Any good maid agency recommend?

Edd Aug. Should I start to source and get in say June - training etc. In case, need changes still can be done

Hi, I am looking for a Myanmar maid to take care of my mother. She will need to have experience in taking care of elderly, cook and do house hold chores. Some English understanding will be preferred.

Any recommendation for maid or maid agency will be great thanks. My email is [email protected]

Thanks.

In your case I think it is okay to get a maid. Since there is someone at home to monitor the maid.

I mentioned in another thread that we paid about $2.4k for commission, insurance premiums and work permit application fee. This was for a transfer maid.

For monthly salary, we are paying her about $500, plus another $60 to buy out 3 off-days. You should consider how much you would spend on feeding her, such as buying food from outside or buying food for her to cook. Also need to think about her transport costs when you bring her out with the family, plus cost of toiletries.
I have a maid whom I am helping to arrange a transfer for. Main reason is that my mom wants to quit to look after our #2 at home herself so there is no need for a maid anymore. No wish to send her back to PH since she has done quite alright for us since last August/September so we want to try and find her a good landing spot if possible.

Main duties to-date: (i) take care of babies (2 year old and 5 month old) when we bring them back from infant and child care centres, (ii) complete household chores during the day when no one is around, (iii) general assistance when we go out with the babies, and (iv) cooking for 2 year old baby. We do let her take care of our baby up to a maximum of three hours, i.e. just her and baby alone, from time to time.

Strengths: (i) quite hardworking, (ii) cares for our babies, (iii) able to follow vast majority of instructions, (iv) honest so far, (v) can understand English quite well.
Weaknesses: (i) needs reminding from time to time, (ii) responds better to instructions than taking own initiative

Please PM me if you are keen. We can share more and possibly work something out.

Hi, have pm u. I,m interested to find out more about your transfer maid. Please contact me at 94373284. Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm also looking for a transfer maid. Anyone has any good one to let go or transfer? If anyone has very good and reliable maid agency to refer, please PM me too.

Hi, I am looking for a Myanmar maid to take care of my mother. She will need to have experience in taking care of elderly, cook and do house hold chores. Some English understanding will be preferred.

Hi, I'm a working mum and so far had tried 4 different maid agency. The most recent one that I had from this agent Aileen is not bad. She is very patient listening to my request and now that I had got my helper for over 2 months, she is still whatappsing me to check if there is any issue with the helper. Her contact is 94594545

I am looking for a reliable and good helper to take care of my dementia mother and my 2 kids. The morning the kids are in school so she can do her housework and take care of my mother needs. If you have any good recommendation please email me.

Hi, has anyone tried Innova resource maid agency before? They have 2 branches, located at Bukit Timah and Hougang green

Please avoid CMS Maid Agency.

According to the owner of the agency, it is a relatively new agency.

At first, the agent sounds and seems sincere. Pro-active in finding us a maid and even went one step further to lend us a transferred maid to test if the maid is suitable for us. The transferred maid has attitude problem and further counselling from the agent, there were no changes on the part of the maid. Hence, the agent came and lend us another transferred maid again to try out.

Looking at how helpful and proactive the agent was, we decide to sign up with her and paid for the agent fee. The 2nd transferred maid was slightly better though still require counselling from the agent. We applied for the maid work permit and paid the agency the full loan amount, administration fee, insurance, etc.

This is when it all begins. The maid was still giving us attitude issues. We call the agent, no help was given. The maid stole from us. We called the agent, still no help. Promise to come over to help counsel. Did not turn up. Call her handphone, she hung us up. Called her office. She is always not in and only her staff are answering the phone.

One thing i can conclude. The agent just wants your business and $$. When problem arise, they shun away. Avoid you, avoid your calls and just leave her staff who can't make any deision to entertain you.

We have since returned the maid to the agency and are still facing issues with the agency in getting the refund back. They are trying to delay paying us the maid loan, etc as long as the maid is not transferred out. Worse of all, her maid stole from us and yet they still want to transfer such dishonest maid to another family. This is so unethical.

Hello SG moms! I have just read that most employers considered getting a good maid just a matter of luck. But it's also important that maids get good employers because the job is not easy and the pay may not be sufficient enough for her family's needs. Treat them well and they will serve you well. Trust them and they will respect you. Mutualism as they say. Golden rule.

For those who are looking for a reliable, fast learner, trustworthy maid that you can treat as a family, you might want to consider me. My last job was in Saudi Arabia (2014-2016) and I worked there as a household service worker, english tutor and part time designer of my host family. I have been to SG twice (january-february) on a social visit pass volunteering at MINDS Clementi TDC whenever possible. I cannot tell directly whether I was good or not but my previous host family insisted for me to stay, or come back if ever I will change my mind. Problem is, I dont want to go back to Saudi Arabia anymore no matter how great my host family have been. I can give reference info of my previous employer, I also have Singaporean friends at MINDS and you can ask them about me. If possible I would want to take care of children besides the house chores as I love kids in every way and they can definitely relieve stress. But I can also take care of elderly or people with special needs as it gives the job a better purpose.

