Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

Athen,

WAH!!! ur son so daring ah, beat one of the teacher, den how? U punish him ah?
If punish him, like very kelian leh, if dun punish him, he will become more daring! Contradicting leh!

Whoplay the role of good & bad guy at home? Think usually dad will be the good guy while mum will be the bad guy, rite?

ic, thanks for the info
happy.gif

Angeline,

I din punish him as he did not do it in front of me. If I punish him when I go back, he would have forgotten what he did. I think he should be punished right on the spot so that he knows what he did is wrong. The teacher punished him by making him sit on the chair. But he refuses.

Our practice is if he did anything wrong, either myself or my hubby will punish him. The other party is not suppose to side him. If one good guy & one bad guy, there will be double standard liao. I also let my parents know that if we are punishing him, they are not to intervene. This is our policy.

Must let kids know what is right & what is wrong from young. If not, they will become rascals. Apparently, my boy understands what we are talking about. When I scold him, he will act blur & don look at me.

Athen,

Ic. Yup, must allow teacher to punish too them, else they become "xiao ba wang"

Ya lor, must tell parents/ in-laws not to interfere when parents are punishing the children!

Angeline

i sign up the antenatal class at 16 weeks....but lessons start when i'm abt 20 wks. classes conducted by mrs wong very fast full, so i just call to book.

Sandra
depends on the bb position. i have fren last abt 20-30 mins but mine last abt 45 min cos when the sonographer try to scan my bb face feature for us to see, my bb falls asleep and cover the left side of his face with his hand. so sonographer try to use the scan stick to rub on my tummy to disturb bb so he can shift position. hehe.....the last scan show my bb kicking me real hard...think prob angry tat he kana disturb.
enjoy ur scan....very fun!

more info on FBI
http://www.thomsonmedical.com/web-poster2.html

Angeline,

Now then I know that going thru 9 mths preg is no big problem. The problem is after birth is a headache. Such as :

from birth to 6 mths : breastfeeding, lack of sleep, trying to resolve difference with parents or in laws, keep him entertained.

6 mths onwards : How to introduce solid, what to cook for him, how to prevent him from misbehaving, trying to resolve difference with parents or in laws, Keep him entertained.......

Sigh. Parents are very wei da. Must be filial to our parents.

Harlo everyone!
Long time no "see"...
happy.gif

Happy & Prosperous Chinese New Year for you all!!

I'm going back Msia for CNY celebration liao. Kekeke!

Hi Angeline,

Sorry for the late reply as I was busy for the past weeks. I was in my 15weeks when Dr Adrian could tell me the gender of my bb. But I see the scan monitor and the image was very blur so I wonder how he knows. Maybe he seen a lot so he will know haha..

Athen,

Sorry for my late reply, today just return to work.

Ya, i agreeded! I keep wondering how to take care of the baby when it pop out har, very scare cant handle him leh!
sad.gif
I wanted very much to BF but very scare no milk, den how??!! Stress sia!

Calista,

Its okie, everyone busy with CNY!
happy.gif

Ya lor, the image so blurr & yethe can tell me its a boy! Seems like got to wait & see lor
happy.gif

May I know how accurate is Dr Adrian at predicting gender of bb for 2nd time MTBs? Is it accurate at wk 16 or much later?

hi sandra,

me just seen dr adrian. he also ask me if i want to know the sex of my baby. my heart was pounding so fast when he told me he is 90% sure. Then he told me its a boy. i was kind of disappointed. i wanted a girl so much.
sad.gif

i am in my 13 weeks. he says he will confirm in two weeks time.

zhuzhu, i also want to know how accurate he is. i ask his nurse, she told me he seldom is wrong...

MTBs,

Anyone joined the FBI program, can share more?
What kind of benefits do we enjoy if we sign up?

Thank you.

Angeline,

I joined FBI prog. I think the benefits varies every now & then. U can call up TMC to check. I got the 3 books written by Mrs Wong free & $50 Discount on cord blood storage annual fee for 9 years. The rest I can't remember.

Athen,

Okie, i will call & check.

