somtimes loose confidence of myself. Tapi, lama lama, kita jadi biasa.. nak harapkan hubby.. dia kerja memanjang. Jadi, I just hang on aje. Akhir kata to me, family support is very important. I believe we need sometime for ourself to be a healthy and sane mother.

*Swimming gear for muslimah*
Ryatie: Thanks for the info.. kembangan I tahu ada kedai gunting rambut muslimah, dekat dengan dr Aziz klinic kan?. Saiz nya macam mana pula?
Yalah mine also I bought around that price.. very x and tak practical sangat.

Lipswix: Thanks for the info too. will check that one out to when I will be there.

*baby stroller*
I baca baca in one posting kat sini.. ada stroller got stuck somewhere? Apa ceritanya tu?
Last time masa kat singapore dulu, I nampak combi stroller mana mana. Seems to be every mum's favourite. I bought one bawak balik kat sini.. someone fall over my combi stroller with my baby inside.. semua jatuh dan my combi stroller pun pecah. so I tukar ke Mc laren .. tapi I find mc laren bila lipat tak boleh berdiri.. leceh jugak nak bawak naik bas. Jadi I nak tanya mummies kat sini about stroller dengan baby car seat yang boleh masuk kat stroller sekali.Any recommendations and comment? I am looking for something practical and ringan for insyaAllah my newborn.

Hi kawan kawan!! ( step rancangan "krayon" ) hehe..
Kalau lah I tahu siang2 ada thread ni kan bagus. Boleh I enquire barang2 baby from you all instead coz all this while I beli brg from the thread "WTS".

Anybody sini ada nice nursing tops to sell tak? I prefer the one with the flip at the centre of the tops. Pls pm me eh..thanks!!

Anyone else?

zu, kau on aje kan?

Oh please vote for the venue too, whether in town or causeway point.

JULY GATHERING
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

Hi funkyd
it up to u nak update or not... takde pakasaan kat sini.. tapi klu update lagi bagus..
crazy.gif

styli,
pm-ed u..!!

Petrol
I tink now klu nak top up kat jb pun not really worth it.. mana dgn jamm lagi and is not very safe also.. my hb pun tak suka masuk jb. unless klu ada rumah kat sana lah... klu masuk jb setakat nak top up je, tak worth it. klu dulu full tank abt 80-90 now 100plus.. so ex kan..

for me i dont mind w car or not. cos spore public transport is safe and accessible which i tink. if hb not ard, i will travel with bb taking bus or train alone..

funky,
just update je.. tak yah tanye.. ekeke

*gathering,
would love to join, but bz la lately.. = /

yesterday,
baby fell from our bed, she threw up twice
send her to kkh, thank God nothing serious..

styl,
Can i pass u a bag to sell?
about 20+ clothes, will take pics for u to consider and pass to u. i just take a tiny commission can?
sorry , cant help out coz im busy babysitting
baby n nenek.. heh..

*styli*
fedup when I see like some hubby act like its wife responsiibility to help finances. heheh one thing good abt SAHM, kinda shift finances to hubby. sik baik my hubby let me try out this arrangement. even if I still have to contribute some $, would manage to get more time at home insya Allah.

our family banyak SAHM. but ah - I am getting some heat coz its a mixture of dun agree or dun say anything. sien kan ? Only my sis is ok, itu pun pasal dia sendiri feel guilty pasal want more times with kids. yeah some things I see I cannot accept. esp so when its a vicious cycle. tapi nak kata no kena marah haiz...

yup I going to fix e time as much as I can. my mum may move to JB tho. so confusing juga ah. dun want to depen on IL. they would say ok. tapi I dun want coz schedule dorang leceh pasal shift. last min may cancel. and gets too complicated if depend on IL. nanti jadi cerita lain. have to work out stuff.

*umloqman*
I also believe that we need some time to be sane and healthy mum. quite tough even here coz not all may be supportive of that. sometimes there is some stigma if u take time out for urself. like my sis take time out, get some bad comments juga coz less time for kids. kena buat bodoh tapi hurt juga lah dengar.

ermm janji 1pm but come at 2pm? 9pm but come 11pm? heheh sounds so normal to me for some people in SG of a certain bangsa. think this is a difference in the culture/kebiasaan. wonder if its inherent trait also ?? well its not true for all either. dah kena sampai serik. in SG, time is esp precious. at least my hubby, I boleh marah if he over sangat hehe.

lynn
Abt petrol my hubby still in and out to top up car petrol including his rokok.....but kalau tak jam baru lah dia masuk kalau tak pun.....insyaallah kalau dah dapat kunci umah kat JB baru senang sikit every weekend leh masuk...