You can reach me @ 9042 4822 (sms-roaming), +63 995 444 6697 (PH number) or email [email protected]

I'm currently planning to do another visit this May to volunteer at MINDS so maybe we can set a personal interview, build rapport, and agree on something.

Any recommendation for maid or maid agency will be great thanks. My email is [email protected]

Thanks.
Hi have you found a maid yet ? I have a Friend who owns a a maid agency :) if you are still looking for one .. I can give you his details :) a nice man who is honest ... and always willing to help out if you need help with The Maid .

Hi all, I'm looking for an Indonesian transfer maid who can start in July. Main duties is to look after my newborn twins. Please pm me if you have contacts, thank you.

Hi all, a good maid agency I'd strongly recommend is Trust Manpower Resource. I've hired an Indonesian maid from the agency a year ago after recommendation from my cousin to take care of my children. The maid can speak excellent conversational English and my daughter really like her. The boss, Fabian Ong, has a lot of experience in this industry and he is very humorous and patient. He also helped me to personally interview the maid and make multiple long distance calls at no charge to ensure that the maid matches my requirements.

I've seen his company mentioned in other forums with excellent reviews. If you want a good maid and an excellent agent, do check out the company @65341488

Hi, I have an existing agency package with Advanced Link. I've gotten 3 of my maids from them since 2012 - 2 finished their contracts & 1 is currently with us. We had wanted to get a new maid to help take care of my baby, but we realized the additional maid didn't really have much to do as my in-laws are very active carers. So we decided to send the maid back to the agency instead, but realized the agency fee is non-refundable and only the loan can be refunded.
The standard package is $1,888 but I am willing to let go at $1,288, still has another 11 months of free replacement. Please email me at [email protected] if you are keen.

Helper just came in 2 days ago. Now want to call back home indo. How to go about it? Buy calling card or wat??? Cost who bear??

For my helper, I bought an IP calling card myself and keyed in the code for calling from home phone. I do it as part of goodwill and welfare. It's a lot cheaper than using handphone.

However my first helper abused our goodwill and sat there chit chat for nearly an hour. With this experience, we restrict the new helper call to 10mins.

The first helper was sent back to agency for other reasons and we are glad that we did it as we found our stuff in her cupboard while packing her bags.

okay.. i intend to get idd card and use house phone to call. think is around 10bucks. gesture goodwill to inform her home. moving forward, she have to pay and buy using own money liao. reasonable right? also noted on the dishonest part. good to discover soon

Im so lucky to find a good (so far) helper through direct hire from the FB group : sg transfer maid. Its better for both of us since we dont need to pay agency fee :) the process is quite simple, just follow Mom's instructions from their website.

Hi, what are your expectations for the transfer maid? Housework, looking after kids, elderly etc?

I intend to let my Filippino maid go in June as my previous helper wants to return. Her contract ends in March 2017.
She's quite gd in housework and currently helping my mum to look after my 3 yo child.
However, the most she's been left alone with my child is about 4-5 hrs. Cooking wise only chinese soup, porridge/rice for kids with steamed dishes, simple stir fried dishes. She only cooks for children on weekends.

Hi can pm me on the details too? I'm expecting my newborn in late March or early April and am looking for a maid to help out mainly with taking care of my newborn and housechores. Thanks!

Antyone has ex Taiwan maid for transfer or know any agency who has such maid ?
Cook well ,speak Chinese n take care of elderly
Tia

Hi can pm me on the details too? I'm expecting my newborn in late March or early April and am looking for a maid to help out mainly with taking care of my newborn and housechores. Thanks!

Hi, i'm sorry but i sent my maid back on April 2016. I'm glad I did not recommend her to anyone as towards the end she created a lot of problems.

Antyone has ex Taiwan maid for transfer or know any agency who has such maid ?
Cook well ,speak Chinese n take care of elderly
Tia
You can try Universal (I think at lucky plaza level 3) and got a helper from them. Look for Amber she is very friendly and helpful, she helped me to find my 1st helper. You can call Amber at 6735 3456. My M-I-L current helper is from Universal and is very good and so she told me die die =) must go to Universal to hire my 1st helper to look after my youngest one, so far so good. Their salary can be nego too as long both you and the helper agree. Hopes it helps =) This their website, www.universal.sg

Hi, do you all send your maid for hepatitis ABC test before accept her?'this is an optional test requires by employer when they are here in singapore for their pre employment basic checkup

Hi, do you all send your maid for hepatitis ABC test before accept her?'this is an optional test requires by employer when they are here in singapore for their pre employment basic checkup
Yes, i send my helper to do Hep A B C before i accept her to join our family as i have a 4 yrs old gal. To play safe

I went to Far East Shopping Centre one of the maid agency. Just newly operate and i try it out. So far the agency is manage by 2 mothers and so they will understand us better. I can pm you the contact.

