Any comments on Dr Paul Tseng regarding total amount spent?

jinamich

Hi,

This's my first time pregnancy. Understand from the forum that Dr Paul Tseng is not offering package now. Can anyone advice me on the amount spent to see Dr Paul Tseng from the beginning of pregnancy till delivery?

Thank you
happy.gif

first consultation is like $70 - $100 than subsequent will $50 plus if got scanning will be $30.. so each consultation might not be more than 80 w/o medicine.. normally medicine quite ok oso.. some not more than $20, he normally will give more than a month supply or even three month supply at one go.. so on average every checkup with him dun exceed $100.. normally $80++ inclusive of gst.. as for his delivery charges is $1275 to be given upon week 32.. hope this clarify ur queries..

Hi,

Ccongrates!

My bb is due mid May 2009, I am seeing Dr Tseng since my 2nd birth, currently 3rd.

This is how I save $, no scan unless really needed, no prescription, buy outside (cheaper)..just ask what suppliment is required during different stage..

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi

I was seeing Dr Tseng as well. Just delivered in Jan. His pricing isn't expensive as compared to others. If needed, then scan, which my hubby prefers. He doesn't prescribe vitamins, we buy our own. I'm OK with it cos I do take my own vitamins. I seldom take from doctors.

Hi,

I'm bunny's hubby. I think Dr. Paul doesn't really need a package. He doesn't scan unless it is required. He only measured my wife tummy during each visit.

And in fact, scanning was always requested by my wife, not me. And to be frank, for the entire journey, I think he scanned less than 5 times. As for supplements, I bought whatever my wife needed it.

Lastly, the only thing we really paid was the day he helped to deliver the baby. Nothing more nothing less.

dr paul tseng is my gynae for the past 9 yrs - he has good and carng nurses but he don't usually talk much -i find his packages more cost saving but since dun have - must know like waht other mummies to save money - like don't go for scans if unecessary and du take vitamins if u have o/side ones--but he is supportive and no matter what a good and assuring looking doctor is all u need at least to see each month
happy.gif
he will be delivering me soon also....

Hi,

For those whose bbs are delivered by Dr Paul Tseng, may I know for natural birth and csection, how many days did you stayed in hospital?

Is he always late (past 12noon) during most ward visits ? I've heard from a fren who has just gv birth 3mths ago said he was late for 2times when she cldn't chk out on time and hence incurrred unnecessarily cost.

Also, for those who has gone thru csection wif Dr Paul Tseng, is he skilful and pro? Does your wound heals fast w/o complications?

I've 2 previous csections and now expecting #3. Changed to Dr Paul Tseng cos he is not pushy and domineering. He gives options and his fee is not on the high end. My old gyn was from RH.

hi memoryscrap,
I had my 1st child delivered by Paul Tseng. He does his rounds in the early morning daily rounds around 8-ish.

As for checking out, I guess he is very busy ~ he came in after 12.30 to approve of my discharge. It was a monday and hubby went to look for him at the clinic. His clinic was v packed.

What we did was, we went to the nurses at the front counter of our ward and asked if we will be incurring another day's charge. They assured me that won't happen and told me to enjoy my served lunch first. So all turned out fine for me.

Oh yeah, I had a natural birth w/o epi and stayed there from Sat-Mon.

What I like abt this doctor is ~ he is au naturale and doesn't advise inducing unless necessary. Too many gynaes out there always take the easy way out.

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

Has enter 12 weeks. I scan at every visit so far. I guess mine may be due to some spotting and the previous one has fresh blood so scan every visit.

Dr Paul asked me whether I need multi-vitamins and I gladly accept it. I don't know what's necessary or not necessary to take. I'm a vegetarian(not strict) and my in-law don't cook dinner. So during lunch, I'll take as much variety of vegetables as I can but outside food at night is really terrible. I don't have much variety. I guess I've to count my vitamins intake per day and decide whether to take a pill of multi-vitamins or not at night.

I had checked out the multi-vitamins price at pharmacy and it costs more than a $1 as compared to Dr Paul's.

Wow... $1275 to be given upon week 32... I think mine's abit expensive coz I've visited him for quite a number of times and each cost about $100, some about $80. Then there was once, fresh blood came again and we did an insertion scan and a test(by another doctor in the same clinic). This cost another $100+. Found out I have polyp(extra thin skin grown at cervix area) and not common among pregnant ladies. Understanding that this is abnormalities and it'll be flush out together when delivery, we accept it without fear. The test result was I have bacteria infection inside. Then I was a given Diflucan tablet to counter it. This tablet cost another $25 more.

Understand from others that their package cost eg. $1600 then this $1275 plus the previous visits will be ... ...

