Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

Hi There,

I just delivered on the 14th @ TMC. Normal delivery + induce = total bill less than 3k.
But my doc is Lawrence Ang not Adrian. I went to him before coz he's nearer to my place but after stable dw i went bk to dr. Ang again.

Hi Brayden..

you mean even if we had signed up with him bfore he inform us of the price increase? does it apply to us as well? or those who signed up with him from now on...

Ahxue, i find myself craving v badly for tea this time round too. Very unbearable. Need lipton, need green tea. Trying v hard to control.
Im going to see Dr A on 13th this month, hope can see gender. Hee. can start shopping again. =)

This morning i was at TMC 24 hours clinic and saw Dr A rushing into the delivery ward. Cant imagine his extremely busy life.

Hi Soeur15,

the price increase applies to all delivery done by him from June onwards
happy.gif

my baby is due another 1+ mth time , signed e package since i am 5 wk preg.

Hope that his bill will be ard $3 including me , baby n hospital bill.

he delivered my 1st baby in 2007 and my bill at tat tm already $2.8k , coz i do not have medisave so have to pay all in cash
sad.gif

Hi Brayden..

i see...hmm...thats nt very fair in a way le..i signed up with them since my 1st visit at wk 6 too....but nonetheless i will ask him again ..

thanks...and have a smooth delivery ya! just in case i din come bk into the forum as had been lazy haha

hey all, does dr a take your blood pressure every visit? coz he did that for my no.1 but now for no.2, he hasn't even taken my bp once, and i'm already 5 mths... i keep forgetting to ask him

hi littledot

he did that for my first one as i am having high blood pressure as for second one only late stage.

hi,
dr did it onli for me on my latest visit at 34wk preg.
last tm he did for my no.1 on every visit.
nw curremntly expecting 2nd one , he onli took once on my last visit.
he didnt even take my weight b4...

maybe he's rushing against tm
happy.gif

littledot,
he takes my blood pressure almost every visit leh..mayb its my #1? as for weight, never even once..lolx

btw,like to ask the rest of mummies..
did Dr A ever ask u to count the baby kicks in tummy? hw did u do it? i dun quite get it when he explain..nw so blur,hehe
and oso, by 3rd tri, izit true dun need to take folic acid pills? the nurse say so,then dun give me anymore..

summer's mummy,

I can only see him on 1st Aug. He say cannot predict the gender yet. keke. Probably will pop in when its approaching 18th week and see if he can guess the gender. I been drinking a lot of tea too. This time the craving is very bad. I buy frm sweet talk, jap green tea, lipton tea, iced milk tea etc. Whenever I think of what to drink, its tea. Or iced lemon tea.

Some time back i experienced cramps in my stomach. Very bad cramp and ache. Scared me. Dr A called me and asked me how bad was the pain. Asked me where I am staying. Tot he wanted to pop by. haha. But in the end he said if no bleeding shd be fine.

delfin,

Yea he did ask to count. Everyday got to feel the kick at least 10 times i think. In your 3rd tri you shd be able to feel baby's movement/kicks daily. I used to see my tummy changing into funny shape or hand/feet "poking" my tummy. Thats really the most interesting time. I rem lying on the bed, just talking and trying to see and feel movements.

Now by 2nd tri, he does not give folic acid anymore. For my #1, he prescribed folic acid all the way i think. He doesnt take weight. He is more concerned about baby's growth n weight.

hi all, thanks for your feedback, guess he might only intend to take later in the pregnancy, since it's the same for most of u. yah he also stopped my folic acid after first trim tho for no.1 he gave me all the way. didn't take my weight either this time, tho i dun mind coz i tink i put on a lot! haha

only thing is this preg he told me to avoid caffeine, which is so tough for me
sad.gif
but for no.1, he said no prob if i dun take more than 1 cup a day...

Hi mommies,
i have craving for milk tea too,
has been buying frm sweet talk daily
happy.gif

dr A stopped giving me folic acid when i m 33 wk preg... nw 35 wk preg, 1 more mth to c my princess!

Hi soeur,

did u managed to asked about the increase in deilivery charges from him? i also am with him since week 6. Am week 35 now.. hee

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread. Was wondering is there any IVF mommies here who visited Dr Adrian? Im currently in 5 weeks. Had BFP after my IVF but so far I havent been to any private gynae and havent been through any scans after my BFP.