Will u be storing the cord blood?
Wonder if its really useful to store & heard its pretty expensive!

Angeline,

Cord blood can only be collected & stored at the point of delivery.

I've stored cord blood. It costs $1200 plus (can't remember the actual amount) for initial processing fee & $200 (after discount before GST) every year for storage fee. I treat it as buying insurance lor. U will never know what will happen.

I've read some -ve comments on cord blood storage in this forum. U may want to have a look. U may want to do your own research b4 making decision. U can check with Dr Adrian. He did not comment on anything the last time.

hi
I just found out im pregnant last fri and planning to see a gynae this week or next week. Can I check with you, how is Dr adrian? Is he the detailed, confident type and very cautious? Or is he too busy to talk to you? And also, what about his stitching skills also? Is he pre-natural without epi and assistance also?

Coz it's my first pregnancy so abit worried. And also been having abit of cramps last week and having this bad cough... havent seen any gynae yet and wish to settle on one.. appreciate your advice.. thanks!!

Sandra

u need to pay for the FBI program. think i paid ard 120 at week 12. if i not wrong, at diff stages of pregnancy got diff price one le....u can check it out at the FBI counter next to delifrance at TMC.
happy.gif
I have other fren who pay less than 100 cos they sign up during promotion with citibank

hi roxyz

congrats to you!

Personally i found him assurance and gentle no doubt he speak quite fast but you can list down your queries and pass it to him and he will be able to answer one by one to you.

For stiching skill, i found it is good as mine is a C-section.

Thanks IC. Tink tmr i shall list a long list of questions fort him.. heee He didnt encourage you to go for natural birth?

Sorry wat is the FBI program? Thanks!

hi all,this is my 1st preg...
i just went for my 1st visit to Dr Adrian last night
happy.gif
He did a scan for me and saw a small black dot in the waterbag ...so exciting & relieved
happy.gif

Signed up the package with him too cos hb thinks its very worth it...
Next appt is 2 weeks time to hear heart beat
happy.gif

can i ask u all ah, did he give u all hormone pills during 1st trimester? thanks for answering
happy.gif

hi roxyz

i didn't go go natural birth cos my water bag leak at 34wk and i don't want to end up emergemcy c-section after trying natural birth. i chose for c-section.

FBI - First Born Incentive. visit below link for more information. http://www.thomsonmedical.com/web-poster2.html

hi eunice

i was given hormone pills cos i got cramp and blood stain.

Hi Eunice,

I was also given hormone pills as I got spotting for the whole of 1st trimester. Do u have spotting problem also?

Hi mummies who gone thru C-sect,

Do u have any itch at your wound area if you are wearing pants or underwears (esp low cut underwear) that is a bit tight?

hi athlen

i go through c-section at sept 05. i don't hv this problem but i don't wear low cut underwear.maybe you can check dr adrian.

Thanks IC
I was also given hormonal pills by Dr Adrian coz I had cramps...

Shall go and read more on the FBI

Hi eunice
I just saw Dr Adrian on sat also.. also saw a super tiny black hole only and he also prescribed pills for me as I had cramps. When is ur EDD? Tink mine is 1st Nov based on the scan info...

hi all, i'm back..phew! delivered my girl on 17 jan and was so busy durung the last mth. Dr Adrian is really a steady and good gynae. only that he didnt show us the placenta
sad.gif

but he allowed my hubby to video the baby immediately when she's out. believe me, u mus really get your hubby to video this coz it's so touching. u wuldnt want to miss this precious moment.
Adrian is also v responsible. he made sure everything inside is pressed out. he spent a lot of time pressing my tummy and was quite good when sewing up the epis wound.

I strongly advise to take up FBI. I paid 100 plus for it and got more than $300 discount overall. for my delivery package, ward, gynae, baby's fee, paediatrician's fee, pump purchase at TMC ParentCraft, antenatal class, etc. for those who did their detailed scan and blood test, also got disc.