Shopping
Since dah ada anak me berjimat2 kalau nak gi shopping kalau dulu leh lah buang duit je beli barang utk myself...now kids comes 1st....smlm pon hb baru ler 1st time belikan i perfume....happy sgt...hehehhe

danryan

wah.. ur family borong la tu chic px eh.
that time my nephew 2 mths kena sakit tu jugak kesian sekali tengok dia kat hospital nangis nangis.. lagi ur girl 13 days old.. At least now da over ah.

umloqmann
macam mane tu jemputan pukul 11 malam baru datang.. bile nak game!! Kalau macam gini nak pegi jemputan kena bersengkang mate la.

sally
u eh yg considering c-section for 2nd kid? so da decide?

nora
ye lah...my son punya class almost all the student kena....bb and my maid pon terbabit...now dah ok tak risau lagi coz i kena cara borong...tak takut lagi hehehehe

SallyCinnamon
Sempat u nak join us before ur EDD. Good luck! Kiter stand by for u just in case, k.

Lynzi
Good idea to exchange KarenKatz books. But then again, better not. Skali terconteng, habis!

JULY GATHERING
3) sally cinnamon - any day before 19July (prefer CPt)
4) babylee - weekdays (Thurs/Fri) - CPT
5)
6)
7)

JULY GATHERING
3) sally cinnamon - any day before 19July (prefer CPt)
4) babylee - weekdays (Thurs/Fri) - CPT
5)sharena - anyday before 20 july; aft that i prefer weekends (dah start keje) - CPT
6)
7)

JB
Dah malas nk masuk jb just cos of petrol. Dgr pasal bnyk robbery lagi turned off by the thought of gg to jb! They are still anti-s'porean lah i tink cos of hte petrol issue..

Tadi i went to chk out playgroup for farah. I did a trial class at White Lodge and didn't like it. Today we went to cherie hearts and we like it a lot!! Next week we'll attend a free 3day trial and then let her continue from there. She'll attend the 2.30-6.30 class 3x a week. They include kindermusik, Acts of Life (ext agency from kid's ctrl) and japanese class! They also hv mandarin classes...and the teachers are very motherly and patient (melayu kita). Farah will be the only malay student there..there are foreigners too but mainly chinese. Small class too!

sally,
wah...thats fast!
good luck gerl.
hopefully everything goes well.
which hosp will u be?
yelah...manalah tau kitorang nak visit...hehe...
if not pun visit u at hm jelah cos dekat pun...

lynn,
takde PM pon. slow eh?

Sorry to announce:
The mini encyclopedia is not $160. It should be $200 instead. Miscom with my friend.

umloqman,
yup hey all work lesser hrs. tat y their office hrs also shorter or half day only. My colleague just got back fromk her Euro trip, she didnt like paris at all - hot, crowded n dirty. I went in Sept so it was quite pleasant for me, not like wat sje describe. so ur hubby bahasa french must be quite good. sedap dengar their language..

lynzi,
u sebelah JB je. kalau tak pun, many still go for petrol. Is jam there bad all the time or tengok timing? For me, my relatives tinggal dekat dekat n worplace go also quite convienient. if have car might be convienience at cost of added stress jugak! ahah.. tot of getting a 2yr old car in time of my 2nd pregnancy tapi having 2nd tots too..

daec,
ur hubby willing to let u try shd be alrite. hmm.. ur mum moving but how often she coming back. In laws should be ok what, its still their grandchild too. For Ayuni, she tak kenal sangat my in laws but play with her aunt n nieces ok. Sometimes if too tired, we tak meet them over the weekend. U try let them jada Nada while u around a few times. Testing testing u be more passive or go out shop nearby for a while. Both Nada n them comfy n they confident then i think u can leave her a few hrs.

styli,
we always go in jb early morning...like 4 or 5am...hehe...
i dah so used having a car cos dari kecik my parents drive me around so bila got married pun i must have a car...
benda lain cut down takpe but car i must have...

hmmm.. maybe i shld join??

insyaallah.. mamaliz.. kate nak jumpe? inilah saat saat nyer... kekekkeke..