I believe there's alot of mommies here.. hope someone could answer my questions. Though im only in 5 weeks, everynite I will tend to have lower backache and backside ache! Is this normal? Maybe lower backache is normal but left bum aching.. is it normal huh?

Hi

Any mummies check w Dr Adrian recently about the increase in delivery charges? Cos I also signed up since Feb and thinks its not fair that the increase also apply to customers that signed up with him before the increase?

Also anyone can share how many times that he took the blood test throughout the pregnancy? So far till now I only took once (now ard on my 7th mth).

Hi Labbitpj,
yes backache n backsideache is normal.
i experience it too when i am abt 6wks preg.
when walk too much will have back ache and when sit too long will feel tat backside will ache.
Checked w dr adrian b4 n he told me tat it's normal..
he also explained to me tat back side ache is bcoz our uterus widen or wat cant realli rmbers ...

Hi Acneery gal,
dr adrian do far i am already 36 wk preg he hasnt taken any blood test for me at all. but for my no1 i rmber he did take blood test for me once but cant realli rmber hw many wk preg.

Hi mommies,do update whether Dr Adrian also increase delivery charges for u all even though u signed his package b4 the increase in charges.as i signed my package when i am 5 wks preg but was told tat e increase in price onli during my 2nd last visit n if i rmbers correctly price increase is for all babies delivered from June onwards.

Hi MTBS,

i just bot a Clarins Tuile oil but realise am sensitive to it.

am letting go at $50 if anyone interested, only used for 2 weeks...sms me @ 91864161

Hi Brayden

Oh not even once for you? That's funny right? Until now I am still not very used to his "chop chop" attitude. Maybe I am a very detailed person and always like explanation. As for him, he only answer when you ask him and not that he will tell you wats the blood test for? The test resuts explains wat etc.... so that we as first time mum knows wat to expect and wats going on. Although he answer questions posted to him, but he also answer without much question asked. Eg, when I am few weeks preggy that time, I had brown discharge and he also never ask how long has it been going on and how bad the condition was and he just prescribe the hormones tablets and told me to take for 2 or 3 weeks cant remember. Everything he also say its ok, its normal, I know his intention maybe not to worry us uneccessarily but it makes me feel that whatever questions that I post to him he will say its normal so sometimes I also dun feel like asking him.
Does anyone out there feel the same as me or that my expectation is too high?

hi mummies & mtb
happy.gif

i m oso with dr adrian @ Sk branch..now expecting my #2.. i m in wk 15-16wk now.. jus went to c him on mon.. was told my bb looks boyish.. but he didn cfm..

can anyone share... when he say "looks like" boy/girl... most like he got it rite ma?? anyone was told another gender in another visit??

hee.. we didn see the penis.. but only a lump between the legs.. so i m wondering still got chance for a ger bo.. i was hoping for ger lol.. hee

hi acneery gal,
yup he wont tell u abt e bloodtest n even urine result unless u asked him...
i asked him b4 wat's e urine test for n was told tat was to test e sugar level.
last tm he told me tat my sugar level is too low n recommended me to drink Coke... haha n my hubby was definitely against it.. haha...

yup his chop chop attitude might be due to e huge loads o patient waiting to consult him..

any mommies had dr adrian to delivered 2 babies already via natural delivery? was wondering coz my 1st 1 was natural delivery w episiotomy , wondering 2nd one wil be the same w episiotomy or let it tears naturally as i heard frm frens tat their 2nd ones are w/o episiotomy...

cladi

Hmm..both my pregancies, Adrian got the genders correct..my gal was before 16 weeks, for my boy he already predict the gender when i was like only 12weeks...