I'm so excited at being a new mother. Everyday is a new experience and challenge for me. Baby behaves and reacts differently everyday. For the past mth, she merely had a bit of smile here and there which i underst is not really a smile, just some facial muscle move. But Yesterday, she smile so happily to me! I was exhilarated. It happened when i greeted her cheerfully when she woke up and i told her to be patient and that i'm going to give her milk soon. then, she smiled!

One thing for sure, pls get a breastfeeding pillow or sarong if u wanna be on TBF.

And,pls remember to seek proper advise on BF before discharging from the hospital. My baby refuse to latch on the very first time, even when the nurse actually made me wait 7 hrs after delivery b4 bringing her to me. the nurse didnt even offer to help me and she just carried my baby away. luckily, Mrs Wong dropped by that day and immediately she tried to help my baby latch on. Miraculously, we succeeded. and from then on, baby latch on. but whenever i had prob, she helped again. and I make sure the other nurses , eps those on night shift help me when i have problem. so,pls demand them to help u, else u will go home feeling frustrated and give up TBF.

btw, Zhuzhu, hope your MS is better now?

Hi Perle,
I'm currently now in my week 18++, still a long way to go where you are now. Congrats on your baby girl. You have seen the fruits of your labour.
My ms is slightly better though sometimes it creeps on me sliently. Insomnia is still a problem for me, I wish it'll all dissolved altogether.
Hope you'll contd to have more surprises with your baby!! :)

Perle,

Congrats on having a baby gal!
happy.gif

U mean Dr Adrain does allow videography? But only when the baby is totally out from u?

Yours is natural birth? How many bedded ward did u opt for? Care to share your bill so that we can have a better understanding?
happy.gif

Which pump did u purchase & how much? Is it powerful? Im thinking of getting a dual one, faster & save time but dunno wat brand to buy!

Perle,

Congrats. Post your gal's photo when u have time.

U r right. Must demand for help from nurse esp those on night shift. There were twice they jus push my bb in without bringing him to me. So angry with them.

MTBs

Must remember to get help if u have problems ok?

Angeline,

I think Dr Adrian allow videography when bb is out. He said videography is not allowed by law during any operation.

hi all, thanks for your well wishes!

Zhuzhu, i had insomnia during pregnancy too
try to nap if u can coz insomnia can also lead to headache & giddiness. dun worry, aft birth, i guarantee all these will disappear. u will be so busy that u can fall asleep anytime, anywhere

Angeline, yes Adrian allows that, but only aft baby is out. Due to lack of movement, he advised me to induce birth 1 week earlier, so mtbs, pls monitor your babies movement everyday, every hour when nearer to EDD. my contraction pain was bearable but i had such terrible backache that i surrendered & ask for epidural.I had gone in to labour with the intention of not taking epid but Mrs Wong did advise that it's sometime ok not to stick to the birth plan coz if u are so in pain, it will stress not just the baby but everybody around. I slept for like 5 hours aft that and when Adrian came in, he asked me to push 5 times, still unsuccesful, so he told me that he will help me...which means he will use tool to assist delivery lor. my girl was vacuumed and forcep out in less than 5 min. btw, he also did episotomy cut. Personally, I felt no pain at all during the whole process, pain only kick in aft the epid wears off. And if i were to deliver again, i'll opt for epid. but next time, i will definitely remind my hubby to ask the nurses to come in 1 hour b4 the gynae arrive to help/teach me how to push. Most of my friends who did this step managed to deliver w/o assisted tools. MTBS, pls remember to do this step coz u will be so numb with epidural that u can even move a muscle.

We opted for 1 bedded ward but on that day, TMC's 1 bedded wards were fully occupied, so the nurses push me to a 2-bedded ward on the 4th floor which is a children's ward and doesnt have a nursery, so baby is actually on 3rd flr. They told me that the ward will only be occupied by me and used like 1 bedded but i dun want coz children's ward is very noisy at night as i have previous experience. in the end, they let us stay in the Deluxe ward instead. We still paid for 1 bedded.on the 2nd & 3rd day, they actually wanted to shift me out to 1 bedded ward but again fully occupied so i ended up staying in the deluxe room throughout.
My total hospital charge is $2596, incl of $100 FBI disc, $90accomodation disc & 5% GST.
Anasthetician charge $350
Dr Adrian $775 (Medisave) + $525(non-Medisave) - $65 FBI disc

Total work out to be $4181
total Medisave deduction $2450

Baby's 3 days hospital bill is $718 , incl. 1 day phototherapy for jaundice, FBI disc & GST.