JULY GATHERING
3) babylee - weekdays (Thurs/Fri) - CPT
4) sharena - anyday before 20 july; aft that i prefer weekends (dah start keje) - CPT
5) watie - anyday except sunday & 26 & 27 july
6)
7)

oops...
sorri i lupa nak put down wen im free for the outing!! cuma ada cakap ngan lynzi jerrr....

here goes!!

JULY GATHERING
4) sharena - anyday before 20 july; aft that i prefer weekends (dah start keje) - CPT
5) watie - anyday except sunday & 26 & 27 july
6) mamaliz (liz)- 13/16/19 july<<= im free! cpt
7)

watie...
datang jgn tak datang....hehehe

JULY GATHERING
1) lynzi- weekdays (Thurs/ Fri) &amp; weekend (Sat)
5) watie - anyday except sunday &amp; 26 &amp; 27 july
6) mamaliz (liz)- 13/16/19 july<<= im free! cpt
7) Aryanti - any weekdays - causeway point

Sally Cinnamon,

Wow, dah dilate eh??! I've always wondered abt early dilation. Coz I didnt even know I was dilating earlier - tiba2 sampai hospital, dah 5 cm dilated.

Seems the woodlands gathering is quite happening eh! So eastern mummiessss??? :p

Sally,

Wow, the cut off weight for normal is 2.5kg. Always wonder, how some mommies with baby above 3.5kg going for normal delivery - takde epidural pulak tu!!
all e best for your delivery. It's the final countdown...

Sharena, how much is cherie hearts charging? I'm considering putting Amaar in too cos his afternoons are so free that he's tormenting my maid, sis , dad and mom!! My dad said that he's too active that playing with him only makes my dad breathless!!!! 3X a week is just nice, so every morning he goes for the muslim one and 3X a week in the afternoon go for the mixed one. If they have trial, will consider going!!

ok ladies,
after all the voting its decided.

sorry mamaliz, these are the 2 dates cos most of us can make it on these 2 dates.

JULY GATHERING
Confirmed Venue: Breeks Causeway Point
Date: 17 or 18 July (please choose 1)
Time: 12.30pm can? (those who wants certain timing please state)
1) lynzi
2) betty.bad
3) babylee
4) sharena
5) watie
6) aryanti
7) zu
8) mamaliz???

styli
dunno if my mum confirm. going tell her -dont.
IL - both working,timing leceh coz work shift. can anytime change. even want to meet up on weekends pun hard - must call, plan. hard to depend on them like dat. few times I have plans, had to change to meet them. had to drop plans I made that day itself as they kinda insisted.
if my mum, I can negotiate with her.

smalldreams
how abt the swimming outing that Naqia suggested ? think my ger cant sit still must have activity hehe.

sally
all the best! hope all turns out well for u insya Allah.

mademoiselle
heard of 3 mum natural birth > 4kg. entah macam mana they manage ?! one of em no cut, no epidural. other 2 I dunno coz tu time dulu, those babes are now age 20s.

sally
all the best.....hopefully semuanye ok...

Can't make it and join you all for the gathering although its very near to my home...coz bb baru 1 mth old and my both sons pon baru baik fr chic pox....so enjoy all of u....

mummies, got this sms from my aunt. so beautiful prayer. send it to u too
happy.gif

dear ALLAH, the ladies reading this are beautiful, classy &amp; strong.
Help them live her life to the fullest.
Pls promote them and cause them to excel above expectations. Help them shine in the darkest places and love where it is impossible to love
Ameen.

daec
naqia and smalldreams same person la..
anyway the doa above is very beautiful.. Amin

sally
good luck.. now u can compare which birth method is better.. what is the age gap bet no.1 and 2?

natural birth?
i pun know someone like dat! in this forum lagi. no epidural and baby pun quite big.
eh watie?
happy.gif

gathering, sape tu letak nama aku di atas. :p
okie, will try to go if can make it..
tak tau plak CPT ade Breeks. Da lama ku tak ke sana.

JULY GATHERING
Confirmed Venue: Breeks Causeway Point
Date: 17 or 18 July (please choose 1)
Time: 12.30pm can? (those who wants certain timing please state)
1) lynzi
2) betty.bad
3) babylee
4) sharena
5) watie
6) aryanti (both dates pun boleh but the timing can meet after 1pm?)
7) zu
8) mamaliz???

Back