Brayden
Both my pregnacies was natural w/o epi...2nd wan was induced natural coz bb small...
For my case,maybe bcoz my boy was only 2.3kg compare to my elder gal of 3.45kg...so dun remember Adrian performing the episiotomy...
Think for 2nd bb onwards, it will lessen the chance of episiotomy has the area have streched after the 1st delivery...unless bb is super big...

eunice
wow..tats early.. i rmb my #1 bor.. he oso predicted at very early stage.. but this one.. he didn cfm til now.. only say looks boyish lol.. didn see the penis.. only see a lump there.. so jus wonder still got hope for ger bo.. hee

Hi eunice,
thnks for advising
happy.gif

btw jus received a letter frm TMC td,
they are doing pre admission registration n told me tat Dr Adrian had bked 4 bedded for me..
1st one was delivered in TMC, currently expecting one he didnt ask me which hospital i prefer n he already bked for me tmc
happy.gif

Cladi

Hmm..there's chance for bb to be gal has you have not seen the ACTUAL stuff..keep fingers crossed..hehe

Brayden
Think bcoz you delivered under him once so he based on your previous record than book lor...that time for me also...hehe..
somemore last min, fri he call them actually wanting me to admin sat night but i chose sun morning...hehe

Hi everyone,
Was wondering did any mommies here experience bleeding during their 1st trimester? I had bleeding on sat and was admitted to KKH, followed by 3 nights stay there. The Dr who is there did not tell me much abt wats the reason for the bleeding. Mentioned something like its very common during pregnancy only. When I got home, it become brown staining and yesterday, no more staining. BUT, today, the brown staining come back again. Am very worried. Wanted to see Dr Adrian asap but was told he'll only be available on tues nite at SK.

Hi Brayden,
Thanks for ur reply. Glad that backside aching and pain is normal.

Hi Cladi,
U with Dr Adrian at SK branch? Do u face any difficulty to get and appt to see him? Today I called his clinic, keep enaging and finally when it gets through, I ask the clinic staff abt seeing Dr Adrian the first time. But hor.. She said he not at this branch very often. Today is thurs but she said he only be in next tues nite time. Was wondering if got emergency like not well etc, how to see him then?

hi labbitpj,
Dr adrian is at cck clinic every mon n thurs nite.
it's v easy to see him during his clinic operating hrs.
jus need to call n check whether he will be at e clinic on tat day den go down n see him, no need to make appointment.
coz in cck clinic is base on first come first serve basis. though dey stil give appointment tm but they serve each ppl according to the sequence tat u arrive at e clinic :_

hi labbitpi

for sk branch:

mon, thur, sat - afternoon clinic
tue,fri - night clinic

if you are he patient you can call his hp sure can get him.... i even sms him

cladi,
for my case, Dr A oso predict the gender ard this period, he did it correctly lor..anyway, jz few more weeks, u will b goin dn for detail scan rite, by then u will b cfrm le..=)

labbitpi
i got no problem gettin to see him.. i oso sms him if i have ques.. he do reply.. like wat Brayden say.. sk branch oso in first come first serve basis..

Delfin
hee.. i will b seeing him on 21Aug first.. then detail scan on 28Aug.. so mayb b4 detail scan he will cfm bb gender le.. he ask whether my #1 is bor or ger.. even ask which gender i prefer for this bb... haha.. then he say look boyish wo.. keep my little bit hope still.. pray hard ba.. since haven c the kkb.. keekee

Eunice20
thanks thanks
happy.gif
pray hard for me ba..

Hi Ivy and all,
Not these days tat u mentioned leh. You mentioned sat afternoon rgt? I just called the SK branch and I think it's diverted to a hp which a lady pick up the call. She said only tues nite Dr Adrian will be at SK branch.

Who visits SK branch? Does he come to SK every day?

labbitpj, i am also seeing dr A at SK branch...usually i go to nite appt on tues and fri...if emergency i will sms or call his hp...if bleeding alot, he will ask u go cck clinic if really need to do a scan...last time i was like that, then have to rush all the way to cck clinic to see him

cladi,

There were 2 visits I went, around when I was 12 weeks and 15 weeks, doc adrian say look boyish. WheN i went on 17th week, he say look girlish. But then he say he cannot confirm cos baby doesnt want to open legs. He just told me not to go shopping first.

So now still wondering if its girl or boy. Can only wait for the detailed scan to verify. Hub is hoping for a boy cos #1 is a girl.

The suspense is killing me. haha.

ahxue
Haha.. But did u c the penis urself? I oso like u.. Hoping for one bor n one ger.. But when now i starts to thk of names for bor liao.. I start to give up hope for ger le ba..