Paediatrician's $150 (medisave) + $150 (non-medisave) - $30 FBI disc.
Total $988
Medisave deduction $834.

total cash paid $1885.

plus TMC also submitted a $450 medisave claim for antenatal package.

I was persuaded by Mrs Wong to get the Avent Isis IQ Duo pump. It's really powerful , fast & gentle. Cost $799 . With FBI disc, I got it at $719.10 and got a $50 gift set (2 Avent 260ml milk , feeding cup, pacifier, shampoo & lotion).
After 6 months, if i want to sell it away, ParentCraft will help me give my contact detail to interested parties & I can sell at $450. With 9 months warranty left. So if I minus out all these, I'll only be forking out $219 to use the pump for 6 mth. quite ok compared to buying formula milk which cost around $30 per tin, about 4 tins a month.
But as I'm quite happy and comfortable with this pump, if my milk supply is still good aft 6 mth, i'll continue to BF till at least 3 yr old.

Actually, one of my colleague is using Medela electric plus which is a dual pump and she has been using it for more than a year. so i guess most pumps are the same. I might have bot that too but I see almost everyone who went to ParentCraft when they have problem with BF chose Avent instead of Medela. So I went with the majority

Those who want to TBF must persevere. Once u pass the 1st mth, you will surely continue to BF. the 1st 2 weeks is the most difficult stage to go thru. Sleep is important. I find drinking Enfamama helps to increase my supply too.

717103.jpg

hi all,

i just went for my 1st visit to Dr Adrian two days ago :) He did a scan for me and onli saw the waterbag.. He told me to see him next 2wks and will can see the foetus..
happy.gif
(Hopefully can hear the heartbeat as well)

Btw. In the scan, it's written that it's 5wks0dys. But according to my last period should be 5wks4dys.
M kinda worry bcoz I've miscarriage last time.
Does anyone experience similar things with mine, dat the age of the foetus is not exactly the same compare to our last menses date?
Sorry to ask this silly question but can't help to ask
embarrassed.gif
Thanks for your care to share.
kao_smile.gif

Eunice,
He also gave me the hormonal tablet (duphaston). The lady outside said it's for the foetus.
Now waiting for the next appt.. heee..
Perle, Your baby gal is so cute...
kao_love.gif

Perle,

Your gal is soooo cuuuute. What is her weight at birth?

Agree TBF is really not easy. I TBF till my boy is almost 1yr old then cannot take it. Too tiring liao cos I bf by pumping.

eufrasia,

Don worry about the bb's age. The age stated is jus an estimate. Mine varies every visit. Sometimes age is older, sometimes younger. This is due to conception date may not be exactly 2 weeks after 1st day of mensus (assuming 28 days cycle). If it is conceived say 3rd week from 1st day of mensus, the bb will naturally be smaller vice versa. So don worry.

I also had miscarriage the last time, so I was also worried that time. But after reading & research, I kind of not so worry. As long as Dr Adrian said ok, then it is ok. He is the type where if not major problem, he will not tell.

Perle,

Thanks for sharing!
Your gal is so cute!!!

What is deluxe ward? Conside how many bedded?

FBI program quite worth it, can get rebate for quite a number of things ya!

Hi Angeline,
A deluxe ward about 1.5 times bigger than 1-bedded ward. It comes with a couch area with coffee table and a separate round table with 2 chairs and 2 arm chairs. roughly like that lah. I was in so much discomfortable aft the epidural wore off that I didnt get to enjoy the comfort of the ward. I took the strongest painkiller but still can feel the episotomy wound.

I think TMC wards are in this order : 4-bedded, 2 bedded, 1 bedded, Deluxe and VIP.