Hi Mama Joanne, how has your helper been so far? Can PM the agency name and contact to me too? I am urgently looking for one :( Thanx!

Was browsing the net when I chanced across this website.

I know like to recommend a maid from best maid(best maid.com.sg id: I3358).

she was with me from (2014-2015). I had 3 kids(9,10,11) and a granny (80yrs old, since passed on in 2015).

I was extremely happy with her. She spoke English and always patiently fed my granny (not easy granny as with all old plp, gets even on my nerves)in her last senile years. :( Somehow, I am not sure why, but she was the only one granny recognised and laughed with.

She always did her chores (I m not a easy boss, I have a whole list of stuff for her vto do), nv once she complained. I was appreciated when she told one time she couldn't do all as taking care of ah ma. So apologetic I felt sorry.

My kids love her to bits, always piggy back her. I guess also she is younger , abt 30, and speaks English so no communication barrier.

Lots of geninue care from her and we love her to bits. Unfortunately, my granny died , kids grown up, so I had to release her.

Great maid!! Only downside for me is , I think she is shy when talking to me and my wife, not sure why. Not an issue for me, as long my kids n granny (ex granny)loves her.

Wall of text, oops.

Last edited:
hello ladies! does anyone know of any live out transfer maid who's looking for a new employer? Sadly my place is too small to have a live in unless she can miraculously create a space for herself! haha.. thanks in advance!

1. We need to hire a helper to help an elderly.

2. Original plan was to hire a Myanmar domestic help and after reading hundreds of postings, I realised that while the actual maid that we get is beyond our control, but going to a responsible and reliable agency is within our control.

3. Have compiled a rating of various Myanmar helper agencies here and the findings is not conclusive.
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/advice-on-myanmar-maid.3981/page-20

4. Am currently considering Indo domestic helper as language would be lesser of an issue compared with one from Myanmar.

5. I would like to do the survey within this thread instead.

6. For those who have good or bad experiences with agenc(ies) in general, please reply this message with these 2 piece of information
(1) Name of Agency
(2) Provider of which Nationalit(ies): Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, etc.
(3) Your rating between -10 to 10 (where -10 is an agency that is the worst possible, while 10 is the best possible)

We need to hire this helper within the next couple of weeks and your responses would help me narrow down to the top 3 agencies to talk to. Thank-you in advance. Namaste.

PS: For the extreme rating of -10, it is where both the agency is from hell, and the helpers that they have are also from hell, and the other extreme rating of 10 is where the agency is very helpful and select/screen it's helper with max care and their helpers are the best that you have experienced. 0 would be neutral and is acceptable. And yes, an Agency can have multiple ratings from one person, this is when the quality of helpers vary.

Got my indo helper from far east shopping centre too. Main priority is to take care of my 2 son, do some general housework and some light cooking for them. Had some problems with the maid initially, but agency managed to solved it. pretty good after sales service.
Good maids are hard to find nowadays, so i prefer hiring those without exp, teach them everything from the start. they tend to be more obedient also. But we must treat them right also la, treat them like friend or family. esp if they are taking care of elderly and children.

Got my indo helper from far east shopping centre too. Main priority is to take care of my 2 son, do some general housework and some light cooking for them. Had some problems with the maid initially, but agency managed to solved it. pretty good after sales service.
Good maids are hard to find nowadays, so i prefer hiring those without exp, teach them everything from the start. they tend to be more obedient also. But we must treat them right also la, treat them like friend or family. esp if they are taking care of elderly and children.

What's the name of the agency from Far East Shopping Centre?

Don't ever hire maid from Super Employment at Far East Shopping Centre! The service is horrible! All they want is your first time agency fee but the after sales service is basically none!!

Dear all
Found SINCERE, MORALLY UPRIGHT responsible to both maids and employers maid agent. Seeks to understand ur needs first before recommending available maids to u. Protective of tgeir maids, Even takes care of maid well being AFTER placement with you. Very kind n no nonsense owner, experience it yourself!!! Small agent in Katong Shopping Centre ,offering christmas promo now 1/2 price agent fee. PEACE MAID 64470298 MARILEE....... say referred by SueAnne.

Back