Oh... complication is expensive!

But let me clarify my case further... both my hubby and I were too worried in the first place. When we see blood and brownish patches of stain, we're totally at a lost. We even call the KK "Ask the nurse" hotline which cost us a few dollars. The stupid part was the nurse told us that I couldn't be pregnant at that time after asking last menstruation date, expected 1st day of menstruation. Then we went to SGH which cost us about $80-90+ and we spent many hours there till near morning from 2300hrs+ with waiting here and there.

Then the next early morning, we went to see Dr Paul. He told us that many pregnant ladies get spotting and I'm one of them so need not worry. On the other hand, best to let nature take its course. After a night's struggle and listening to him, we felt what he said make sense to us. So we didn't ask much questions each visit. We enjoy watching the baby's movement and growth at each scan. We always look forward to it. First bb so we're more curious!

I think Dr Tseng's charges are reasonable as long as you dun have as many test as me... :p I went to see him as I was spotting and wanted to noe if I had risk of miscarriage. Btw, my conclusion after seeing him the first time is that he is re-assuring and professional. However, he is a honest doc who dun mince his words. Well btr than a doc who beats ard the bush eh?
happy.gif

Nevertheless, he is super pro-natural. I did not discuss a birth plan with him and all turned out well!
happy.gif

Hi all,

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and have just booked an appointment with Dr. Paul Tseng. Tried to get him for my 1st child but he was fully booked. I went with his colleague Phyllis Liauw who was very good throughout the consultation but went very badly during my delivery. Very bad experience.

Anyway, when I called the TLC clinic today, I asked the nurse about the consultation fees, and was told that consultation fee is between $100-$150, and others (scan, etc) will be around $70. It's very different from what was stated by some of you here. :-(

I also want to ask if anyone knows if he still delivers at Mt. A? Am considering waterbirth there.

Thanks!

hi all,

i just gave birth last year. was seeing dr Paul all the way. i like him as his very reassuring. but didn't manage to get him to deliver for me as my gal was too excited and came out during the week that Dr Paul was away. Dr Phyllis delivered for me. experience with her was ok.

OMG, they have increased so much since last year!!!but he's good. so it's still worth it i guess.

Hi Rayna, I think your experience with her was ok because your baby was excited to come out. My baby wasn't ready, but was rushed out by her.

I hope my baby delivers when Dr.Paul is around. The only reason I picked him was because of his patience that I heard almost everywhere by almost everyone delivered by him. But I was also told by some experienced mothers that popular doctors always rush because they are busy. They would deliver you as fast as possible to ensure they don't lose their customers waiting at their clinics.

I hope this isn't true for Dr. Paul.

Hi Rayna, I have the same experience as you... my gynae was Dr Paul and during delivery, he was away. Dr Chua was the one I ask for during delivery. She is good.
happy.gif

I enjoyed being his patient as he is very assuring and pro natural.

However , some new parents may not like Dr Paul, cos he don volunteer information unless you ask. I have no problem as I read a lot on this forum and gather questions to ask him. He will answer my questions professionally.
happy.gif

Mamaagain,
Dr Paul delivers at Mt A and TMC.
happy.gif
My ger was delivered on a weekend - Sunday. I do not know what is meant by "rushing". He was around during my whole pushing process and he delivered and tied the umbilical cord for my dotter and sew for me as I teared naturally.

He congrat me and my hb (said some nice things abt how cute the bb was) and apologised tat he had to leave for Mt A as another patient who is a fellow mother in the same thread as me was delivering. I was ok with that. Not too sure wat other gynae will do thou as this is my first delivery.
happy.gif

Agree with yiyi123 tat he does not offer information. The other 2 gynaes I visited are also the same. And I am grateful tat Dr Tseng answers professionally and tat gives me better assurance.
happy.gif

Hi,
My colleague had her 2 sons delivered by Dr Paul. Not sure if he is good but my colleague sticks to him since he delivered her first born.

Scan only when requires?? I am not too comfortable with this approach since it is through scanning that we can see how our bb is doing. Especially if the umbilical cord is not coiling around the baby neck etc... My gynae also took the opportunity to measure the thickness of the bb neck to confirm that she is a normal bb with no downs.

I has a 5 year old cousin, like put his hand on the mouth suck grant, become a habit, how to change her habit?
Any toys age for 2 children play?

@Skiasia thanks .
May I know normal how much would cost for each time visit?
are you visiting him now?

any mummies who did vbac by dr. Paul Tseng, mind to share experience.
thanks.

Last edited:
Hi honeydonut,
I am not visiting him.but my gynae is the same clinic as him. :)
there are 3 doctors in the clinic

Back