Can forget about booking VIP ward ($700/day) coz they are perpetually fully occupied.
I was visiting a friend recently and the nurse was nice enough to let us go in for a look.. it looks exactly like a cozy hotel room, with separate bedroom for the mother and LCD TV
happy.gif

My friend opted for a 4 bedded ward but Adrian upgrade her to 2-bedded. Her total bill is roughly half of mine. However, the total cash she paid (minus Medisave) is also $1000 plus.

Yes, FBI is a must. Very worth it!

Perle,

Wow, 1.5x bigger than 1 bedded!! Hey, u "tan tio" leh, no need to pay extra money!! But too bad, u didnt get to enjoy cos of ur pain.
sad.gif

Think that time Zoe Tay must have stayed in their VIP ward!

How come ur fren oso pay so much (cash) for 4bedded?

Angeline,

U can go for hospital tour or Ante-natal class. They'll show u the different classes of ward.

My personal opinion is no need to pay extra for too comfy ward. Whether u opt for natural birth or c sect, u will not be able to enjoy. At most, go for 1 beded if u want your hubby to stay overnight.

I opted for 4 bedded & was upgraded to 2 bedded. My hubby will not be able to stay overnight as he needs to work. So rather not spend so much. The following is my bill (C-sect) for your reference.

My bill :
Hospital charges (4 days 3 night) including Doctors' fee & FBI discount : $3060 Less Medisave $2750 Cash paid $310

Baby's bill :
Hospital charges (2 days) including Doctors' fee & FBI discount : $985 less Medisave $886 Cash paid $99

Total cash $410

Athen,

Im going for my detail scan on 07 Apr, oso to sign up the FBI program & to pay for the antenatal course. Maybe i will go for the hospital tour at the same time
happy.gif

I will be taking the 4 bedded one, heard got high chance of being upgrade to 2 bedded!

Wah, ur cash is only 410, good sia! Hope i dun have to pay so much cash too!!
happy.gif

hi all..
Just come back from work. Not that busy at work but still quite tiring.. hee..
It's weekend.. finally will be having enough rest..
biggrin.gif

Got pain on the below left of my belly today.. Think have to rest more..

Athen,
Thanks. Am not so worry now.
smile.gif

Yes, Dr.Adrian said should be okay, no bleeding. Only told me to go for the next appt.
Hopefully everything will really be okay..
kao_smile.gif

Have A Very Nice Weekend!!!

Perle you r back!!
happy.gif

hows motherhood? doing ur confinement now? ur girl looks so sweet.

how long do u intent to breastfeed?

me now 32 weeks....still have abt 8 more weeks to go. so excited!!

eufrasia
dun worry. the age of the foetus is not exactly the same compare to our last menses date...will have some slight diff.

I was also taking quite alot of the duphaston pills during the 1st trim. cos keep spotting n i miscarriage b4 too. was on more than 1 month MC tat time.

dun worry! rest well!

Jia You Cheezel!
rest well and relax
happy.gif

Are u getting Braxton Hicks yet? must monitor your baby's movement, k?
btw, u can call Dr Adrian on his mobile if u need any clarification. he's ok with it, esp. when u are so near to EDD. however, he probably doesnt know who u r but will give u an answer anyway.
I remembered once calling him at 10pm to tell him that i got severe pain in pelvic area..tot it's real contractions. he was busy then and said will call me back..he really did and went on to ask me more abt my pain...then he told me not to worry, not in labour yet.

I'm enjoying every minute with my girl. I love to play with her, sing to her, bath her, even change her diapers. It's a joy to watch her every move and expression
happy.gif

She loves to look at things, esp colourful things and she loves being carried around in my sarong. Can bf her in it , go shopping and also to sooth her to sleep when she gets cranky.

I had wanted a baby for so long and am really happy when i was pregnant. my girl will be 2 mths old in a week's time. then i got to go back to work
sad.gif
coz i took 1 mth maternity leave in advance.