Hi Porky,
Wat time does the nite appt on tues and fri starts? I might go tonite. I got bleeding today again. Sigh.. U went to CCK clinic to scan? U mean he dont have the scanning machines at SK branch?

labbitpj
the SK evening appt starts at 6pm.. they collect name for q liao.. on first come first serve..

is ur bleeding serious?? dun walk too much ah.. hope u will b fine

Hi Cladi,

My bleeding is brown color. Today abit only. Went to see Dr Adrain on tues alrdy. He gave me a jab and some vitamins. But paid abt $205 leh.. Quite ex hor. He didnt ask whether I wanna sign his package or not but he asked me to see him 2 weeks later.

I read from some post here that some pple take up his prenatal package on 2nd visit and he gave refund for ur 1st visit. Is it true? Anyone experience tat?

labitpj
Glad tat u r fine.. Do rest more n dun walk too much..

They allow off set cost on first visit against the package.. So u jus need to pay the bal.. They oso allow bal to pay in separate visit.. But i thk medicine cost from first visit cannot use to off set.. Only consultation n scan cost ba..

Cladi

Coz you are not on package,so when you pay on each visit it's X...normally Adrian will not keep talking on package, moreover, you went to him coz you are bleeding hense he may not wan to be like unfeeling & keep pushing the package to you...
Previously, i paid for my 1st visit as usual, upon the 2nd visit than sign package,the nurse will offset against to total amount & i top up the diff...but it's better that you double confirm with the clinic asst as mine was in 2006 & 2007....

Junior

You can try lor..hehe..never ask him abt tat coz to me as long as bb healthy & safe & sound it's enough for me....

But to my knowledge, gender of BB is determine by the sperm & i read before somewhere that diet etc may cause diff...but they are not 100% proven...

for my case..dr adrian actually told me about the package on my 1st visit....i juz went for my 2nd scan today...normally u'll juz hv to pay half 1st then when the 2nd half needs to be pay the nurse there will inform u to pay on ur followin visit...

eunice
hee.. not me la.. is labbitpj ah..

i still haven go detail scan.. nor gyna visit.. next visit in 21aug.. look forward to tat.. curious on bb gender lol
happy.gif

I visit Dr Adrian when I was week 16 on 21st jul, he ask me if I wanna noe gender, mum was with me. He said most prob boy, then said u see something sticking out??? My mum still said huh??? Sure or nt, we prefer ger.... Doc said next round la, 1st 1 boy better etc.....trying to console my mum. I just kept quiet.

Will be going for detailed scan on 20th Aug, hope to know more a more confirmed ans. But when we went hkg the next day after the visit, we ald buy more boy stuff or unisex colours, so at least if sekali its ger still can wear. i love purple alot so I cant resist I still buy a purple romper. Bb too small to paiseh oso ask agreed by my hb, hee!

Hi mommies,
i delivered to my 2nd princess on 1st aug
happy.gif

total tmc bill including gynae n pediatrician + hospital charges= $3170... for 4 bedded but i gt free upgrade to 2 bedded

I delivered naturally without assistant (meaning delivered without epidural/vacuum or/forcep)

Actualli my baby head is coming out but e midwife keeps asking me nt to push.. when dr adrian arrive, my baby simply slide her way out, dr adrian don even have e tm to sit on e stool to get ready n out my bb comes
happy.gif

dr adrian burst my water bag at 430 n i delivered at 447pm
happy.gif

v fast experienced less den 10 contractions
happy.gif

brayden
Congrats!! really do hope mine will b a smooth delivery too, hoping not to use epi, duno can tahan anot..nw is my waiting period liao, any moment frm nx week on..keke
btw, u did the bb birth cert there liao mah?

Hi Delfin n cladi,

thanks
happy.gif

hope u both have a smooth delivery too
happy.gif
take care ...
nw v bz w my new bundle o joy. don have so much time to surf net liao
happy.gif

Hi cladi,

I have went for my scan on thurs. The wait was so long. I waited for more than an hour at TMC.
But baby was very co-operative. The waiting moment to know the gender was really a killer. I had sms and calls. Felt like waiting for the results of $1 million toto. haha. Anyway,I am expecting a boy. keke. From the scan can see very clearly. And I am relieved that though my appetitie has not been very good, baby is above average by 30g.

Your is in about 11 days' time? All the best ya and hope you get the gender u wish for!

Brayden,

You are so lucky! Your delivery is so smooth and speedy. Hope this time round mine can be as smooth.

Back