I'll BF for as long as i can.
My motivation comes from my sis-in-law. she bf her first child for a short period only but bf her 2nd child for abt 14 mths and 3rd child for abt 18mths. now, i can tell very clearly that the 2 younger ones are much more intelligent and healthier than the 1st. and my bro-in-law was bf till he was primary one, heehee.. very extreme right..but he is super healthy and took part in triathlon every year...he is 43 this year and he is very smart too! did v well in his studies!
whether BM is really good or not, i think it's worth a try.

A friend told me to get Fenugreek (a type of herb) from GNC to increase my milk supply. think it really works. however, pls take it only after u have delivered coz it may induce labour.
someone in another thread said that she took it when in labour and her milk supply kicks very fast.

Angeline, i also dun underst why my fren paid so much. will ask her for the details next time.

Initially, i wanted to opt for 4-bedded and get upgrade to 2-bedded coz i had already been hospitalised twice for severe vomitting and i wanted to save some $$ too. however, my hubby can really tell that i was v weak & tired thru'out , so he opted for 1 bedded to let me have better rest, less disturbance.

my first stay was at a 2-bedded ward. if u are lucky, u get a quiet neighbour. For me, my neighbour got some many visitors that i was practically awake thru'out my stay there. no joke!she got visitors from 8am onwards till 10pm. and nurse push in her baby 3 times thru'out the night, everytime she will switch on her lights ...being a light sleeper & suffering from severe vomitting, i had a v uncomfortable stay then.that's why my hubby & i were quite reluctant to share the ward.

Perle,

I'm also wandering whether BM is really good. Everyone said BM is good. I bf (by pumping) till my boy is 1 year old. But he is sick every month. Not sure if it is becos he is in infant care or I bf thru pumping. But Dr said it does not matter what method I use to bf, bb still benefit. Dr said he could be worse if he was not bf.

This is jus my experience. MTBs don let this affect your decision to bf.

But one thing I know for sure is I lost lots of weight thru bf even though I eat like a hippo.

Cheezel,
In 8weeks u'll become a mommy, congratz!! Do you intend to have a normal delivery? I heard gotta have enough walking so can have a smooth delivery.
What is ur baby gender? Hubby & me prefer a boy, my ILs prefer gal.. hee... but anything will do.. Gal oso cute.. can dress her up.. hee..

Tks. Yap. Kinda worry coz of ever miscarriage last time
lame.gif
. All I can do is to rest more and hope the duphaston pills can help. I take 3times/day. Btw, everytime I take the pills, I notice tat my dizzyness & the nausea become worse. Dr said it's okay and told me to carry on taking. Was wondering, do you have the sympthom like I do?

Yes.. I heard BF can help us to lose weight. Is other reason for me to BF my baby-to-be.. Hubby said my tummy is like 3mths pregnant not 5wks.. Oredi have a big belly before start pregnant
kao_sad2.gif
Dunno y, I oredi start to eat alot. Always finish the food in my plate. Gotta cut down. Coz eventhough full, still will b hungry soon and the full will make me feel nausea.. hee..

Take care

perle
haben experience Braxton Hicks yet le. u experience tat b4?
ya..everyday also monitor bb movement. if bb no move then will get worried. u taking care of ur bb all by yourself?
u took the fenugreek fr GNC also? good?

Eufrasia
of cos will prefer to have normal delivery. i also heard must walk enuff to have smooth delivery.
me having boiboi. me n hubby have no preference on the gender. ILs prefer boi though they say boi or gal also te same.

tat time during the 1st trims. even duphaston pills or hormone jab also no effect on me. i still spot very often. theres once i even bleed n rush down to the hospital to meet up with dr adrian. tats the most stressful period..lucky bb doing fine. its only when i went for my NT scan, then the sonographer told me my placenta is low which explains the constant spotting. but lucky ater 1st trim, dr adrian say placenta move up n strangely, the spotting clear off totally.
i check with dr adrian, he say taking the pills will make some experience nausea...but he says it normal n ok. i experience nausea n lack of appetite. though didnt lost any wt, but not much appetite for anything...so i try to take very small meals. appetite only improve after 1st trim.....can eat so well all of sudden after tat...n tats when i feel better!

Back